Bienvenue, Visiteur !

26-05-2010, 04:43 AM | Message : #61
The-New-Guy 
(26-05-2010 04:19 AM)Velosi-T a écrit :  At least we actually have to use cover and concealment effectively instead of strolling down the middle of a street blasting everything with explosives and machine guns. Knifers actually have to get somewhat near the enemy and pick the correct time to strike (i.e. when the target's abilities are on cooldown), as opposed to the gunner strategy of "Look! A target that is several dozen yards away! *holds mouse button*".

I use a knife because I enjoy watching the computer-generated facial expressions of mindless dingbats like you as I pop out of nowhere and ruin their whole day with a sharp piece of metal.

(25-05-2010 02:04 PM)Na5k1 a écrit :  this forum really needs a limit.. Like get atleast 1 character to 20+ and if u wanna post to sum classes forum get that class to 18 atleast...

Knife is not OP at later levels. It takes planning to kill a I.E. gunner with it (must wait for his leg it to be on CD and hoe he doesn't have spidersenses

Well said, Both of you.

People need to actually PLAY on all classes before complaining about one being OP.
Personally I think this game is pretty well balenced. It's not perfect, but it probably well never be perfect anyway.

[Image: siggywip.png]

(21-02-2010 12:01 AM)ShadeShooter a écrit :  Maybe we shouldn't mention that [Cyblos] was genetically altered and made in a lab...oops did I say that out loud?
(Ce message a été modifié le : 26-05-2010 04:44 AM par The-New-Guy.)
Trouver tous les messages de cet utilisateur
Citer ce message dans une réponse
26-05-2010, 04:45 AM | Message : #62
SN0CONE 
If the knife didn't do that much damage, the commando would be underpowered.

Sign up for The Forest of Heroes The Role-Playing Game for the Battlefield Heroes Forums! !
26-05-2010, 06:08 PM | Message : #63
satarecah 
(23-05-2010 12:54 PM)MrGigaberos a écrit :  well i think taht the "super/uber knife" is REALY owerpowered.....it takes just 2 hit with it and a gunner dies :/

This is why it costs money im really getting sick of everyone complaining about it dose more dmg and has a greater range because you PAY FOR IT if it gets nerfed ill started complaining about uber weapons for the gunner and solider saying they are too over power'd

"Keep Your Knife Close; Keeps Your Enemies Even Closer"
[Image: 2]
26-05-2010, 06:23 PM | Message : #64
keuien 
(26-05-2010 06:08 PM)satarecah a écrit :  
(23-05-2010 12:54 PM)MrGigaberos a écrit :  well i think taht the "super/uber knife" is REALY owerpowered.....it takes just 2 hit with it and a gunner dies :/

This is why it costs money im really getting sick of everyone complaining about it dose more dmg and has a greater range because you PAY FOR IT if it gets nerfed ill started complaining about uber weapons for the gunner and solider saying they are too over power'd

agreed the only thing the uber/super knife really does is more range but for max dmg you still need to be at point black if they nerf the range then im quit this game forever mostly bcuz it aint uber anymore then it is a overpriced default weapon

[Image: sigcopys.png]
26-05-2010, 06:25 PM | Message : #65
satarecah 
(26-05-2010 06:23 PM)keuien a écrit :  

agreed the only thing the uber/super knife really does is more range but for max dmg you still need to be at point black if they nerf the range then im quit this game forever mostly bcuz it aint uber anymore then it is a overpriced default weapon

Oh i won't quit EA has dealt with me over the phone before I will throw a unholy b*tch fit in the HQ in California in the BFH division and i will get other players to join too then we will see if they can nerf us in real life too -.-

(Ce message a été modifié le : 26-05-2010 06:26 PM par satarecah.)
26-05-2010, 06:49 PM | Message : #66
Tur1smo 

So what now, people that don't spend money on crap should leave game ?

It should give some kind of boost but at the same time it should decrease the other thing. Like longer time between hits. Now it's just pure OPness, not much skill you need to use uber knife while u will need a lot to use default.
26-05-2010, 07:29 PM | Message : #67
1slaystation1 
Knife is OP but knifer is UP -> balanced

[Image: 308cq6t.png]
Xfire: 1slaystation1 |Youtube: 1slaystation1
26-05-2010, 09:26 PM | Message : #68
Beanzlol 
(23-05-2010 12:33 PM)takbonezftw a écrit :  the title says it all the knife is to OP when I shoot sumbody point blank but they kill me with a knife WHAT THE duck is that?

Lol everyone in this thread just got trolled. QQ

[Image: 3]
27-05-2010, 03:29 PM | Message : #69
satarecah 
(26-05-2010 06:49 PM)Tur1smo a écrit :  

So what now, people that don't spend money on crap should leave game ?

It should give some kind of boost but at the same time it should decrease the other thing. Like longer time between hits. Now it's just pure OPness, not much skill you need to use uber knife while u will need a lot to use default.

No it just means you need more skill to use the default weps is all and i still use the default knife same reason solid snail uses it lol...

28-05-2010, 04:19 AM | Message : #70
Velosi-T 
(27-05-2010 03:29 PM)satarecah a écrit :  No it just means you need more skill to use the default weps is all and i still use the default knife same reason solid snail uses it lol...

My defense for using the uber knife is that I want every advantage I can get. I need it to counter the 5/5 Blasting Strike or the dreaded Super Cheeser.

In any case, those who don't like the uber knife should grow some skill and then come complain. I listen to people who have, say, leveled past Level 15 or were in the closed beta.

28-05-2010, 04:48 AM | Message : #71
Transairion 
Citation :In any case, those who don't like the uber knife should grow some skill and then come complain. I listen to people who have, say, leveled past Level 15 or were in the closed beta.

So apart from the extreme discrimination you hold against 'noobs', you assume everyone even HAS those abilities/weapons you need to counter? The vast majority, I'm sure, wouldn't... just like a whole lot won't even have Battlefunds (this is advertised as a FREE game, after all...)

The Super/Uber knife are most definatly overpowered. Especially their range. I'm moving around like a nutcase while a knifer, who is several metres away visually slashes at me, and I'm still taking damage. Yet his knife is... tiny, and it has the range of a sword?! A several metres long sword, apparently...

Combine that with the 'Poisoned Blade' ability, I believe, and the fact most knifes stealth then stab you in the back, and that's incredibly overpowered. If you don't have Leg It, or Blasting Strike, you're screwed. The majority of players, especially ones that haven't been playing for years on end aren't going to have them, or at a high level.

This results in the usual "BF user slaughtering non-BF user 'noobs'", which generally occurs on any server when the BF-spender comes on. Especially in the case where the BF user is at the tip of the level-limit, stuck with 'noobs' at the bottom who have far, far less abilities to counter available. It's not fun to get stabbed once in the back, whirl about shooting madly, chipping away at their health (and achieving little, especially with default weapons) while the mad knifer swings his knife around with a seemingly massive range, and kills you in a matter of seconds.

So yeah, range should go down or it should actually look like it has the range it does.
28-05-2010, 03:38 PM | Message : #72
satarecah 
OMG ALL THE UBER WEAPONS ARE OVER POWER'D THATS THE POINT THATS WHY YOU PAY FOR IT OMG USE YOUR HEAD PLEASE! DON'T JUST POINT OUT ONE WEAPON THEY NERF THE KNIFE THEY HAVE TO NERF EVERYTHING ELSE THINK BEFORE YOU POST PLEASE. sorry for the caps but thats prolly the only way they will get it.....

28-05-2010, 03:54 PM | Message : #73
Mobarius 
I Left this game 7 month ago, they are complaining the same ******** now like they did last year...wtf nothing changed???
(maybe I gonna play again...)

Forum rules!
Search!
Punkbusted?
28-05-2010, 03:58 PM | Message : #74
LuckyOne 
Kinife is not OP! LAG is OP! Wink Tongue

[Image: fh2_2.45_release.jpg]
(Ce message a été modifié le : 28-05-2010 03:59 PM par LuckyOne.)
28-05-2010, 04:06 PM | Message : #75
Drugie 
(28-05-2010 04:48 AM)Transairion a écrit :  while a knifer, who is several metres away visually slashes at me, and I'm still taking damage

Yeah, from that range the knife would do... say... 10 damage max a hit? So that's 15 hits for a gunner and 11 hits for a soldier. Im pretty sure you would have done 80 damage to him with your cheeser/shotgun by then.

(28-05-2010 04:48 AM)Transairion a écrit :  Combine that with the "Poisoned Blade" ability

Poisoned blade is ****, end of argument. It lights the knifer up like a christmas tree as soon as they use it, so maybe if you want to stop being killed by PB knifers then you should stop walking around on your own, get BS/Leg-it (depending on your class) and see just how OP knifers are then.

(06-06-2012 02:32 PM)The_WUUSTER a écrit :  Then I'm putting it in.

What happens in BF:H stays in BF:H

28-05-2010, 05:31 PM | Message : #76
satarecah 
(28-05-2010 04:06 PM)Drugie a écrit :  
(28-05-2010 04:48 AM)Transairion a écrit :  while a knifer, who is several metres away visually slashes at me, and I'm still taking damage

Yeah, from that range the knife would do... say... 10 damage max a hit? So that's 15 hits for a gunner and 11 hits for a soldier. Im pretty sure you would have done 80 damage to him with your cheeser/shotgun by then.

(28-05-2010 04:48 AM)Transairion a écrit :  Combine that with the "Poisoned Blade" ability

Poisoned blade is ****, end of argument. It lights the knifer up like a christmas tree as soon as they use it, so maybe if you want to stop being killed by PB knifers then you should stop walking around on your own, get BS/Leg-it (depending on your class) and see just how OP knifers are then.

Thank god a royal agrees with me...

28-05-2010, 09:23 PM | Message : #77
Kaffehest 
Lol if you're a soldier and u rush into close combat with a knifer..
28-05-2010, 11:54 PM | Message : #78
Velosi-T 
(28-05-2010 04:06 PM)Drugie a écrit :  if you want to stop being killed by PB knifers then you should stop walking around on your own, get BS/Leg-it (depending on your class) and see just how OP knifers are then.

And THIS, Captain Dumbass, is what I meant by "grow some skill". You should know better than to wander off by yourself. And if you happen to like that playstyle, then get the right abilities (again, get the skill needed to realize that you need BS in order to walk around by yourself).

Don't start complaining about the increased range of a KNIFE when you have weapons that can reach out and touch someone from 50 yards. Knifers do their business at extreme close range, and having a little bit (we're talking 1 meter here) extra range is not overpowered, it is smart.

29-05-2010, 04:31 AM | Message : #79
Transairion 
Citation :Yeah, from that range the knife would do... say... 10 damage max a hit? So that's 15 hits for a gunner and 11 hits for a soldier. Im pretty sure you would have done 80 damage to him with your cheeser/shotgun by then.

Er, no. At least in the 15-19 level of damage per hit, and from a range that doesn't even appear like he should be able to hit me as well. That's the issue. If it was exceedingly low damage from that far, they'd be no issue, since I'd easily kill him first.

Also, Cheeser has to be bought/rented, while shotgun has to be switched to. That takes time, better time could be spent shooting and hopefully not dying. By the time it's pulled out you're likely already stabbed to death.

Citation :Poisoned blade is ****, end of argument. It lights the knifer up like a christmas tree as soon as they use it, so maybe if you want to stop being killed by PB knifers then you should stop walking around on your own, get BS/Leg-it (depending on your class) and see just how OP knifers are then.

"Lighting up" the knife is a of pointless arguement, given you come out of stealth to knife anyway, and you have to wait for that to recharge (PB also earns you a kill if you get them like, 2-3 times and die, meaning they've not no health to counter PB effects with). Also, 75% of players are 'on their own', and not everyone uses BS/Leg it, or even HAS the points. Most of my uber-knife deaths have been from knifers like 10, almost 20 ranks higher than me, while I'm somewhere between rank 5 and 10.

At that point, Combat Medicine is a must-fill for Soliders anyway, with Leg It usually secondary to Frenzy Fire anyway.

Citation :And THIS, Captain Dumbass, is what I meant by "grow some skill". You should know better than to wander off by yourself. And if you happen to like that playstyle, then get the right abilities (again, get the skill needed to realize that you need BS in order to walk around by yourself).

Hahaha, funny that. The biggest noobs I've ever countered ARE those that 'don't wander off', the whole team basically runs around in a big cowardly group, spamming Combat Medicine into each other and basically unloading 8-different weapons into 1 or 2 players at a time. You don't need any skills to take down someone who multiple allies are ALSO shooting at the same time.

And I'm speaking from my level, which is in the 10-12's (which means, you can basically only max out 1 abilities, or have terrible low-level abilites), given unlike I'm sure the rest of you, I haven't been playing for several years, only a few weeks/a month. There's nothing more irritating to me than finding a knifer, fleeing from him, unloading many, many, MANY rounds into him just for his magic-knife to still reach me even when there's a good distance between us. Like, several players-worth of distance. Point blank, I wouldn't care. At a distance WHILE I'm shooting them so much, yes then I care.
29-05-2010, 11:41 AM | Message : #80
Drugie 
(29-05-2010 04:31 AM)Transairion a écrit :  Also, Cheeser has to be bought/rented

Oh no! Not 150VP! Nobody must be able to spare that when you get 100 per level up, 75 for a daily mission and plenty more from other mission in the day. Not to mention the ones you get just by playing

Citation :"Lighting up" the knifer is a of pointless arguement,

If you learned to use the face cam well, or actually looked around every now and again, or even had someone watching your back, then you would see a huge green pop up above the knifer's head before he even hits you/ Sorry, but that seems to be a bit of a give-away to me. PB is just a really **** version of BB, which you have to be point blank, or near enough, to use and will probably die just to get 1 kill.

Citation : The biggest noobs I've ever countered ARE those that 'don't wander off', the whole team basically runs around in a big cowardly group

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but does that mean you are referring to some of the best players in the game as noobs? Because that's what happens in clan wars, the whole team (or close enough) runs around together so they can't be killed as easy and can actually make use of their group abilities. If your to unorganized to be a able to get with a few players and stick with them, don't take it out on those that can. It may be cowardly, but do they win? Yes. And do they die that often? No.

Big groups > Knifers.

(06-06-2012 02:32 PM)The_WUUSTER a écrit :  Then I'm putting it in.

What happens in BF:H stays in BF:H

(Ce message a été modifié le : 29-05-2010 11:42 AM par Drugie.)

Aller à :

X
Ajouter cette personne à votre liste d'amis
Supprimer cette personne de votre liste d'amis
/fr/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/fr/ajax/friend