Hello There, Guest!

06-11-2009, 12:48 PM | Post: #1
ShadeShooter
[Image: dedicated-server.png]

‘An officer is used to certain things’ thought Captain Rupert Horsechesterton as he sat in the mess tent, toying with the unappetizing grey sludge on his plate – ‘we have certain expectations connected to our rank, and these are things we’ve earned with hard work and loyalty to our cause’

‘We like to have a dedicated server – a man who brings us what we want in the mess hall. We like to be able to choose what we eat, and the order in which we eat it. We like to be able to choose a favorite table, sit at it when we want and get rid of any riff-raff if they sit next to us. All of this is only available when a man has a dedicated server working for him in the mess tent. A dedicated server is a great thing – he turns an ordinary meal time into a pleasurable, unique and privileged experience. A man is willing to pay a little for that privilege’.

The captain stared out of the window of the tent onto the pock-marked battlefield and continued his melancholy soliloquy ‘Things have changed recently. Meal times have lost their special appeal. New mess tents spring up on the battlefield that only have a buffet. We can’t even choose which dishes we eat. The officer’s table has been replaced by lines and lines of benches. A man doesn’t know who he’s going to be sitting next to, and we can't get rid of riff raff if they sit next to us. More and more of these tents are phasing out dedicated servers. Is this the modern way of making warfare?’

Suddenly angered and inspired by his internal monologue, the Captain got up from his bench, tossed his plate of grey buffet food aside and thrust his fist in the air in a mark of steely defiance.

"I will not take this anymore. I don’t need to eat here! I will take my meals the old-fashioned way! I will choose a mess tent with dedicated servers!"

With that he took his sword, put Monty on his shoulder, and strode out of the tent into the fresh morning air.

Battlefield Heroes is committed to offering dedicated servers to YOU, the hardcore PC gamer FOR EVER!

Find out more by clicking on the link to the right marked ‘Rent a server’. We work with all the big partners in North America, Europe and Australia. Here is what is available to YOU.
Veteran mode

This allows you and your friends to advance your Heroes' careers on what is called a "ranked server". The benefits of playing in Veteran mode:
  • Because you are on a "ranked server" all your statistics are stored and count toward your career as a soldier, a HERO.
  • You get full control of the Map rotation. Choose to play on only those maps that you like best and skip the ones you don't like.
  • You choose the number of rounds per map. Decide whether you want to linger on each map or if you prefer to jump through maps quickly.
  • EIGHT reserved slots (Four for each faction, Eight for each faction in Recruit/Unranked mode). One for each of your team mates and add up to fifty friends as VIP. Lets you and your friends always have first dibs on the best server... .yours!
  • Change maps at any time. Need a change of scenery? Change the map whenever you want, no waiting for rounds to end, if you don't want to.

Recruit mode

This is great whenever you just need to slow down from the fast paced Veteran action and want to enjoy some quiet time with your fellow Heroes. This mode offers you:
  • The option to password protect your very own server. Only those, whom you choose to share your password with can enter and play with you.
  • No Team Balance restrictions. Where on other servers you need balanced teams, in recruit mode you can decide to go Rambo and take on the world in an 8 vs 1 match. Noone's going to stop you.
  • No time limit. Wanted to enjoy the sandy beaches of Seaside Skirmish for hours on end and not have to change maps at all? Now you can!

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 05:10 PM by ShadeShooter.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2009, 05:56 PM | Post: #2
WinterDuitser 
Dunno but afaik this isn't how things are going atm.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=2da5dc485a6540...54e7809689]

30.11.09 -Battlefield Heroes, RIP.
06-11-2009, 06:14 PM | Post: #3
Zarimba 
Nice pic
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 07:34 PM by Zarimba.)
06-11-2009, 06:24 PM | Post: #4
Semen512 
"Is this the modern way of making warfare?"
Owned Big Grin

[Image: sygv.png]

06-11-2009, 06:48 PM | Post: #5
KamikazeBeaver 
(06-11-2009 12:48 PM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  Battlefield Heroes is committed to offering dedicated servers to YOU, the hardcore PC gamer FOR EVER!
What? I dont understand! They are giving servers out? Explain someone! D:

06-11-2009, 07:03 PM | Post: #6
KamikazeBeaver 
(06-11-2009 07:02 PM)uh_Iforgot Wrote:  
(06-11-2009 06:48 PM)KamikazeBeaver Wrote:  
(06-11-2009 12:48 PM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  Battlefield Heroes is committed to offering dedicated servers to YOU, the hardcore PC gamer FOR EVER!
What? I dont understand! They are giving servers out? Explain someone! D:
They're selling them...

Lulz, thanks I got little bit confused!

06-11-2009, 07:24 PM | Post: #7
Rogue Warrior 
I Love the SOFT GENTLE POKE at IW/Activision....

I will go forth into battle with my gun, and my dedicated server !!
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 07:25 PM by Rogue Warrior.)
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM | Post: #8
Jonzzon 
meh, nothing new under the sun Tongue

[Image: bfhsiggy.jpg]
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM | Post: #9
msc204 
(06-11-2009 07:24 PM)Rogue Warrior Wrote:  I Love the SOFT GENTLE POKE at IW/Activision....

I will go forth into battle with my gun, and my dedicated server !!

YOU SHOW EM DICE! Your games may not have the overly-large hype as IW's Modern Warfare 2,but you're still going to own their PC version hard! Big Grin

[Image: 30112_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 08:15 PM by msc204.)
06-11-2009, 08:17 PM | Post: #10
YouJustGotSarged 
I am not one of those men at the tables Tongue

I'm the one standing watch over you Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 08:17 PM by YouJustGotSarged.)
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM | Post: #11
RoTide 
I take it server rentals aren't going so great? This is pretty much the same information (minus a story iirc) we've had for a while now.

Sell Sell! EA needs more monies!

[Image: 2hdbg5f.png]

Huge Nerfs, Huge Buffs, Perpetual Beta, Re-releasing "Exclusive" Content Money Grabbing, Paid-for Advantages, Rental Server Admin Rights Revoked, Hackers Everywhere. Do you need more reasons to dislike EA?
06-11-2009, 09:13 PM | Post: #12
-=butcher=-
Hey Shadeshooter,

Please tell us something new for a change! 99% of the features you mentioned were already available for months! Basically, you just used 709 words to tell us we are be able to play less than 3 rounds/map? I can't even find that feature, so I started a new thread about this in the 'server' board.

But what I would like to know is:
+ when will players be able to specify that they don't want to get connected to unranked recruitment servers?
+ when will we have in-game commands for server-moderation?
+ when will we be able to let our servers automatically spam messages? (recruitment messages and stuff)
+ when will we be able to set a maximum number of players per class?
+ when will there be support for multiple admin-consoles per server?

Oh, and by the way, you're now making it sound like we get full control over the map rotation. But frankly, I haven't forgotten about the posting in which another official EA representative stated that we would get full control over the server. I feel a poll about the definition of 'full control' coming up...

[Image: nanana.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2009 01:05 PM by -=butcher=-.)
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM | Post: #13
Hurrdles 
I don't get it do they give you one for free or what????

[Image: 3]

[Image: NoDisTTs-Slow.gif]
06-11-2009, 10:15 PM | Post: #14
RoTide 
(06-11-2009 10:13 PM)Hurrdles Wrote:  I don't get it do they give you one for free or what????

This isn't even news as far as I can tell.
They are just regurgitating old news in the hopes of selling more servers.

Click the rental link on the front page, it's the same old story.

[Image: 2hdbg5f.png]

Huge Nerfs, Huge Buffs, Perpetual Beta, Re-releasing "Exclusive" Content Money Grabbing, Paid-for Advantages, Rental Server Admin Rights Revoked, Hackers Everywhere. Do you need more reasons to dislike EA?
06-11-2009, 10:19 PM | Post: #15
MaydaX 
BF Heroes has dedicated servers? Have yet to see actual files released to the public.

Sorry but that term should only apply if the files are public and available for anyone to use.

[Image: maydax_sig.png]
06-11-2009, 10:22 PM | Post: #16
Hurrdles 
(06-11-2009 10:15 PM)RoTide Wrote:  
(06-11-2009 10:13 PM)Hurrdles Wrote:  I don't get it do they give you one for free or what????

This isn't even news as far as I can tell.
They are just regurgitating old news in the hopes of selling more servers.

Click the rental link on the front page, it's the same old story.

I think it is werid they having to tell people to buy servers as each month they can cost quiet alot if they put down the prices then they could get a few more people buying them then and I would. Then I would surggest $19.00/£15.00 sorry if this is not correct priceing.

[Image: 3]

[Image: NoDisTTs-Slow.gif]
06-11-2009, 10:35 PM | Post: #17
Dr. Rabbit 
You guys better not mess up Bad Company 2.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 10:35 PM by Dr. Rabbit.)
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM | Post: #18
HIT47 
Dont know why but this title makes me remember "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (GTA IV). [/sarcastic mode]

[Image: 333xh8.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 11:05 PM by HIT47.)
07-11-2009, 12:56 AM | Post: #19
phatpengis 
are you making us a post offering us rental servers? how is this news?
07-11-2009, 05:04 AM | Post: #20
Raro 
wow...
that was touching...

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=cbda7abce58d78...6b1440b520]

[Image: 20hroy9.jpg]

RawR :3