Hello There, Guest!

07-10-2009, 05:59 PM | Post: #81
aa1 
(07-10-2009 05:41 PM)Obode Wrote:  O Tarby, I wouldnt have brought it up at all if you didnt basicly tell people to L2P simply because they removed commandos with just cause.
You opened the door to the kdr discussion yourself.

Mice, The fast Rifle alone is not the problem, the fast rifle is the biggest issue yes, but the ''slow'' rifle is seriously Op aswell.

Fact is server admin cant tell if your a knifer or just another PS spammer, if he could Im sure the knifers would be let in to some extent. but even so have 4-6 commandos even with knife, while theyr not OP is boring to some people as the game turns into one huge hide and seek, and most of us finished this phase in the second grade..

The main point here is the admin does infact have a right to kick/ban you from his server, as it is his/hers server.

And trying to twist this into some kind of harrasment/racism/nazism will only make you look like the biggest douches of the whole community, most of us have experienced what each of these 3 words really mean, while the people who try to connect these words to the commando being kicked/banned have obviously lived a VERY sheltered life.

Tbh I might actually Sympathize to some extent if the fact wasnt that you have plenty of other servers to play on, this to me is just greed ...

Hell you even have the choice to rent your own server and set the rules anyway you like, but instead you choose to make a big deal out of something that barley even affects you.

I think you do not understand it well, nobody has any problem whatsoever if you like to play a game whit only people that are afraid for a commando!

Just turn your server to unrated!

The game was made for casual play, well it will be casual when a casual player ends up getting kicked because he is a certain class.....

HeartThe first and only fun server, get randomly kicked!Heart

Pas the blaim and don't blaim me!

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2009, 06:02 PM | Post: #82
M1k3ol 
(07-10-2009 04:13 PM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  Only time it gets serious is when it is done for the wrong reason (racism etc.) or concerns a ban, not a kick.

people should empathize this...

anybody can kick at their heart's content...but banning is something completely different...

yes, we need the option to choose between landing on "official" (public) servers and rented ones...since not everyone wants to land on "special rules" servers, even if they're not gonna get kicked...

so far, bookmarks is your friend, ramon posted the list of bookmarks for i3D.net public servers (that are located around the globe, like TX, NY, DE, FR, etc.) and the servers are administrated too, but with the common rules (so, no kicking for ugly face or something like that Tongue)

maybe something will be done in PTE about this...

07-10-2009, 06:05 PM | Post: #83
Tarby 
(07-10-2009 05:57 PM)Obode Wrote:  I am sorry Tarby, I confused you for the poster above you, the Kdr comment was not intended toward you at all.

Actually I confused you for the poster above because you reacted to it Tongue

In any case, it was ment for darkspawn.

Ah no biggie then. Yea I'd rather have a decent discussion on things...plus I'm not the best player in the world so in absolutely no position how to tell anyone how to play XD...I just play!

I still say that a better matchmaking system and a regular server list would solve all of this (with comments!) Smile That way people know upfront what to expect and what they are getting into before they join a server. If you still join and get kicked...well you were warned Big Grin

As it is now, all you can do it hit the quickplay button and be at the mercy of wherever you land (with no way to bookmark said server as "avoid" either!)
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM | Post: #84
Obode 
Then again aa1, fighting the commandos in the state they are now is far from casual, your also forgetting about the new players who start as soldiers or gunners and in theyr first game they meet 6-8 commands on the opposing team.

So your defense really isnt that viable mate.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 06:07 PM by Obode.)
07-10-2009, 06:14 PM | Post: #85
aa1 
(07-10-2009 06:07 PM)Obode Wrote:  Then again aa1, fighting the commandos in the state they are now is far from casual, your also forgetting about the new players who start as soldiers or gunners and in theyr first game they meet 6-8 commands on the opposing team.

Okay, i knew we would get closer to each other, i think we agree that the commando is way OP.

But do we have to wreck that on the players?
Spam this forum, shout at Goodman and Shade, write them letters, send them stones in a box, but do not attack the commando's for being commandos!

So do what should be done, goto the PTE and test stuff before it is in the real game!
And do not accept a small nerve just keep telling them it is not okay.

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list.
07-10-2009, 06:30 PM | Post: #86
M1k3ol 
(07-10-2009 06:07 PM)Obode Wrote:  Then again aa1, fighting the commandos in the state they are now is far from casual, your also forgetting about the new players who start as soldiers or gunners and in theyr first game they meet 6-8 commands on the opposing team.

I can understand the kicking actually...whether if that will lead to unranked or not, is something we will see soon...

but banning it's another issue, the dude here was kicked...but look at this

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/a...852d61f233

this one was banned for being a commando, thats lame, and, like shade said, can be contested to the forum admins or servers...

oh, and BTW, some clan servers were used and allowed people to wallhack/aimbot (since the admin was not around ATM), let me add something, if someone is found hacking in a private server, and someone is frapping around, then that one risks getting a global ban too from the master list Wink

07-10-2009, 06:32 PM | Post: #87
Obode 
I have not attacked anyone for being a commando, yet.

I have a commando my self, but I can clearly see that commando free and commando limited servers are a must.

And the fact that people are being called Power Hungry, Abusive because they set theyr own rules for theyr own server which they btw paid for, is idiotic.

And Shade has allrdy made it clear that kicking commandos, to keep a Non commando or a Limited Commando server is well within the boundaries of the server admin rules.

And its not like the commandos are suffering, they still have 90% of the servers they can play theyr little hide and seek in, and whining about a select group of people refusing to play with them, is nothing short of pure greed.

The select group of people who decided to run theyr servers this way, should be praised for giving the players who just want a fair and enjoyable game the chance to have such a game, not flamed because commandos cant handle having some sort of limits to where they can and cannot go.

And for the person above me, personally id say banning them is better cause then they wont have to get thrown into the game again by matchmaking.. but either way I dont think its rights compare this server admin to the other admins who do not allow commandos, This admin did infact break the rules for keeping a server, unlike the other.

Also if you read the other thread about this, shade pretty much confirmed that the ban was ok, but his attitude/lanuage was not.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 06:36 PM by Obode.)
07-10-2009, 06:33 PM | Post: #88
Micepudding 
a new player starting as any class has a chance of getting put into a game where things aren't ideal. if he starts as a soldier, and the other team are all level 30gunners who stay in one group of 8 the entire match, it still sucks for the new guy. should all gunners be banend from servers to prevent that happening? or should people be kicked if they run around as a group? groups are overpoweerd Smile
07-10-2009, 06:39 PM | Post: #89
Obode 
Well theres a easy way to fix that... Get ur own team to teamwork.

as for lvls, they obviously give you an advantage, but its an earned advantage, and even so the player skill is still the main factor.

These 8 man groups you speak of are mainly premades, which are to insecure to fight other premades, they dont anoy me at all, I feel bad that theyr so insecure.

Also, personally I like going against groups like these, its a great oppurtunity for some serious score farming, Keg/Bb/TT/Bazooka/Grenade/Grenadespam or just some good old spraying..
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 06:43 PM by Obode.)
07-10-2009, 06:43 PM | Post: #90
M1k3ol 
(07-10-2009 06:32 PM)Obode Wrote:  Also if you read the other thread about this, shade pretty much confirmed that the ban was ok, but his attitude/lanuage was not.

that reply was an old one (compared to the one here), and he said he will look at that personally...

and the result is what you see -here-

kick for any reason = good (allowed)

ban for any non serious issue (like hacking) and no proof = BAD (and people can contest the ban)

that is set now, so, even if people "like" the idea of banning, bans can get lifted....admins are accountable for the actions taken on their servers (so, they can't hack because they want too Tongue)

07-10-2009, 06:43 PM | Post: #91
Micepudding 
i've never ever seen an all commando team beat a team of organsied soldier's and gunners, despite the supposed overpoweredness of the class. but you're still maknig the incorrect assumption that admins will only ever kick comnmandos, and nothing else will be affected. this isn't the case.
07-10-2009, 06:44 PM | Post: #92
Obode 
Thats not true Mik, that reply is from today, and he actually quote him self from what he said in this thread, as his finally reply to the thread... you might want to re-read it.
07-10-2009, 06:46 PM | Post: #93
Tarby 
I think we are kind of agreeing Obode.

Ultimately I don't really care how people run their own paid-for servers, I just don't want to land on them unless I choose to. Then, I can play the way I want, and they can have their own play and modified rules Smile

I may look into the "check me out" server list for servers that are just "common rules" servers and just play on them, but that kinda sucks if I wanna play somewhere else or if a closer server isn't available (lag is the ultimate gameplay killer Sad ) As it is now, I have no control over where I land once I hit the play now button.

My luck I'll only land on "no commando" servers on my commando, and only land on "knife/pistol" servers on my gunner XD
07-10-2009, 06:49 PM | Post: #94
M1k3ol 
(07-10-2009 06:44 PM)Obode Wrote:  Thats not true Mik, that reply is from today, and he actually quote him self from what he said in this thread, as his finally reply to the thread... you might want to re-read it.

it was done -before- this one (yes I was on the thread at the time) even if its the same day, its still before the one here Tongue

and I read everything, maybe you're skipping this

(07-10-2009 04:13 PM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  Only time it gets serious is when it is done for the wrong reason (racism etc.) or concerns a ban, not a kick.

"or concerns a ban"

bans can be contested, and will be looked at by the team, kicking is good so far Tongue (example, kicking for having an ugly face Tongue), but not so on bans, like it or not...

07-10-2009, 06:50 PM | Post: #95
Obode 
Then you've never seen a organized commando team, 2-3 months back me and 4 other commandos destroyd a group just like this by sticking together and opening fire at the same time.
that said the commandos on the team were fairly skilled, dont remeber theyr names anymore, just remeber the event it self.

anyways, once we opened fire most of them would be dead before they knew what even hit them...
This was in Bb btw.
and if we for some reason didnt get them all fast enough, we'd just run of.

Mik, one question for you.. if he quoted himself from this thread, then how exactly was that reply made before this one ? Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 06:51 PM by Obode.)
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM | Post: #96
Micepudding 
if 5 commandos all stick together on a vehicle map i get in a tank and run them all over. so i doubt the skill of the team you were against was all that great. BUT the point is still trhat your commando kicking server admin could decide to kick me for getting most of my kills with a tank, or for killing him, or for anything else. and i just have to deal with it and hope that the play now button has put me in a fair server.
07-10-2009, 07:01 PM | Post: #97
M1k3ol 
(07-10-2009 06:50 PM)Obode Wrote:  Mik, one question for you.. if he quoted himself from this thread, then how exactly was that reply made before this one ? Smile

are you -really- reading the shadeshooter's posts ?

the one in the other thread was created yesterday at 1:24 pm (on my time zone, gmt-6) the one here was done at 10:13 am

Yesterday, 01:24 PM | Post: #31
Online ShadeShooter +Friend

Today, 10:13 AM | Post: #50
Offline ShadeShooter +Friend

a whole labor day with the team = things discussed....(BTW, in none of the 2 posts he quotes himself, look at them)

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...#pid718688
"I do not have the means to pass this on at the moment but rest assured, I'll see what I can do tomorrow "
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...#pid722278

kick = good

ban = bad

just with kicking, you can enforce no commando game on your server, banning is something different...

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 07:10 PM by M1k3ol.)
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM | Post: #98
Moke 
(07-10-2009 04:13 PM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  Someone who rents, i.e. pays to have their "own", server has the option to kick any player they want. If you find yourself on a server where you don't want to or can't play, we recommend leaving it and clicking Play Now to find yourself a new server. Only time it gets serious is when it is done for the wrong reason (racism etc.) or concerns a ban, not a kick.

Also Razor, they are Battlefield 2 rules, not Battlefield Heroes rules, I'm afraid.

I seriously think you blew a fuse there.....

How on gods green earth can you not see where this leads....

....want knife missions done : nop... kick all soldiers, gunner and snipers....
....want to inflate your kdr... nop... kick anyone better than you...
....anyone ever annoyed about tanks on SS / BB... nop... kick them...
....someone stole your tank so you cant use it to rape.... kick...
....someone capping a flag, but killed you before you stopped them... kick...
.... I could go on here for a long time.

you HAVE to setup ground rules to prevent blatent ABUSE.....

Anyone commenting "your main is a commando... bla bla whine" is a serious moron.

I realize that any rules to "kick" will be impossible to police, which my tingeling spiderscence is telling me is the real reason for this statement.

Off course I see the reasonable in a serveradmins rights to balance his server from 8 commandos to 1-2... but seriously... kicking any commando on sight is ridiculus... or any other class for that matter.

If this is allowed you HAVE to give ppl option to browse servers thru filters who can allow them to choose which kind of game they want.

Someone who rents, i.e. pays to have their "own", server has the option to kick any player they want.

jesus H christ on a popsickle stick Rolleyes

PS : I AM a serverowner
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 07:05 PM by Moke.)
07-10-2009, 07:10 PM | Post: #99
Obode 
(07-10-2009 07:01 PM)M1k3ol Wrote:  
(07-10-2009 06:50 PM)Obode Wrote:  Mik, one question for you.. if he quoted himself from this thread, then how exactly was that reply made before this one ? Smile

are you -really- reading the shadeshooter's posts ?

the one in the other thread was created yesterday at 1:24 pm (on my time zone, gmt-6) the one here was done at 10:13 am

Yesterday, 01:24 PM | Post: #31
Online ShadeShooter +Friend

Today, 10:13 AM | Post: #50
Offline ShadeShooter +Friend

a whole labor day with the team = things discussed....(BTW, in none of the 2 posts he quotes himself, look at them)

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...#pid718688
"I do not have the means to pass this on at the moment but rest assured, I'll see what I can do tomorrow "
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...#pid722278

kick = good

ban = bad

just with kicking, you can enforce no commando game on your server, banning is something different...

You for real ? Tongue

First he responded to this thread

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...663&page=3

Then he quoted him self at the very end of the other thread regarding the Ban.

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...346&page=3

Its great that you ARE a server ''renter'' Moke, then you can avoid kicking for these things.
but just cause you also have a server, that does not in any way give you the right to tell other server ''renters'' what they can and cannot do in theyr own server.

Yeah, you think its idiotic ? just like I think its idiotic that the commando community cant be satisfied by being welcomed with open arms by 90% of the servers.

These 10ish% server that dont allow them, allow other people who are simply tired of how OP the commandos are atm, to actually enjoy the game without jumping on the commando wagon.

I totally agree there should be a better system to identify servers that allow or dont allow certain classes, but this is Dices error, not the community, and the people who have had to suffer from the commando army now for months have finally been given the chance to enjoy the game again.

Fact is if commandos are somewhat properly balanced in the upcoming patch ( hopefully enough to make the fotm players quit or change class ), there wont be as huge balance issues and enforcing no commando or limited commandos per server wont be needed.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 07:21 PM by Obode.)
07-10-2009, 07:18 PM | Post: #100
aa1 
okay, the fun is on! I have my own server, a secret lover donated it for a good course!

It will be a very special kind of game played there, it is called "Get randomly kicked", it will off course be ranked and especially i will have a lot of fun at the game played there.
There will be random kicks, i will try to give a reason, but i cant promise

You can get there simply by pressing the play now button (And have the luck), or take this bookmark.

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list. (This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 07:28 PM by aa1.)