Hello There, Guest!

03-12-2009, 04:01 AM | Post: #2181
~Xeb~ 
I used to play this game a fair bit (most would consider me to be a casual gamer though). Being a few hours every night after my daughter was in bed, and sometimes in the morning while she is at kindergarten.

Since the update i've played a total of half an hour. In that half an hour i was mutilated by the (really only affordable with real money) Super/uber weapons. Sure my score was still okay, but i was playing with the cheeser on my gunner, and the PP on my commando. With the default weapons im sure my score will plummet.
I'm not a "skilled" player, but i am good enough to own every now and again.

I used to buy battlefunds, at least $10 a month since i started, but i won't be anymore. You haven't made me want to buy more at all, you've made me want to buy none. Not even for cosmetic reasons. When i wanted a game to play, this is where i came. But my enthusiasm for the game has vastly depleted and i expect that others (BF buyers and Free players) feel very much the same.

Put aside all the angst you feel about the words "EA failed" and accept that YOUR community feels failed by you.

I am not am 15 year old boy (no offense to 15 year old boys lol). I'm a 24 year old woman, i am in the age bracket were i run my own life, spend my money as i please. And i will no longer spend it here on you. I will not support you shafting the players who play for free (like 15 year old boys who do not have credit cards) and i will not support you shafting the people who buy battlefund purely for cosmetic reasons.

I will not support you with my money.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2009, 04:05 AM | Post: #2182
Rot. 
The genius of your game isn't really the game at all, it's the clever play-for-free structure that rewards all players equally and relies on our vanity (or impatience) to fund it. Take that away and really what's left is a moderately amusing game with convoluted price structure.

Click to sign petition!
Code:
[align=center][b]Click to sign petition![/b][/align]
[align=center][url=http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=89021][img]http://i46.tinypic.com/eg5veu.jpg[/img][/url][/align]
03-12-2009, 04:11 AM | Post: #2183
RAGEQUITx 
Quote:Ben Cousins, from EA/DICE, argued, 'We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team
large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy.
Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts
and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.'

I believe DICE has made something really worthwhile, and that it's necessary to have Battlefunds being bought to keep the developers payed and the game continue to be made. This is not the encourage the sales of battlefunds. If I may make a comparison.

In a recession, people do not buy many things ( Users of BFH ovbiously were not buying enough. ) Jacking up the prices by 67x the normal, is not going to raise consumption. ( That Number is Biased, I threw it in randomly. )

In fact, as it has happened on BFH all it has done is made consumers outraged at the cost of living. It's Ridiculous!

Either Lower the Costs on VP Items, Make new and better content for us to play with ( Considering the price of BF ) or all of us are going to Migrate to another, more satisfactory online gaming community.

Sho' Nuff. Cool
03-12-2009, 04:14 AM | Post: #2184
drzoidberg01 
I think I may have had a hand in the VP rises. I had about 23k VP before the updates...

The thing with EA and/or DICE is that, when it came to Quality over Quantity, they chose Quality. IMO I think that Quantity would have been a better marketing choice on the basis that the more people that play a game, the more people will likely to join the game, kinda like a snnowball effect (to a point). But instead, they've decided that having a couple hundred thousand playing with about 20% using BF is better than having a million or so playing with 10% using battlefunds.......

PS: DICE, change your marketing team to me Big Grin

[Image: 288o468.gif]
03-12-2009, 04:23 AM | Post: #2185
chainsawferret 
I fell in love with this game the first time I played it....it had great graphics even though they were cartoonish...great people who played (mostly. damn the trolls! Tongue)...and the gameplay was very well balanced. The game depended on the person's skill rather than how powerful their guns were. As much as I understand that EA needs to make money and such, they aren't going to be making any money this way. One of the admins had mentioned something about needed to lower the surplus VP's that everybody had. I admit, I have about 2k VP. I keep 2kVP to mess around with weapons, clothing, and just to sustain each of my 3 characters. Unfortunetly, now everything costs so much that I don't want to spend any of my VP's. Sooo if one of EA's goals was to reduce the VPs that everybody had, it's not going to work. If I continue to play I am most certainly going to horde my VPs. Another thing is that now there are different tiered guns. It doesn't depend as much on a person's skill in the game, it seems to depend more on who can spray and pray the best with their shiny new power gun. Sad i hate to see such a great game like this go down the drain. there are plenty of way more effective ways of making money. I wouldn't mind if EA started spamming ads everywhere. Why not? they make money and it doesn't ruin the great gameplay.
Until they fix these ridiculous prices I'm simply not playing. I have a months worth of the pistols, rocket launcher, and the fast MG but I refuse to play with these circumstances. Angry I really want this game to succeed. It's a great game....but...unless you guys working on it fix it fast it's going to fail.
Sad Don't let us down...

I refuse to play this game until it's fixed. And trust me, I really want to play it.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 04:24 AM by chainsawferret.)
03-12-2009, 04:32 AM | Post: #2186
Hydrosan 
no response from EA I see. Say something EA, don't be shy!! If you agree with us say "You're right, We'll fix this awesome". If you don't agree with us say "Sorry, we can't do what you ask, for those who want to leave, just fuk off". Give your honest answer and close this thread please.
03-12-2009, 04:36 AM | Post: #2187
mzarmy 
well i have a dissagree ment because with beginners would if there bank rupt im hi and im pretty bank rupt now
03-12-2009, 04:54 AM | Post: #2188
Snok 
Huh EA BattleFunds Heros would disappear. RIP Angel

Dodgy all the servers are as empty Angry and the community laugh about it. Tongue

Undecided Yup, I'm not kidding Confused

National e best Sleepy Royals sucks Rolleyes
Idea Vote to kick cheaters. Idea
03-12-2009, 05:00 AM | Post: #2189
kellic 
the 1 thing i think will help this is put back the smaller bandaids and wrenches for vp points keep the big 1 the way u have them. 25 bandaids for 140 vps on all smaller sizes. and weapons should be 3day and 7 day for vp points not 1day and 3days. i think that would help alot.
if you dont why have vp points at all u cannt get anything for them now.

thanks for hearing me out,i hope you all get this worked out i really like this game

p.s. or how about lowering the bf points in 1/2 2.50 for 700 not 5.00and so on
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 05:11 AM by kellic.)
03-12-2009, 05:00 AM | Post: #2190
abr95 
Please keep the promise of that battlefund dont make better players
03-12-2009, 05:02 AM | Post: #2191
abr95 
EA for this christmas i only want you to restore the bandages, and weapons, because im poor and my family is poor too. I dont have battlefunds =(, my father salary is 2 dolars a year really, i live in India.
03-12-2009, 05:03 AM | Post: #2192
ODSTHelljumper 
As long as you guys understand that you guys are idiots...im ok...

[Image: PostResults.jpg]
03-12-2009, 05:05 AM | Post: #2193
ODSTHelljumper 
(03-12-2009 04:11 AM)RAGEQUITx Wrote:  
Quote:Ben Cousins, from EA/DICE, argued, 'We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team
large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy.
Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts
and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.'

I believe DICE has made something really worthwhile, and that it's necessary to have Battlefunds being bought to keep the developers payed and the game continue to be made. This is not the encourage the sales of battlefunds. If I may make a comparison.

In a recession, people do not buy many things ( Users of BFH ovbiously were not buying enough. ) Jacking up the prices by 67x the normal, is not going to raise consumption. ( That Number is Biased, I threw it in randomly. )

In fact, as it has happened on BFH all it has done is made consumers outraged at the cost of living. It's Ridiculous!

Either Lower the Costs on VP Items, Make new and better content for us to play with ( Considering the price of BF ) or all of us are going to Migrate to another, more satisfactory online gaming community.

Sho' Nuff. Cool

This game's community sucks,and the only community better than this one, is one for a game you have to pay for.

[Image: PostResults.jpg]
03-12-2009, 05:20 AM | Post: #2194
LordOfDestruct 
The prices are too high and many players can't buy Battlefunds so they may quit. The result will be less players, less servers and less money for your company. So please EA and DICE think carefully about this situation here and change the prices back to normal so you can make more profits and have more players respecting your company.

LordOfDes,
Please think about it.
03-12-2009, 05:22 AM | Post: #2195
LordOfDestruct 
The prices are too high and many players can't buy Battlefunds so they may quit. The result will be less players, less servers and less money for your company. So please EA and DICE think carefully about this situation here and change the prices back to normal so you can make more profits and have more players respecting your company.

LordOfDes,
Please think about it.
03-12-2009, 05:24 AM | Post: #2196
caveman2006 
Im not gonna spend my money on this game.I was going to but not anymore,in fact I bought stuff for like 30-40$ to customase 2 heroes,and was just waiting for new cool outfits to come out.

What did we get?
Not only new stuff but also this stupid change on everything in store.Now ppl with BF have advantage over ppl without.
This game was advertised as Play 4 free not Pay to play.
DICE fix your screw ups.

03-12-2009, 05:27 AM | Post: #2197
Rattata[AFN]
I've read every response from the Devs on this thread, and it is dismissive at best, and spiteful at worst. Shade even said something to the tune of, "If you get all pissy, you'll hurt your chances even more of us even doing anything about it."

Talk about good customer care.
03-12-2009, 05:29 AM | Post: #2198
Rattata[AFN]
(02-12-2009 07:29 PM)TheKickerOfArses Wrote:  [Image: 2rz45kw.jpg]

[Image: 2qxx829.jpg]

[Image: 14e3slu.jpg]

epic win

(02-12-2009 09:48 PM)a2706370 Wrote:  Here is a solution to all our problems... Play a game where you only pay once and get content updates, clothes, in-game items and your own servers for free. Play the game heroes is based on:

[Image: team_fortress_2_group_photo.jpg]
03-12-2009, 05:30 AM | Post: #2199
Fixan 
(03-12-2009 05:29 AM)Rattata0x5b;AFN0x5d; Wrote:  
(02-12-2009 07:29 PM)TheKickerOfArses Wrote:  [Image: 2rz45kw.jpg]

[Image: 2qxx829.jpg]

[Image: 14e3slu.jpg]

epic win

(02-12-2009 09:48 PM)a2706370 Wrote:  Here is a solution to all our problems... Play a game where you only pay once and get content updates, clothes, in-game items and your own servers for free. Play the game heroes is based on:

[Image: team_fortress_2_group_photo.jpg]

HAHA EPIC !! Big Grin

[Image: 1808750869vraissign.png]
03-12-2009, 05:31 AM | Post: #2200
CimaCorlin 
What Happens When Player Fund's Dry Up When They Quit Out of Protest

Cima is always right... So says the Communist Loli

[Image: tuiasign.jpg]

Valkyria Chronicles 3 Click Compels You