Hello There, Guest!

09-10-2013, 04:08 PM | Post: #1
APELINCOLN 

The 17th Century Cannoneer

This playstyle is currently only available for Commandos and Soldiers.

Table of content:
  • Introduction
  • Requirements (Ability set-up for Soldier and Commando)
  • Tactics and Strategies
  • Additional notes

Introduction

This playstyle is extremely difficult to master. You constantly need to be in a moderate range according to your enemy's position.
However, we guarantee 90% fun, 8% pwnage and 2% rage.
*refunds will not take place

Requirements

Royal

National

Jack's Cloudmaker
Hector's Hatred

North Markman's Repeater
South Sharpshooter's Repeater

North Infantry's Repeater
South Trooper's Repeater

Abilities:

Commando
- Stealth 5
- Piercing Shot 5
- Elixir 4
- Troop Trap 1
- Mark Target 1

Soldier
- Combat Medicine 5
- Blasting Strike 5
- Burning Bullets 4
- Sixth Sense 1
- Grenade Spam 1

Alright. Now I'm going to talk a little about why I recommend this specific ability set-up. The most important thing to keep in mind, while using this playing style, is to keep a distance to your enemy. You need to be in the moderate range all of the time. Therefore, The Commando needs Stealth and Elixir maxed out. This is so that you can strike at the perfect timing, and if everything fails, you can always run away. Another important factor is the shield you gain when you activate Elixir. Piercing Shot is also very important. It allows you to shift between weapons a lot faster. Let's say you fire a Pirate Pistol bullet, and you need to change to the Civil War rifle quickly, all you gotta do is activate the Piercing Shot. Of course, PS also boosts the damage. A 63 hit on an enemy could turn out to a 86 hit. This is a huge difference - the difference between a one shot kill or a two shot kill on a mando. The rifle is extremely slow, so you need to make every shot count. The mark target and Troop Trap can always be handy, but they are just not that important with this set-up. Despite it being quite nooby, I suggest you get yourself an MGL for your Commando. It can really pay off in the tightest moments.

The same goes for The Soldier. You have got to be able to keep your enemies in line. Always be in the moderate zone - this is why Blasting Strike should be trained to LVL 5. If an enemy gets too close, you must be capable of differencing the range. Combat Medicine must also be maxed out. Health is important - Tonics and Bandaids are not enough for a moderate range soldier. Also, you can heal your teammates, and gain points for the War Room. As already stated, you must be able to change between weapons. Buffing the damage is also a huge bonus, too. Therefore, I encourage you to train BB to LVL 4. This will increase the damage, and inflict damage over time, forcing the enemy to waste his tonics, bandaids or CM. Use this Burning Bullets responsible - do not spam it - use it in the right situations. Grenade Spam and Sixth Sense are already pretty effective, they do not need further Hero Points to be trained. There's a huge variety of explosives to equip in game. Some interesting ideas are the debuff gun, smoke grenade, healing gun and an MGL. The Handgrenade is not suited for moderate range - I suggest you try a new explosive, something that fits your personal taste.

Tactics and Strategies

The Lucky Shot
When you are really close to an enemy, you can fire your Civil War Rifle without aiming. It's accuracy is not extremely precise, but it can hit an enemy if you're lucky. Activate BB or PS, and fire the gun as if it's a Pirate Pistol. If you are close enough, you will strike your enemy, and you could swiftly change to the PP and fire another shot. If the enemy is still not dead, use other options: Blasting Strike, MGL, Troop Trap, Diverse widgets etc.

The Flamin' Hot Camper
The Civil War rifle does not deal a lot of damage from far away - however, you can still hit people. If you combine BB and the Rifle, you can light people on fire, while you deal 8 - 12 damage from the actual rifle. If the enemy is already low on life, you might end up killing the enemy.

Hide 'n' Seek
Do not expect to do well on Inland Invasion, Alpine Assault or Buccaneer Bay. You need to be in tight, close environments, like Victory Village, Perilious Port or Riverside Rush. You must be able to hide and take cover at anytime. Strike when the time is right and vanquish your foes.

The Long Range Harrasment Device
The rifle's damage is weak at long range. Shoot your enemies from a long distance to annoy them, and force them to use bandages or Combat Medicine, when it's not really necessary.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 10:42 AM by APELINCOLN.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2013, 04:11 PM | Post: #2
APELINCOLN 
[Image: b2gm.png]

Thanks to Rolism
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 10:36 AM by APELINCOLN.)
09-10-2013, 04:13 PM | Post: #3
APELINCOLN 
//reserved

09-10-2013, 04:40 PM | Post: #4
G0IdenB!rdey
Wow, i think ill give this a try!
09-10-2013, 05:18 PM | Post: #5
PipAntarctic 
Can we post?

Anyways, i wish i could try this out on my mando...
EDIT: Infantry Rifles can be listed on forums. They are released thus they can be posted.

[Image: 33bn8k7.jpg]

Made by CommanderNewby. Join the HORDE! | Not responding on PM's from 26th of July to 2nd of August. I will read them the following day i return Smile | Helicopter map!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 05:19 PM by PipAntarctic.)
09-10-2013, 06:10 PM | Post: #6
APELINCOLN 
(09-10-2013 05:18 PM)PipAntarctic Wrote:  Can we post?

Anyways, i wish i could try this out on my mando...
EDIT: Infantry Rifles can be listed on forums. They are released thus they can be posted.

Item ID? :o

09-10-2013, 06:26 PM | Post: #7
PipAntarctic 
South Trooper's RepeaterNorth Infantry's Repeater

[Image: 33bn8k7.jpg]

Made by CommanderNewby. Join the HORDE! | Not responding on PM's from 26th of July to 2nd of August. I will read them the following day i return Smile | Helicopter map!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 06:26 PM by PipAntarctic.)
09-10-2013, 06:34 PM | Post: #8
APELINCOLN 
^ Heart Heart Heart

13-10-2013, 05:13 PM | Post: #9
billijean 
It's hard to deal with melee / short range fighters :I

[Image: 1236xae.png]
14-10-2013, 08:28 AM | Post: #10
Moran647 
(13-10-2013 05:13 PM)billijean Wrote:  It's hard to deal with melee / short range fighters :I

It's hard to deal with ANYONE who is not AFK with this rile. Considering it's accuracy is bugged - I can't hit the target 2 meters away from me - he trembles as the shot landing animation plays, but no damage is being dealt, he doesn't even notice me. I was enraged when I found out that my Bending Bone Bow is much more accurate and effective on mid-range than this BS nerfed-to-death PP reskin.

You know why else is it ridiculously bad? You can not quickscope with it for better accuracy. You point on target, you press the scope button and your aim goes lower and to the right of it's initial point. This is just ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 14-10-2013 08:39 AM by Moran647.)
16-10-2013, 11:48 AM | Post: #11
APELINCOLN 
The play style is not meant for owning, it's more like a "fun" thing :3

16-10-2013, 12:23 PM | Post: #12
Pvt.Matrasov 
Well it's not "fun" if your bullets deal no damage. the rifle's Hit detection is so tarded I'd be better off useing it as a Sam Sword reskin - ESPECIALLY on the soldier.

[Image: dc4rco.png]
16-10-2013, 06:45 PM | Post: #13
Demond^ 
Awesome guide, had some good fun reading through and should try out Smile

[Image: esuwz5.png]
16-10-2013, 09:19 PM | Post: #14
JustBelgian1 
(16-10-2013 06:45 PM)Demond^ Wrote:  Awesome guide, had some good fun reading through and should try out Smile

Are you back? Smile

[Image: 5vb3aw.png]

Back from holidays

17-10-2013, 03:09 PM | Post: #15
billijean 
but always enjoying to see, that some ppl are using unique play styles Big GrinD

[Image: 1236xae.png]
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM | Post: #16
APELINCOLN 
It can also knock out a few enemies from a long distance, if you use PS at the same time Tongue

03-11-2013, 04:01 PM | Post: #17
Retroriffic-Man 
remember to look the part as well Smile

[Image: b2gm.png]

]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 04:01 PM by Retroriffic-Man.)
17-11-2013, 02:18 PM | Post: #18
APELINCOLN 
OMG, Rowan, I'm soooooooooooooooooooo jelllllllll D:

17-12-2013, 12:35 PM | Post: #19
BattlefailedHero
LOOK DIS...

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/forum/index.php
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 12:36 PM by BattlefailedHero.)
19-12-2013, 08:21 AM | Post: #20
Kevkas 
You can't use bb with shotguns...I think you can't use bb with South Sharpshooter's Repeater correct?
So this won't work "If you combine BB and the Rifle, you can light people on fire"