Hello There, Guest!

01-12-2009, 01:57 AM | Post: #301
Cinzu 
WE WANT THE OLD VP PRICES
at least for weapons, so we can play tecnically equal

(for example, as gunner I play with rpg, bernie and cheeser, its 1350 VP for 3 days, but is almost impossible to earn this amount of vp in 3 days)
COMPEL, OBLIGE us to buy BF²

[Image: 38]
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2009, 02:02 AM | Post: #302
Phantom626 
This is an official word from Ben Cousins the lead supervisor of Battlefield Heroes. We now have a right to sue EA/DICE for false advertising! His words were binding as he was talking about the game in front of cameras and it no where reads that DICE can do this if they really want to!

[Image: 3]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 02:03 AM by Phantom626.)
01-12-2009, 02:04 AM | Post: #303
Herzog77 
Okay here's my take on this.
1. This is a bad manuver totaly! To make us buy bandage at the inflated cost is just idiotic.
And the fact you now need to spend alot more for just 10 bandages worth with VP? /fail! As well as paying for weapons which have a better increase in something stat wise? I understand it's just a crit rate or what not, but understand that still gives an advantage!
2. Get money get payed! I understand this concept since I grew up mostly in a ghetto. EA/Dice has gotta get theirs. I would wanna get payed to if I worked on something. So how can we change this?
a. drop the server numbers! Most, if not a quite a few people have private servers set up. And which we can connect to as well since they are ranked. So drop just a few of the servers and you'll have your money back without dropping the quality of the game. I don't know how many times I tried to connect and got put into an empty game with just 1 opponet and 1 other person on my team.
b. give more stuff or new stuff every month or so for outfits/skins. Again, with more appealing options, people would put up the money for it.
Just after the ninja costume came out (hell even before I seen it on the log in screen) I had seen peeps run around with them on.

These are a few ways I see how they can get money or help stream line things. I may be wrong, but at least it's an idea eh?

Now, I am a casual player and to be honest, I don't eat meth/tweek on a daily or hourly basis to play Teamfortress II. I can't get a head shot off in this game only save for 2 every 20 games or so when I play my commando. Hell I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my gunner or soldier as well and I constantly get owned while playing any of my characters.
But why do I keep coming back to this game? Well there's the fact that I'm quitting WOW, this game is easing me out of that aspect of drama. Often times I would try to play something other than WOW and ended up here, and enjoyed myself during that time. And now, since I've left WOW for good, this game has gotten so much more fun and some of the mechanics have gotten better as well. (Not to mention looking at a few vids that helped me play a better gunner/soldier). There's a level progression as well, (Which I like over TFII) but yet the progression does not make you better than another player. It still takes a bit of skill to play the game, which I'm getting more and more of when I play. (My kill ratio is going up as well as being able to score more points with my commando (previously in the low 400ish or so).)
And now with the increase in widget prices... this makes me not want to play the game.
I always have to bandage it seems, and I can only get 10 per x vp now? WOW!

I understand this is all beta right now, and as you said the beta can last awhile. Well, I see there are roughly 15 pages of post with people saying they are disgusted and angry with EA/DICE/Ben Cousins, with all by say 4 or less (I pretty much read each one, something I don't normaly do when I'm in a forums area (or for that matter post))

You set this community up to discuss changes, you now realize there are changes that need to be made. Do it!
01-12-2009, 02:06 AM | Post: #304
Bisonator 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Hi guys - that interview is from February 2008 I think - we've been selling weapons for both BF and VP for a while now - nothing changed there today. If you remember we made the standard weapons available permanently for BF in closed beta. These new weapons are no different - they are available for free with VP and they are available permanently for BF (actually at a price that was lower than before).

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy. Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.

If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se
What I Heard Wrote:"Boo hoo! EA laid off 16% of their workforce! That means EVERYONE at DICE got laid off, and then some! We had to hire people just to fire them!"

You had me going up until that little bit about EA laying off 16% of its work force. Just because EA laid off workers, doesn't mean DICE lost half their force. Simple math for everyone. 16% of 30 people is what? Yeah thats right, about 3.5 people. Nice try at making us feel sowwy for you, but honestly. There were other places that got hit A LOT harder than Dice did. (I know you probably have more than 30 people, that was just for illustrative purposes)

Also, Analysis is one thing. Ever try asking the community what would be fair? I mean lets be honest here. The players are who give you your money. If they aren't happy, you don't make money. Why would you go ahead and do stuff that makes your cash income slow down?

01-12-2009, 02:21 AM | Post: #305
FullStrikeZ 
I think too ever the same: VP is to play and BF is to have more fun!!!

EA fail

[Image: kSR2dXkT9S.png]

modde Wrote:Dank dir vielmals. Auch für dein Support im Forum. Super! Wink

Players-Environment Official
01-12-2009, 02:25 AM | Post: #306
cheesewoo 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP

I'm just curious, but where did you get the "analysis".
Also, I think majority of the people with alot of VP wanted not more expensive items of what everyone already has, but more items purchasable with VP for them.

01-12-2009, 02:33 AM | Post: #307
PetcoFiend 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Hi guys - that interview is from February 2008 I think - we've been selling weapons for both BF and VP for a while now - nothing changed there today. If you remember we made the standard weapons available permanently for BF in closed beta. These new weapons are no different - they are available for free with VP and they are available permanently for BF (actually at a price that was lower than before).

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy. Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.

If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

Wanna know why people have unused VP? No one wants to have 0VP on their account. I use them in small amounts for bandages and weapons, but not for the supreme bandages that have been raised in prices. No justification there...

The new weapon is ONLY STRONGER than its counterpart and is more expensive (but cheaper with BFs). No justification there...

So the millions of dollars made by this game didn't help it? Does the company need more money or do you need more in your pocket? No justification there...

New FREE content? Like what? The new map that is a bunch of re-used textures with an added sunset? The new weapons that are NEEDED to be bought by BFs to warrant usage? No justification there...

I fail to see your point. Re-iterate please?

01-12-2009, 02:37 AM | Post: #308
Freeze-18 
lol is this a joke?

For 1350 VP I can buy an 3 day weapon that mops up the floor of other weapons.

Or I can spend 560 BF to get it permanently?

LOL?

Let me reiterate.

LOL?

Smile
01-12-2009, 02:59 AM | Post: #309
OneTyme 
(30-11-2009 02:23 PM)Freeheek Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 02:19 PM)TheFatNerd Wrote:  The only question is: Forgetting or ignoring?

lets kick all the tier weapon users from our server. they will go whine on the forum and dice has an extra task to deal with them. sooner or later things will get normal Big Grin

That's actually a great idea!!!

[Image: onetymesig1.jpg]
01-12-2009, 03:03 AM | Post: #310
Adrenaline895 
I'm laughing my butt off because where are they moderators? anyone seen U2 or anyone else lol
Its fun to watch a fanbase collapse in a matter of hours Big Grin Smile Tongue

01-12-2009, 03:11 AM | Post: #311
kriegtrooper95 

( i apologiese if someone said this beforeTongue)
i understand why u would do this but why would u shorten the amount of time u can have a vp item from a month (at the longest) to three days Huh

[Image: 4rbwf24r.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 03:13 AM by kriegtrooper95.)
01-12-2009, 03:11 AM | Post: #312
thecrazyman96 
This is the last straw! after the gunner over buff and the commando nerf THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!! >Sad i quit until this is back to normal ( if ever) i hade planned on buying $20 of Bf's for Xmas, NO MORE!

[Image: awesome20.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 03:12 AM by thecrazyman96.)
01-12-2009, 03:12 AM | Post: #313
SupremeT
BOOOO BEN COUSINS!!!
01-12-2009, 03:15 AM | Post: #314
[N2D]Red
(01-12-2009 12:32 AM)golf1052 Wrote:  Everybody calm down. First of you can buy the new weapon for VP. Second the BF:H has to make money. They will always keeps the game free and there will always be free stuff and people who play for free will never have a disadvantage in weapons. I can see why everything is so expensive for VP. The BF:H team is saying if you want to have weapons buy then with BF so you dont have to buy them again. If every weapon was 140 BF for unlimited and you only bought 2 weapons for each person you would only have to spend 1120 BF for your weapons needs. Never have to use VP again is you always use the same weapons. Remember 1 BF cost 0.00714 of a cent. So one weapon costs 0.998 cents! THE BF:H TEAM IS SELLING STUFF FOR NOTHING! I cant buy Battlefunds so im happy that the game will stay free. Even if one weapon for one day goes to 200 VP i will keep playing.

Please go burn yourself in a hole. You're the most idiotic person I've seen on these forums.
01-12-2009, 03:15 AM | Post: #315
Slytrrek2 
Seriously, WTF were they thinking, how can anybody be this greedy and stubborn?
Ben Cousins is just a blatant liar.

(01-12-2009 03:15 AM)0x5b;N2D0x5d;Red Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 12:32 AM)golf1052 Wrote:  Everybody calm down. First of you can buy the new weapon for VP. Second the BF:H has to make money. They will always keeps the game free and there will always be free stuff and people who play for free will never have a disadvantage in weapons. I can see why everything is so expensive for VP. The BF:H team is saying if you want to have weapons buy then with BF so you dont have to buy them again. If every weapon was 140 BF for unlimited and you only bought 2 weapons for each person you would only have to spend 1120 BF for your weapons needs. Never have to use VP again is you always use the same weapons. Remember 1 BF cost 0.00714 of a cent. So one weapon costs 0.998 cents! THE BF:H TEAM IS SELLING STUFF FOR NOTHING! I cant buy Battlefunds so im happy that the game will stay free. Even if one weapon for one day goes to 200 VP i will keep playing.

Please go burn yourself in a hole. You're the most idiotic person I've seen on these forums.

Indeed.

yeah

Thanks to swoledaddyblue, Welsh-Fury, !Conorman!, Ganlin, Foxat, Gotreck, uRbsAllday, caveman2006, ForeverNMan, quicksilv3rhero, Groonz, Dredned, Feroxa 08 and Pitchshifter for donations/giveaways.
Epic thanks to Kheemono.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 03:17 AM by Slytrrek2.)
01-12-2009, 03:16 AM | Post: #316
Hiroytuza 
WTF is happening??
U just ruined the game!!!
EA epic FAIL!!

[Image: 2]
01-12-2009, 03:27 AM | Post: #317
BareBear 
(30-11-2009 02:23 PM)Freeheek Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 02:19 PM)TheFatNerd Wrote:  The only question is: Forgetting or ignoring?

lets kick all the tier weapon users from our server. they will go whine on the forum and dice has an extra task to deal with them. sooner or later things will get normal Big Grin

The best idea I have heard yet. Use the machine against itself.
01-12-2009, 03:28 AM | Post: #318
OneTyme 
He doesn't realize that not everyone wants to play this game for 5 years in which would be the only way to make spending that much money for unlimited guns, unlimited clothes, and widgets worth it. They took lessons from Combat Arms when it came to buying stuff with in-game money and not real money. Although, CA doesn't give a player an advantage for spending real money.....hmmmmm.....COMBAT ARMS!!!! I'm coming back to YOUR battlefield, and leaving this crappy war over here at EA!!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 03:31 AM by OneTyme.)
01-12-2009, 03:30 AM | Post: #319
OneTyme 
Maybe someone should call that dude that Ben was interviewed by and give him the story about how it was all lies and how the game is now. I'm sure that would be a good story for a reporter.

01-12-2009, 03:51 AM | Post: #320
zeffyr 
I agree in all ways with U guys. I'm totally derailed. I'm thinking about quitting playing BF:H... Sad, but what's the point in playing with standard weapons with no bandages at all? And please, explain me: HOW WILL I PLAY MY GUNNER WITHOUT TANKBUSTER? What's the point of plaing gunner with TNT?! That's the question of the year!

P.S.: Note that doing tankbuster's missions when I can't afford tankbuster is kinda hard to do.