Hello There, Guest!

30-11-2009, 04:11 PM | Post: #41
MaximDestroy 
(30-11-2009 02:10 PM)Mr.Zero Wrote:  You can buy the new weapons with VP too, but you have to buy a VP boost to get enough VP for using a uber weaopn for a week

Man have you read what you have said? I'm a soldier and i buy three weps, close smg, very long pistol and single grenade, 150x3=450vp, WTF i need to pay 450vp each day to use my weapons!! and stop using wrenches or bandages because they are more expensive than weapons, this is just to get more money EA, i was going to buy more bf today, but with that new changes i wont buy them anymore
big fail...

Click to sign!
[Image: 5d2k9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 04:13 PM | Post: #42
csoldier777 
And may be a few might start thinking (who never thought of hacking so far in life). Why cant we take some revenge on EA??

Its possible, right??

[Image: 1]
30-11-2009, 04:16 PM | Post: #43
Gonz 
BF HEROS IS going to lose alot of players... its sad that such a good game is under the control of the IRS! xD

[Image: 2]
30-11-2009, 04:18 PM | Post: #44
Obode 
how about the fact that the excepted number of paying customers is closer to 50% then the 5% you predicted ? still you feel the need to exploit them ? I can easily get approx number of income based on the my own bf usage, and the amount of players not to mention the fact that you charged europeans about 40% more then americans.

I highly doubt you were ever in any danger of not having your wages paid, and I hardly belive you have a "big team" based on the progress speed and the fact that it was discussed earlier that you only had a single person working on maps ..

It makes me sick to my stomach to see you come here and claim that it was needed to pay your wages, we both know your turning a nice profit... and fact is if anything your new widget prices will cause a drop in earnings not a jump like you money hungry fools hope..

You your self claimed that there would not be a advantage for paying customeers, no mather what you say that is still bait and switch, as a other member of the community of nicely pointed out earlier.

And you try to defend it by saying you've always had bf buyable weapons, yes you have but the weapons have always been easily obtained by Vp users aswell, as such you stayed within the restrictions you gave your self when you claimed that you would not give Bf users and advantage.

Its quite clear sucsess has gone to your head and the ugly face of true greed has finally shown it self.. this is not an acceptable way of doing business, then again I am not suprised seeing as EA are involved.

Save the ******** for your plants ty.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:24 PM by Obode.)
30-11-2009, 04:19 PM | Post: #45
GameofDeath
(30-11-2009 04:02 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Nope, and we never expected to make a profit on ads alone.

But What about you meth amphetmine side biusness ben
that must make you heaps
+ all you take's from the Ladie's of the night youd control with your bike mate's ect

plus your an AFL footballer there's a 110k a year p.i.s.s.e.d in no problem's

the travesty of the world is

THE RICH WILL ALWAY'S CRY POOR (just like you are now ben)

You Are A junkie crackhead who just never know's when a rip has gotten out of hand like all junkie's

Remeber benno once a junkie always a junkie or did you forget that...

I Didnt and wont forget it about you
(Remeber boy;s n girls were talking to the man=
who was the last person to see chriss mainwering alive........)he bought him some hungry jack's

But then mainwering droped dead from a cocktail of drug's ...

your a clever boy ben but your not to clever for me..........

I seen your type of joke before and it aint funny..........................Angry
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:19 PM by GameofDeath.)
30-11-2009, 04:21 PM | Post: #46
Skatch13 
"Keep in mind this interview was a looong time ago, especially in internet time. As time goes on trends develop and mature, situations change.

Where we once had a dream, as Ben described it, we now see we need to do more from our side and we need more support from your side.

We are continuously evaluating the Store, the player economy, how people play the game, what content we provide you with and more.

It's also important to note that you get things for free:

* Four Hero slots, to try out the different classes
* Default weapons, which given skill you can still pwn with, as much as you want
* We will likely keep bringing you new maps, the latest one is just around the corner
* You also get enough Valor Points to start with to try out other different things in the game

Coming back down to Planet Realistic, you have to consider that we cannot go on providing a certain amount of free content, without a certain amount of reciprocity. Making a game - and if you're honest, you have to ascribe quite some quality and service to Battlefield Heroes - doesn't come cheap.

Also don't forget that you get a very talented and dedicated team of developers, programmers, artists, community and more. How much can anyone expect to get completely free?

We want to keep going strong and keep giving you more fun, more content, more community spirit, more awesome; isn't that what you want? Or do you want to be the one who screams the loudest, that he isn't get enough stuff for free?"

This is Goodmans quote on the issue. It says nothing about people having to much VP. Quite frankly it says that you folks need more money. So that kinda throws your whole people have to much VP thing outta the water.

[Image: image.php?u=16&type=sigpic&a...1250231498]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:23 PM by Skatch13.)
30-11-2009, 04:21 PM | Post: #47
Miguel_Orozco 
(30-11-2009 04:19 PM)GameofDeath Wrote:  
(30-11-2009 04:02 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Nope, and we never expected to make a profit on ads alone.

But What about you meth amphetmine side biusness ben
that must make you heaps
+ all you take's from the Ladie's of the night youd control with your bike mate's ect

plus your an AFL footballer there's a 110k a year p.i.s.s.e.d in no problem's

the travesty of the world is

THE RICH WILL ALWAY'S CRY POOR (just like you are now ben)

You Are A junkie crackhead who just never know's when a rip has gotten out of hand like all junkie's

Remeber benno once a junkie always a junkie or did you forget that...

I Didnt and wont forget it about you
(Remeber boy;s n girls were talking to the man=
who was the last person to see chriss mainwering alive........)he bought him some hungry jack's

But then mainwering droped dead from a cocktail of drug's ...

your a clever boy ben but your not to clever for me..........

I seen your type of joke before and it aint funny..........................Angry

Jesus Christ!
This is getting way too personal.
Please, be a little more respectful.

(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:22 PM by Miguel_Orozco.)
30-11-2009, 04:26 PM | Post: #48
GameofDeath
(30-11-2009 04:21 PM)Skatch13 Wrote:  "Keep in mind this interview was a looong time ago, especially in internet time. As time goes on trends develop and mature, situations change.

Where we once had a dream, as Ben described it, we now see we need to do more from our side and we need more support from your side.

We are continuously evaluating the Store, the player economy, how people play the game, what content we provide you with and more.

It's also important to note that you get things for free:

* Four Hero slots, to try out the different classes
* Default weapons, which given skill you can still pwn with, as much as you want
* We will likely keep bringing you new maps, the latest one is just around the corner
* You also get enough Valor Points to start with to try out other different things in the game

Coming back down to Planet Realistic, you have to consider that we cannot go on providing a certain amount of free content, without a certain amount of reciprocity. Making a game - and if you're honest, you have to ascribe quite some quality and service to Battlefield Heroes - doesn't come cheap.

Also don't forget that you get a very talented and dedicated team of developers, programmers, artists, community and more. How much can anyone expect to get completely free?

We want to keep going strong and keep giving you more fun, more content, more community spirit, more awesome; isn't that what you want? Or do you want to be the one who screams the loudest, that he isn't get enough stuff for free?"

This is Goodmans quote on the issue. It says nothing about people having to much VP. Quite frankly it says that you folks need more money. So that kinda throws your whole people have to much VP thing outta the water.

*removed, discuss in a mature manner please, insulting and abusing other forum members is not the way to go*
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 10:32 AM by ShadeShooter.)
30-11-2009, 04:26 PM | Post: #49
Obode 
Your completly correct, we should blame god for the bf change... attacking the dev team is just to personal... give it a rest.. theyve deserved every comment they got coming to them today..
30-11-2009, 04:30 PM | Post: #50
HerrVonFock 
(30-11-2009 04:13 PM)csoldier777 Wrote:  And may be a few might start thinking (who never thought of hacking so far in life). Why cant we take some revenge on EA??

Its possible, right??

Fire up some torrents and seed like crazy i suppose.

I pressed the button
[Image: cousinsd.jpg]
30-11-2009, 04:30 PM | Post: #51
GameofDeath
(30-11-2009 04:26 PM)Obode Wrote:  Your completly correct, we should blame god for the bf change... attacking the dev team is just to personal... give it a rest.. theyve deserved every comment they got coming to them today..

Because you asked so nice ok im out...Angry

i dont want to go to jail over a fukin game anny way really........
30-11-2009, 04:31 PM | Post: #52
Mountain_Goat 
i'm sorry, but what about the people who only play for a few hours a week? i don't have 40,000VP. I have 460, which is apparently only enough to buy a machine gun.. for 3 days. wow.

getting rid of all of the bandages and wrenches that aren't 'supreme' was a super low blow, too.

[Image: huehuehuehuehueheuheu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:31 PM by Mountain_Goat.)
30-11-2009, 04:32 PM | Post: #53
Miguel_Orozco 
(30-11-2009 04:26 PM)Obode Wrote:  Your completly correct, we should blame god for the bf change... attacking the dev team is just to personal... give it a rest.. theyve deserved every comment they got coming to them today..

Well I've seen too many people yelling at Goodman, Shade, ect. which are mostly messengers.
I understand being angry, but I highly doubt many changes were directly authorized by them.

As to Ben, well I think even if some of the information we've been given isn't true, or skewed, it doesn't warrant insulting someone personally. As far as I know, neither developer or mod has ever insulted a member, so i can't see why as a community we can't do the same.

30-11-2009, 04:38 PM | Post: #54
Obode 
Ever worked in a resturant?

I have.

In many ways running a mmo is alot like it, for example its a service business.. of course you wont see Bfh reps insulting the players... that would be about as effective as a waiter insulting a guest at the resturant.

Tell me this, if you ordered a bowl of soup at a resturant, and were feed a bowl of cowmanure, would you smile at the waiter, and eat the cowmanure, or would you tell him to put it where the sun dont shine.

I have no intrest in insulting Goodman or Shade tbh, but you better belive, as far as im concerned Ben asked for this, and he deserve any comment he gets as a consquence of his greed.
30-11-2009, 04:39 PM | Post: #55
CoCoNutzZz
(30-11-2009 03:59 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Hi guys - that interview is from February 2008 I think - we've been selling weapons for both BF and VP for a while now - nothing changed there today. If you remember we made the standard weapons available permanently for BF in closed beta. These new weapons are no different - they are available for free with VP and they are available permanently for BF (actually at a price that was lower than before).

Our analysis of the VP economy showed us that people had lots of unused VP, which told us the prices for VP items were too low - hence the increases in VP pricing today.

We also frankly wanted to make buying Battlefunds more appealing. We have wages to pay here in the Heroes team and in order to keep a team large enough to make new free content like maps and other game features we need to increase the amount of BF that people buy. Battlefield Heroes is a business at the end of the day and for a company like EA who recently laid off 16% of their workforce, we need to keep an eye on the accounts and make sure we are doing our bit for the company.

If you guys have any more questions or comments feel free to email me direct on ben.cousins@dice.se

is this a bad joke? because its not funny....
[Image: eafailed.png]
30-11-2009, 04:39 PM | Post: #56
B3H3MOTH 
Nothing is as good as it was before the update, and just because the people don't use VP, doesn't mean the prices are too low, I for example always tried to stay above a certain amount of VP just to be on the safe side. But now you ruined it, even with my 800+ VP I won't be able to play much longer without taking too much money off my monthly savings, wich I need for other stuff, IN REAL LIFE. Seriously, do you realise you jsut turned the concept of this game around 180° ? I don't have the impression you do.

Moderator Groonz edit:
[i]Your signature breaks the signatures rules. Signatures can only be 250px in height by 900px in width, with a 500KB size limit.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af25...shoerz.png
(20-03-2010 04:47 PM)Kubikuroh Wrote:  B3H3MOTH Bomb:
Destroys everything within a radius of 50m.
(24-03-2010 03:32 PM)GoingLoco Wrote:  Edit: No! No! NO! BEHE! Stop ninjain' me!
30-11-2009, 04:40 PM | Post: #57
Surgery 
This is so freaking stupid, i cannot believe they have done this to the game. I will not be able to buy any weapons or wrenches or gear AT ALL because you cannot buy any weapons purchasing.

ALL THE RICH KIDS WILL RULE THE GAME BECAUSE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO BUY EVERYTHING PERMANATLY AND OWN EVERYONE AND BE ABLE TO LOOK GOOD WHILE EVERYONE ELSE HAS BAD WEAPONS, CANT USE WRENCHS OR BANDAGES BECAUSE THEYRE TOO EXPENSIVE TO BUY.

450 VP for the new weapon FOR 1 DAY?!?!? WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU THINKING.

EDIT: I HAVE A LVL 20, 14, 14, 13, 10 and i do not have ANY VP so i will not be able to play the game effectively and have FUN which is the point of the game. FREE TO PLAY SHOOTER WHERE THERE ISNT A RICH KID OWNING EVERYONE

(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:42 PM by Surgery.)
30-11-2009, 04:40 PM | Post: #58
Marzio 
from Bencousin's answers i can understand they ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THIS STUPID AND USELESS UPDATE.
Bencousin said something like they are working hard to this game and they have to pay an entire team..well,i am ok with that;i think you deserve money for this awesome game.you are really doing a good job...BUT...to justify an update stupid and useless like this you have to add something like 5 new maps,7 new soldier classes,new weapons,new abilities and so on...if you dont..well
BIG FAIL
30-11-2009, 04:41 PM | Post: #59
Adadadoo 
I'm a casual player; Ok I currently have 107 VP and no BF. How should I continue playing this game?

Edit: Only way I guess is to play soldier(CM) with default weapons and no bandage/wrench....

[Image: sigcopy.png]

Sig made by Astro
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 04:43 PM by Adadadoo.)
30-11-2009, 04:45 PM | Post: #60
CoCoNutzZz
i just say

see ya