03-12-2009, 02:51 AM | Post: #2161
NativeAUSTRALIAN 
(03-12-2009 02:29 AM)Sgt.Butler Wrote:  
(03-12-2009 02:13 AM)AFineDay2DIE Wrote:  
(03-12-2009 02:07 AM)Gene_Shalit Wrote:  
Sgt.Butler
'Gene_Shalit'
(Today 01:07 AM)

GREAT you just MADE THE OTHER TWO THUOSAND OR SO THREAD'S(With relative genuine point's that may have got this fixxed)
BE~FORE YOUR'S POINTLESS By ABUSING THEM......Angry

DO you LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHO ABUSES YOU AT SCHOOL KID...U DONT DO YOU...Angry

IE..Make this game a $7/mo. p2p
WHAT ABOUT EVERY ONE WHO HAS PIAD OVER 200$(More than the cost of diablo III) Dollar's allrady BRAINIAC
FAIL U ARE and you F2p game is to after school holiday rush end's(The plan to make profit off school kid's is so evil it will bring BAD KARMA)

IT ALLREADY IS PAY2PLAY (new to game)FOOL'S
EXAMPLE=HOW DO YOU REPAIR A TANK UNLESS YOU ARE A RICH PERSON>>>Hey Brainiac

WHat WE HOPE {repair}WIDGET'S WILL FALL FOM THE SKY LIKE HOMER'S SIMPSON'S DONUT"S

THIS GAME IS DEAD (sad but true)THE BIG SPAZMODIC (Heavy/UBBER L/Range MG)Made it fso for me

I AINT EVEN GONNA TRY TO COMPETE AGAINST THAT WIT NO WIDGET's
it ocurred to me for real at about 3.00 am reading the forum last night and they moved the price complain thread to genneral topic from special topic

MY EPIPHANY HAPPEND LAST NIGHT AND THIS IS IT
THEY DONT WANT TO FIX THE GAME,IN THERE EYE's IT IS FIXED NOW????WTF

Come JANUARY and school retsart's and the holiday kid rush has gone=(Mass empty server's ect)
SPELL's................

I really dont want to belive it but they killed it =BF:H)
BYE BYE 2 BF:H (BUT E.A/DICE is just like you and your post= 2 stupid/greedy to see a better way)

It's A bit LIKE My PEOPLE WITH SPEAR'S TRYING TO BEAT BIG RICH WHITE MEN WITH GUN'S ALL OVER AGAIN
The NATIVE'S STOOD NO CHANCE?.................................... ;{
(Common Link GREEDY WHITE MEN With big gun's DRIVEN BY POWER AND GOLD??? SO 1876)

what?
i have banned for the last 2 days and have been playing world of warcraft with some of my family.

What 2 your self spazmodic????????
Make sence RE~tard
AN example of making sence for you is =

THE WEAPON'S ARE NOT THE PROBLEM

THE ULTRA EXPENSIVE WIDGET TO FIGHT THESE NEW WEAPON'S IS THE PROBLEM=(u cant afford them Unless your rich or play 20+hrs a day?)

How CAN YOU REPAIR A TANK/PLANE/JEEP.........?

They ANSWERD THE WEAPON QUESTION THREE DAY'S AGO
IE=============================================================
NOTE: THEY ANSWERED

RE: New changes‏
De: Cousins, Ben (Ben.Cousins@dice.se)
Enviada: quarta-feira, 2 de dezembro de 2009 14:04:26

Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch. I understand it is now slightly harder to maintain lots of weapons for free – we did this in order to slightly increase the number of people spending Battlefunds so we can continue to support the team making free content like maps. Our data from Monday show these changes were a success.

Thanks,Ben
=======================GET IT THERE HERE TO STAY====================
Plz for sake of game let's try to keep this thread focused on real issue

THE WEAPON'S ARE NOT THE PROBLEM

THE ULTRA EXPENSIVE WIDGET TO FIGHT THESE NEW WEAPON'S IS THE PROBLEM=(u cant afford them Unless your rich or play 20+hrs a day?)

How CAN YOU REPAIR A TANK/PLANE/JEEP.........?

[Image: 2]
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2009, 02:51 AM | Post: #2162
Punkbuster! 
Exactly, you can't grind VP for bandages, the more you play the more bandages you loose in the end, and only go into -VP

This game is gone into saddest phase, not that paying customers have advantage over non paying, but whoever pays more is better

03-12-2009, 02:52 AM | Post: #2163
Sgt.Butler 
Ummmm does any one know why native is mad at me?

How did you think this would be a good idea, really i mean how your charging 10 times more vp but less BF did you forget the reason your so popular its not cuz your BF items are cool its because your game is of high quality and is FREE, its the same reason hulu is sweet, its cuz its FREE and now there going to charge money to watch there videos if you need to pay wages do what every one else is layoffs and pay cuts.I would keep the loyal players base and have a steady stream of money flow over the high burst one, cuz that one will run out.
03-12-2009, 03:06 AM | Post: #2164
funonabun 
First of all,i think EA has sustained a major blow already,many players have already left the game,servers are empty,the community is super angry,and here's how it's gonna play out.

Good Scenario:EA see the error of their ways,change things back,and the players who have not yet left will come back and everything will work out.

Bad Scenario:They will NOT change the prices back,the servers will stay empty,and heroes will crash and burn.

[Image: 5]
03-12-2009, 03:09 AM | Post: #2165
Sharkgatling 
OH PLEASE EA OPEN YOUR BLIND EYES AND SEE OUR PROBLEMS MOST OF US ARE NOT RICH WE NEED THE OLD OPTIONS BACK OR ELSE YOU WILL CRASH AND BURN LIKE FIRE WITH NUKES ALL OVER YOU MOST VP USERS ARE GONNA LOOK LIKE NEWBIES!!

[Image: 6]
03-12-2009, 03:15 AM | Post: #2166
Aussiejeff 
I posted this in another thread titled All VP gone or somesuch. Thought it worthwhile to cross-reference in this thread too. Enjoy.

Did some calcs. For VP's to outfit a gunner with Top Dog equipment - All at single day rate or equiv. for easy calc.

SUPER BONE CHEWER - 450
CHEESER - 150
SUPER SHOTTY - 450
ROCKET LAUNCHER - 59
BANDAGE [10 uses] - 120
WRENCH [10 uses] - 120
XP GAIN [+1.5 6mth] - n/a
VP GAIN [+1.5 6mth] - n/a
========================
~Total cost 1,350 VP per day!!! Just to remain remotely competitive with those who can afford to spend $100's on this "free game"/"clever marketing exercise"

That's just a bit CRAZY don't you think??

BUT THERE'S MORE....

Also did a calc using current OZ dolla conversions for a single gunner to play with all top options as they currently stand. NO spending on clothes. NO spending on emotes. NO accounting for the flood of *supa* weapons that will be offered regularly over the lifetime of this game.

Let's look at BF's - All unlimited costs are used where available

SUPER BONE CHEWER - 560
CHEESER - 145
SUPER SHOTTY - 560
ROCKET LAUNCHER - 145
BANDAGE [110 uses] - 70
WRENCH [110 uses] - 70
XP GAIN [+1.5 6mth] - 4200
VP GAIN [+1.5 6mth] - 4200
========================
Total Outlay 9,950 BF @ AU1.07c per BF = $106!!!

That's just for starters. The ongoing outlay to maintain this current "top dog" outfit will cost you ~ 1,960 BF for the following:

~ 4 BANDAGE PACKS @ 70BF ea = 280
~ 4 WRENCH PACKS @ 70BF ea = 280
ave 1mth worth of further +1.5 XP = 700
ave 1mth worth of further +1.5 VP = 700
=================================
Total Monthly Outlay = 1,960 BF @ AU1.07c per BF = $21!!!

AND THAT DOESN'T EVEN ACCOUNT FOR THE FACT THAT YOU CAN MULTIPLY THE ABOVE BY 3 IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A TOP DOG COMMANDO & SOLDIER AS WELL!!!!

AND THERE'S MORE!!!!!

HOW *MUCH* MORE WILL YOU NEED TO PAY FOR ALL THE NEW, MORE UBER WEAPONS THAT WILL BE OFFERED OVER THE COMING MONTHS? TO STAY TOP DOG, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY A PREMIUM ON TOP OF WHAT I HAVE JUST DETAILED!!!!!

So, Mr Wannabe Top Dog.

You are looking at an initial outlay for 3 characters of around $320. Oh, of course, if you wish to look dapper in all three modes with clothes and emotes, you can add maybe a further $100 initial outlay + a monthly outlay of anywhere between $30-$50 to maintain that supremacy across the 3 characters.

Holy smoke Batman! That adds up to a WHOPPING $420 outlay to compete with the top dogs and up to a further $50 mth to stay there!! A yearly maintenance cost of $600 OZbucks!!!

ARE THEY TOTALLY INSANE????? HAS THE JOKER INFILTRATED THEIR RANKS????

Seriously, as someone who has children & granchildren who are influenced by the none-too-subtle message behind this marketing exercise (ie - you can BUY your way to No. 1!), maybe Consumer Affairs needs to look at this. Banks have been under fire for their "unfair" fee structures.

Maybe it's about time unscurpulous game developers have the same scrutiny applied? Huh

aj
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 03:17 AM by Aussiejeff.)
03-12-2009, 03:15 AM | Post: #2167
Wulfyre 
I think I can say we all saw this coming. Does that mean this is right? No. IS this right? No. As previously stated you guys should know by now from your mistakes and others:

PC gamers want:
Ability to drastically change game settings and physics
Ability to adjust graphics
Ability to rent a server (The whole MW2 thing. Did that influence you to finally finish up BF:H's servers?)
When we buy the game, we get the whole game; and all future content...free.

That last one has always been unbroken till a couple years ago, and we all got very angry. Now we can't do any of those and advantages are going to people with money. I don't want to pay an extra 50 bucks to make an online avatar look cool and to make me be able to do well and have fun in a game. Now we have to pay immense amount of either money or VP just to have an equal chance of killing. Increasing the VP doesn't help the weekend "warrior" player. I level up about once every weekend between four characters (two of which I don't play as much). This makes it extremely difficult to get enough to even have one day worth of a super weapon.

Here's what I want, and I'm sure others agree:
-Lower cost of both VP and BF items OR it costs less/takes less time to get BF/VP (consecutively).
-More clothes available for BF; and not bland jumpsuits.
-Maybe even give a single widget as a reward at the end of the game for certain things; over 2000 points or getting all 3 missions in one round.
-Lets get some new maps! Once every month and a half to two months isn't good enough. Open photoshop or whatever make the background...figure out the map...put in pre made renders. We don't care if there are new trees, we care if there is a new experience.
-More vehicles? I'll open C4D and make you a nice U-boat or beach landing boat or a car that handles well. Maybe a more armored tank that moves slower. JUST SOMETHING NEW.

MOST IMPORTANT:
The CLASSIC EA/Dice way of doing things. As you rank up you get new weapons. Come on! This is how you've done it for ever! Why make a advertised FREE game and turn it into a free game that costs money; because this is exactly that.

I'll donate money if these things happen. I'll do like that other guy did; send you a letter with my MW2 money telling you not to make a mistake like that...or this.

I have purchased 1942-2142. I will get 1943 soon and BF:BC2 when it comes out for PC. (No regular bad company because of console only.) I have been a life long customer, and I think mine and the hundreds of others opinion's matter more than your possible "negative cash flow". You guys even coming close to that would be the end of the world. I respect you guys wanting to have a good pay check, I do too, but we ARE your pay check and quite frankly this makes us mad.

I apologize for any possible flame, I meant no offense and no hatred intended.

If it would be possible to get a staff members E-mail, IM, or X-fire I would be very honored to have a back and forth chat. Think of it almost as an interview you could post to further cool down the situation. If so send me an E-mail.

Thank you for caring about us,
Aaron

PS: If you guys come out with better weapons and stuff in the future that render the first three useless I will be very mad. Sure, it makes you money because we first rush in to buy new and improved weapons then a week later you put out even better. Don't even go there please.
03-12-2009, 03:21 AM | Post: #2168
ganstergangster 
why did they make everything bf it dum and i was wondering are they ever gonna make it for mac
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 03:22 AM by ganstergangster.)
03-12-2009, 03:23 AM | Post: #2169
Aussiejeff 
(03-12-2009 03:15 AM)Wulfyre Wrote:  PS: If you guys come out with better weapons and stuff in the future that render the first three useless I will be very mad. Sure, it makes you money because we first rush in to buy new and improved weapons then a week later you put out even better. Don't even go there please.

Hate to say it mate, but this will be the future for all online gaming. Until Consumer Affairs come down hard on them, they can do what they like. It is now a very obvious cash cow that they can milk with seemingly no authority to stop them.

Before long there will be no more games to buy on disc. With the advent of HS Broadband all over the planet, soon all games will be downloadable only and unless authorities intervene to cover the consumers (ie gamers) , then we will be totally at the mercy of the devs when it comes to having to pay for *add-ons* to stay competitive.

This is just one example of the future for gaming.

Looks great eh? Dodgy

aj
03-12-2009, 03:24 AM | Post: #2170
Cimis6090 
I'd like to see the VP time lengths for weapons specifically back to one week and one month. One and three days is really just too low, especially for the amount of VP required for such a short time. Wanting to make buying Battlefunds more appealing sounds great, but racking up VP prices and lowering Buttlefund prices doesn't make it more appealing, it makes it more demanding.

[Image: bfheroes-sig-04202010015844.png]
03-12-2009, 03:30 AM | Post: #2171
NamelessSoldier 
I feel as though many a people have already made my point for me, so I'll just say
I'm am in agreement to reverse prices.
03-12-2009, 03:31 AM | Post: #2172
Cestari 
I don't know if someone already said this (Well, you're not expecting me to read more than 100 pages).

About the new pricing.
Like everyone else, I just loved the old VP prices. But, looking at them, I see that they were way too cheap. The amount of VP left after purchasing weapons was very high. It looked like I had infinite VP. But now, it looks like there's a lack of VP. 150 VP for one day? C'mon! My VP won't last a week!

Why not making a balanced price? Neither cheap, nor expensive, just right.
Something like, 30 VP a day (for normal weapons). What do you guys think is a fair price for normal weapons? And for Uber weapons?

Bandages and Wrenches.
Nothing against the Bandages removal, but, the Wrenches removal is a big problem.
Expensive bandages: Combat Medicine becomes more useful and people start to stay closer to Soldiers. No more Healing Gunners or Commandos.

Wrenches:...HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIX A VEHICLE? An (extreme) solution is to make a new class, an Engineer whose job is to fix vehicles. But the gameplay would change drastically, not to mention he would be almost useless on infantry maps. So, bad idea. Another idea is to bring back the old wrenches, with the old prices of course.
03-12-2009, 03:39 AM | Post: #2173
Daveq2 
This is not what this game was originally about, real money was not ever needed for decent weapons.

It's all good havn't payed a cent on another free online FPS, few rounds a few guns now, only been playing since this price blitz on BFH.

Have fun guys

P.S Email me devs if you make it fair for everyone again and I will happily come back and support BFH in my area like I have been. This game was 98-99% of my gameplay time, now 1% if ya lucky

[Image: davetNsig.png]
03-12-2009, 03:40 AM | Post: #2174
Lerim 
Now, the new prices are simply ridiculous. I wouldn't have minded if they kept the old times but raised the prices to these levels. You can play one or two hours a day and afford that. The new durations and the prices combined make getting and keeping weapons impossible.

[Image: bfheroes-sig-11122009125748.png]
03-12-2009, 03:43 AM | Post: #2175
Bio-Fire.
im giving this game a christmas deadline, if it hasnt been fixed by then, im done.

the reason? you gave a bf advantage, updattes are crap, the store is over prriced, and ea just failed.

but what ever, im just some no name low lvl.
03-12-2009, 03:48 AM | Post: #2176
|DoG|Runn3r 
(02-12-2009 11:09 PM)Cupcake Wrote:  I agree on the fact that EA miscounted the amount of VP people actually have. The number of players who possess excessive VP is alarming, of course, but they are a small percentage when compared to the many who are barely earning any VP at all.

Furthermore, perhaps a fix to the prices can wait as you initiate more calculation, but at least respond to your costumers, your consumers, who pay and sustain this great game, with proper respect.

"No answers only lead to more questions."

That is why you incited the uproar of spammers.

EA did not miscalculate anything and they don't give a rats asss about people having large amounts of VP, this is all an excuse to squeeze more cash out of the players, wake up people there effectively getting rid of VP altogether so you have to buy BF and that's the top and bottom of it, too much VP floating around is just there excuse.

[Image: 2]
03-12-2009, 03:56 AM | Post: #2177
Gibbergabber 
I love your game. I have been a heavy addict since I started playing about 4-5 months ago. Love the gameplay, the people (most of them), and also the fact that it was free. I personally don't have a ton of money to be spending on games. That is part of what attracted me to this game.

That being said, I also don't have a whole lot of vp, roughly 1.5k or so give or take, atm. VP doesn't come too easily or quickly. The only reason that I have so little is because I used much of it to maintain four characters, bandages, weapons, etc. I did splurge a little one time, got some battlefunds, to get some clothing for my commando, because I intended on staying with the game for a while and thought it would be fun to have a cool outfit. I likely would have done it again sometime down the road.

To the point. As much as I am going to have to spend on bandages and wrenches, I am going to go through that vp in a matter of a few days. After that I don't have anymore, and I will have to play at a huge dissadvantage to the people that can afford to pay. They will have bandages and wrenches and also the awesome new guns. My surviveability will decrease tremendously and the fun of the game is ruined.

I love a challenge, but to go in there with the odds of dying repeatedly because I can't heal myself and these guns are kicking my butt, the thought doesn't really appeal to me. I hope you guys grow some sense and at least tweak the vp system or lower the vp prices or something, otherwise that money I likely would have spent in the future with the old system, well, I won't be spending it on your game. Multiply that how many ever times over with all the other people that are quiting as well, that would likely spend money on the game occasionally, and that is a lot of lost money for EA/DICE. You may be thinking you are going to get more money on people buying battlefunds, and truthfully it may equal out money wise, but you are losing a large majority of your customer base.

Pick your poison, but me personally if I were running the show, I would rather have a large, loyal following and end up with more money in the long run.

[Image: eadicefailed.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 03:57 AM by Gibbergabber.)
03-12-2009, 03:57 AM | Post: #2178
CimaCorlin 
I have wasted VP very very little other than testing all the weapons for a day. I've been playing for a coupel days, I couldn't picture players being able to afford items/clothing/weapons/bandages with VP alone, I bought BF just because I absolutely hate time limits on items after buying them even with ingame cash, Combat Arms does that even with REAL Money bought items no matter what which is a big rip off as things are far far more expensive than they are on this game. *laughs*

Over all right now as it is, VP is a bit too high on many items, mainly weapons, but what I find really stupid are the weapons being released, to be fear no weapon should be more powerful than the other and all should have pro's and con's which the first original defaults all have, the new weapons are clones of one of the originals with a new model, but with a two more PROs making them unbalanced to the over all system, I mean I was glad I spent BF buying an unlimited Sub Machine gun for my Soldier definity for the one I enjoyed most after testing them, but I see no reason fo rthem to throw more expensive items which are better since the balance on the individual weapons per class were now just thrown out the door. I'm proud I win using a very slow firing Sub Machine Gun, now I'm going to feel depressed dieing to people using new more powerful weapons, I'm already getting annoyed with the new knife sometimes I die in only 2 slashes from it, zero time to react against it, before it would take around 4 or more knife hits to kill me and still most of the time unless I can pull a shotgun out fast enough I would die just vs that. Thats just pretty unfair, the new shotgun I don't notess much of a OPness, since it has very short effective range.. not often do you get at point blank range where a very close range weapon does max damage.

Cima is always right... So says the Communist Loli

[Image: tuiasign.jpg]

Valkyria Chronicles 3 Click Compels You
03-12-2009, 03:57 AM | Post: #2179
Fixan 
Arf i leave ! -.-'

[Image: 1808750869vraissign.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 03:57 AM by Fixan.)
03-12-2009, 03:58 AM | Post: #2180
Isi 
I guess that they are happy with the way things went. Gaining a short time profit in exchange to losing a big portion of their true fans.. not to mention all the bad publicity the whole companies are getting. This seems like incredibly short sighted, but they must have been struggling to stay afloat even a bit longer.

The thing of it is, that the ones who don't really care about the game, don't follow what happens in the forums and buy now the lowered price BF out of ignorance.. the true supporters are here, enraged, unheard and ignored. Once enough people start leaving, the ones not paying attention to what's happening have no-one to play with and will have to stop playing also.. in the mean time, they might actually be earning more than before until the end.

For me, this means that I will add EA and Dice to my personal sh*tlist next to aerial games, which betrayed it's supporters in much the same way with last chaos pricing stunt few years ago. I won't buy any product from these companies, and will not be fooled again by their future lies with f2p games.. and of course will spread the word to my friends and ppl I generally know. The few hundred/thousand € may not make much of an difference by itself, but I'd suspect that many ppl will take similar response if they haven't already, because afterall this doesn't seem to be the first time EA messes up things badly.

As EA has announced, that they aren't doing all that great.. but with this kind of attitude I think it would be better that they'd go bankrupt already and sell the company to someone who can run things and care about customers. It always is a bad idea to disrespect and insult the very people that are paying your bills.

This BFH seemed like a success story, and could've been improved to be truly profitable, if it wasn't it already by simply listening the wishes of their customers.

While it still may not be to late to make things better, I'd say that they already have done permanent damage to the company by getting the bad publicity. Even if they say that all publicity is good, I doubt that works in the game industry. I for one would steer clear from companies from which I'd heard that they couldn't care less about their customers..

[Image: wedontpaybutton.png]