APELINCOLN 

BFH: The Apocalypse

Table of Content:
  • Important Notes
  • The Story
  • The Outfits and Weapons
  • The Maps and Environment
  • The Gamemode

Before I speak, I have something important to say: Make sure to read everything!
Oh, and also, there's no "real" zombies are added!

The Story

One of the best things about BFH, is when the Developers tell us a story. For instance, the "Operation Moon Map" saga was extremely astonishing and many view it as one of the best themes in BFH. The Scientists, Robots and Astronauts were all connected (agents were kinda connected, too). Signs were added in-game, teasing the community about a possible moon map. Executive trailers that continued the story made me excited to see more and more.

Now, I think it's been a long time ago since we've had such a "story". I think that BFH definitely could need something like the Operation Moon Map.

You may or may not know that I'm a huge fan of "The Last of Us" and its universe. I'm not saying that BFH should copy TLOU, but a little inspiration could always be fun :3

Nevertheless, here's my idea for the story:

A new wierd, bizarre and unknown infection has been discovered. It is spreading extraordinarily fast, and its symptoms are extremly severe.
The infections causes aenemia, hypoxia, necrosis, insomnia, paranoia, insanity and extremely aggresive behaviour.
Basically, the infection turns the host into a zombie-like, aggresive psycopath.

The Royal and National scientists are working hard on a cure. However, all of their experiments are completely powerless against the sickness. The amount of infected rise and all the battlefield soldiers retreat. The few survivors that remain must fight to protect their limited supplies. Two groups form, "Royal Residues" and "National Survivors". Just because there's an apocalypse, it doesn't mean that the war shouldn't go on Wink

The Outfits and Weapons

Yay! Now for the awesome stuff.

The first outfits to hit the store would of course be the "Scientists" - this could be done as a "teaser" for the upcoming zombies. This is basically a re-release.

Next up would be two completely new Zombie Outfits for each faction:
[Image: x4Kll9C.png]

Regarding the clothing, I'm thinking of torn, ragged, ripped, broken, dirty, old, mangled and severed textile clothing.
Something that looks like this:

Following the Zombies, the next to hit the store is the Survivors:
[Image: hPcgBGJ.png]

The survivors' supplies are limited - they are running low on bullets, bandaids, helmets and other kinds of protection. Therefore, they must use whatever they find. Biker helmets, backpacks, scarfs, masks, baseball bats etc.
Something that looks like this:

Weapons:

Commando:
Baseball bats (Slight chance of "stunning" the enemy - slowing them down)
Wrench/Hammer (Capable of repairing vehicles - or maybe damage them)
Saw/Butcherknife (massive damage, short range, medium velocity)

Soldier:
Musket (Short range, headshot bonus damage, no scope attatched)
Medium Range/Long Range Pistol (with scope attatched, does great damage at MR)

Gunner:
Short Range Shotgun (Slight knockback on enemies, little cloud of powder to block the view)
Feel free to suggest some ideas for weapons Confused

The Maps and Environment

The cool thing about the Moon Map saga was, that the Devs added small easter eggs in the hoth maps. This is actually a very important thing to do, as the easter eggs in-game helps one to get into the mood of the current theme. For instance, adding snow, christmas lights and icicles in maps makes people find the Christmas spirit - and perhaps buy a few christmas items?

The same should go for the Apocalypse theme. I want to feel like I am one of the few survivors in-game. What about adding scratches and cracks in the buildings of Victory Village? Maybe add a few more trees in the map, put some vines and moss on the houses. Move around on the crates - maybe somebody tried to open them? Add a puddle or two here and there. And voilá: Victory Village has turned into a scenario from a true zombie-apocalypse.

In my opinion, the environment and spirit of maps are just as important as the weapons, emotes and outfits.

The Story

And finally, the new gamemode. I know what you're thinking: "Royals and Nationals collaborate in order to kill zombies together."

Nope, that was not what I had in mind. Battlefield Heroes' game-engine cannot handle Artificial Intelligence at the moment (or so I believe), so no "real" zombies in the game for now.

However, the two sides "Royal Residues" and "National Survivors" (not two actual factions) fight against each other in Infantry maps. What does the gamemode do? It's basically an ordinary Death Match gamemode, HOWEVER, your supplies are limited.

Tonic's cooldown is doubled
Bandaids heal 10% if you're near a teammate (5m radius?)
All weapons' ammo are divided in half. (A cheeser with 120 bullets now only containt 60 bullets)
Weapons cannot be reloaded (Except for Pistols and Shotguns)

This gamemode focuses on precision - make every shot count.

That's it, folks. I hope you enjoyed reading this. Now, for the feedback:

Would you like zombie outfits?
Would you like new apocalyptic map designs? (Don't worry, the old and original maps would still stay and be playable)
Do you like the gamemode? (Don't worry, the old and original gamemodes would still stay and be playable)
Do you generally like this idea? Yes/No? Why/Why not?
Do you have anything you wish to add to the main post?

~APE
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 06:59 PM by APELINCOLN.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 01:55 PM | Post: #2
APELINCOLN 
I encourage you to read the Wikipedia articles about the specific symptoms which are linked in the OP.

Aenemia, hypoxia, necrosis, insomnia, paranoia, insanity and extremely aggresive behaviour.

When "designing" the zombies, I was very inspired and influenced by images and articles of "gangrene, necrosis and hypoxia".

It's important to not make the zombies bloody or gory, because then it wouldn't fit with the story. Remember: they didn't rise from the dead. The "zombies" are simply just insane, infected human beings.

Sign List

APELINCOLN
Extremeboy13
PipAntarctic

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 12:53 PM by APELINCOLN.)
21-11-2013, 02:03 PM | Post: #3
Whereisaimomg 
Just a little thing. If pistols and shotguns are the only reloadable weapons... isn't this going to be:
1: Campy
2: Making soldier OP? Since they can wiled both... unless pirate pistol + Long range shotgun works :O or dual pistols on mando? Not sure, just what I picked up maybe I'm wrong...
21-11-2013, 02:07 PM | Post: #4
APELINCOLN 
(21-11-2013 02:03 PM)Whereisaimomg Wrote:  Just a little thing. If pistols and shotguns are the only reloadable weapons... isn't this going to be:
1: Campy
2: Making soldier OP? Since they can wiled both... unless pirate pistol + Long range shotgun works :O or dual pistols on mando? Not sure, just what I picked up maybe I'm wrong...

Yes, that is correct. Soldiers definitely have an advantage here, also because they can heal themselves with CM.

But what if only Gunners could reload their explosives? Would that balance the gameplay? :o

E: All pistols and all shotguns can reload Smile

(21-11-2013 02:08 PM)UberComandEr Wrote:  no rifles? Sad

No new rifles? Well, the musket for the soldiers is a rifle (like the Civil War Rifle)

Or do you mean rifles used in the gamemode? Commando's would be too campy - therefore snipers can't reload.

(This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 02:10 PM by APELINCOLN.)
21-11-2013, 02:08 PM | Post: #5
.Pure_Pwnage. 
no rifles? Sad

[Image: fp1b8j.png]
21-11-2013, 02:17 PM | Post: #6
EddyKawabata 
^If you mean snipers, then they aren't needed. There would be some rifles for the soldier, though.

[Image: ftoqoi.png]
Signature made by GunGub.
21-11-2013, 02:23 PM | Post: #7
HammyTheBunny 
/sign Tongue

21-11-2013, 02:25 PM | Post: #8
gummybahr 
Eventhough you say it aint a suggestion.. it is

Should be in suggestion section.

21-11-2013, 02:27 PM | Post: #9
TPangolin 
(21-11-2013 02:25 PM)gummybahr Wrote:  Eventhough you say it aint a suggestion.. it is

I might even have to bring out my "This is not a foot" picture again Tongue

If you encounter a poor, wild and naked Salvenius, please lend him some pants.
[Image: sZ5rw9G.png]
The Candied Bacon Podcast returns! Click Here to find out more!
21-11-2013, 02:32 PM | Post: #10
Pitkins 
(21-11-2013 02:25 PM)gummybahr Wrote:  Eventhough you say it aint a suggestion.. it is

This...

moved...

[Image: tumblr_lyi9dqXDg61r56nkho1_500.gif]

I'm a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative

21-11-2013, 02:58 PM | Post: #11
APELINCOLN 
Great. Now it's gonna die again, and it's practically useless now.

(This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 03:13 PM by APELINCOLN.)
21-11-2013, 03:51 PM | Post: #12
Bownage. 
(21-11-2013 01:53 PM)APELINCOLN Wrote:  Weapons:

Commando:
Baseball bats (Slight chance of "stunning" the enemy - slowing them down)
Wrench/Hammer (Capable of repairing vehicles - or maybe damage them)
Saw/Butcherknife (massive damage, short range, medium velocity)

Soldier:
Musket (Short range, headshot bonus damage, no scope attatched)
Medium Range/Long Range Pistol (with scope attatched, does great damage at MR)

Gunner:
Short Range Shotgun (Slight knockback on enemies, little cloud of powder to block the view)
Feel free to suggest some ideas for weapons Confused

So...

Quote:"stunning" - slowing them down

Stunning? Or slowing? I think a short stun of 0.5s would be much more reasonable than a slow as well.
That being said, mandos would be kind of useless in a sense of team survivability. It would make much more sense to let the soldier have a sniper rifle instead. No one needs invis heroes in a zombie gamemode. They'll be no use to the team.

Quote:Saw/Butcherknife

Sounds like a knife reskin. Please no.
The Musket simply describes the pirate pistol so it's pointless making a new weapon for that.

MR/LRP with scope sounds cool though, this is something i've wanted to see in BFH for a while. Simply adding the scoped .44 Magnum from BF3 to the armory would be great.

Quote:Short range shotgun for gunner

Like this?
[Image: Gow-3-sawed-off-2.jpeg]

Coolest weapon ever, from GOW3. Pushback and ridiculous damage at point blank. 2 shots.
Pls gib.

Would love a zombie gamemode.

[Image: hdmgSK0.png]
21-11-2013, 04:42 PM | Post: #13
Wow_National 
I really like this idea and I would like to suggest a change to the map, that is a fog and a sound of ravens hoping to have been of help.

Click on my signature and play to War & Diplomacy
21-11-2013, 04:53 PM | Post: #14
Bixxy. 
(21-11-2013 03:51 PM)Bownage. Wrote:  Would love a zombie gamemode.

no have a rather crappy instantly-lose-when-1 team-has-a-hacker gamemode.

[Image: 2q2kff9.png]
21-11-2013, 11:16 PM | Post: #15
SmallArmy 
I'd love that! Just watched all 4 seasons of The Walking Dead (incredibly good serie).

Baseball bat sounds more reasonable than anything, since that's what usually comes up in zombie apocalypse movies.

Baseball bat: 20-50 damage maybe, and a chance of critical hit at 58? Kinda like machete but bit better. And please, don't nerf it afterwards...

Btw, wouldn't it be cool if the crossbows (for soldier) could have a scope? Like the civil war rifles. I mean the current existing crossbows, but altering them to have scope mode aswell. Smile

Also, windows has to be broken in some houses. Maybe the cross on the top of the church can be bit broken? Like cut in half or something more or less.

On the gun note, luckily knife needs no reloading and nor will the bat Smile

I can already imagine some frikking awesome zombies. Unfortunately they're in my mind, and i suck at drawing and such so i won't be able to share my thoughts Sad

/sign

because this is could be a potential theme that will have much success to be liked by all fashion tastes.

22-11-2013, 04:43 PM | Post: #16
APELINCOLN 
^I like the broken windows idea - it gives the creepy touch of the maps :3

22-11-2013, 10:30 PM | Post: #17
Extremeboy13 
/sign

[Image: 4]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Free Shooter Game
23-11-2013, 05:31 PM | Post: #18
APELINCOLN 
(22-11-2013 10:30 PM)Extremeboy13 Wrote:  /sign

Thanks ^_^

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 11:54 AM by APELINCOLN.)
24-11-2013, 12:19 PM | Post: #19
PipAntarctic 
/sign

But please, give them Afro wigs

[Image: 33bn8k7.jpg]

Made by CommanderNewby. Join the HORDE! | Not responding on PM's from 26th of July to 2nd of August. I will read them the following day i return Smile | Helicopter map!

25-11-2013, 04:38 PM | Post: #20
APELINCOLN 
^wat :o