Hello There, Guest!

10-10-2009, 11:21 PM | Post: #161
machinegunhero 
so what if the person who pays for their server wants a no commando server as far as im concerned some people bought there own servers so they could have the ability to play without commandos and its there server so they can do what they want with it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2009, 03:39 PM | Post: #162
TheJacob 
Well, as I said before, capitalism is ruling this right now, who has the money, has the power.
Ok, I agree with the fact that who pays, can do whatever they want with the servers. But please then take them out of matchmaking!
The play now button lead me to a non commando server 5 times in a roll, this is wrong!

The Jacob Left BHF in november after greedy DICE actions
[Image: sigapple.png]

more details in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87TgVdZ7E..._embedded#
12-10-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #163
PapaSmurf255 
(10-10-2009 09:29 PM)MoZone Wrote:  is it me or am I seeing something totaly different here...... This is just simply that the gunners and soldiers cant handle the superior skills of the commando, it's the same IRL (from personal experience)... now I'm not saying commandos are better, because in close combat (well in this type of game) commandos are pretty useless and are also the slowest at getting away.. Whenever I have ranged a gunner (a good one anyway) he has come at me with speed and everything he has, if he gets close.. hes one every day of the week....

Theres your problem, people dont like commandos because they dont know how to beat them, and we all know johnny 12 year old doesnt like loosing, he spits his dummy out and throws all his toys out of the pram and says... "Its my server and your not playing" then kicks you...

All I ever seem to find is silly kids who don't like being shot up... they get abusive and go on a rage.. it's my biggest gripe with this game. I think I may start a vets server and kick anyone under the age of 30.....

Yes, all the server owners are 12 years old and cannot stand your amazing skills due to your real life experiences as the commando. Use the search and find out all the reasons why the commando class is broken and needs to be fixed properly.

[Image: 3]

xfire: papasmurf256 | Pro Commando Guide | Why the soldier is OP
15-10-2009, 04:42 PM | Post: #164
|sRs|geNius 
(09-10-2009 09:03 PM)PapaSmurf255 Wrote:  
(09-10-2009 08:41 PM)|sRs|geNius Wrote:  I agree, and these ranked servers need to be closely policed. Removing players because of class, weapons, vehicles, tactics, etc. means that you are running a STATPADDING server.

Even if it's broken game mechanics? Would you kick a soldier purposely abusing the BB bug? Or a gunner purposely abusing the FF bug? Of course you would; you would probably ban them, even. Now commandos abusing the sniper bug (on top of the already overpowered rifles) gets kicked, and they all start screaming and crying?

The only thing is that knife/pistol commandos like mine (those that don't spam level 5 TT) are getting treated the same way as cheap ass tt/ps spammers, which is kind of annoying.

Oh, and for all you commandos whining because you're being kicked, there are at least 2 servers running "commando only" that I know of. I don't hear any soldiers/gunners crying because they can't get in those. Have fun playing close range all day long.

And it's a different ball park from statpadding.

That was a wild tangent; I never mentioned anything relative to exploiting.

If you look at stats, you'll see that 90% of us are killed by sniper rifles more than any other weapon, including you. Let's add the million times we've hit TTs or been sniped in the middle of a fight, only to have someone else get the kill. If you don't consider removing that aspect from the game to be statpadding, then you are confused about its definition.

15-10-2009, 11:40 PM | Post: #165
PapaSmurf255 
(15-10-2009 04:42 PM)|sRs|geNius Wrote:  That was a wild tangent; I never mentioned anything relative to exploiting.

If you look at stats, you'll see that 90% of us are killed by sniper rifles more than any other weapon, including you. Let's add the million times we've hit TTs or been sniped in the middle of a fight, only to have someone else get the kill. If you don't consider removing that aspect from the game to be statpadding, then you are confused about its definition.

Except for the fact that damage sniper shots do more damage than they are intended is not "game aspects", rather bugs that allow commandos to be more effective than they already are. Removing game aspects that are broken (eg. BB bug, FF bug, and of course, rifle bug) should not be considered "statpadding".

I also looked up several definitions of statpadding.

urban dictionary Wrote:Stat padding is the act of receiving undeserved points due to abnormal and unhelpful gameplay.

wikipedia Wrote:The term Stat padding is commonly used in sports to describe an action that improves a player's statistics despite being of little benefit to his or her team or its chance of winning.

Those definitions look like... commando, doesn't it?

EDIT:

Actually, upon re-reading your initial statement, I realize that it was a broad and general statement, rather than the specific issue we are discussing in the thread. So I guess in a way, I do agree with it, although it should not be applied to this specific case.

[Image: 3]

xfire: papasmurf256 | Pro Commando Guide | Why the soldier is OP (This post was last modified: 15-10-2009 11:41 PM by PapaSmurf255.)
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM | Post: #166
Fuyu 
Yesterday I was suprised to find the best server ever. Twas a no sniper rifle server. Me being the devious little knifer that I am, got excited at the prospect of not being told to deal with enemy snipers. It was chaotic, explosions, bullets, and knives flying everywhere as I ran left and right knifing every soldier, gunner, and fellow knifer in sight, killing few, and getting mowed down repeatedly by "the cheeser". Was the most fun I'd had in days, even if I was getting owned.

Then I guess I made the admin angry or something coz he banned me. I just wish he would have said something, I would have gladly left and came back on my soldier. Please people, at least warn us knifers that you don't like us before you ban us. Most of us have more than just a commando that we like to use, be that a gunner or soldier. I love to play my soldier and the server I got banned from was so awesome, I'm so sad to be banned from it. The score went up to like 500 kills, and there was insta spawns instead of waiting 4 seconds to watch some guy do a chicken dance.

If you are the admin of this server, or if you own a similar server, Please tell me if you don't like me knifing instead of banning me without warning. I'll gladly come back on my soldier. I mean sure even if we're knifing, we still have the op'ness of invisibility but the fact is we have to come close to kill anybody (or at least I do, i suck with the pistol lawl), and we have 80 hp.