Hello There, Guest!

08-10-2009, 10:34 AM | Post: #121
Skunkw0rkS 
(08-10-2009 09:32 AM)Dark-Sugar Wrote:  I can agree with the 2 commando a team option. But rather than kicking, why don't you put in a option that would allow only 2 commando per team. That would keep a lot of players from having the frustration of getting kicked over and over again.

In my oppinion, a server that bans (by kicking or otherwise) a entire class should be unranked. With only 2 of a certain class they shpuld be allowed to stay ranked.

Tbh, they should invest the time to make such an option in tweaking the commando instead. That should solve the problem and let all players regardless of class have there fun.

After the last update I witness more and more snipers playing the fast rifle/5PS setup even if they're on a low level. On our server we've no rule about how many mando's are allowed, but if they fill more than half of the server or using the foremetioned setup we kick then cause it simply destroys the fun for all non commandos playing. Same goes for FF bugusers and trashtalkers.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2009, 10:43 AM | Post: #122
iminladshehe 
(08-10-2009 10:34 AM)Skunkw0rkS Wrote:  
(08-10-2009 09:32 AM)Dark-Sugar Wrote:  I can agree with the 2 commando a team option. But rather than kicking, why don't you put in a option that would allow only 2 commando per team. That would keep a lot of players from having the frustration of getting kicked over and over again.

In my oppinion, a server that bans (by kicking or otherwise) a entire class should be unranked. With only 2 of a certain class they shpuld be allowed to stay ranked.

Tbh, they should invest the time to make such an option in tweaking the commando instead. That should solve the problem and let all players regardless of class have there fun.

After the last update I witness more and more snipers playing the fast rifle/5PS setup even if they're on a low level. On our server we've no rule about how many mando's are allowed, but if they fill more than half of the server or using the foremetioned setup we kick then cause it simply destroys the fun for all non commandos playing. Same goes for FF bugusers and trashtalkers.

sounds good do you have a link for your server ,thanks.

RIP , Jimmy peace and love m8 , another good guy taken 30/03/09 , always remembered , rest easy my friend Angel[/color]

laid to rest 07/04/09 peace and love mate , missed for ever.
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2009, 10:59 AM | Post: #123
Micepudding 
^ i agree. I don't see how something that changes gameplay so dramatically can stil lbe okay for a regular ranked server. two commandos a team or whatever wouldn't be that big a deal if it was a part of the game, but right now that's not the case either. teams of all commandos aren't fun for anyone, commansoes included, but making less games availbe for commandoes to join simply means that they're forced onto the servers that do still accept them, anstherefore more games will be commando only. so nexttime you're in game where everyone is inivisible - remember that this is because you're effectivelyblocknig them from games that should be available to them.

it'sd not really a "simple" case of finding a new game if this becomes more common, either. let's say my buddy Tristan logs on and I want to play with him. he presses the play now button, as huis gunner, and I wait in lnie to join him. 10 minutes later I finally get into the game, only to be instantly kicked for being a class the admin doesn't like. Okay. Let's try a different game. Where's matchmaking going to put us? back into the same game of course, like it does every singletime. Or maybe in pregame on an empty server. doeshe have bookmarks to join? Probably not, becuse he's not so into the game that he bothers to bookmark servers (I'd bet 90% of players are like that). but even if he does, the chances are that we either find a game with level 30 teams destroying everything in their path, or new players who try to SMG tanks todeath and aren't any sort of a challenge.

Yes, I get that admins have paid to be able to run their own server and whatever.

But, I've paid to have a particular look for my character as well. you can't use outfits acros more than one character, and you can't change class during the game, and you can't make a new character without paying for it, so this IS discrimination, to a certain point. despite paying for the game, my options are now limited becuse of the class i chose. I picked commandobecause the run and gun style of play of the other two classes isn't something i'm very godo at Tongue

I have a feeling that opininos on this will start to change as more admins start realsiing that "kick anyone for any reason" does'nt just apply to removing one class from the game.

if matchmaking sorted games by class as well it would help. I don't like being on a team where everyone is inivisible either.

i'll stop compalninig if the option to play on regular rules serrvers only turns up. maybe it will come soon Tongue but I stil lagree with the peopel saying that servers with these special rules should be unranked Smile
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM | Post: #124
Obode 
O boy, here we go with the discrimination card again...
its not discrimination, you had 4 slots, and I highly HIGHLY doubt ANYONE has used all 4 on commandos.

You keep preaching about how it should be unranked because it changes gameplay etc etc, fact is what changes the gameplay the most atm is how OP the commandos currently are,
I played the game before commandos became the FOTM, and I can tell you at that point the gameplay was closer to what it should be then it is right now, so if removing commandos is what it takes to balance the game again, then thats exactly what hosts should do.

You keep whining about is as if theres not enough servers for you to play in, its idiotic, we both know theres plenty of servers that allow commandos, 90%+ of the servers infact..
This is pure greed on the commandos side.

Honestly you are acting like 5 year olds that got excluded from the neighbours tree house club.
08-10-2009, 12:26 PM | Post: #125
iminladshehe 
no idea what the fuss is about never had any probs killing any class before or after the update , some you win some you lose , the only time i could see commandos being a problem is if theres 8 on one side tbh i have a harder time against soldiers or other gunners using bb or ff but like i said some you win some you lose , i dont stress over it and enjoy most of the games i play win or lose

just wondering which class finds they have the most problems with commandos gunners or soldiers ??

RIP , Jimmy peace and love m8 , another good guy taken 30/03/09 , always remembered , rest easy my friend Angel[/color]

laid to rest 07/04/09 peace and love mate , missed for ever. (This post was last modified: 08-10-2009 12:29 PM by iminladshehe.)
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM | Post: #126
McNutty|R.A.T.S. 

If you think it's frustrating as a player imagine what it's like being the admin! I used to have time to play this game ... now all I do is monitor for commando invasions Tongue

I can totally understand everone's frustration (on both sides) and the current setup is far from ideal but I have to say that I've been really shocked at how often I log on and find 10+ commandos on the server.

If I ws allowed to set up the server with class limits I would be a happy man (with time to play instead of just admn!)

08-10-2009, 01:36 PM | Post: #127
Oefi 
Since all commandos are banned from private servers, they are swarming the public servers now... its becoming really ridiculous now. Im consistently playing vs commando-teams only.

[Image: bfhsig.png]
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM | Post: #128
ProGamerDane 
Nah, i don't like abusing my admin... And i don't really kick commando's because i need someone i can kick with my Burning bullet Tongue

So..That is why i only play on the server i have (Clan server) so i don't expect admin abuse on the Clan server Smile

[Image: juhjko.png]
xFire:progamerdane
08-10-2009, 02:44 PM | Post: #129
Pvt. Neok 
I sometimes fought battles where neither side had a single commando except for some knifer, and those large scale, close combat battles were a lot of fun. I can understand why people want to play 'non-commando' games. For the same reason i can fully understand why people want to play commando-only games.
Also there are a lot of nice admins out there, too , who remove people for offensive language and stuff like that.

[Image: 11]
(27-09-2010 08:56 PM)Bwlly Wrote:  If they can not cuddle him .... ignored a place to chat! XD
08-10-2009, 03:20 PM | Post: #130
Skunkw0rkS 
(08-10-2009 10:43 AM)iminladshehe Wrote:  sounds good do you have a link for your server ,thanks.

Click the bookmark link in my updated signature. IdeaSmile

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM | Post: #131
iminladshehe 
(08-10-2009 03:20 PM)Skunkw0rkS Wrote:  
(08-10-2009 10:43 AM)iminladshehe Wrote:  sounds good do you have a link for your server ,thanks.

Click the bookmark link in my updated signature. IdeaSmile

Thanks , ill give it a go after ive eaten Smile

laid to rest 07/04/09 peace and love mate , missed for ever.
08-10-2009, 04:27 PM | Post: #132
hero23 
(07-10-2009 02:36 PM)Nameless Sniper Wrote:  I really don't think that is fair, but as others have pointed out, it is his server and his rules.

You are right, and I don't think it's fair to listen to some of the things that are said on the other servers. However, if I don't like it, I simply go to another one. Admin has the right to kick whomever he wants.

[Image: 5]
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM | Post: #133
Micepudding 
(08-10-2009 11:19 AM)Obode Wrote:  O boy, here we go with the discrimination card again...
its not discrimination, you had 4 slots, and I highly HIGHLY doubt ANYONE has used all 4 on commandos.

You keep preaching about how it should be unranked because it changes gameplay etc etc, fact is what changes the gameplay the most atm is how OP the commandos currently are,
I played the game before commandos became the FOTM, and I can tell you at that point the gameplay was closer to what it should be then it is right now, so if removing commandos is what it takes to balance the game again, then thats exactly what hosts should do.

You keep whining about is as if theres not enough servers for you to play in, its idiotic, we both know theres plenty of servers that allow commandos, 90%+ of the servers infact..
This is pure greed on the commandos side.

Honestly you are acting like 5 year olds that got excluded from the neighbours tree house club.

I like how you keep using words like "whining" and "idiotic" to hide the fact that your arguemnt actually misses almost every point made agains it.

First of all - there aren't enough servers availbe for me to play in, apart from at peak times. joining empty server after empty server doesn' help anyone. right now it seems like there's too many servers for the number of players. This is almost certainly intentional on EA's part - liek any othr game, it means they can take some of the official ones offline now that more player run servers are availble.

If you'd managed to find your way to clicking my name, then yeh, you'd see I have a soldier. like I said, run and gun style gameplay, isn't soemthing I'm good at, and in this game, not something I evben enjoy much. You have a 4+ KDR, you're never going to have a problm finsing a game where you can compete and have a good time playing. For me, a game isn't fun if I just get killeld over and over by far more skilled players. matchmaking already puts me in games like that a lot, and now there's gonna be even more games I can't play in since there's going to be servers kicking me as well.

commandos may or may not be overpowered, but for me somenoe with an ultra high KDR changes gameplay a lot too (ie they kill em a lot and I can't kill them). I wonder if you'll be alright with it if servers start kicking you for "hacking". If you have a friends server to paly on all the time then of course that's not going to be a probke for you, but if you managed to look through the other threads in this forum then you'd notice its already happening to other players.

Like someone else said, and I already mentioned once or twice, the result of this so far is that commandos are being forced out into the public servers. that means someone using the play now button to join random games has MORE chance of finding agame where evey player is invisible, not less. your amazing. When you want to play the commando you claiamed was your main earlier, you might notice a similar problem - unless these anti commando servers you like so much make a special excpetion for you of course.

And finally, you're still missing the entire point. kicking for being a particular class is only the start of the problem. allowing admins to kick players for whatever reason they like is giong to end up with more and more of the threads about players being kicked for killing the admin, being too good at the game, and whatever.
08-10-2009, 08:06 PM | Post: #134
RinEXE 
I can understand kicking any commandos using the fast shot rifle with 5 PS, but what about the ones that actually try, the one's that use the slow long-shot?
Do they also deserved to be banned for killing one shot with ps, but it's quite a bit harder for us to get these head shots. The point is, they are kicking us because we're commandos, they are kicking us because we are commandos that kill them.

[Image: SHRUFFJIN.png?t=1266805640]
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM | Post: #135
Sven 
If we are in the admin tool, we cant see which abilities or weapons you have.
We see NA_commando_kit or RA_commando_kit

08-10-2009, 08:35 PM | Post: #136
McNutty|R.A.T.S. 
(08-10-2009 08:29 PM)Sven Wrote:  If we are in the admin tool, we cant see which abilities or weapons you have.
We see NA_commando_kit or RA_commando_kit

Add to that the fact that 9/10 people that join are Commandos and...

Well, y'know.

08-10-2009, 08:35 PM | Post: #137
ShadeShooter
(08-10-2009 10:29 AM)aa1 Wrote:  
(08-10-2009 09:21 AM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  
(07-10-2009 05:19 PM)Dark-Sugar Wrote:  If I correctly understand you can kick someone becouse he is a commando, but you can't kick someone becouse he has eleven fingers (making it possible to press one more key)?

Well now that's slightly exaggerated and absurd. Also to clarify, the player admin has the right to kick anyone no matter their class, it's just with the commando being...well let's face it, the most hated class in the game, everyone turns against them.

Personally I think "The R.A.T.S Nest" have a good thing going, which is to allow only 2 commandos per team on their server. This made it very enjoyable, although the tank rush was slightly less thrilling Wink

The fact of the matter is, while someone can kick another for being commando, they can't kick while breaking rules, such as being racist, sexist etc. and the same with banning, banning should NOT be done at all unless you have solid evidence that the person is using hacks.

Also yes, I know currently you can't avoid these servers and some of you want to avoid these servers. I've passed it on that you are all disgruntled by the lack of a feature to bypass these servers but until the team do implement a feature, I'm afraid it's a simple case of leave the server and press play now again to get another one or join bookmarked servers (If you are on a server you like, you can always hit TAB+F5 to bookmark) or search the forums for bookmarks that people have put in here.

So again you are saying that keeping a class out of the game has no influence on the game-play and the servers doing so still should be ranked....

It is a pity to see you saying that you guys where not able to change the commando in a way that anyone could accept.

O, and personal i do not think that the eleven fingers example is absurd, it is a perfect example.

No aa1, I am not saying keeping a class out has no influence on game-play, what I am saying is...we have no ground when it comes to this sort of thing. Being a commando, regardless of the game you play is a hard task. In fact a variety of games that have player owned servers kick commandos frequently and they don't have invisibility but they do have 1 shot kills.

Hopefully the changes in the PTE will bring a few server owners around to allowing commandos in but as long as they don't ban the player then I am afraid kicking a player because of class is fine and dandy.

I'm sure the team are looking into alternate methods of sorting this.
08-10-2009, 08:44 PM | Post: #138
Obode 
the bfh team should simply add a feature that allows server admins to set a limit per class, this way the commandos wont even know these games exist since they wont be connected to them in the first place.
09-10-2009, 05:24 AM | Post: #139
aa1 
(08-10-2009 08:44 PM)Obode Wrote:  the bfh team should simply add a feature that allows server admins to set a limit per class, this way the commandos wont even know these games exist since they wont be connected to them in the first place.

This would do the trick, kicking because of being a class is just simply plain wrong, no mater wich way you look at it.

Even better would it be when the Play now button never lands on a rental server.....

HeartThe first and only fun server, get randomly kicked!Heart

Pas the blaim and don't blaim me!

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list. (This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 06:14 AM by aa1.)
09-10-2009, 06:13 AM | Post: #140
ElectrifiED 
(08-10-2009 08:44 PM)Obode Wrote:  the bfh team should simply add a feature that allows server admins to set a limit per class, this way the commandos wont even know these games exist since they wont be connected to them in the first place.
Nope, that's not the best solution, with the huge ammount of players who play a commando, it would make it harder for these players to find populated servers as every server will be at it's "commando limit", and that doesn't sound fair.

The solution can't be anything else than fixing the class and make it balanced, and hopefully all 3 classes will get along and stay in peace, and they will live happily ever after.

[Image: electrifiedbfhsig.gif]