Hello There, Guest!

21-10-2009, 07:36 PM | Post: #1
20PoundSledge 
Hi!

I really like playing with tanks and I think I'm pretty good with it. On most servers I can get more than 15 kills with it and only a few deaths (sometimes even 0). The only thing you have to do is fight one after the other.

Problem is when I'm running in a high level Gunner. The Gunner-abilities seems to "stack" if he's fighting against a tank. When he is using shield (takes most of the damage) afterwards I eats grenade (shot makes no damage at all) and leg it (you can't overrun him) he can take out a tank pretty easily.

This makes it impossible to kill him with a tank, because he just needs 4 shots to kill you and you need a lot more time to kill him, with abilities about twice the time.
Is this really intended? I personally think you should have advantages when you sit in a tank especially because it always takes a lot of time if you're trying to get a tank in the middle of the game (usually you have to walk back to the starting base and drive all the way to the action). Beside that it's no very logical for me that a tank is less powerful than a gunner (even in a comic shooter).

Anyone else had this problem? I'm not saying the gunner is OP in general. Maybe I eats grenade shouldn't prevent him from taking damage from a tank.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2009, 07:44 PM | Post: #2
22ezarc 
Gunners are called anti-tank for a reason.

21-10-2009, 07:49 PM | Post: #3
Ct.Schnitzel 
(21-10-2009 07:44 PM)22ezarc Wrote:  Gunners are called anti-tank for a reason.

YEAH!!

[Image: pierkreng.png]

Big Grin
21-10-2009, 07:55 PM | Post: #4
Trucido 
Are you seriously whining about not being able to tank r*pe a team? Find a new game for our sake...
21-10-2009, 07:56 PM | Post: #5
Timeluster 
you said your pretty good, so you should be able to deal with it. The Gunners RPG is called 'Tank Buster' for a reason.

21-10-2009, 07:56 PM | Post: #6
DW420 
lol i never thought i would see the day that a tankw***e would ask for a gunner nerf.

[Image: 2]

21-10-2009, 07:58 PM | Post: #7
Jack070 
Exactly, you'd like tank to be ways more powerful than anything and own it easily? No way, gunner is solution to counter tanks not having your own.

[Image: 1]
21-10-2009, 08:36 PM | Post: #8
20PoundSledge 
Well...this is my last post in the forums because you obviously can't have a discussion here because of so many idiots.

I didn't request a nerf or whine around, I WANTED A DISCUSSION. But actually that's too much to ask. It's definatively true that this game gets worse with every update and when I see the community it's no wonder...
21-10-2009, 08:47 PM | Post: #9
DogFishHead 
Get a small amount of distance away (so that he takes at least two seconds or more to run to you), then get out, shoot him as much as you can without him getting in the tank, and then get back in your tank. He either continues to shoot the tank and suck up the hits, or he switches to an MG, which you can take a few hits from while trading shots, then get back in your tank and resume. IMO, a little more than half the time the gunner will swap to his gun and just try to kill you, which involves him swapping weapons while getting shot, and then also having to swap back to the bazooka when you get back in the tank. If you're at an extreme distance you can also just go behind the tank and bandage, which hopefully, you can prevent him from doing. Also, don't stop moving, ever, and retreat to use wrenches. Many gunners have trouble making distance rocket shots on a moving tank, and at distance you can just avoid the rocket most of the time.

[Image: pubsig.php?Yuengling5;203805872;20]
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 08:48 PM by DogFishHead.)
21-10-2009, 09:18 PM | Post: #10
Ademo 
1) Get in a plane
2) Get shot down by a Commando using 5 PS + Fast Rifle
3) Realize that Gunners destroys tanks slow.

30.11.09 -Battlefield Heroes, RIP.
21-10-2009, 10:23 PM | Post: #11
Marcello85 
I have to agree with DogFishHead. A tank isn't good for short range fights. The projectile of the RPG is much slower than the projectile of an tank, so when you keep moving and don't get to close to the gunners, they've got more trouble hitting the tank, depending on how good your driving skills are.
So on my experience you really got advantages when you sit in a tank when you keep enough distance to your enemies and when you're moving a lot.
You said you think you're pretty good with the tank, when someone has really good driving skills with the tank on my opinion it's hard to destroy him at long range with the RPG.
Yeah, we gunners are anti-tanks with a "tankbuster", so we should be able to destroy tanks, that's ok! And i think it's also ok when you can destroy a tank faster when you've got high skill levels, otherwise the skills wouldn't make any sense. And last but not least, they're enough low- and mid-level gunners out there.

[Image: 2412hy1.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 10:24 PM by Marcello85.)
21-10-2009, 10:27 PM | Post: #12
facelessone86 

Ya and they're also known as the other green hulk to :o.

Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Free Shooter Game
21-10-2009, 10:54 PM | Post: #13
TiTaNiuM-SaLuTe 
Well it's a good thing gunners can kill tanks easy cause when you're using tank vs infantry your a chicken anyways. And soldier + commando with their TNT isn't as usefull. So gunner = anti-tank.

22-10-2009, 03:28 AM | Post: #14
doxon1 
Gunners are called anti-tank for a reason.

all classes at lvl 30 is better so stop crying please

22-10-2009, 07:15 AM | Post: #15
Vreki 
Like others have said, you are forgetting that you can jump out of the tank and be at full health, while the opponent will already be damaged from the fight.

Personally I think that is a bad thing, and the vehicles need a 5-10 seconds get-out time OR having the driver suffer damage too.
But until that happens you should be able to win most fights as long as you get out before the tank is completely destroyed.
22-10-2009, 10:29 AM | Post: #16
Problematic 

[Image: 165f84eb286ff53a4b800392aecbd0ea.jpg]

A Genuine Gunners Guide To Greatness
22-10-2009, 02:18 PM | Post: #17
Lifeless_Nerd 
it take as much time (approx.) as doing it with tnt

[Image: 11.jpg]
22-10-2009, 03:14 PM | Post: #18
TheDknight 
Range is a RPG's worst enemy.
Keep a distance of >50m.
NEVER EVER STOP MOVING.
Strafe with the tank.
It pisses the gunners off.

[Image: 3]
22-10-2009, 05:55 PM | Post: #19
RoterPanda 
This
(22-10-2009 07:15 AM)Vreki Wrote:  Like others have said, you are forgetting that you can jump out of the tank and be at full health, while the opponent will already be damaged from the fight.

and this

(22-10-2009 03:14 PM)TheDknight Wrote:  Range is a RPG's worst enemy.

If you are a good tank pilot, as you claim to be, you can easily outmanoeuvre any missile if you hold your distance. They fly so slow you could even stand still, fire, wait for his missile and drive forward/backward a second to evade it. (not recommended because of enemy tanks/other enemies, but it's not hard to evade the RPG, just look where this thing is heading to)

If you are not able to complete this task you can still damage the gunner a bit, get out of your tank at your favourable distance from him and kill him with your regular guns. Additional to some starting damage you inflicted his abilities might be on cooldown -> easier job for you
22-10-2009, 06:55 PM | Post: #20
HerrVonFock 
(22-10-2009 03:14 PM)TheDknight Wrote:  Range is a RPG's worst enemy.
Keep a distance of >50m.
NEVER EVER STOP MOVING.
Strafe with the tank.
It pisses the gunners off.

Yep that is quite a annoying tactic to counter. I do prefer attacking tanks at range though since the bazooka does way more damage over a distance, almost the double actually.