Hello There, Guest!

09-10-2009, 06:15 AM | Post: #141
Obode 
Ive also mentioned the presence of the I3D servers before, bookmark them if you REALLY having that much of a problem.
Sure you might have some queuing (but theres always people leaving). Just like I have to get into the server that actually follow the 2 commando per team policy.
As for truely abusive admins that kick for being killed etc etc, its not a problem, sure its anoying, but admins like that will at some point drive away any potential opponents.

As for my Kdr, its decent I guees but its by no means "Uber", To be honest I couldnt care less about it, fact is you canot compare skill vs commandos current OP state, simpy because the fact you wont be matched vs 4-8 4kdr soldiers/gunners unless you somehow stumble into a elitist clans room.

Not to mention skill is earned, playing a Op class is not.
Also you can imagine the sort of havoc a 4kdr gunner could do with a OP class like the commando, well my commandos KDR is a fairly good indicator of that tbh, and im a average commando at best.

as for friends making exceptions for my commando, I highly doubt it.
I get kicked out with my commandos just as much as anyone else, I do not expect any special treatment, and I dont get it either.
You could ask the admins of the server I play on if they remeber kicking out obode, but I highly doubt it as they are busy kicking out hundreds of FOTM commandos every single day.

:had to edit since half the post got lost Sad
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 06:22 AM by Obode.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM | Post: #142
aa1 
(09-10-2009 06:13 AM)ElectrifiED Wrote:  
(08-10-2009 08:44 PM)Obode Wrote:  the bfh team should simply add a feature that allows server admins to set a limit per class, this way the commandos wont even know these games exist since they wont be connected to them in the first place.
Nope, that's not the best solution, with the huge ammount of players who play a commando, it would make it harder for these players to find populated servers as every server will be at it's "commando limit", and that doesn't sound fair.

The solution can't be anything else than fixing the class and make it balanced, and hopefully all 3 classes will get along and stay in peace, and they will live happily ever after.

But, thats exactly why it should be done, then the programmers notice they should hurry.....
There more then enough suggestions made, i'm sure more can be done then only that what has bin done.

But guys, i discussed this with more then one guy, a lot of people where trying to convince me that there is no other way then what has bin done for this moment, although i'm not convinced, i do understand it cant be done in a klick off the mouse so i'l back off and look at this in a while again.

HeartThe first and only fun server, get randomly kicked!Heart

Pas the blaim and don't blaim me!

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list.
09-10-2009, 09:19 AM | Post: #143
M1k3ol 
(09-10-2009 06:13 AM)ElectrifiED Wrote:  
(08-10-2009 08:44 PM)Obode Wrote:  the bfh team should simply add a feature that allows server admins to set a limit per class, this way the commandos wont even know these games exist since they wont be connected to them in the first place.
Nope, that's not the best solution, with the huge ammount of players who play a commando, it would make it harder for these players to find populated servers as every server will be at it's "commando limit", and that doesn't sound fair.

The solution can't be anything else than fixing the class and make it balanced, and hopefully all 3 classes will get along and stay in peace, and they will live happily ever after.

uhm....I disagree (not on the fixing Tongue), commandos were kicked in rental servers in all past issues of BF games (certain servers), no fix will help for people to not hate them...

the limit class option for rental servers only could help, as most of 'em want commandos in the game, but no more than 2 per team, and this exclusion would not be used on public official servers, just rental ones, so, commandos can still play full commando games if they want/can, since no public server would exclude them, just some pesky rental ones Tongue

oh, and this is not for a limit in commandos, but, in any class, as a choice, like, setting, no more than 1 gunner per team, or things like that Tongue

[Image: bfhmodsign.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 09:23 AM by M1k3ol.)
09-10-2009, 04:53 PM | Post: #144
Hacker 
sry aa1, but why shouldn't it be ok? look at other games.. for instance css, some servers doesen't allow you to use the AWP... just because of the same reason as in bfh, it's OP! So why not in bfh? just because you can't change the class of your hero? you have 3 more slots...

and if you don't want to get kicked, get rid of the rifle & ps and try your luck with the knife

09-10-2009, 05:44 PM | Post: #145
Doctuh 
(09-10-2009 09:19 AM)M1k3ol Wrote:  uhm....I disagree (not on the fixing Tongue), commandos were kicked in rental servers in all past issues of BF games (certain servers), no fix will help for people to not hate them...

No, Snipers were kicked. People never had a problem with Special Forces style players. The issue here is that DICE has stuck two completely different playstyles into one class. There are no two types of gunners or two types of soldiers. So any Special Forces style commandos automatically get the worst of both ends.

*** Doctuh's Dapper Stats ***
Same stats, better information: How well did you play yesterday?
Win Share Score per minute Sign up now!
***Battlefield Heroes Network***

[Image: 2]

09-10-2009, 06:09 PM | Post: #146
Danreth 
Where will be option server choose like:
- option 1: random OFFICIAL servers
- option 2: random PRIVATE servers
- option 3: random all earlier?

I dont want to play on farm servers where admins kick good players and have rules from moon what is not included in game rules.

You say my english is bad? Try THIS as you so smart. (To moderators - its not offencive signature so DONT MODIFY jess..)
09-10-2009, 06:14 PM | Post: #147
msc204 
(09-10-2009 05:44 PM)Doctuh Wrote:  
(09-10-2009 09:19 AM)M1k3ol Wrote:  uhm....I disagree (not on the fixing Tongue), commandos were kicked in rental servers in all past issues of BF games (certain servers), no fix will help for people to not hate them...

No, Snipers were kicked. People never had a problem with Special Forces style players. The issue here is that DICE has stuck two completely different playstyles into one class. There are no two types of gunners or two types of soldiers. So any Special Forces style commandos automatically get the worst of both ends.

Another issue is the BFH server system itself. In Battlefield 2, there was a server LIST, not matchmaking. These servers would specifically label themselevs as Infantry Only, Snipers only, No Snipers, No Vehicles, ect. (So we KNEW WHAT TO AVOID) here, it's all at random, which can lead to any server. In some cases, it will constantly lead you to the same server multiple times before finding another one.

My issue isn't so much the fact they're kicking commandos. My issue is that people are having their time wasted by matchmaking leading to them and getting kicked. I find this extremely annoying. It's not the commando I care about, it's how the server system is flawed.

[Image: 30112_s.gif]
09-10-2009, 06:31 PM | Post: #148
MpB35ty 
imho i dont blame the admin either, as an admin of a rental server myself i really dont see any point in limiting what class' people want to use. This is after all, a game were teamwork prevails so all class' are required to overcome the enemy Smile
All are welcome into my server, anytime. It is hosted in London by i3D.net
There is a bookmark link in the official thread
only rules - no stat padders or base raping.
when i am online i will enforce these rules
network admins at work have disabled 'right click' and 'copy n paste' !!
09-10-2009, 08:26 PM | Post: #149
Micepudding 
(09-10-2009 06:15 AM)Obode Wrote:  As for truely abusive admins that kick for being killed etc etc, its not a problem, sure its anoying, but admins like that will at some point drive away any potential opponents.

that isn't true - without the optino to avoid specific servers, amtchmaking will just keep putting players on the same servers regardless of anything else.

I like the idea of class limiting, if its done transparently. i dont' want to be trying to join afriend who hapepns to be in a game where the class limit is full, but the game isn't, and not understand why I can't play, for example Tongue
09-10-2009, 08:41 PM | Post: #150
|sRs|geNius 
(07-10-2009 02:31 PM)Haunther Wrote:  He shouldnt take the game mechanics into his own hands though, if he wants to do that it should be UNRANKED.

I agree, and these ranked servers need to be closely policed. Removing players because of class, weapons, vehicles, tactics, etc. means that you are running a STATPADDING server.

Paying for a server is not grounds for creating an environment in which players receive points, ranks, levels, or anything else in an environment which is not completely open to the public.

09-10-2009, 08:52 PM | Post: #151
Obode 
(09-10-2009 08:26 PM)Micepudding Wrote:  
(09-10-2009 06:15 AM)Obode Wrote:  As for truely abusive admins that kick for being killed etc etc, its not a problem, sure its anoying, but admins like that will at some point drive away any potential opponents.

that isn't true - without the optino to avoid specific servers, amtchmaking will just keep putting players on the same servers regardless of anything else.

I like the idea of class limiting, if its done transparently. i dont' want to be trying to join afriend who hapepns to be in a game where the class limit is full, but the game isn't, and not understand why I can't play, for example Tongue

Well at some point the stubborn players will simply have to learn to use bookmark, or hopefully there will be a class limit option implanted in game that keeps a certain class from connecting to the server in first place as long as the limit of his class his reached.

And if you think screaming "Omg, its statpadding" every 3rd post is going to change the opinions of dice, I think you highly underestimate dices capability to be logical...

Its not statpadding, no mather how you twist it.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 08:57 PM by Obode.)
09-10-2009, 09:03 PM | Post: #152
PapaSmurf255 
(09-10-2009 08:41 PM)|sRs|geNius Wrote:  
(07-10-2009 02:31 PM)Haunther Wrote:  He shouldnt take the game mechanics into his own hands though, if he wants to do that it should be UNRANKED.

I agree, and these ranked servers need to be closely policed. Removing players because of class, weapons, vehicles, tactics, etc. means that you are running a STATPADDING server.

Even if it's broken game mechanics? Would you kick a soldier purposely abusing the BB bug? Or a gunner purposely abusing the FF bug? Of course you would; you would probably ban them, even. Now commandos abusing the sniper bug (on top of the already overpowered rifles) gets kicked, and they all start screaming and crying?

The only thing is that knife/pistol commandos like mine (those that don't spam level 5 TT) are getting treated the same way as cheap ass tt/ps spammers, which is kind of annoying.

Oh, and for all you commandos whining because you're being kicked, there are at least 2 servers running "commando only" that I know of. I don't hear any soldiers/gunners crying because they can't get in those. Have fun playing close range all day long.

And it's a different ball park from statpadding.

[Image: 3]

xfire: papasmurf256 | Pro Commando Guide | Why the soldier is OP
09-10-2009, 11:19 PM | Post: #153
Kulez 
(07-10-2009 02:36 PM)Kostolomac Wrote:  Their server, their rules.

nice signature. u make it or did you use a generator?

*Pew pew* HEADSHOT!
Another one bites the bullet.
[Image: ImpossibleIsPossibleAchievementBFH.jpg]

The Maniac Class
Is it just me, or do n00bz think everyone who kills them is a hacker?
I think so...
10-10-2009, 12:46 AM | Post: #154
Micepudding 
kicknig a player who's knowingly and intentionally using a buig to get an advantagefor themself is totalyl different. and i dont want to paly on a commando only server either Tongue

would you ecxpect the NFL to rank games where quarterbacks were banned at the discrection of the owner of the arena, or where anyone playing a particular strategy was marched off the field?
10-10-2009, 01:06 AM | Post: #155
Obode 
Considering the rifles all have PS bugs atm, and its a well known fact you are all basicly bug abusers Tongue.
atleast all of the Ps users Tongue.

Either way 2 per team is perfect, you really have no grounds for whining..

I am sorry that you feel excluded, wait im not.. Ive been unable to enjoy Soldier/gunner for the last few months because of all these silly fotm players, so yeah Im really not sorry that I am finally get to play on balanced server, while these silly fotm players get to fight each other in public server.
10-10-2009, 11:44 AM | Post: #156
Vulfgang 
Well that's pretty lame.

I was just stuck in a wonderful combination of:
1 > Click Play Now
2 > Server Doesn't Allow Commandos
3 > Kicked
4 > Repeat From 1(about 15 times in a row)

So yeah, c'mon guys. I just want to play the game.

Either get the no commando servers to stop coming up when people playing commandos push "Play Now," take the no commando servers down until there's some system to give commandos a viable alternative besides "go try to join a million bookmarked servers and pray one of them actually has users," or stop being selfish and let the commandos play wherever they want.

Seriously, it's as bad as someone resetting the game because they were losing. It's in bad taste, and it's rude. Kicking is supposed to be reserved for people that are doing something wrong, like swearing, being overtly racist, hacking, botting, or blatantly insulting. Not for people who are just trying to play the game as intended.
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM | Post: #157
Obode 
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...?tid=71309
10-10-2009, 04:56 PM | Post: #158
hero23 
(10-10-2009 11:44 AM)Vulfgang Wrote:  Well that's pretty lame.

I was just stuck in a wonderful combination of:
1 > Click Play Now
2 > Server Doesn't Allow Commandos
3 > Kicked
4 > Repeat From 1(about 15 times in a row)

So yeah, c'mon guys. I just want to play the game.

BOOKMARK...BOOKMARK....BOOKMARK....

[Image: 5]
10-10-2009, 09:29 PM | Post: #159
MoZone 
is it me or am I seeing something totaly different here...... This is just simply that the gunners and soldiers cant handle the superior skills of the commando, it's the same IRL (from personal experience)... now I'm not saying commandos are better, because in close combat (well in this type of game) commandos are pretty useless and are also the slowest at getting away.. Whenever I have ranged a gunner (a good one anyway) he has come at me with speed and everything he has, if he gets close.. hes one every day of the week....

Theres your problem, people dont like commandos because they dont know how to beat them, and we all know johnny 12 year old doesnt like loosing, he spits his dummy out and throws all his toys out of the pram and says... "Its my server and your not playing" then kicks you...

All I ever seem to find is silly kids who don't like being shot up... they get abusive and go on a rage.. it's my biggest gripe with this game. I think I may start a vets server and kick anyone under the age of 30.....

[Image: hminge.gif]
10-10-2009, 11:10 PM | Post: #160
CrazyFlyGuy 
Removing a commando doesnt make it any easier to get score, they are making it a fun server. So why not.

Good commandos kill from any range, a gunner / soldier just can't counter a good commando.

The Baron Sez; Please read the forum rules on signatures before posting a new one.

Signature is a personal identity, not a billboard for politics/

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2009 11:10 PM by CrazyFlyGuy.)