Hello There, Guest!

24-05-2013, 08:31 AM | Post: #1
mando_BOoM 
title says it all... is it just me thats not getting emailed?? and will it come in our rewards if we dont use the email?? and is battlefield play4free getting them same? cause if so we might be able to get 2,000 funds even though i allready bought funds today

[IMG700x225]http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11803063/img/11803063.jpg[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 08:35 AM | Post: #2
HELICOPTER_AMBO 
Not a bug.

(22-03-2013 04:41 PM)AnnaBo Wrote:  With regards to the email discussion going on in this thread - I am very glad to hear that so many want the BFH newsletters! Smile And I'm very sorry to hear that you aren't receiving any.

If you are opted-in (have ticked the box) then you have indeed agreed to get newsletters/updates from Battlefield Heroes. That being said, it's not possible to send newsletters to all players around the world due to the cost of translation and distribution. We do try to cover as many places as possible, but sadly some countries won't receive our emails.

So depending on where you are based you might not get any. Apologies if it's not the answer you were looking for, but unfortunately I can't do anything to change that fact - if it was only up to me (and I had the budget) I would send BFH emails to everybody. Wink

[Image: DuckJunkie.gif]

Youtube Channel | Twitch! | BF4 | I am a community moderator, not an official EA representative | Steam | 100 Duckshots? | Forum Rules

24-05-2013, 08:38 AM | Post: #3
NationalCool 
we dont mind if its not translated, lol almost everyone understands english

[Image: 2lsh8xx.jpg]
24-05-2013, 08:40 AM | Post: #4
Pegasus~ 
(24-05-2013 08:38 AM)NationalCool Wrote:  we dont mind if its not translated, lol almost everyone understands english

You'd be surprised by how many people don't.

[Image: 25985_s.gif]
24-05-2013, 08:48 AM | Post: #5
MrCrwe 
i actuly need those funds for 17 min

24-05-2013, 08:57 AM | Post: #6
Dr. Rabbit 
(24-05-2013 08:35 AM)HELICOPTER_AMBO Wrote:  Not a bug.

(22-03-2013 04:41 PM)AnnaBo Wrote:  With regards to the email discussion going on in this thread - I am very glad to hear that so many want the BFH newsletters! Smile And I'm very sorry to hear that you aren't receiving any.

If you are opted-in (have ticked the box) then you have indeed agreed to get newsletters/updates from Battlefield Heroes. That being said, it's not possible to send newsletters to all players around the world due to the cost of translation and distribution. We do try to cover as many places as possible, but sadly some countries won't receive our emails.

So depending on where you are based you might not get any. Apologies if it's not the answer you were looking for, but unfortunately I can't do anything to change that fact - if it was only up to me (and I had the budget) I would send BFH emails to everybody. Wink

You also left out the awesome part where she said that the automated e-mail system will sometimes randomly choose to ignore you for the sake of marketing analysis...

I'm right in the heart of California, which is among the top 4 most populated states in the U.S of A, and I haven't received any promotional codes for funds or unlimited items in a couple years, so her excuse here is complete baloney for me.

And yes, I ticked the box, and yes, I check my spam filters.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 09:00 AM by Dr. Rabbit.)
24-05-2013, 09:04 AM | Post: #7
wizzyfox 
(24-05-2013 08:38 AM)NationalCool Wrote:  we dont mind if its not translated, lol almost everyone understands english

Nope.
24-05-2013, 09:09 AM | Post: #8
kayack1 
i got the email ... without the funds code but there's still a little message saying that the code expires 31 december 2013 ??
and when i click on the "play" button in the email , i am redirected to the redeem code page but without the code ...

[Image: cm4xnoc]

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nh...eekday=tue
24-05-2013, 09:58 AM | Post: #9
HELICOPTER_AMBO 
(24-05-2013 08:57 AM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  

You also left out the awesome part where she said that the automated e-mail system will sometimes randomly choose to ignore you for the sake of marketing analysis...

I'm right in the heart of California, which is among the top 4 most populated states in the U.S of A, and I haven't received any promotional codes for funds or unlimited items in a couple years, so her excuse here is complete baloney for me.

And yes, I ticked the box, and yes, I check my spam filters.

I just posed the only quote I knew related to this Tongue

I dont think I've got anything since the nfsw outfits, and I didnt get those for a few days after the hype

[Image: DuckJunkie.gif]

Youtube Channel | Twitch! | BF4 | I am a community moderator, not an official EA representative | Steam | 100 Duckshots? | Forum Rules

24-05-2013, 10:10 AM | Post: #10
Draganuv 

So explain this, my German friend here got the email (in German) Which included the code for a 1 day helicopter trial (not that great, but better than nothing). I've received the same email only missing the part about the helicopter, that has nothing to do with the country I live in, because I do receive the email. So why is my redeem code missing?

German email:

[Image: heli.PNG]

my email:

[Image: 2z74ubt.png]

Edit:

Here's also a french email from a guy who got 1000funds for free:

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=961af89fe10b62...mp;amp;c=1]

[Image: 862e.gif]
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 10:24 AM by Draganuv.)
24-05-2013, 02:55 PM | Post: #11
MultiAcerboy 
Why randomly ''choose/ignore'' players from getting newsletters?
Why is it better not to send emails if you don't have a good enaugh budget to translate them? (players can just use google translate anyways..)
Why is it better, when people will make lots of alt accounts to farm codes because of this?
Just leave codes on the BFH facebook page again, I don't care if a few kids doesn't have facebook.
And how about the <Rewards> page in <My stuff>?

Do something. It's not fair when some players get codes and some players don't. Give codes to everyone or don't give anything at all, because there are more mad players than happy players with the way codes are being given out.

24-05-2013, 03:03 PM | Post: #12
ForestMystical 
(24-05-2013 10:10 AM)Draganuv Wrote:  

So explain this, my German friend here got the email (in German) Which included the code for a 1 day helicopter trial (not that great, but better than nothing). I've received the same email only missing the part about the helicopter, that has nothing to do with the country I live in, because I do receive the email. So why is my redeem code missing?

German email:

[Image: heli.PNG]

my email:

[Image: 2z74ubt.png]

Edit:

Here's also a french email from a guy who got 1000funds for free:

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=961af89fe10b62...mp;amp;c=1]

I have said it numerous of times earlier :

Ea has blacklisted some countries from getting free stuff !

[Image: 28742_s.gif]
24-05-2013, 03:18 PM | Post: #13
MCBA 
(24-05-2013 08:40 AM)disgaidaidg Wrote:  

Yeah, but what's about Google Translater???

24-05-2013, 03:23 PM | Post: #14
BTTLE-paul-BTTLE 
Hummm.. my game settings are on english? doesn't that say I can read, and accept English emails?

wow

very forum

much meme

such signature

[Image: 77e.gif]
24-05-2013, 05:41 PM | Post: #15
Hirokid 
Hmm... Seems somewhat unfair.

24-05-2013, 05:43 PM | Post: #16
Skillica 
(24-05-2013 05:41 PM)Hirokid Wrote:  Hmm... Seems somewhat unfair.

[Image: finalmsm.jpg]
|My YouTube | My Twitter | My Steam | SkillZ™ Gaming|
24-05-2013, 05:51 PM | Post: #17
BloodOnDaFloor 
OMG got my first ever email with a code!1!!!1

EDIT: An error occured when redeeming you code. Please try again in a few minutes. -.-

[Image: PXi8W.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 05:51 PM by BloodOnDaFloor.)
24-05-2013, 07:02 PM | Post: #18
AmritSahota 
I got a email with no code, please EA, what is this???? I got a email saying join the fight but not the one with a code!?!??!?!

[Image: 0911.gif]
24-05-2013, 07:19 PM | Post: #19
TheSurpriser 
(24-05-2013 08:40 AM)disgaidaidg Wrote:  

:3

24-05-2013, 07:20 PM | Post: #20
Dazkid33 
Alright, so how can one get on the mailing list for these e-mails? I figured it'd just be for news and stuff, but this looks potentially interesting.

*EDIT* Never mind, found my answer seconds after posting this. The wonders of the internet~

(This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 07:24 PM by Dazkid33.)