Bienvenue, Visiteur !

09-04-2011, 01:56 AM | Message : #1
SweetName  Go to next important person...
Ever wanted a guide to 2x Very Long Range pistol commandoing?

Guess what... I made one.

Weapons: 2 VLR pistols + Nade launcher. (pretty self explanatory right?)

Abilities: In order of how you should level them, details afterward
Stealth Rank 1: If you need more than this you're doing it wrong (SERIOUSLY, try it out. REALLY try it out.)
Elixir Rank 5: This is your bread and butter
MT Rank 1: Snipers with their pants down are easy kills.
TT Rank 1: At some point you'll want to camp for a bit, do it safely.
MT Rank 5: Commando rage in chat is priceless.
TT Rank 5: TT can be VERY useful... especially with a low cool down

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stealth rank 1: Why? Because you don't need to be in stealth very often. The whole point of the two pistols is versatility, movement, and a high rate of accurate fire.

If you're stealthed you aren't shooting. If you aren't shooting you aren't killing. If you aren't killing GTFO off the server. With 2 pistols you don't need to reload. With pistols you don't need to sneak next to a target, you don't need to camp far away to line up shots. You need to dodge and spray bullets. (I should reinforce this. You do NOT need to sneak NEXT to ANYONE. So stop crying about BS, stop crying about gunners. ) You need to dodge and SPRAY bullets. A fast dump of your gun is usually more valuable than carefully lining up shots.

Elixir rank 5: Why? Elixir is the whole secret to staying alive as a pistol-er. You combine the amazing dodging power of leg it, with a hefty shield for yourself. You NEED both of these things to stay alive as a pistol-er. Trust me, use it, and use it often. (Note: Its a defensive tool... not a travel power. You'll hate your life if you rush to a gunfight... and then die because you don't have your elixir)

MT rank 5: Why? You don't have a lot of options on where to put points. MT is actually SURPRISINGLY useful. First of all, knifers and snipers can be a real biatch when you only have 80 health... Keep them marked = keep them off your jock. Secondly, MT has a side benefit of drawing your teams attention to the guy with the arrow on his head. Instead of just you shooting him, you'll find Half your team will open up on the target. Targets dying faster = your team taking less damage... Focus fire FTW. Thirdly, MT works on vehicles... Planes/tanks get melted fast when they come from behind a cliff with a Mark on them. Fourth, POINTS! MT is free points, so why not? Fifth, MT lets you see things from much further away than you normally should, lets you see through your elixir dust cloud

TT Rank 5: TT is FUN. TT is Effective if used right. To start with... just toss them around as you make your way through the map. If a knifer surprises you... or you run into a gunner? Elixir and retreat over your TT. Watch the flow of the battle change in your favor. If you're going to camp? Set up a TT or two. one where you're camping... then one at a likely approach.

Other neat stuff(optional) You've watched Big Bang right? You know how to jeep trap right? Jeeps are a good place to set up your TT's. Any time you're gong to cap a flag with a jeep nearby... set one up.

overwhelming odds charging your position? Throw a TT at your feet. Pop Elixir Shoot TT and superman your way to freedom.

Really... I could go on and on about the fun and varied ways to use TT... but that’s probably a separate guide that should be written by someone better than me.

NOTEWORTHY: TT now adds a slight, but long lasting, poison DoT. The damage part? Pretty negligible really... and comes too slowly to save your butt from anything. But it IS an additional tool to help screw the commandos trying to get the close range drop on you. (Because you can see the poison cloud.)

That’s it for abilities y’all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Counters:

Commandos: sniper. Your advantages here are that you have an unlimited supply of bullets, that you can dodge while returning fire. If you see a sniper, swap to a fully loaded pistol... aim at sniper, dead in 1 clip. If the sniper fires at YOU, pop elixir, dance like you're a member of Fishbone (Its a band... look up a live show), spray bullets at the area. The focus is on dodging them first, shooting them second. You'll have time to aim when they need to reload.

Commandos: Knifer. The only time they're a threat is if they get you first... which isn't too hard, you are probably unstealthed. If you've been camping you'll have a TT in the area. Either they'll hit it before knifing, in which case you MT and LoL at free kill. Otherwise, Elixir, backpedal/circle, spray bullets. The only time its a REAL problem, is high level PB.

Commandos with SR pistols: You'll probably lose this one. They have EVERY advantage at close range. The crafty mmando will MT you, shoot your TT... then skeet you out of the air while you try to figure out what just happened.

Soldiers: Soldiers CAN be tricky... but only if they're REALLY good at aiming... or get those huge smg crits. (BB is the problem of course.) How you fight them depends on the range they're at. The secret is that leg it > Lsmg for the most part. That 2 pistols > 1 pistol. Open fire, they SHOULD have to blow their CM before they find you and start returning bullets. Elixir, dodge, win. BB can ruin your day though. If its close range? Circle strafe... and depending on the range... charge close to them. If you're lucky they'll BS you, not realizing that they're actually helping you gain the range you need to survive.

Gunners: If you're far away... they're a free kill. its RARE fora gunner to break the elixir shield from range before you kill them... no worries here. If the gunner leg its at you, you backpedal. you actually ARE faster.. your gun is WAY higher dps at range. If the gunner gets close to you though.. you pretty much just die... console yourself with the knowledge they don't get much of a health return from a lowly commando. (NOTE: I don't mean far away like... on a mountain somewhere... I mean far away like, the length of the ship on shipwreck.) Oh, Toss A TT while you're at it. Either they run over the TT and take big damage + fly away... or they cancel leg it to eat your TT... you should win either way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basics of play style: First to note, you are playing an amazingly versatile build. You are effective at all but the CLOSEST of ranges. You are mobile enough that you can take part in soldier pushes. You are accurate enough that you can camp mountains... If you find there are too many MT snipers... hang with the soldiers. If you find their are too many gunners, go camp a mountain. IF you find you're up against a stacked team, flank and spray into the group for big points.

I prefer a mid ranged mobile combat style... that’s what I’ll focus on.

My game play normally consists of two distinct phases. The stealthed phase, in which I focus on flanking the enemy group, and raining pistol shots on them from an unexpected angle. If they don't notice you, and they usually won't for quite a while, you'll deal out impressive damage, and an impressive score. When they DO notice you? Either elixir your butt to freedom, or elixir and strafe your enemy down. (If your team is lucky, a hefty chunk of the enemy will get enraged by your antics, and will break off to chase you. A few TT's later and the enemy front line is NOTICEABLY thinned out. Your welcome gunners... now take advantage and charge the damn lookout.)

The unstealthed/I've been injured phase: Where you hang out 5-6 feet behind the soldiers (who themselves are 5-10 feet behind the gunners) Spraying bullets at everything that moves. Providing MT cover to prevent snipers from showing their ugly mugs. Keeping TT's handy, to surprise those kamikaze knifers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Since this is the most common question, this gets more detail*
Why rank one stealth?

Let me explain, in probably too lengthy detail, the roles of the builds and then we'll see if it makes sense to you.

A knifer's job is to anger up the enemy team. They do so by selectively killing players in an obnoxious fashion. (requires high stealth)

A snipers job is to kill key targets (whatever is available/easiest usually) Using high burst damage.

A pistol-er's job, unlike the other common mmando builds, is not really to KILL targets. You lack the burst damage to make you better at this than either of the above builds. Instead, a pistol-er's job is to deal damage. *and get your kills as they come to you*

Unlike the other builds, 2x VLR pistols has a VERY high sustained damage output. That’s what you should focus on. Some people like to play the 2x pistol build as a modified sniper. While this works... it doesn’t' work as WELL as a traditional sniper build does for the same task. (You lack the required burst damage. I mean, unlike a sniper.... a full health target has ample time to get away from a pistol-er.) So focusing on stealth, trying to pop out, kill target, re stealth.. just makes you a poorly equipped sniper who doesn't do the job as well. In other words... 2x VLR pistol sniper is credit to enemy team.

The focus SHOULD be on assisting your teammates in dpsing targets, (you should be racking up A LOT of assists as 2x VLR pistol) and on pinning down the opposing team.

Example: 3 soldiers want to push out from the square on RR. A sniper will kill one of the soldiers. (maybe... depends on how on the ball the CM is.) A pistol-er will half life the first soldier, making him blow CM... them half life the 2nd soldier... making him blow CM... then half life etc. YOU may not personally kill any of these 3.... but your teammates will have a very easy time of doing that for you won't they? (and you may still get the assist on all 3 regardless. Especially if you are able to KEEP dpsing them.)

Which leads to another thing I should have pointed out in the guide. 2x VLR pistol is much more team dependent/team supporting than the other builds of commando. If you are playing the build like a lone wolf sniper... you are not taking full advantage of the possibilities that 2x VLR pistol offers. Next time... try staying closer to the soldiers/gunners. You'll start receiving leg its... shields... combat meds... sixth sense. Your MT will guide people into shooting at the targets YOU select. (with ONE other on the ball player... every MT results in either a kill or an assist for you. It adds up fast.) Their BS will keep those knifers/gunners off your Johnson.

Basically... its not at all uncommon, in my experience, For a 2x VLR pistol-er to receive the full benefit of leg it + HS + a heal afterward.. while being able to keep elixir as a personal back up when things get hairy.

When stealth is available and you see that your teammates and the enemy have stalemated into camping positions... or you see a soldier or gunner trying for a flanking run. You stealth up, follow that player off to the side, or from a good distance behind. Wait until combat has started.... and then provide a little surprise to the enemy by turning a 1v1 into a sneaky high damage 2v1.

2x VLR pistol works MUCH better when played as a support build rather than as a lone wolf.

Here's a crappy picture of how I flow my gameplay... From sticking with team, to working a flank, then back to team. (I draw teh picturz!)

[Image: 2xpistoladvice.jpg]

and... this is how you shoot when the enemy is shooting back at you...
[Image: aiming.png]
(image by... D3phext .)

[Image: 2]
(Ce message a été modifié le : 03-03-2012 04:13 PM par SweetName.)
Trouver tous les messages de cet utilisateur
Citer ce message dans une réponse
09-04-2011, 02:09 AM | Message : #2
Royalarmyguy 
Good written, i always enjoy the good grammar and explanation found in your posts.
I can't see any fault at all in this guide, actually you made me wanna try this.
Actually, i AM gonna try this.
Great work!
(I'll watch the video soon ^^)

[Image: stealthosig.png]
09-04-2011, 02:19 AM | Message : #3
debiliuaskas 
O-O im not gonna read all this

[Image: debu.png]

09-04-2011, 02:22 AM | Message : #4
Sewr 
Dual LR pistol is my favorite. If you want to level fast with the commando go with this guide and get yourself an XP boost. Smile

09-04-2011, 02:25 AM | Message : #5
SweetName 
(09-04-2011 02:09 AM)Royalarmyguy a écrit :  Good written, i always enjoy the good grammar and explanation found in your posts.
I can't see any fault at all in this guide, actually you made me wanna try this.
Actually, i AM gonna try this.
Great work!
(I'll watch the video soon ^^)

Thanks.

(09-04-2011 02:19 AM)debiliuaskas a écrit :  O-O im not gonna read all this

Thats rough. Reading is FUN-Damental

09-04-2011, 02:33 AM | Message : #6
Hikaruonline 
Ohhh Stealth 1. Didn't think about that, although it makes sense. Maybe this will help me like pistols more
I think I'll try this out because I do have 2 VLR pistols :O

~ Issued by AAnnoo ~
Your signature exceeds the maximum dimensions allowed.
The official signature rules can be found in the 'Signature Guidlines' thread.
09-04-2011, 03:15 AM | Message : #7
Achim. 
Dual LR pistol is my fav on soldier! Well written topic.

[Image: 9519140_0fce_625x625.jpg]
09-04-2011, 03:15 AM | Message : #8
[Fuel]Fireblast 
Most server kick for dual anything, so use wisely...
09-04-2011, 03:36 AM | Message : #9
Gr3nadi3r 
(09-04-2011 03:15 AM)0x5b;Fuel0x5d;Fireblast a écrit :  Most server kick for dual anything, so use wisely...

I've never been kicked for dual pistols. Good servers kick for duel lr shotties, though.

[Image: prestorian.png]
09-04-2011, 04:38 AM | Message : #10
SweetName 
(09-04-2011 03:15 AM)0x5b;Fuel0x5d;Fireblast a écrit :  Most server kick for dual anything, so use wisely...

Dual pistols works entirely different than dual shotgun or dual knife.

You aren't swaping after each shot/swing to increase your rate of fire.

You're just using two of the same pistol because there is no better option for the playstyle.

heck, most people don't even realize that you're using 2x VLR pistol.

09-04-2011, 12:30 PM | Message : #11
ShadeShooter
Moved to Tutorials and Guides, thanks for the great guide that will help many SweetName ^_^
09-04-2011, 05:01 PM | Message : #12
Falkhorn 
i might try this out should i get some hero slots. but for a new nat mando

[Image: 2a2t01.png]
09-04-2011, 05:16 PM | Message : #13
Wuferus 
-deleted-

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=80fc61077c0916...2a3919857e]
Issued by Community Moderator Avarik
09-04-2011, 05:49 PM | Message : #14
simondewd 
+ Great guide, I'm gonna start a dual LR pistol commando and this should help me a lot Smile
- Could you tell me what abilities I should get each 2 levels? Thanks.
(eg. Lvl 2 - 2 stealth, Lvl 4 - *whatever*)

(Ce message a été modifié le : 09-04-2011 05:57 PM par simondewd.)
09-04-2011, 09:55 PM | Message : #15
SweetName 
(09-04-2011 12:30 PM)ShadeShooter a écrit :  Moved to Tutorials and Guides, thanks for the great guide that will help many SweetName ^_^

Cool, Thanks.

(09-04-2011 05:49 PM)simondewd a écrit :  + Great guide, I'm gonna start a dual LR pistol commando and this should help me a lot Smile
- Could you tell me what abilities I should get each 2 levels? Thanks.
(eg. Lvl 2 - 2 stealth, Lvl 4 - *whatever*)

Well....

I've got three options here really.

1. I could ignore you.

2. I could give you an answer.

I would prefer

3. I get some feedback on exactly this topic.

Heres why I prefer option 3.

I didn't start doing 2x VLR pistols until I was level 12. SO I had 6 points to spend right when I started.

It was a new build for me, with no handy guides or videos or anything like that. So I was figuring stuff out on a trial and error kind of basis.

I was getting a pistol mission completed every round... and swapping my build to test it out each round as well.

I THINK I went with MT3 Elixer 3 though. Then maxed elixer, followed by MT. Its kind of hard to remember... because i was leveling VERY fast. I blew through my teens very quickly... and only now, at the high 20's... do I feel like i'm doing a grind.

Basically... I never had to do the low level stuff with 2x pistols. Frankly... I'm not even sure that this is a good idea.

I mean... Elixer the the ability on which the whole playstyle depends. Without elixer one can still use 2x pistols... but you have to use it in a very long range... sniper sort of fashion. (and being a regular sniper will probably be just as productive.... although if one isn't used to the pistol... from soldiering or w/e the practice aiming may come in handy.)

On the other hand...

MT is a pretty big chunk of the high score per round/minute possible with 2x pistols.

So... Its kind of a trade off. Elixer is what lets you stay alive, provides your mobility... and allows you to hang out with the soldiers and gunners to make use of THEIR buffs.

MT is a large part of what makes a 2x pistol such a high scoring build. It is ALSO what keeps you from being an easy knifer target. (which is very important at low levels... since knifers are so common.)

The build, and my aggressive midfield playstyle, doesn't come alive until you can get high ranks of both.

Summary: I can only speculate as to the order one should spend their points at low levels. Because I personally didn't PLAY this way at low levels.

I would LOVE it if someone who has/is going to... would provide some feedback / share their experiences.

UNTIL THEN: I don't really recommend doing 2x VLR pistols at low levels. Knife+pistol is pretty dominating at low level... and is easier to do.

But... Until then....

(If you want to play midfield like the guide describes...)

2-6Elixer
8-MT
10-12 Elixer
14-16 MT
18-TT
20-22 MT
24-30 TT

OR... (If you don't mind camping during the early levels... you'll probably level faster doing..)

2-10 MT
12-18 Elixer
20 TT
22 Elixer
24-30 TT

NOTE: This second build will be alot less survivable until... level 16ish. But SHOULD be capable of racking up a nice fat score... which will get you out of that dangerous early stage early.

My only real problem is... the build uses MT spam for a good portion of its points... uses camping for a large portion of its survivability... It will be boring and you may pick up some pretty bad habits.

TLDR: I don't know for what the best way to level up the build is in the early stages... i'm not even sure its a good idea to do so.

I would love to hear peoples experiences with trying it though.

11-04-2011, 03:41 PM | Message : #16
simondewd 
Firstly, thanks alot for choosing option 3 Smile

Secondly, I just started using dual LR pistol with my new National commando iBunghole and it's VERY easy and VERY fun leveling during the low levels since they have no expirience within the game and you have 22 bullets doing 10-45 each firing at them.

My friend took a screenshot for me of an epic game that I got;
[Image: 2w6fg9s.jpg]

I actually got 7.1k XP because of XP boost and I completed Infantry Focus IV that round of MM.

My abilities when I started this were:
Lvl 2 - 1 Elixir
Lvl 4 - 1 MT
Lvl 6 - 2 Stealth
Lvl 8 - 3 Stealth
Lvl 10 - 4 Stealth
.. And heading to level 12 I have no idea what to spend my next HP on.

This is a very strong setup for solo commandos and can put commandos into a teamworking position on the team, I've been getting 10+ kills and 0-2 deaths per round.

I highly recommend this to anyone of any level.

Smile

11-04-2011, 03:50 PM | Message : #17
7JonasKiller7 
When i watched the vid and you just killled skullcusher twice i read the chat, he calls you an aimbotter Big Grin Thought it was very amusing to watch and made me want to try it Smile Veryy nicee!

[Image: lalalla.png]
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM | Message : #18
simondewd 
Citation :NADE LAUNCHER: ok... I played with it briefly... and I'd say if you have the cash... go for it. rank 1 stealth makes TNT on tanks risky... at least the nade launcher can do SOMETHING. Plus, it gives you a shot at finishing off targets after they've run for cover. (Plus, I imagine it further unbalances RR against the nats.)
I forgot about this,
I'd actually say this is very important because it temporarily paralyzes knifers so they can't move while you elixir away while shooting them, also when people are camping on balconies eg. MM or the Windmill on CC? Maybe a balcony on VV, you can fire a few nades up there to kill them or bring them up to finish off with your pistol.

Citation :I would love to hear peoples experiences with trying it though.

There's mine for taking the time to write this guide, you deserve it Tongue

(Ce message a été modifié le : 12-04-2011 12:04 AM par simondewd.)
12-04-2011, 12:24 PM | Message : #19
xd4rkr4ng3x1 
One of the best guide's ive ever seen! :}
keep making guide's man, also try to put them on youtube with video's etc

[Image: ilaurencessig.png]
13-04-2011, 02:52 PM | Message : #20
SweetName 
(12-04-2011 12:24 PM)xd4rkr4ng3x1 a écrit :  One of the best guide's ive ever seen! :}
keep making guide's man, also try to put them on youtube with video's etc

Big Grin Thanks

Don't expect much from me by way of video footage though.

Fraps lags up my system. (NO! I will NOT reduce my settings any further!)
This build... my gunners volley shotgun playstyle... They're pretty sensitive to hardware lag.
I mean... I felt like my aim was off in the video I posted above. I was worried when i was playing that people would call me out for having a bad aim. (They DID btw. /shrug)

I basically find that... I do better explaining the playstyle... because when I'm recording... things don't work out the same as they do in my day to day play.

This was also a notification that I revised the guide a bit.

Aller à :

X
Ajouter cette personne à votre liste d'amis
Supprimer cette personne de votre liste d'amis
/fr/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/fr/ajax/friend