Hello There, Guest!

30-11-2009, 04:56 PM | Post: #81
Shriek 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Hi guys - that interview is from February 2008 I think - we've been selling weapons for both BF and VP for a while now - nothing changed there today. If you remember we made the standard weapons available permanently for BF in closed beta. These new weapons are no different - they are available for free with VP and they are available permanently for BF (actually at a price that was lower than before).

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy. Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.

If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

yeaaaaaaa its avaiable for vp . FOR 64684164646878487848 VP -.- U DONT GET IT , THERE ARE GUYS OUT THERE WHO DANT TO PAY FOR THIS GAME !

[Image: 4]

1 4m 31173 ! U mu57 und3!2574nd!
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 04:57 PM | Post: #82
BoMb. 
Quote:Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

i have 81 VP atm and i guess just 3 guys have over 10.000 VPs.
im not able to play this game anymore cause i cant buy weapons.

i spent 70 € on this game, more than i would spend on this game if it would not be "free2play"

But: Just give us a "delete my account" (and f*** DICE) button and we are happy.
30-11-2009, 04:57 PM | Post: #83
RoTide 
(30-11-2009 04:54 PM)Krazor Wrote:  Oh guys please... Don't try to ruin the game... EA now have very bad time, if you read the news, they had to fire lot of people of their team, and so on...

NOW PLAY AND HAVE FUN CAUS IT's FREE AND SHUT UP.

So may things wrong with this post..

1) EA/DICE has ruined this game, not us.
2) Would a company give us slack if we "have very bad time"? No, why should we give them a break?
3) The game stopped being free when you had to _purchase_ weapons to remain competitive.

[Image: 2hdbg5f.png]

Huge Nerfs, Huge Buffs, Perpetual Beta, Re-releasing "Exclusive" Content Money Grabbing, Paid-for Advantages, Rental Server Admin Rights Revoked, Hackers Everywhere. Do you need more reasons to dislike EA?
30-11-2009, 04:57 PM | Post: #84
JoaoBertazza1 
Hey ben... I didn't like it: guy, TEN widgets for 120 VP??? This is becoming injust, and i hope you make something: i e-mailed you, and if i said something wrong, im sorry. I became mad with that...

<Sorry for the english
Brazilian here>

30-11-2009, 04:58 PM | Post: #85
Intruder(FIN) 
Good to see at least few people here still has some mental capability.
Yes this is free game, you don't have to spend any money unless you want to.
You don't have to spend any VP unless you want to.
So wheres the problem? So what if some gun costs like 500 for one hour.

[Image: 3]
30-11-2009, 04:58 PM | Post: #86
ksaimodo 
[Image: FAIL-Cats-We-shall-decide.jpg]

[Image: 6ocx76.png]

Feel the pain, the Real pain.
30-11-2009, 04:58 PM | Post: #87
Mahtan 
(30-11-2009 04:57 PM)RoTide Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 04:54 PM)Krazor Wrote:  Oh guys please... Don't try to ruin the game... EA now have very bad time, if you read the news, they had to fire lot of people of their team, and so on...

So may things wrong with this post..

1) EA/DICE has ruined this game, not us.
2) Would a company give us slack if we "have very bad time"? No, why should we give them a break?
3) The game stopped being free when you had to _purchase_ BUGGED weapons to remain competitive.

Fixed, rpg still bugged

[Image: 4]
Stomp´em in the nuts
30-11-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #88
archzilla 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  ...snip...

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

..snip...

Really? I'd like to see that. I don't have much extra vp, in fact I have 2 characters that I made specifically to grind to level 10ish with a vpboost to refill my vp. I don't personally know anyone who has a big stockpile of vp other than I think dirtnap had quite a bit.

Of course he made a thread a while ago explaining how the vp system was broken back then and he would soon run out with no missions to do and no leveling to do.

So you increased prices to the point that the only people who can continue to use vp are those with 10000 or more? What percentage of your playerbase does that account for? I would bet its pretty small, and everyone else is now faced with either ponying up bf or playing with inferior default weapons.

[Image: 2]

#bfh-scrim on irc.quakenet.org
30-11-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #89
Malvarlo 
I loved(d) this game, it's laid back (well, used to be) takes no time to pick up, but a long time to perfect.

I honestly don't mind that new weapons are being released for BF, 90% of the free to play online games I know of have items available only to those who pay money which gives them a slight advantage.

What does cause me grief is the fact that the VP pricing has gone nuts, I don't play this all the time, so don't have a huge amount of VP stockpiled. In a week all of my VP would be used up and it would then take me god knows how long to get enough to actually purchase another weapon.

I really can't see a point playing a game that would take me a month to get enough funds (in this case VP) to own a weapon for 3 days. If the developers were concerned about the "stockpile" of VP people have surely it would have been more prudent to just increase the amount of VP items cost, so a month of 1 weapon would cost say 350VP.

As an aside, I wonder how many of those people who have stockpiled VP are people who have little need of it as they've bought everything they need for BF?

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=f16a8d84eeff9b...f4aec12cb3]
30-11-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #90
TheJacklil 
I guess it is true nothing is free at the end of the day, well i had a good run thanks 4 messing up the whole idea of the game (free) this game will cost me more than a normal game too keep playing. This has turned into a spoiled noob fest. Ill rather play mine sweeper.

[Image: 1]
30-11-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #91
yoyorickill 
for VP you can get bandages, wrenches, lend weapons and some clothes (like me). you just buy everything for a month and play the game. then you make your VP back. so like me, i buy everything and i play and almost everytime i got 1000 VP points. just because of earning them back. but this high prices are just stupid, if i want to het a weapon for a week i almost lost all of my VP. so it's terrible this prices, and by the way a lot of people can't buy battlefunds because they don't have money or a creditcard like every player from 10 to 18? so duhhhhhhh.

[Image: 5]
30-11-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #92
Wilart 

is this our fault that they thought a idiot like mark jacobs can make a wow killer, this idiot dont know anything about daoc so, how the hell should he bring warhammer online to a good end. bad game = no money.. easy easy
30-11-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #93
MuTziLLa 
[Image: 633509779629743230-don%27t-lie---you%27d-hit-it.jpg]

Honourable Hero
30-11-2009, 05:00 PM | Post: #94
Obode 

Are you daft ? Yes Ea screwd up by buying up to many B-rated companies, and they got bit in the ass for it... and now they want us to reimburse them for the loses they got based on theyr foolish action... dude seriously wake up.

EA screwd these companies by buying them ( they knew they would have to cut personel ), now theyr trying to screw us aswell.. either you bend over and let them, or you object. simple rly.
30-11-2009, 05:00 PM | Post: #95
PizzanCake 
Well they sure got away from their original idea on a real nerd rage switch click way.

[Image: 2z9i0hz.png]

Cry havoc and let slip, the dogs of war
30-11-2009, 05:00 PM | Post: #96
GameofDeath
(30-11-2009 04:21 PM)Miguel_Orozco Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 04:19 PM)GameofDeath Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 04:02 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Nope, and we never expected to make a profit on ads alone.

But What about you meth amphetmine side biusness ben
that must make you heaps
+ all you take's from the Ladie's of the night youd control with your bike mate's ect

plus your an AFL footballer there's a 110k a year p.i.s.s.e.d in no problem's

the travesty of the world is

THE RICH WILL ALWAY'S CRY POOR (just like you are now ben)

You Are A junkie crackhead who just never know's when a rip has gotten out of hand like all junkie's

Remeber benno once a junkie always a junkie or did you forget that...

I Didnt and wont forget it about you
(Remeber boy;s n girls were talking to the man=
who was the last person to see chriss mainwering alive........)he bought him some hungry jack's

But then mainwering droped dead from a cocktail of drug's ...

your a clever boy ben but your not to clever for me..........

I seen your type of joke before and it aint funny..........................Angry

Jesus Christ!
This is getting way too personal.
Please, be a little more respectful.

Jesus christ This IS getting way to personal
sez the f-wit who hasnt spent a $1.00 on the game.....

It Became Personal when they ripped me off over 175 + dollar's over the last 2 mounth's alone

They have got to realise I aint in th habit OF LETTING JUNKIE"S RIP ME OFF AND GET AWAY WITH IT

SO you take your way to personal Comment and Quote"shove it up ben cousin's but hole"

I want them to know

I aint afraid of them of there god damn money becaiuse I aint got to much to lose anny way

BUT THEY HAD BETTER REALISE FAST THEVE STOLEN FROM ME AND I AINT GONNA FORGET IT

I Loved the way they lied(AGAIN) on twiter about the update aswell

QUOTE' ........."WE ARE JUST MAKING SOME ADJUSTMENT"S TO THE MATCHMAKING PROCESS
BATTLE FIELD SHOULD BE BACK UP IN ABOUT 2 HRS"........... UNQUOTE

COUSIN's IS A HABITUAL LIER
(He LIed ABout leaving his car(With girlfriend left in it mind you) at a police r/b test and was found guilty Of It IN COURT)

BUT YET MIRACULASY DIDNT RECIVE THE MANDATORY SIX MOUNTH's JIAL LIKE ALL OF US WOULD

HE WAS GIVEN COMMUNITY WORK..True FACT if YOU DONT BELIVE ME GOOGLE IT OR WHATEVER YOU CPU NERD"S DO TO FIND THIS STUFF...

IT AINT SLANDER WHEN IT"S THE TRUTH Matey ..
I HAVE HAD DEALING's WITH THE LAW BEFORE MATE OK HAVE YOU..
30-11-2009, 05:01 PM | Post: #97
Dezimator 
(30-11-2009 04:57 PM)RoTide Wrote:  2) Would a company give us slack if we "have very bad time"? No, why should we give them a break?
word

my second quote on you today xP
30-11-2009, 05:01 PM | Post: #98
Sn0wboardfreak 
[Image: eafailed.png]

[Image: siggij.png]

"I'm NOT an Official EA representative."

30-11-2009, 05:01 PM | Post: #99
Krazor 
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

It wasn't a good idea to post your e-mail here... raged community will eat your e-mail account.

[Image: sigxf.png]
30-11-2009, 05:02 PM | Post: #100
kawabounga 
I think that Ben Cousins Failed..........

Kawabounga !
[Image: 2h2jea1.jpg]

-----View my profile page HERE !-----Rate my Heroes HERE ! -----Check my Alt/girlfriend profile page HERE! Heart !-----