Hello There, Guest!

01-02-2014, 04:16 PM | Post: #1
S.as.in.Assassin 
Hi.

So I've been trying out a few different weapon combinations, but not yet have I found one that I've been totally satisfied with. I need something different.

I've seen Steve's Sonic Boom and this one really, really caught my eye. So I'm going to try this one very soon. However, I can't for the life of me decide what weapon would be a suitable match to use this in tandem with.

I don't suppose this would be a primary weapon-type deal, since it's strengt would be more suited to opening and/or finishing battles.

The Surreal Super Rifle comes to mind, with it's handy alt-fire, but how good would this combo be? In theory it should cover most of the ranges (except maybe VERY long range, but ye). Or would I be better of with a closer ranged weapon?

Any and all advice or help would be most appreciated, even more so if a person with some experience with SSB could throw in their 2 cents!

Heart
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 04:18 PM by S.as.in.Assassin.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 04:53 PM | Post: #2
Mad^Jack
Battle Rifle/War Fighter. Works with everything.
01-02-2014, 05:43 PM | Post: #3
AdiosHACKER 
The Steve's Sonic Boom/ Sergei's subwoofer is a very fun weapon specially because of the push back force that mess with the opponent's aim Tongue. It looks and sounds good(specially roy's), and its SUPER good at MR (sweet spot), I hit 40-70 with It. Decent at SR but is HORRIBLE at LR (marshmallow thrower). Its a a lil' harder to aim with it than a normal shotgun, but once u get used to it you'll have no problem. If you want something different yet powerful, this weapon is for you, use it with a any SMG or a good LR weapon. I own ppl while singing... Cool

I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation...
♪♫
02-02-2014, 12:33 AM | Post: #4
Dr. Rabbit 
The Sonic Boom can be a little gimmicky, but when used properly, can cause major, major problems for your enemies. If you can get all the projectiles to connect, the gun does extremely high damage with the extra perk of slightly knocking enemies back. This can be a godsend for when enemies are trying to camp on rooftops or on high ledges. A direct hit with the Sonic Boom, also factoring criticals, can do anywhere from 50-70 damage.

It's also a good tool for disrupting your enemy's aim and giving you a little breathing room in a close range fight.

Just bear in mind that this shotgun has a VERY slow firing rate, and that if enemies are a fairly long distance away from you, then it gets easily beat out by other LR weapons like Assault Shotguns, LRSG's and LR Pistols, as the Sonic Boom is primarily a MR weapon.

Because of this, the Sonic Boom is a great "Opener/Finisher" weapon at short or mid range, and makes a good pairing with the Battle Rifle, Warfighter, or even the SRSMG. Just make sure you make your shots count, or else you'll be sorry.

If you really want to be unique, you can try and pair it with another shotgun of your choice for better burst-damage coverage.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 12:44 AM by Dr. Rabbit.)
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM | Post: #5
S.as.in.Assassin 
Been trying it out, it's quite hard to get the hang of it. Especially finding that sweet spot is hard.

Still trying out different weapon combinations, so far it performed best with the Surreal Super Rifle.

Gonna try Warfighter soon.
05-02-2014, 01:17 AM | Post: #6
MrChop 
(02-02-2014 12:33 AM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  A direct hit with the Sonic Boom, also factoring criticals, can do anywhere from 50-70 damage.

I don't think it crits.

a BFH fansite since 2008
how to ` buy funds for cheap anywhere

[Image: u8QZp5K.gif][Image: GtfUUrO.gif]
[Image: spider.png]
[Image: CT1HO5f.png]

Oct 2014: A shame it's occurring even more rapidly than my prognosis.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 01:56 AM | Post: #7
MrChop 
(03-02-2014 05:06 PM)S.as.in.Assassin Wrote:  Been trying it out, it's quite hard to get the hang of it. Especially finding that sweet spot is hard.

Indeed. Its velocity is probably the 2nd slowest in the entire game, its damage tapers off quite drastically outside the relatively small medium range, etc. All factors that make it very hard to take advantage of its POWER at medium range. But once it hits, oh boy.

I posted the stats here in comparison with the Repeaters and Assault SG if you're interested: http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=458341

a BFH fansite since 2008
how to ` buy funds for cheap anywhere

[Image: u8QZp5K.gif][Image: GtfUUrO.gif]
[Image: spider.png]
[Image: CT1HO5f.png]

Oct 2014: A shame it's occurring even more rapidly than my prognosis.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 04:42 AM | Post: #8
Dr. Rabbit 
(05-02-2014 01:17 AM)MrChop Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 12:33 AM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  A direct hit with the Sonic Boom, also factoring criticals, can do anywhere from 50-70 damage.

I don't think it crits.

Weird. I hit those numbers when I tested it. That's probably just it's natural output then, if that's the case.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 04:43 AM by Dr. Rabbit.)
05-02-2014, 08:50 AM | Post: #9
S.as.in.Assassin 
(05-02-2014 01:56 AM)MrChop Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 05:06 PM)S.as.in.Assassin Wrote:  Been trying it out, it's quite hard to get the hang of it. Especially finding that sweet spot is hard.

Indeed. Its velocity is probably the 2nd slowest in the entire game, its damage tapers off quite drastically outside the relatively small medium range, etc. All factors that make it very hard to take advantage of its POWER at medium range. But once it hits, oh boy.

I posted the stats here in comparison with the Repeaters and Assault SG if you're interested: http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=458341
Very helpful that thread, thank you!

Still having a hard time with it, but then again, I probably could be spending more time getting to know the quirks of the weapon. Right now I'm kinda all over the place, trying out weapon combinations.

I still like the combination with the Surreal Super Rifle, kinda makes me want to rename myself to something like "The Dislocator" Tongue

Good thing to know that it doesn't crit, which means that Just Right mod is probably the workbench upgrade best suited for this gun. Was mostly dubbing between the crit one and Just Right.
06-02-2014, 03:50 PM | Post: #10
HomicideJack 
I've one-shotted mandos with the National version, which I managed to win in the claw some time back. I'd rather take an assault shotgun to be honest, but the sonic shotgun is certainly useful on its own. I've found that you can use it at LR to disrupt a sniper aim, while keeping it at close range for insane instantaneous firepower.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 03:51 PM by HomicideJack.)
10-02-2014, 02:17 PM | Post: #11
Kisame150 
I just got the subwoofer from the claw... and i love it, it's a great initial damage kind of gun.. just one shot and then switch to your other weapon (In my case a SRSMG) and you already have the advantage in a fight ;3.... a SR/MR weapon goes well with it if you want to maximize your SR power... a LRSMG works too if you feel too weak LR wise.

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 02:27 PM by Kisame150.)
10-02-2014, 05:54 PM | Post: #12
osma96 
You could try combining your shotgun with Barry's Barrel-O-Mania/Coen's Combined Crusher. They're good in all ranges because of their underslug shotgun mod that works even while shooting normally (unlike other pistols). Just an idea, never used Steve's Sonic Boom myself.

[Image: 80fz.png]