Hello There, Guest!

03-12-2009, 12:32 AM | Post: #1
Provi 
Edit: Not sure how this old thread got resurrected but please take notice that the VP issue is exactly that - another issue (which is addressed in the suggestion portal).

This topic is part of a larger discussion.

Here's the gist of it:

Standard weapons generally have an accuracy advantage over Super/Uber weapons.

Super/Uber weapons generally have a damage output advantage over regular weapons.

Also, Standard weapons can be buffed in many other aspects . . .

Both types of weapons are equal in damage potential. It's up to the gameplay style of each player to choose which advantage suits them best.

Why this solution?

1 - The developers invested time in designing the weapons and many players have bought them, so removing them from the game would bring up many unnecessary issues.

2 - Making both types of weapons equal in damage potential means that Regular and Stylish weapons are still just as valuable and potent as the Super/Uber weapons.

3 - Regular and Stylish weapons will also help train new players to aim carefully and strategically while maintaining their usual damage output.

4 - Keeping the theme intact: Super/Uber weapons look more deadly but older at the same time. Consequently, they are generally less accurate.

5 - Increase revenue: Yes it's true! If all weapons including defaults have Stylish counterparts and each weapon has advantages, more players will buy unlimited versions of their favorite weapons - not just Supers and Ubers.

Why spend more money on Super/Uber weapons then?

1 - They're still new and unique at the moment, but their prices should eventually fall to the Stylish weapons range.

2 - Experienced players who have developed steadier hands for better aim can balance out the slight accuracy disadvantage and if they feel strongly about their preference, and they won't mind spending some Battlefunds or the dropped Valor Point price.

This proposal needs your involvement to be improved! Tell us what you think works and what doesn't below!

Update:

Another solution for past buyers could be discounts for regular buyers or past customers of similar items.
Example: Discounts on Super/Uber weapons for players who bought Stylish/Default weapons unlimited before.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2010 02:19 PM by Provi.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2009, 12:39 AM | Post: #2
A1rPun 
Man, you are the best!

/kingsign

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 12:40 AM by A1rPun.)
03-12-2009, 12:41 AM | Post: #3
CyrusPI 
That's a clever idea, especially with you playing along with the old look of the new Uber/Super weapons and them being less accurate.

/signed.

[Image: tumblr_lzquiipeO51qe7rwy.gif]
The name is Sherlock Holmes, and I'm the real
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 12:45 AM by CyrusPI.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2009, 12:42 AM | Post: #4
Murderah 
/signed Exclamation
03-12-2009, 12:42 AM | Post: #5
Kelsonar 
/signed

New Signature coming Soon™...

(24-06-2010 07:00 AM)M1k3ol Wrote:  BTW, it is allowed to kick people for t-bagging, since it's against ToS do to it's "sexual" connotation, so, don't get surprised if you t-bag someone and suddenly get kicked from a server

03-12-2009, 12:50 AM | Post: #6
Malibu-T 
I could live with that compromise for the new weapons.
/signed

Now you just need to solve the Widget problem. Big Grin

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the toughest challenge of all.... getting anyone at EA to give a $hit

[Image: 1]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 12:52 AM by Malibu-T.)
03-12-2009, 12:52 AM | Post: #7
Steamroll 
tier 2 weapons are meant to be upgrade. not another version of the tier 1 ones.

[Image: sigcopye.png]

Sig made by Astro
03-12-2009, 12:53 AM | Post: #8
MassiveImpulsa
/Signeeedddd!

(03-12-2009 12:52 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  tier 2 weapons are meant to be upgrade. not another version of the tier 1 ones.

Your inexperience in this game, makes any comment you make invalid. (DICE FANBOOY Sad)
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 12:54 AM by MassiveImpulsa.)
03-12-2009, 12:55 AM | Post: #9
luckyaces 
well they will never remove them from the game Tongue 1 because they legally can't remove a purchased item from the customer without a complete 100% refund if the customer agrees, and 2 they just wouldnt do it Tongue

but! i would like to see some kind of disadvantage to the new weapons! which i'm yet to see any Sad

[Image: vietnamsig.png]
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM | Post: #10
Provi 
(03-12-2009 12:52 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  tier 2 weapons are meant to be upgrade. not another version of the tier 1 ones.

I understand. Unfortunately, many of us find tiered weapons incompatible with this game at the moment if they involve high Valor Point or Battlefund prices.

03-12-2009, 12:56 AM | Post: #11
luckyaces 
oh and its Jist not gist Tongue i believe Big Grin although i think both terms are used, ignore me lol Tongue

[Image: vietnamsig.png] (This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 12:57 AM by luckyaces.)
03-12-2009, 12:57 AM | Post: #12
Steamroll 
(03-12-2009 12:53 AM)MassiveImpulsa Wrote:  /Signeeedddd!

Your inexperience in this game, makes any comment you make invalid. (DICE FANBOOY Sad)

It's FANBOI.

(03-12-2009 12:55 AM)luckyaces Wrote:  well they will never remove them from the game Tongue 1 because they legally can't remove a purchased item from the customer without a complete 100% refund if the customer agrees, and 2 they just wouldnt do it Tongue

but! i would like to see some kind of disadvantage to the new weapons! which i'm yet to see any Sad

it's obvious tier 2 weapons dont get disadvantage... Tier 2 > Tier 1. That's how it goes in every game. a better Tier is always an upgrade.

(03-12-2009 12:56 AM)Provi Wrote:  

I understand. Unfortunately, many of us find tiered weapons incompatible with this game at the moment if they involve high Valor Point or Battlefund prices.

Then go and Grab a 5euro/dollar BF pack. And get yourself a a t2 gun for unlimited. as i see you can buy BF since you have some of those items already. But Crying is so much comfortable then supporting a game you enjoy.

Sig made by Astro
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 01:00 AM by Steamroll.)
03-12-2009, 12:57 AM | Post: #13
daXtari 
The only "fix" they have to make is stopping the obvious in game advantage for paying customers.

Yes, I know: I don't have a sig.
Wel ... WRONG! .... actually, this is it, so I do have one!
Happy?
03-12-2009, 12:57 AM | Post: #14
Freeze-18 

So there's basically no point in the older weapons once you hit level 10?

Wow, guess that sucks if you bought those shiny weapons.

Smile
03-12-2009, 12:59 AM | Post: #15
RaSTaFuRia 
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/static/...iggrin.gif

03-12-2009, 01:00 AM | Post: #16
Provi 
(03-12-2009 12:56 AM)luckyaces Wrote:  oh and its Jist not gist Tongue i believe Big Grin although i think both terms are used, ignore me lol Tongue

Haha. I forgot myself but I made the change anyway, thanks.

03-12-2009, 01:02 AM | Post: #17
Steamroll 
(03-12-2009 12:57 AM)Freeze-18 Wrote:  

So there's basically no point in the older weapons once you hit level 10?

Wow, guess that sucks if you bought those shiny weapons.

i have all the shiny weapons which are released for Commando/Gunner. And i bought the t2 knife/LMG as soon as they released them.

But yes. Tier 1 weapon = 1-10 ; Tier 2 weapon = 10-30.

Sig made by Astro
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 01:03 AM by Steamroll.)
03-12-2009, 01:03 AM | Post: #18
Superllama 
/sign, BUT ON ONE CONDITION! Tier 2 weapons SHOULD be stronger and should be more accurate because it's an upgraded version. It even has a higher level requirement; but I don't really care right now because the prices are sooo messed up. If this lowers the VP costs, then I AM IN!

[Image: 3]
03-12-2009, 01:05 AM | Post: #19
Flockh 
The main problem isnt the Uber weapons, it is that EVERY weapon costs $$$. Balancing the uber vs the basic weapons doesnt help since both cost money and if you want to spend money you can just buy the uber version anyway...

[Image: eafailed.png]
03-12-2009, 01:06 AM | Post: #20
Malibu-T 
(03-12-2009 01:02 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  i have all the shiny weapons which are released for Commando/Gunner. And i bought the t2 knife/LMG as soon as they released them.
And you probably have wallhack and aimbot loaded on your machine too since you obviously don't mind purchasing an advantage. Buying the vanity items was supporting the game. Renting servers was supporting the game. Buying advantage weapons/widgets is just buying yourself an unfair advantage.