Hello There, Guest!

07-10-2009, 02:21 PM | Post: #1
Haunther  Go to next important person...
Pls could I get an OFFICIAL responce pls, from an EA rep, as this doesn't seem right at all.

[Image: screen188.png]

If you've played BF2 you would have seen this one coming but, as you can see from the image above stupid power hungry noobs are kicking players for "being commando". (I'm aware that commandos are a little OP atm but kicking them is no different to stat padding)

Yeh sure it's their server but I don't want to be there. They need to incorporate a tick box that says something along the lines of...

MATCH TO OFFICIAL EA SERVERS ONLY [ X ]

This game now has BF2's worst feature; Childish & Abusive admins.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT COMMANDOS, it's a thread about servers admins being able to pick and choose how they want to play the game on RANKED SERVERS. MY THREAD, MY RULES!!! (see what I did there?) Wink

This is shades response:

(07-10-2009 04:13 PM)ShadeShooter Wrote:  Someone who rents, i.e. pays to have their "own", server has the option to kick any player they want. If you find yourself on a server where you don't want to or can't play, we recommend leaving it and clicking Play Now to find yourself a new server. Only time it gets serious is when it is done for the wrong reason (racism etc.) or concerns a ban, not a kick.

Also Razor, they are Battlefield 2 rules, not Battlefield Heroes rules, I'm afraid.

So it looks like we'll be seeing knife and pistol servers aswell shortly...

Or even a "no weapons or vehicles what so ever" server aswell? Tongue

[Image: hsther.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 05:43 PM by Haunther.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2009, 02:25 PM | Post: #2
GROM1NATOR 
That's why I don't play on private servers. Only EA Official ones.

07-10-2009, 02:26 PM | Post: #3
Obode 
not abusive at all, commandos a little Op? if that was the case we wouldnt need servers that kick commandos, commandos are freakishly OP, which is besides the point really.

The admin was in no way rude about it from what I can see, He even told you why you got kicked.

His server his rules ( as long as theyr in term with ToS Etc Etc ). I support these kind of servers greatly, theres plenty of servers for you commandos to abuse fast rifle in atm, so dont start whining just because some servers kick you for a in my opinion legit reason.

Find a diffrent server and spare us the qq.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 02:27 PM by Obode.)
07-10-2009, 02:26 PM | Post: #4
Zeven0 
Where have you been?

Players have been anticipating the release of rental servers for this very reason.

You can find posts in several threads and there are even entire threads where players are discussing non-commando and limited-commando servers.
07-10-2009, 02:26 PM | Post: #5
Haunther 
(07-10-2009 02:25 PM)GROM1NATOR Wrote:  That's why I don't play on private servers. Only EA Official ones.

So you only join bookmarked servers?

Problem with that is the game UI is very unhelpful. It doesn't display the location, ping or even if there is a single player in the game.

07-10-2009, 02:27 PM | Post: #6
rklier 
Unfortunately, if you think it is unfair your only choice is move to other server.

Truth be told, admins have the right to do what they want as long as they pay their bills (server rental). Admin powers and will are rights and must be respected.

Although, there are many selfish and immature admins, you can easily find places to enjoy and have a great time ^^

[Image: pubsig.php?ViTALiTY27;199165230;30]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 02:28 PM by rklier.)
07-10-2009, 02:31 PM | Post: #7
Haunther 
(07-10-2009 02:26 PM)Obode Wrote:  not abusive at all

I'm refering to another thread where the admin was being racist.
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/a...852d61f233

(07-10-2009 02:26 PM)Obode Wrote:  if that was the case we wouldnt need servers that kick commandos, commandos are freakishly OP, which is besides the point really.

He shouldnt take the game mechanics into his own hands though, if he wants to do that it should be UNRANKED.

Overwise there would be nothing stopping me from making Knife and Pistol servers to help everyone get the awards because they are "too differcult QQ". My server, my rules. ^^

(07-10-2009 02:26 PM)Obode Wrote:  The admin was in no way rude about it from what I can see, He even told you why you got kicked.

He didnt kick me, he just kicked the other guy then decided to leave himself when I asked for his name. (apparently)

(07-10-2009 02:26 PM)Obode Wrote:  His server his rules ( as long as theyr in term with ToS Etc Etc ).

I'll research that one.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 03:03 PM by Haunther.)
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM | Post: #8
Blackwyn 
As far as the kick / ban just remains a kick / ban, then it's their choice to do whatever they want.
But considering commandos are currently pretty OP, I really don't blame him or the others for starting noncommando designated servers.

But the good news is that they'll be getting a tweak (hopefully for the better, something both commandos and noncommandos will like) and we'll be able to test it on PTE soon. With a more balanced class, I'm sure the admins will let them back in Smile

[Image: PN1bEdp.jpg]
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM | Post: #9
The_Goat_Man 
Kicking commandos from your server???
*My hand went through my face of the hardness of the facepalm*

[Image: 21b9g6t.jpg]

Thanks to Drebin for making this DELICIOUS AND AWESOME signature
07-10-2009, 02:36 PM | Post: #10
Kostolomac 
Their server, their rules.
07-10-2009, 02:36 PM | Post: #11
Nameless Sniper 
I really don't think that is fair, but as others have pointed out, it is his server and his rules.

I am The Nameless Sniper and I approve this message™
[Image: speedgun_sig_814.png]

Former Community Moderator | Twitter | Signature Gallery | Steam | YouTube | Send me a PM

07-10-2009, 02:38 PM | Post: #12
-Vp- 
Fearing High ping?

This might help a bit in joining servers near your location

First of all, visit your [Image: playerprofile.png]
at the top of the screen and click [Image: editaccount.png]

You will see a box popping up and the background darkening and enter your account password you use to log in to this site.
[Image: enterpassword.png]

Once you are in, scroll all the way down and add in the numbers 1 to 4 from the nearest server to the furthest server.
[Image: datacentres.png]

And click Update!

Hope this helps!

I'm in school and working hard in the real world Smile
[Image: yj9ujrf]

07-10-2009, 02:38 PM | Post: #13
Obode 
Lets be honest here Haunther, the servers that should be unranked are the servers that actually allow commandos Smile.

Dice has never said that you are not allowed to keep a certain class from joining, the fact that its not a feature to lock classes is another weakness on dices side tbh.

Hell, theres even a CM that runs a non commando server if memory serves me right.

With the amount of servers availible ( even more now that rentals are out ) you really have no right to whine about a select group of people wanting to play on servers where the game is actually somewhat balanced, and not ruined by the current commando issues.

From what ive seen of the ToS theres nothing that indicates a host should not be able to choose exactly what classes he want in his server.

and dont even try to call it discrimination, cause it simply isnt.
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM | Post: #14
Nameless Sniper 
How is this related to the subject of the thread -Vp-?

@Obode It all depends upon a point of view, commandos may be op, maybe not.

But that does not justify kicking people for playing a certain class

I am The Nameless Sniper and I approve this message™
[Image: speedgun_sig_814.png]

Former Community Moderator | Twitter | Signature Gallery | Steam | YouTube | Send me a PM

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 02:40 PM by Nameless Sniper.)
07-10-2009, 02:40 PM | Post: #15
PC_GAH_BOBZ 
Totally on your side Haunther !!! They should not have the abilety to kick/ban some-one just because he/she plays the commando... On the other hand if you have 4,5 or even 6 commando's on the other side, I realy think a kick is in place...

07-10-2009, 02:43 PM | Post: #16
MassiveImpulsa
WOOT WOOT!

Gief me the server adress!

Its about 1/100 server which kicks for commando, simply join another!
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM | Post: #17
GROM1NATOR 
(07-10-2009 02:26 PM)Haunther Wrote:  
(07-10-2009 02:25 PM)GROM1NATOR Wrote:  That's why I don't play on private servers. Only EA Official ones.

So you only join bookmarked servers?

Problem with that is the game UI is very unhelpful. It doesn't display the location, ping or even if there is a single player in the game.
I try. I have some of the EA servers bookmarked. If there are people playing, great. If not, I have no other choice but to play on private servers, and let the admin kill me a few times, then taunt me.

Btw, check this thread out. I just created it.
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...?tid=73665
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM | Post: #18
Jonzzon 
i dont blame the admin Smile

[Image: bfhsiggy.jpg]
07-10-2009, 02:47 PM | Post: #19
4nonymo 
(07-10-2009 02:39 PM)Nameless Sniper Wrote:  How is this related to the subject of the thread -Vp-?

HE NEEDS COFFEE!!! STAT!!!

Anyways...as U-238 said in one of the alerts, there is an issue with matchmaking and the new servers (password protected servers) which relates to this issue in a way. Hopefully some option (as mentioned) to select "official" (ranked) or "unofficial" (unranked) servers comes out of that as well so server admins (on unranked servers) can freely kick/ban as they see fit, which is totally within their rights as a server lessee.

It's not even a week into the rental servers being up...patience will be your greatest ally.

[Image: banneradrounded900x150t.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 02:49 PM by 4nonymo.)
07-10-2009, 02:48 PM | Post: #20
ArmaGetItOn 
(07-10-2009 02:43 PM)MassiveImpulsa Wrote:  WOOT WOOT!

Gief me the server adress!

Its about 1/100 server which kicks for commando, simply join another!

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT HOW WE CAN GET TO THIS SERVER.

link please!

[Image: sig200257631.png]