Hello There, Guest!

30-11-2009, 05:30 PM | Post: #141
Steamroll 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Hi guys - that interview is from February 2008 I think - we've been selling weapons for both BF and VP for a while now - nothing changed there today. If you remember we made the standard weapons available permanently for BF in closed beta. These new weapons are no different - they are available for free with VP and they are available permanently for BF (actually at a price that was lower than before).

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy. Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.

If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

total ********. You guys at EA are idiots. BAN me... i don't care anymore. I buy BF constantly. BUT im fed uo with you guys with todays patch. TO FORCE US TO BUY BF TO GET WEAPONS IS MORE THEN ENOUGH. 430VP for 3day??? WHAT THE F4CK?!

[Image: sigcopye.png]

Sig made by Astro
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 05:31 PM | Post: #142
CrySpy 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

Sent. I forgto to say who I am, but it is from rc_chris93.

[Image: 6650986.png]

Forum rules!
Forum FAQs! How to report! Epic win! Signature rules! User fixes!

I was a community moderator, not an official EA representative

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 05:31 PM | Post: #143
ReggaeG 
orginal from interview:

question: how do you keep the balance if you can buy upgrates and weapons?
answer: you won´t be able to buy guns!

Ben Cousins that was an epic fail Angry

sry for my poor english
(again the proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVq5HLHgCzA)

so you need money to keep poor EA alive? fine so how about clearing out thoose hacker noobs or fix your poor new matchmaking before even think of forcing all bf players to buy weapons with real money to be able to not get pwned by some 8 yr old who has dadys credid card?

[Image: sigtestcopycn51rzqdsu.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 05:36 PM by ReggaeG.)
30-11-2009, 05:32 PM | Post: #144
BHuysman 
I dont think BF buyers are gonna like this, since their are now gods they cannot loos from not BF buyers the game will get very boring soon and will mady not buy them annymore just to get a good competion.
I think the game is now more about money than strategy or skills, so yes EA failed.
30-11-2009, 05:32 PM | Post: #145
mariO_o 
I switch to Team-Fortress 2, byebye EA.

[Image: 9]
30-11-2009, 05:35 PM | Post: #146
Mahtan 
so due the financial problem everybody is having this is happening but still we have late updates, fixes, features the worse hackers resolve method and you need to collect evidence like if you are a CSI and get commando with level 5 stealth because they are cheap enough to not implement and LOG system to track every-player patcher like most of the MMO games, but we have to consider them and get used to new system???? Give us something too.... and no, no new maps.

[Image: 4]
Stomp´em in the nuts
30-11-2009, 05:36 PM | Post: #147
BHuysman 
Here is my theory.
The new matchmaking system is design for less servers.
They now many players are going to leave the game so they have to buy less servers.
30-11-2009, 05:38 PM | Post: #148
StormWingsK 
1) this game is free ! ( for now ) = lie
2) battlefounds are for guys who cant play much or just for nice outfit... = truth
3) This is nice game = total lie
This game is full of bugs and cheaters... strange me and my friend reported lot of cheaters ( this day too ) AND *** THEY ARE STILL PLAYING

[Image: yoxz5.jpg]
30-11-2009, 05:39 PM | Post: #149
Galleonfire 
omfg im so sorry i paid for this game!!!!!!!! im gone suckers ea suck if they do this to battleforge too ill throw my sims out of the window

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 05:41 PM by Galleonfire.)
30-11-2009, 05:39 PM | Post: #150
Awkness 
oh lol

30-11-2009, 05:40 PM | Post: #151
GameofDeath
(30-11-2009 05:12 PM)Miguel_Orozco Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 05:00 PM)GameofDeath Wrote:  Jesus christ This IS getting way to personal
sez the f-wit who hasnt spent a $1.00 on the game.....

It Became Personal when they ripped me off over 175 + dollar's over the last 2 mounth's alone

They have got to realise I aint in th habit OF LETTING JUNKIE"S RIP ME OFF AND GET AWAY WITH IT

SO you take your way to personal Comment and Quote"shove it up ben cousin's but hole"

I want them to know

I aint afraid of them of there god damn money becaiuse I aint got to much to lose anny way

BUT THEY HAD BETTER REALISE FAST THEVE STOLEN FROM ME AND I AINT GONNA FORGET IT

I Loved the way they lied(AGAIN) on twiter about the update aswell

QUOTE' ........."WE ARE JUST MAKING SOME ADJUSTMENT"S TO THE MATCHMAKING PROCESS
BATTLE FIELD SHOULD BE BACK UP IN ABOUT 2 HRS"........... UNQUOTE

COUSIN's IS A HABITUAL LIER
(He LIed ABout leaving his car(With girlfriend left in it mind you) at a police r/b test and was found guilty Of It IN COURT)

BUT YET MIRACULASY DIDNT RECIVE THE MANDATORY SIX MOUNTH's JIAL LIKE ALL OF US WOULD

HE WAS GIVEN COMMUNITY WORK..True FACT if YOU DONT BELIVE ME GOOGLE IT OR WHATEVER YOU CPU NERD"S DO TO FIND THIS STUFF...

IT AINT SLANDER WHEN IT"S THE TRUTH Matey ..
I HAVE HAD DEALING's WITH THE LAW BEFORE MATE OK HAVE YOU..

Well I understand, as a paying customer you're more likely to be upset, you've invested much more than I have into the game. If you really are that dissapointed then take action, if you believe you can, which assuming EA's legal representatives aren't braindead cows, you can't.
There's definitely something in their ToS that protects them in events like this.
Good luck though.

Dood you sound so much like one of the people ive pounded in a pub.....

You talk all this and that ok then when you make the gorrila angry

you then try to threaton the gorrila some more with legal's action...lol

then you get your face smashed in worse than if you just took your pounding like a man

You Need to realise something most rich people DONT
Some PEOPLE ARNT AFRAID OF PRISON OK KILLER
SO DONT THINK LAWYER"S CAN ALWAY"S PROTECT YOU OK

IN FACKT SLAMMIN WUSS BUT IN THE CAN DONT BOTHER ME(STILL BETTER THAN A WANK)

He could have every lawyer on eath to stand in front of him and as all public personality's know anny number or person can be got........HE STOLE FROM ME AND IM NOT HAPPY

NOW STOP POSTING MY THREAD"S BECUASE YOU ARE BEGIUNNING TO ENRAGE ME BEYOND THE JOKE... I THINK I JUST WANT OUT OF THIS GAME AND NEVER COME BACK

IM JUST MAD BECUAS IT WAS THE BEST FUKIN GAME EVER MADE TILL TO-NITE

(And THEY DONT GIVE A F.U.C.K THAT THE MASSES ONCE AGAIN PAY FOR THE COSEN FEW)

I bouth a gold weapon a royal shot gun a hour beforre the update now some usless rich BAS>TARD WILL MAKE ME OWN BECAUSE HE HAS AN UBER SHOOTY I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A HALF HOUR LATER FOR LESS

(THEY ADVERTIZE GETR THE TURKY B/F BENIFIT's WHILE THERE HERE)
I DID THIS LIKE A F.U.K.N IDIOT TRYING TO SUPPORT THEM AND GAME
then They dont say that thel be obselete in a week or two hour's for that matter..In MY CASE ?

zLIKE I SAID I AINT GIONG TO JAIL OVER A GAME YET I DONT THINK SO JUST STOP REPOSTING MY THREAD"S WITH YOUR PIONTLESS PI.S>SING ME OFF ARGUE TREAD"S OK MATE.

CANT YOU REALISE IM ALLREADY ANGRY ENOUGH RIGHT NOW OR YOU GOTTA PUSH OT ALL SOME MORE DO YOU.

I AM OUT "ITS PIONTLESS ANNY WAY AS THEY PLAIN OLD DONT GIVE A F.U.C.K...................

YOU GUY"S LEARNED ME A VAULUABLE LESSON HERE IN THE BF:H EXPERIMENT

NEVER SPEND A CENT ON ANNY THING ONLINE AGAIN
(See EVEN A TOOTHLESS CRIM CAN LEARN A NEW LESSON ,BUT NOT BEN COUSIN's He TO BLINDED BY$$$$$$$$$$$$)
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 05:46 PM by GameofDeath.)
30-11-2009, 05:41 PM | Post: #152
Heroes4ever 
Now after a few hours I think its not a good decision but i understand it. The wourld is all about money (sounds cruel but its true).
But this will realy hurt the game no new lvl 15 players at lvl 30 you will have enougth opponents anyways.

But as we in germany say "Geld regiert die welt"
translated "Money reigns the world"

[Image: 1]

Want new cool free T-Shirts? Check out this suggestion.
30-11-2009, 05:42 PM | Post: #153
Bucz 
(30-11-2009 05:32 PM)mariO_o Wrote:  I switch to Team-Fortress 2, byebye EA.

I'm too.

EA please just delete this weapons and turn back old prices . Thanks

Sorry for my bad english.

30-11-2009, 05:43 PM | Post: #154
Beiswenger 
Jeeze!... Jack up the prices why don't you!? Going from a whole month to 4 days!?... What if you are some one who isn't a very good player who doesn't get VP missions very often eh?... How are we supposed to pay for them!... I mean you have an oufit that is over 1000 VPs!!! That would be ridiculous!

With this you practically nerfed every player in the game! I know you need to pay your employees but you could you PLEASE find some middle ground on the pricing!?... You even got rid of the middle of the road widgets, and now since you have pratically forced people to buy them for the advantage you are going back on your original mission. <..> I will still play since it is still a good game on the basics... but boy you took a big hit with the sudden change.

[Image: 2]
30-11-2009, 05:43 PM | Post: #155
Dezimator 
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234...c_Fail.jpg
30-11-2009, 05:43 PM | Post: #156
BHuysman 
Whats nexts, maps where you have to buy for.
Maby, i will never trust EA anymore!
30-11-2009, 05:43 PM | Post: #157
Kazoe 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Hi guys - that interview is from February 2008 I think - we've been selling weapons for both BF and VP for a while now - nothing changed there today. If you remember we made the standard weapons available permanently for BF in closed beta. These new weapons are no different - they are available for free with VP and they are available permanently for BF (actually at a price that was lower than before).

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy. Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.

If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

u do this like: yeeeah we can buy the thing for free, what we want more from u guys!
but its no like that. u are masters of converting your words
for all my 7 months of loyal playing (and 8 days of playtime) milking VP
i can get that Ubers just for 6 days. then il get owned by stupid little kiddies who are rich, i dont like that, u conservatives.

as of VP prices...man, only nolifers who actualy play the game for 8 hours a day got innormal ammount of VP like 34k VP and such
man, actauly i barely kept supplying myself with the bandage, wrenches and weapons i liked, i got 2 heroes to supply and i want to experiment with new weapons and such too, and that costs VP. : /
at the end i started milk 50 VP a day for almolst not using wrenches, using lvl 1 bandages just to stop the poison running in my veins and the fire that raged on my flesh.
man, please, return the VP standart and the make the wrenchee and widgets at all to be VP... 140 VP for 10 bandages...no i wont pay that high price for that.

[Image: Zaforuma2.JPG]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 05:49 PM by Kazoe.)
30-11-2009, 05:43 PM | Post: #158
HelloAndy Go to next important person...
(30-11-2009 05:09 PM)Keb01 Wrote:  http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/av...20-in-game and remember, there are 2 millions+ accounts... so 20$ x 2 millions? economical crysis *cry*

I don't know how many times we've tried to tell you that they got those figures totally wrong. Even if I don't remember the correct amount, it was the average *spending* player.

Developer, Graphic artist, and friend Heart
[Image: 54823763.png]
30-11-2009, 05:44 PM | Post: #159
StormWingsK 
My first gameplay was good, i was happy... new lvls, friends, fun
but game was boring, then i finded new game, and im plaing it sometimes when bfh get bored...
but now this game dont make me happy... im playing still beacouse i have friends here...
Thats beacouse im still playing this game - friends ( and hope maybe too )
sry for english

[Image: yoxz5.jpg]
30-11-2009, 05:44 PM | Post: #160
Keb01 
Quote:Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

how many people have a lot of vp? what is "a lot of vp"? and what about people who DON'T have a lot of vp? EA, can you answer this please?

[Image: eafailed.png]