Hello There, Guest!
Helps us to help you
24-09-2009, 10:22 AM | Post: #1VitalBullet
Here we bring you small tutorial on how to get and post your hijackthis logs and dxdiag.txt
What this does is it helps us to us see what could be causing some of the issues you may be having with the game.
The dxdiag will show us what hardware and drivers you are using, this allows us to make sure your computer can support the game and lets us see other things that we can then use to suggest possible fixes.
The HijackThis log will show us what processes are running on your computer, this can allow us to see if you are running any applications known to affect the game and/or your network.
For more information about what the HijackThis log contains head on over to This Website and check out their FAQ.
1. Click on the Start button on your Windows Taskbar
2. Click on Run
3. Type 'dxdiag' in the text field
4. Click OK
Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. Right-click on the Menu bar and select Properties
2. Click on the Start Menu tab
3. Click on the Customize button
4. In the upper window, scroll down until you see the Run command and click on the corresponding checkbox
5. Click OK
6. Go to Start (Windows button on the Windows Taskbar)
7. Click Run
8. Type 'dxdiag' in the text field and click OK
Saving your DxDiag report
1. Download this small utility HERE (No installation is needed)
2. Save it somewhere on your computer where it is easy for you to access like your desktop.
3. Once it has finished downloading, double click on the file.
4. It will open a new window, Click on "Do a system scan and save a log file"
5. Once the scan has finished your results will be displayed in notepad.
6. Click "File" and select "Save As"
7. Enter a name and save.
1. When you make a new thread or click on the "New Reply" button in an existing thread you will see the option to add attachments to your post.
2. To add a file click the "Browse" button
3. Browse to where your file is located and double click the file you want to attach.
4. Once you have done that click the "Add Attachment" button.
5. You can repeat this and add more files if you like.
6. Once you have done that and you have finished writing your message click on "Post Topic" or "Post Reply" and you are done.
EDIT: fixed the HijackThis link