Hello There, Guest!

14-01-2010, 06:16 PM | Post: #5081
Pente.PT 
I don't know if it's my eyes but i see a line going down and down and down. I quit playing this over a month, i have been in Combat Arms Europe and the game rocks (a FREE game),and just before the update the line on xfire servers was over 5000. Today is on the 3000 and going down, i think some one is playing with Ben and the story is other than the one he believes.

http://www.xfire.com/games/bfh/Battlefield_Heroes/

I work in the area (3D Modeler) and let me say this Ben, your team did a great game, what is frustrating to all you is all the effort that you guys made to produce it is going down just because the line of orientation is money. It seems the way some governments of poor country's do, the best way to go over the situation is putting people paying. This is the easy way and you don´t need a great brain to come out with this kind of measures.
I already post this idea one time, the key to success is doing the way you started now with the pepper sponsor, let them pay to be seen.
1- Make the game free again.
2- New maps were all the environment is full of sponcer's. (Imagine you inside a Coke, Sony, etc store with grenades flying all over the place, the limit is your imagination...)
3- Open the creation process to the community. (A good editor)
4- LISTEN TO WHAT WE SAY.
Find all posts by this user
14-01-2010, 06:18 PM | Post: #5082
YoomOmer 
(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  
(14-01-2010 05:06 PM)YoomOmer Wrote:  Say, what's Cousins place exactly in EA/Dice?

I guess you are referring to me. Contrary to popular knowledge, the Heroes team are actually not part of DICE. We are in the same building in Stockholm as DICE and EA Nordic publishing, but the Battlefield Heroes and Battleforge games are not part of DICE. We are part of a separate 'business unit', run by me as General Manager.

James Salt works under me as Senior Producer for Battlefield Heroes - he is the guy who runs the project. DICE are focusing on traditional disc-based games like Bad Company 2.

If you guys are looking for an updated official response from us, I can offer the following. In December there were 26% more people playing Heroes compared to November. Contrary to the opinions stated in threads like these the game did not get more unpopular following the changes. There was no mass exit from the game.

Our very successful December means we are able to hire more staff to the team which is growing fast. These new guys are going to help us increase the speed at which we add new content over the coming months. You should see some of this new content soon.

We encourage you guys to continue to give us feedback, but we have no plans whatsoever to return to the old VP/BF pricing.

Once more if any of you feel like getting in touch with me direct on this subject feel free to mail me at bcousins@ea.com

Well, that concludes that. I'll be taking my leave right now. I had a more detailed post, but it all got erased when I accidently clicked the ad on the side (YOUR ad). C'mon, at least cancel THIS.

I'll rewrite it shortly (ABP took care of the ads. Not gonna see them again. It's weird they returned though, usually when I tell the ABP to block something it remains blocked.);

a. Christmes is on December. People play more & buy more on christmes. I wouldn't trust any statistics right now.
b. I believe, and I have of course no statistic to back it up, since you're hiding them (the statistics), anyway, I believe that on the long run betraying your playerbase ain't no good idea. True, I don't have a degree as you prolly do and generally I'd say you know more about that than me, but I think that money blinded you. This update was not for the best of the game, it was for getting EA out of trouble (Well, not this game alone, but it would play a small part of it). I'd expect you to fight more with EA, but it appears you didn't.

Anyway, EA's losing money as we speak, and hell I'm sorry about all of the employees who're going to be/were fired because of Riccitelo's mistakes, and about all the games that were RUINED. Including this one.

So, off I go. I'll prolly come back to bump this topic a little more, but I'd be sad very soon, when this game'll fall.

Also, I'm disappointed with you guys not listening to all of the suggestions here. You coulda have a much better game and a much more profitable one, or as my theatre teacher would say;

"The secret to success in life is Listening"

Final point;
I may not be a lot, but I am not going to buy games done/published by EA anymore. I feel betrayed, and this isn't even the same time (Spore, FIFA, BFH). I'd have to give up the enjoyment of playing good games for ideology, or, in words of the true world - I DON'T LIKE BEING SHAT ON. THANKS.

So, goodbye.

Oh, wait, cousins, I have a question to ask you, one which you always seem to ignore when I ask (asked thrice already);

Ben, tell me the truth please; Do you, in all reason, think, sure, know, that this update was for the sake of a better game?

~Omer.

The Baron Sez; Please read the forum rules on signatures before posting a new one.
14-01-2010, 06:22 PM | Post: #5083
YoomOmer 
(14-01-2010 06:16 PM)Pente.PT Wrote:  I don't know if it's my eyes but i see a line going down and down and down. I quit playing this over a month, i have been in Combat Arms Europe and the game rocks (a FREE game),and just before the update the line on xfire servers was over 5000. Today is on the 3000 and going down, i think some one is playing with Ben and the story is other than the one he believes.

http://www.xfire.com/games/bfh/Battlefield_Heroes/

I work in the area (3D Modeler) and let me say this Ben, your team did a great game, what is frustrating to all you is all the effort that you guys made to produce it is going down just because the line of orientation is money. It seems the way some governments of poor country's do, the best way to go over the situation is putting people paying. This is the easy way and you don´t need a great brain to come out with this kind of measures.
I already post this idea one time, the key to success is doing the way you started now with the pepper sponsor, let them pay to be seen.
1- Make the game free again.
2- New maps were all the environment is full of sponcer's. (Imagine you inside a Coke, Sony, etc store with grenades flying all over the place, the limit is your imagination...)
3- Open the creation process to the community. (A good editor)
4- LISTEN TO WHAT WE SAY.

Hm. I almost forgot.

Cousins, look at that post up there. It sounds naive and childish, doesn't it?

It isn't. This idea, besides being great, would allow you to reach higher profits than ever. Also, his point 4 is a must. When you disconnect from your community, your game stops being art, and starts being a money-machine. And that's a no.

The Baron Sez; Please read the forum rules on signatures before posting a new one.
14-01-2010, 06:46 PM | Post: #5084
kukfy1 
STUPID PRICES!!!!!!!!!!

Who made those insane prices!!! ROOOOOORRR!!!!

EA is insane sometimes...

350vp for ONE DAY!!!!

crazy... Sad
14-01-2010, 07:04 PM | Post: #5085
black0ps2 
(14-01-2010 05:06 PM)YoomOmer Wrote:  Say, what's Cousins place exactly in EA/Dice?

I guess you are referring to me. Contrary to popular knowledge, the Heroes team are actually not part of DICE. We are in the same building in Stockholm as DICE and EA Nordic publishing, but the Battlefield Heroes and Battleforge games are not part of DICE. We are part of a separate 'business unit', run by me as General Manager.

James Salt works under me as Senior Producer for Battlefield Heroes - he is the guy who runs the project. DICE are focusing on traditional disc-based games like Bad Company 2.

If you guys are looking for an updated official response from us, I can offer the following. In December there were 26% more people playing Heroes compared to November. Contrary to the opinions stated in threads like these the game did not get more unpopular following the changes. There was no mass exit from the game.

Our very successful December means we are able to hire more staff to the team which is growing fast. These new guys are going to help us increase the speed at which we add new content over the coming months. You should see some of this new content soon.

We encourage you guys to continue to give us feedback, but we have no plans whatsoever to return to the old VP/BF pricing.

Once more if any of you feel like getting in touch with me direct on this subject feel free to mail me at bcousins@ea.com

All we needed to know, I think the thread should had been closed after this post, gg.

Go DICE, go BC2!! <3

[Image: 1]
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2010 10:04 PM by black0ps2.)
14-01-2010, 07:11 PM | Post: #5086
Moke 
(14-01-2010 07:04 PM)black0ps2 Wrote:  

All we needed to know, I think the thread should had been closed after this post, gg.

Go DICE, go BC2!! <3

yeah.. you can close this now Undecided
14-01-2010, 07:19 PM | Post: #5087
ErikLeet 
(11-01-2010 05:43 AM)caveman2006 Wrote:  
(10-01-2010 04:11 PM)ErikLeet Wrote:  They will never change the prices back, pay or duck off. Just pay CoD MW2 or something. =P

And how do you know if there will or will not be any changes?
/Fail

Also this is good bye.I waited too long,time to bail.
Going to buy Team Fortress 2. Smile

Trust me, I know how EA and Dice works.

[Image: ErikLeetsig.png]

By SneakyChips
- Cheers ^^,
14-01-2010, 11:47 PM | Post: #5088
caveman2006 
(14-01-2010 07:19 PM)ErikLeet Wrote:  
(11-01-2010 05:43 AM)caveman2006 Wrote:  
(10-01-2010 04:11 PM)ErikLeet Wrote:  They will never change the prices back, pay or duck off. Just pay CoD MW2 or something. =P

And how do you know if there will or will not be any changes?
/Fail

Also this is good bye.I waited too long,time to bail.
Going to buy Team Fortress 2. Smile

Trust me, I know how EA and Dice works.

BenCousins Wrote: Wrote:
YoomOmer Wrote: Wrote:Say, what's Cousins place exactly in EA/Dice?

Guess you was right Confused. Apologies.

15-01-2010, 12:48 AM | Post: #5089
XxpaperplaneXx 
well i have gotten most of my school into this game i think like 100 students and like 45 teachers to but we all pulling out of here ima stick around to see wat happens and my cousin use to buy bf alot but he stoped after the vp and bf changes Tongue ur loss btw exteel is way better then this Tongue atleast they listen to there community u money whores ( ben ty for ur help on creating a awesome game tht ea/dice had to **** up............................ to all my friends i will play but not like i use to T-T )

i hope this doesnt happen to any other game

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=bcf2fe4c739123...9690d6d05a]
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2010 12:50 AM by XxpaperplaneXx.)
15-01-2010, 12:54 AM | Post: #5090
Bauzi 
So Ben and his unit are no part of Bad Company 2? Well at least that's good news for me...

Moderator VonCyblos Edit:
Hero! This signature does not comply with the Battlefield Heroes Forum Rules. Please read the UPDATED FORUM RULES and correct your signature. You can choose to NOT have a signature, or correct it. Failure to comply with this notice, will risk actions on your account.

You're getting this message because your signature is b]either[/b] more than 250 pixel TOTAL in graphical height, OR you have MORE than two lines of additional text, OR you have inappropriate imagery OR other game related imagery OR you have links to rick rolls or un-approved websites OR non BFH website OR have more than one signature, OR you have inclusive foul language.
15-01-2010, 01:28 AM | Post: #5091
horizongaming 
255 pages, no price changes...

justice

[Image: 3]
15-01-2010, 01:57 AM | Post: #5092
Lt.Astrophil 
(14-01-2010 05:18 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  If you guys are looking for an updated official response from us, I can offer the following. In December there were 26% more people playing Heroes compared to November. Contrary to the opinions stated in threads like these the game did not get more unpopular following the changes. There was no mass exit from the game.

Thanks Mr. Cousins for that statement. Its also good that you can hire new staff to add new content. But I wouldnt believe in statistics from december. Of course was it successful, nearly everyday a new item got added, and im not even speaking of the clothes... And if this new content in the future is again some obscure pants or weapons, or weird stuff like tonics (which I think are a complete rip-off and contradict fully the term "no bought advantage") I am also going to quit playing for sure. I already thought about that earlier, but I believed I give the game another chance. But sometimes I think I shouldnt have started to play this game in the first place...

I was a BF buyer, until the update, I even pre ordered a server. I canceled it and I planned to spent no money on this game anymore. But recently I HAD TO at least buy 700 BF to stay COMPETITIVE and to have NO DISADVANTAGE, because all standard weapons are inferior to short or long range weapons, except MG for the gunner. So I was forced to spend money to even play the game normally. So I bought BF...700. But now I wont spent anything anymore. If I hadnt been forcedto spend money, I still would have been a loyal customer and would have happily spent more money in sum for clothes and xp boosts than in sum for the weapons I NEED TO PLAY NORMALLY. My 2 cents

Now I guess this thread can be closed...this statement earlier from Mr cousins and we wouldnt have an over 5000 posts thread...

(This post was last modified: 15-01-2010 02:08 AM by Lt.Astrophil.)
15-01-2010, 02:18 AM | Post: #5093
Lt.Astrophil 
(13-01-2010 06:23 PM)Znath Wrote:  You do realize for a company the size of EA 300million is pocket change?

If you had read my POST more thoroughly, you should have recognized the calculation I believe EA made. Layoffs and consolidations to save around 120 mill. $ a year but then buy a crappy (imo) firm for 300 mill. that develops FACEBOOK games. They certainly have a plan ( I hope so for them) with this, but I dont see a gain in that...

(This post was last modified: 15-01-2010 02:20 AM by Lt.Astrophil.)
15-01-2010, 11:53 AM | Post: #5094
Wascally^Wabbit 
(14-01-2010 06:16 PM)Pente.PT Wrote:  I don't know if it's my eyes but i see a line going down and down and down. I quit playing this over a month, i have been in Combat Arms Europe and the game rocks (a FREE game)

Ummm ur sadly mistaken my friend,combat arms is the exact same,you have to pay to get anywhere at a decent rate and for the more powerful weapons.

[Image: 250x900signew.png]
15-01-2010, 01:19 PM | Post: #5095
Isi 
Well atleast finally an answer, although it was short it covered the most important, prices aren't coming down no matter what.

I would be interested in seeing some more detailed statistics how the 24% increase was measured.. the holiday seasons of course has an effect and many(most?) people still had rentals on reasonably priced VP weapons and of course the unjustified IGN award will have an effect on diverting more people here on hopes of free game which they won't find here.. Of course we shouldn't forget that you published a new map, which everyone obviously wanted to see even if they had decided to quit already.

We probably won't see the real results of the update until february/march, but January should show a bit more realistic figures than december as no-one can have the old price rentals anymore and these people should be quitting.. me included. And you can't have a christmas calendar thingie skewing the figures in your favor every month. Was the 24% increase measured from months' highest online player count or total play hours anyway? I bet you'd have quite a lot people online after the publishing of the new map, so that wouldn't mean anything. And prolly after every christmas calendar day. The hours would say a bit more, but even those would say little if taken from december.

As someone asked before, do you personally honestly believe that this was the best move for the game in the long run? Trading (a very big?) portion of your faithful community (the ones who use the forum I'd say are the ones who are sincerely interested in the game) to those who don't care about the game more than wasting away few hours & bucks? The latter don't stick with a game and don't help to build a permanent player base. And the short term gain should result in long term loss.

Well I guess time will tell if dishonesty, ignorance and rudeness is really a better business model than listening, caring and respecting the customer. If so, they really teach the wrong lessons in schools.

[Image: wedontpaybutton.png]
15-01-2010, 02:06 PM | Post: #5096
PHILKILLKING 
the price update is not good, its impossible to score good with the soldiers default gun, i suggest you turn the prices back for the guns
15-01-2010, 04:57 PM | Post: #5097
Biomehanika 
I stopped play after the updates and I really do not think I start over, I don't like the setting of this game and the policy that was adopted .. So I leave you my greetings

[Image: 2]
15-01-2010, 06:35 PM | Post: #5098
Guerilla_Warfare 
(15-01-2010 01:19 PM)Isi Wrote:  Well I guess time will tell if dishonesty, ignorance and rudeness is really a better business model than listening, caring and respecting the customer. If so, they really teach the wrong lessons in schools.

^
15-01-2010, 07:40 PM | Post: #5099
Iros 
I think the point isnt even if EA will make more or less money.. Or if they should or shouldn't ask more money for this product. It's about how EA/Dice deals with it's customers. It's lightly sad rude. And I hope it will turn against them eventualy...

[Image: 1]
17-01-2010, 02:11 AM | Post: #5100
DocPhantom 
(15-01-2010 04:57 PM)Biomehanika Wrote:  I stopped play after the updates and I really do not think I start over, I don't like the setting of this game and the policy that was adopted .. So I leave you my greetings

Well, I stopped playing BFH around the second week off December. I have also stopped playing all my other EA games (of which I have a lot, I'm actually selling mine) and will never buy another one.

Farewell all, after that reply from Ben Cousins I now know I was right. I have lost all respect and faith in EA, their honesty and their integrity; and will never pay them another red cent for any product in any manor.

And for your interest, here are some of the games I have purchased from EA (but not all of them):
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Generals
Command & Conquer: Red Strike
Crysis
Diablo
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
SimCity 2000
The Sims and around 5 add ons

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/a...a6db6c75e8
Shadeshooter says image is too big, maximum height is 250 pixels
DocPhantom says Shadeshooter should Google an--retentive (This post was last modified: 17-01-2010 02:26 AM by DocPhantom.)