Hello There, Guest!

01-12-2009, 02:26 PM | Post: #41
Lt_FUBAR 
Ok, a topic for discussion... in that case I repost what i wrote earlier:

I understand this have to bring profit, I deal with it every day. But this change is wrong on soo many levels.

The first one - it's way to sudden. Cutting widgets levels 1-4, and increasing lvl 5 price at once. Changing prices of weapons, that a simple gun cost 67 times more VP. Bad decisions.

You simply can't make the changes like that. You want to make money, fine. I would spend money, but if the policy was different.

Here's some ideas to make it work, and sill get more income, and happy, though only slightly annoyed players (no outrage guarantee):

Widgets:
- first stage - cut the 1-4lvl widgets, without change in VP pricing.
- second stage - for the same price, cut the number from 25 to 10, and leave it at that. People can afford them without VP-bankruptcy, but it will be easier to just buy for BFs.

Weapons:
- first stage - delete the possibility of one month VP purchase
- second stage - change the 7 day purchase, to 3 day; leave the price of 7day. This way, the weapons will cost more VP per day, but will be still affordable. People will buy those for BFs, because it will be more convenient, to pay out front for longer period with real money, than buy them for VPs every 3 days.

I would go for those changes, would pay. No outrage, more money, same number of players and people would be still discussing how the Commando is outclassed by the Gunner.

What you want is people wanting to pay. People are generally lazy and WILL pay for convenience, but if you force them to it, they will turn on you and wont pay at all. That's like basics of economics.

Now, other thing - as there are new thing coming these days - apparently, some can change the game play style (fire pants etc.), the big picture after those 17 days, may change a bit... We don't know that, changing the whole pricing thing at the beginning was not really a wise move.
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM | Post: #42
Vicestab 
It is SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE to sustain your character in a free way. Those who cannot access/affort BFs (like me) will simply leave.

You've taken it tha hard way. What you did was incredibly unadvisable, just see how players will now leave. You should have tightened the prices a bit, but this is outrageous, and if we compare, they must have gone up like 20x!

No, our VP pot will not be able to mantain us up with weapons, much less with widgets as well. It's unplayable.

Gives us at least another type of bandage, and make it 20 uses up from 10. Also increase the weapon time from 3 days for 1 week and decrease it's price to half. Fair deal. -- There you go, now everyone will dare coming back to the garbage you have created. "Free game" rofl. We're literally pidgeholed into buying, that "free" term is just senseless. No, really.

» New matchmaking system
» Weapons/widgets pricing
» Potion/BB-proof pants
» New map called "SS"

WARNING/SPOILER: MORE INCOMING EPIC FAILS SOON.
01-12-2009, 02:28 PM | Post: #43
APTEMbI4 
Shade why do you dont make BF purchase option for Russian. Because it is the unique reason of my discontent.

[Image: 1]
01-12-2009, 02:29 PM | Post: #44
mrj880 
surely all this advertising within the game will pay for your wages?........http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/static/1/modules/forum/images/smilies/angry.gif
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM | Post: #45
JxL 
(01-12-2009 02:10 PM)xPaRaNoIAx Wrote:  I think the 7days - 1 month VP ratio was a good thing. Maybe a little at the low cost side at that time. But with the high prizes for 1-3days i am barely able to afford any of these things at the moment.

Edit: + adding only BF for Permanent (NEW) weapons would fix so much of the hate that has been created at the moment. Or anyhow a proper compromise between VP-BF.

Totally agree! But i still don't get why the new weapons are integrated as 'normal weapons'. Why not making it a bit more tactical and making these weapons bonusses or anything like that? This way dedicated players could still make more use of the super/uber's but casual players still have equal chances.

[Image: bfhsig1.png]
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM | Post: #46
ANGRY_PILLOWCASE 
This game is still just in beta, it was advertised as a free to play game.. Marketing BF on the side was understandable so you can make a bit on the side. But now that the patch has come..

None of the people playing this game will be willing to pay ludicrous prices like the ones as current. Dice have already had a massive crunch on their own market because of their greed and they only have themselves to blame.

If you didn't have such an uproar from your customers you wouldn't have even made this thread in the first place so your regret is clear, and this is one foot forward towards salvaging the game.

The player rented servers will be canceled because none of the hosts will want to play the game anymore due to their servers being derelict.

To be honest its not about us voicing our opinion to change things back to how they were. You WILL HAVE to change this game back to how it was or it WILL die.

On a pleasant note...

Heart Love Heart
Heart Peace Heart

Regards, ANGRY_PILLOWCASE
01-12-2009, 02:31 PM | Post: #47
|DoG|Runn3r 
I,m surprised you think you need a central thread to judge opinion, sounds more like censorship to me, the players are not happy with the new price's and a large amount of them will simply stop playing leading to even more pre-game and that will lead to more leaving........what are EA going to do about this problem.

I've played this game for 4 months, around 350 hours, spent around 50 pounds (more than a retail game costs me) on BF, have a level 30 and 21 plus others and i'm quite prepared to say enough is enough and move on to another game, even if you reverse the VP/BF prices I don't feel it would be wise to spend further money based on your outlook of how this games business model is heading.

I'm an older player and love this game and the friends I have made over the last few months and I could afford to keep up with the new system but to be honest I Don't see why I should, this isn't what I signed up for.

[Image: 2]
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM | Post: #48
DickTator 
This Hyperinflation in VP's is just ridiculus.

We all know that you need money to keep the game running and create new content, and yeah pay your rent. But making the community aware of this could have be done in a more sensitive way. Also this procedure raises the question how BFH will develop in the future. If i get now some permanent weapons with BF, how long will it last until there will be even better ones (to be bought via BF's and "tired out" via VP's)?

Honestly, the trust in a game for everybody, where everybody can choose how much to spend - without having any advantages/disadvantages during the game, has gone.

Your doctrine of equality in the game has gone with the latest update. (Yes everybody can play, but it's no more balanced)

And yes, this new fireproof panties - they are a joke, aren't they?
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM | Post: #49
GAME_OVER2 
Really im not having a problem buy a weapon for a 1** bfunds.. but for vp users who wont pay that its gonna be bad ass.. maybe they will leave this game (and thats for sure)
also this prices on bandages is ridiculous same with weapons for vp users..

I think if you just fix those bandage and weapons, I will be the first who will buy bfunds

Change the matchmaking PLEASEExclamation Pls I want to know your opinion about the new matchmaking...

**Personally im not going to play until you change those bandage&weapons&matchmaking
01-12-2009, 02:33 PM | Post: #50
Punkbuster! 
Please DICE have mercy upon us and at least give back our old bandages for the same old amount of VP Angel

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 02:37 PM by Punkbuster!.)
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM | Post: #51
daXtari 
This feels like it's becoming a trap for children and as a parent I'm very (VERY) concerend about this. It's almost like you luring kids in to a free-to-play game and once they get the hang of it they will have to pay to survive or to be able to cope up with there "friends" .
I'm concidering to (and probably will, correction: already did) vent my concerns to PEGI, and other instances if neccesary, on this matter.

Yes, I know: I don't have a sig.
Wel ... WRONG! .... actually, this is it, so I do have one!
Happy?
_________________________________ (This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 04:36 PM by daXtari.)
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM | Post: #52
MAXIMUM_carnage 
Quote:Well the original plan for damage control was thrown out when some of the community took it upon themselves to spam the forums, which thankfully with a dedicated team of Community Moderators, we were able to subdue them enough to bring everything to this point. So I would like to throw a personal kudos to the Comm Mods for looking after the forums and allowing me to sleep peacefully. ^_^

Lets be honest here. Brutally honest like only adults can be, not children.

You and your team really have no idea about how to interact with a community. You want sympathy for a job poorly done? I'm sorry - I'm a senior engineer in customer support, and if my company pulled the rug under my end user base like this, without warning, I'd be out of a job if I didn't anticipate this type of reaction.

This was not a change in VP/BF. This was a change from carrot to stick. You could play for free, but to look cool, get the cool taunts, be cool essentially - you payed real money. But it was OK - you were helping your community. Your $'s was helping out the team. Now, its a business transaction - you must pay to play at high levels. The "free" items require a time commitment that is unattainable to any casual player.

If this is about business, but not community, then this is a joke. You don't have enough maps. Hacks are out of control. Your gameplay is unstable. Your game is NOT worth real money.

The fact that you think it is, that you couldn't even anticipate this community reaction just shows how insular your group is. You can't even sense the pulse of this community.

[Image: 6]

Freeloading? Read How to be a successful Freeloader in BF:H
Tired of dying of boredom? Learn how to die like I do - in a blaze of glory!
Still bored? Then play BattlePants Heroes - and set everyone else ablaze Soldier!
Willing to spend a bit of $$$? Then Gunnerering for Cheapskates may be the guide for you!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 02:35 PM by MAXIMUM_carnage.)
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM | Post: #53
Chronisch 
Just change the prices back.
We dont need this discussion.
9/10 of all the players want to change back so whats the big deal Shade?

[Image: 10]
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM | Post: #54
danielavko 
I will quote my comments from different threads because i really don't want to write it again:

(01-12-2009 12:54 PM)danielavko Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 08:44 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 08:24 AM)MattyG Wrote:  Do you know if the prices are going to be fixed or not?

Fixed isn't a term I would use, but it's highly likely they will be adjusted as we've continued to change the ratio between free/vp/bf since the beginning of the game. Comparing to other games out there, ranging from Windows games to Facebook games, we've had waaay low price/effort to get access to all of the cool content without barely even trying.

It should be possible to play and enjoy the game for free (which you can, the default clothes are a bit dull, but the default set of weapons are good and leathal). A more active player should be rewarded with enough VP to use a few none-standard items (here we might need more tweaking) either for a couple of days, like over the weekend, or be able to keep using some of them. And if you wanna have imba looks and a great weapon unlimited, then you should be able to buy this with a small and affordable amount of BF (we lowered this even more now).
To have 2 weapons (and don't sell me that "u have free default weapons" because they are shity weapons) for 1 day without paying real money. i need to WIN 43 games a DAY.

(01-12-2009 01:52 PM)danielavko Wrote:  Sorry, but I can't see how unlimited Bandage/Wrench that have 3 seconds refresh time for BF isn't an advantage for paying player.. get in a tank and make "Fire" button as "Wrench" button too (or just spam the Wrench/Bandage key) and what do we get?
And yes, I'm paying player in this game, but I won't buy all of those "little advantage" features and won't give more of my money if this VP and paying advantage situation won't change.

(01-12-2009 01:27 PM)danielavko Wrote:  I bought alot of BF.
I will not spent a cent on this game in the future.
And I will quit playing in the second that all my weapons will expire.

Just because of this idiotic update.

(30-11-2009 08:33 PM)danielavko Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 07:54 PM)Kubikuroh Wrote:  you're all still here no?Big Grin
until my weapons expire..

(30-11-2009 08:21 PM)danielavko Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 07:56 PM)Crypt_Phayder Wrote:  I honestly feel cheated and betrayed by this game now...I GLADLY spent money on this game ( mods/ea/dice/...please, look at my receipts) and now instead of it being a choice...its do or dont play.
same :\ spent alot of money here to help out and look cool. But now, to play normally i need to spent about 20$ more (plus others won't be here to play with me because what you've done).. yea you can kiss that idea goodbye. You won't see any money from me anymore.

(30-11-2009 06:54 PM)danielavko Wrote:  - We can still play with default weapons Big Grin oh wait they suck ass, never mind..
- People who don't pay can still fight equally with paying players Big Grin oh wait, they can't.. good other weapons for VP = impossible to have all the time now..
- We can still look just a bit cool with no money Smile Oh yea, nothing here too..
- Atleast they brought old VP cloths back :] oh yea, they coast BF now..

Hmm.. nope, got nothing..

EDIT:
- got 1 (: they're no hackers.. well, not alot.. ok alot.

(29-11-2009 01:35 PM)danielavko Wrote:  Money > Respect

Oh, and you forgot one of the "Official Statements":
(01-12-2009 12:07 PM)Goodman Wrote:  I'll bet you'd pay BF for a pitch fork right about now...
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...#pid951419

been called a hacker: 27 times.
Sorry for my bad English.
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM | Post: #55
serotol 
i think that the designers have a point, they were actually too cheap i had 5500 vp stored in my account, but now they are too expensive why don't you find a price somewhere in the middle so we the community could still afford it like for a weapon 50 vp a day 200 a week and 500 a month how about that???????

01-12-2009, 02:37 PM | Post: #56
Tkal 
At the very least bring back the level 1 bandages. That's all I really want to have back in this game.
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM | Post: #57
Tyrianad 
(01-12-2009 02:32 PM)DickTator Wrote:  This Hyperinflation in VP's is just ridiculus.

We all know that you need money to keep the game running and create new content, and yeah pay your rent. But making the community aware of this could have be done in a more sensitive way. Also this procedure raises the question how BFH will develop in the future. If i get now some permanent weapons with BF, how long will it last until there will be even better ones (to be bought via BF's and "tired out" via VP's)?

Honestly, the trust in a game for everybody, where everybody can choose how much to spend - without having any advantages/disadvantages during the game, has gone.

Your doctrine of equality in the game has gone with the latest update. (Yes everybody can play, but it's no more balanced)

And yes, this new fireproof panties - they are a joke, aren't they?

+1
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM | Post: #58
ReiAyanami 
So..I wrote yesterday in the BIG thread, but post again here.
I understand that a business needs money to survive (I am an Economy almost-graduate).
I have bought in the past few months BF several times, for Boost, boundles, etc. And I was happy to do so, because I really enjoy this game. I think I play almost every day(maybe I'm "addicted").
The reason I don't like these changes in prices are that now whoever has the possibility to buy BF(and is willing to) is able to have guns and widgets that make him more powerful inside the game.
I did saw that prices of guns are low. But what about those who don't have a credit card/paypal etc ?
Second thought: I think a lot of people didn't buy BF before, because they thought that things were overpriced. So a simple reduction in prices would have generated a greater amount of "income". (You could have made a poll to test the situation, for example)
Finally, I can accept the changes for the guns, but not for widgets because they are too expesnive and it changes drastically the style of how this game is played.
I really think that the change could have been managed more properly, if money is the key question a discussion/confrontation with the players in this forum would have been the first step to take.
Now I will still play, I still like the game, but the whole question left me a "bitter taste".

ps. sorry for my english, I tried to express myself as best as I could.

[Image: achmed.gif]
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM | Post: #59
CommanderXavi 
Thanks alot for this topic shade! I think the vp items have to be more expensive then they were. But I think this is a bit ridiculous. So the vp prices should lower a bit. (maybe between the first prices and the prices we have now.)
Thanks alot for all the new and very awesome items and weapons! The BF prices are also very awesome now!

01-12-2009, 02:38 PM | Post: #60
AroJay 
I predict that DICE/EA will ultimately reduce their income with these changes. Even faithful BF purchasers are completely disgusted with this move.

I think DICE's brilliant analysts failed to take into account goodwill and trust. Of which they now have neither left.