Hello There, Guest!

17-01-2010, 02:46 AM | Post: #5101
Esrou 
Because of the VP changes, things like this...
[Image: e9960061aeb28bdefae16789a29a0af5e46c2cc4.jpg]

and this...
[Image: e8d29f40d1d0bbfb8762249e97e2853de77cbbd4.jpg]

...are happening much less frequently since I take to heart that this game should have no payed advantages.

I've just decided to stop playing this game a few months ago because of the VP changes. I checked back here to see if BFH got their act together, and after seeing this post:

(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  We encourage you guys to continue to give us feedback, but we have no plans whatsoever to return to the old VP/BF pricing.

I just gave up on this game.
Find all posts by this user
17-01-2010, 02:58 AM | Post: #5102
KingOFwar_3rd 
I cannot afford anything 3 hours = 100 VP win or lose... just enough to buy 10 bandages
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i give up i just gonna play other FPS

ADD me xfire: Nothing2say94 if u play wolfteam

[Image: eg5veu.png]

[Image: ssssr.png]
17-01-2010, 03:14 AM | Post: #5103
Atrocious 
(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  the Heroes team are actually not part of DICE.

It all makes sense. I mean, coming from EA, the only developers I would give any credibility are DICE and BioWare.

Edit: Just browsing around, and I found it ironic that EA is kind of in a downhill spiral in terms of business. The average Joe can see the reason for that. EA needs some gallons of introspection.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2010 03:18 AM by Atrocious.)
17-01-2010, 06:51 AM | Post: #5104
TheSpacePirate 
(17-01-2010 02:46 AM)Esrou Wrote:  I've just decided to stop playing this game a few months ago because of the VP changes. I checked back here to see if BFH got their act together, and after seeing this post:

(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  We encourage you guys to continue to give us feedback, but we have no plans whatsoever to return to the old VP/BF pricing.

I just gave up on this game.

I don't know why anyone would continue playing after seeing that. Ben wants us to give him feedback, yet he pretty much said he's not going to listen to it.

[Image: Nerd_Rage%21.png]
17-01-2010, 05:00 PM | Post: #5105
black0ps2 
(15-01-2010 12:48 AM)XxpaperplaneXx Wrote:  ... Tongue ur loss btw exteel is way better then this Tongue atleast they listen to there community u money whores...

No it's not, they don't listen to us either, they haven't even given us a patch in more than year because they can't figure out how to fix it, plus the game depends from Korea, since there is no developer team in US; and the community sucks (laggers, stackers, hackers, etc...). Exteel was an epic game, but now it sucks compared to how it was.

(15-01-2010 12:54 AM)Bauzi Wrote:  So Ben and his unit are no part of Bad Company 2? Well at least that's good news for me...

Agree! Rolleyes

Also:
(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  ...Contrary to popular knowledge, the Heroes team are actually not part of DICE. We are in the same building in Stockholm as DICE and EA Nordic publishing, but the Battlefield Heroes and Battleforge games are not part of DICE. We are part of a separate 'business unit', run by me as General Manager...

To people that keep saying BFH = DICE
17-01-2010, 07:05 PM | Post: #5106
TooMuchSky 
Alright, close the bloody thread already. There is no point arguing with someone who believes that the best course of action is putting up a 30"+ LCD displaying sales figures instead of spending a few hours per month actually listening and replying to customer's criticism.

Now, one might argue that I never actually was a customer (other than ad impresisons I helped sell), and I count myself lucky because had I bought that outfit in late November like I had planned to, boy would I be pissed off right now. On the other hand, you've made damn sure that you never will count me among your customers.

I'm not stupid.
18-01-2010, 01:09 AM | Post: #5107
VonClausewitz 
Omg 256 pages.... largest thread ever in this forum

[Image: resizedhairmetalvc.jpg]
Nationals rock.
18-01-2010, 05:05 AM | Post: #5108
XaviCreus 
(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  ...we have no plans whatsoever to return to the old VP/BF pricing.

This is why people hack/cheat.
18-01-2010, 09:57 AM | Post: #5109
Iros 
(17-01-2010 02:11 AM)DocPhantom Wrote:  
(15-01-2010 04:57 PM)Biomehanika Wrote:  I stopped play after the updates and I really do not think I start over, I don't like the setting of this game and the policy that was adopted .. So I leave you my greetings

Farewell all, after that reply from Ben Cousins I now know I was right. I have lost all respect and faith in EA, their honesty and their integrity; and will never pay them another red cent for any product in any manor.

Yeap, I won't buy any EA products anymore either. Enough tripple A titles out there that beat their games anyway. So this just makes the choice easier. Crysis 2 (if ever) will just be a download for me and my friends =). No support for this company anymore.

[Image: 1]
18-01-2010, 01:31 PM | Post: #5110
kisiel 
since the price changes the game is not that fun as it used to be because nobody (except some bf buyers) uses emotes like "thanks", "enemy sighted" etc. ; nobody buys vp clothes, so there are hordes of players walking around in those standard beggar clothes. all because they have to spend most/all their vp points on weapon(s). this "free to play" bs is just a theory - well, you can join a game for free, yes, and get slaughtered by players using anything better than standard weapons. to have fun out of the game, to have any chances of survival, you have to pay, and thats pretty sad. EA say: "oh yeah, lots of you guys have like thousands of vp points so the prices should be that high" - i myself have those "thousands" of vp points, but if i wanted to buy a standard set of weapons (2 of them), just a piece of clothing and one emote, and all this only for one hero, i would use up all my vps in a single month. then what?
currently the vps are worthless to me as i cant buy much for them, and i also cant get rid of the feeling that vp points are now supposed to allow players buy cool stuff just for a moment and make them like the stuff, so they will buy it permanently for BFs.
EA, your arguments for changing the prices didnt convince me, i simply feel cheated

[Image: bfhsig3.png]
18-01-2010, 02:27 PM | Post: #5111
Drolix 
I think the widget prices increase is just fine , it gave the gameplay a better shape, because widgets were used way too much before , and the new price discourage people to keep and repair the same tank forever, there's more tank turnover which is good.
Same goes for bandage , campers cannot stay forever at the same spots Wink

The price of weapons is now way too high (especially uber/super) to allow people saying BF do not give ingame advantage.

However by spending 10 bucks in BattleFunds , you can get 3 heroes with pretty good set up:
Soldier get SR smg , Gunner get tank buster and SR mg (or LR if you prefer) , commando a LR sniper ... this let an uber weapon to choose (my preference goes for uber knife, the only one that significantly improve the damage output) and eventually a cheap piece of clothing for permanent duration.

After that , you can use your VP in rest of clothing you want and widgets, that should be sufficient.

So I also don't consider BFH a fully free game the who is playing a lot , getting to high level games and so on.

But until level 10 playing without paying is just fine, and thus for 4 heroes which represent ~40 hours of FUN.
After 40 hours of gaming on a pretty good game, I don't think giving 10 bucks to Devs to continue high level gaming is a real matter.

(This post was last modified: 18-01-2010 02:44 PM by Drolix.)
18-01-2010, 03:35 PM | Post: #5112
Lt.Astrophil 
(18-01-2010 02:27 PM)Drolix Wrote:  I think the widget prices increase is just fine , it gave the gameplay a better shape, because widgets were used way too much before , and the new price discourage people to keep and repair the same tank forever, there's more tank turnover which is good.
Same goes for bandage , campers cannot stay forever at the same spots Wink

I agree, that is the only thing that got better, besides that (at least I have the impression) less cheaters are underway. But these are the 2 single things that are better...

BUT amongst other things there are the bugs...for instance the old RPG bug, which isnt fixed yet! Or the double GS/BS bug... very annoying!

(This post was last modified: 18-01-2010 03:36 PM by Lt.Astrophil.)
18-01-2010, 03:47 PM | Post: #5113
SaitamaBro 
I also quit around 3 months ago already, was planning on playing again some time until the VP/BF changes occured. A few days ago I decided to check it out though, played a few rounds and noticed that the game is rather messed up, either you have a awesome team with people who bought Guns and you win with 40-0~ or you have a team where no one has a bought gun and you lose with 40-0.. This is my experience from around 25 games. A other thing I was wondering about is that that they claimed they had 3 million players, but when I look for a server I end up getting the same server a few times or I see the same players alot. I prefer both map types in options and my ELO is decent enough to supposedly get lots of opponents. But how come that stuff happens then? Either way what I'm saying is I find it hard to believe you actually have 3 million players. Oh and I decided I'll play a bit every once in a while, just to own people who spend money on this game with my shitty basic gears yohoho~

Edit. Would EA really admit it if the player count was dropping rapdily? I mean that's like admitting things are going the wrong way. Which would have the effect of even more players leaving or not starting. Ah well, I'm out~
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2010 03:52 PM by SaitamaBro.)
18-01-2010, 05:34 PM | Post: #5114
Gromrek
Maybe it's 3 million registered players, but only a fraction of them actually play, so I understand it that is.

The rate change is really in the ass. And when will come the Uber Uber Weapons are being true even more stupid.
18-01-2010, 05:37 PM | Post: #5115
FullStrikeZ 
right, rthe game isn't fun anymore if you don't buy Bf so i think the prices in VP are so expensive that you often don't think that you need them.

[Image: kSR2dXkT9S.png]

modde Wrote:Dank dir vielmals. Auch für dein Support im Forum. Super! Wink

Players-Environment Official
18-01-2010, 05:38 PM | Post: #5116
Lt.Astrophil 
(18-01-2010 03:47 PM)JoeriSama Wrote:  A other thing I was wondering about is that that they claimed they had 3 million players, but when I look for a server I end up getting the same server a few times or I see the same players alot. I prefer both map types in options and my ELO is decent enough to supposedly get lots of opponents. But how come that stuff happens then? Either way what I'm saying is I find it hard to believe you actually have 3 million players.

The calculation is easy. They count all accounts that were created after a certain date, which I cant recall atm, so they also count accounts, which actually are probably not in use anymore.

You seem to have no players or the same in a game, because matchmaking isnt made through ELO anymore (at least not the whole). Instead Matchmaking now functions (it used to not work at all if you remember) through your lvl. So you join servers, where ppl with about the same lvl as you are playing. That means, if in your area where you live, not many ppl within the same lvl range are playing in the moment your joining, the server will not be that crowded. Or you experience that you often see the same gamers, beause if they play through matchmaking they are of course on the same server as you, because they live in your region and are in the same lvl range.

18-01-2010, 06:10 PM | Post: #5117
PCGamer! 
BenCousins Wrote: ...we have no plans whatsoever to return to the old VP/BF pricing.

This is why people hack/cheat.

[Image: 1]

[Image: 7]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Online Shooter
18-01-2010, 07:02 PM | Post: #5118
=Slater=
So the word is that tier 2 weapons are coming out, if that happens there isnt much option for freeloaders...eather cheat or quit playing...and Im afraid I will have to quit...Dont get me wrong I would love to support the game but I dont have any credit card they accept or paypal...
so im afraid im limited to waiting to sms payment to come to my country...
18-01-2010, 09:28 PM | Post: #5119
Naruub 
Bumpzz

[Image: 5]
19-01-2010, 10:10 PM | Post: #5120
SpaceCakeNL 
Do you really think EA is going to change a thing xd nahh this game is dead meta

[Image: badcompanyo.png]