Hello There, Guest!

05-04-2013, 09:16 AM | Post: #1
Dr. Rabbit  Go to next important person...
Without a doubt, the War Room is one of the biggest and most welcome changes to BFH. Not only does it give long-time BFH veterans something new to sink their teeth into, but it will also give newer players a chance to contribute and earn rewards, regardless of their skill level.

I have put this post together to help those who still haven't fully grasped what all the excitement is about, as well as to offer guidance and make things easier for those who gain access, as the War Room does require a little bit of understanding before you can jump in.

(Note: The War Room is still in a beta stage, and all the information here may be a little rough around the edges. Everything is subject to change as development of this feature continues.)

What is the War Room?

Simply put, the War Room is BFH's metagame. But what is a metagame, you ask?

Well, without getting too much into Greek prefixes and advanced concepts of language, the word "metagame" translates to "a game beyond a game", which basically means that when you play a round of BFH, you are NOT just shooting people in the face anymore, you are shooting people in the face... for a much larger purpose, and a much bigger goal.

How do I gain access to the War Room?

Once you sign up, you can enter it by clicking on "War Room" under the "Game" tab at the top of the page:

[Image: 2e21gxv.png]

You can also access the War Room through the designated button at the results screen that displays at the end of a round.

How do I participate in the War Room?

Before getting to the action, you will be asked to join either the Royals or the Nationals, a decision that may be simple for some, and very hard for others. This will dictate which side you will contribute your efforts for in the current war.

[Image: 34ooweo.png]

Once you pick a side, you can only use your Heroes of that faction if you wish to contribute to the war effort.

Don't worry. This decision is not permanent. When the current war ends and a new one begins, you will have another chance to pick the faction you want to fight for. You can fight for the Nationals in one war, then fight for the Royals in the next war if you wish, or you can just totally devote yourself to your favorite faction.

The choice is yours.

After picking a faction, you will be taken to the main page of the War Room, which contains all the info you need to get up-to-date information on the current war, view your stats, determine what the best course of action is, and choose battles so you can fight for territories.

[Image: 30w6xrd.jpg]

1. The board is broken up into many hexagons, each representing a territory which the factions will fight for control over. The hexagons will change color based on which faction currently has control over it.

You may want to refresh the page once or twice. Territories can change hands any time!

2. In order to win the war, your faction must capture the enemy team's headquarters which is represented by the large gear-shaped spaces on either side of the board, such as the the National HQ shown here. To do so, your team must occupy enough spaces on the board to open a route to the enemy's main base before you can commence the final assault.

According to the developers, if one of your territories is cut off from the rest of your faction's spaces, then your chances at capturing any enemy spots from that isolated territory will be reduced.

3. To fight for territories, you must join a battle.

To do this, select a space that is occupied by your team, then click on an adjacent space that is occupied by the rival faction. You are now engaged in the battle to occupy that enemy space.

The space you are fighting from will light up, as well as display a small image of your main Hero. An arrow will signify which territory you are attacking.

The amount of players fighting on a certain spot is roughly represented by the small figures of soldiers and tanks that can be seen on the board.

A single Soldier means a small amount of the faction's effort is being focused on that territory, a Soldier + Gunner pair on a space means a medium amount of forces are occupying that territory, and a tank on a space means that a large amount of forces are either staging a heavy defense or launching an all-out attack.

The direction these figures are facing represents what direction the forces on that space are focusing their efforts the most.

Your actions in BFH will not count towards the War Room if you are not currently in a battle or if you are in an unranked server.

4. When you hover your mouse over a space, this meter will show how much control a faction has over it. A territory that is owned by the Royals which has a meter that is slowly turning from blue to red means that the Nationals are fighting to claim that spot for themselves.

How difficult it will be to capture a spot on the board will depend on how many people on your team are fighting for it, and how heavily the enemy team is resisting.

Use this data to determine what your enemy is up to, where the most critical battles are taking place, and where you should strike!

5. This box displays how much effort you have contributed to your current battle, also known as your battle score. A battle ends when your faction either successfully captures an enemy territory, or fails.

The stars represent how good your reward will be once the current battle you are in comes to an end. The more stars you have, the more loot you will earn.

You can increase your battle score by dealing damage to enemies, healing allies, capturing flags/control points, completing rounds, and performing heroic moments. You can increase the star gauge by achieving a higher battle score.

Your loot will be waiting for you in the Rewards tab upon completion of battles and wars.

[Image: 15gbe69.jpg]

Try to complete as many battles as possible. You will earn loot regardless of winning or losing. If you choose to abandon your current battle by selecting a new spot on the board to fight on before your battle ends, you will forfeit any rewards you would have earned. These rewards only apply to your current battle, not your rewards for the entire war.

6. An easy-access Play Now Button, allowing you to jump straight into the game after selecting a battle. Note that if you complete a battle, you will have to return to the War Room to select a new space on the board to fight for. You can do this without having to close the BFH client.

The in-game client will let you know when a battle has ended upon finishing a round, you can also visit the War Room to check the status of a battle.

7. Pressing this button will take you to the War Overview page, which will allow you to check your stats, and, most importantly, how good your rewards will be when the war has ended.

[Image: 2ecdytg.jpg]

A. This box displays how high your average score is. This is a measure of your overall effort in the entire war. The higher your score is, the higher your reward tier will be, the higher your reward tier is, the more loot you earn.

There are four tiers: Iron, Bronze, Silver, and Gold.

To reach the Gold tier, you must reach approximately around 20-25k avg. score per day. (could be less, haven't 100% confirmed this yet)

B. The two primary ways to boost your score are through completing rounds and fulfilling objectives, such as capturing flags and control points.

Winning and losing does not matter, you only need to earn points to assist your faction's war effort.

C. The best ways to boost your score, however, are through team efforts, performing heroic moments, and damaging enemies.

Each class has it's own unique way of earning points through team support. Soldiers can earn battle points through healing allies with Combat Medicine, Gunners can earn points by sharing Hero Shields with teammates, and Commandos can earn bonus points by using Mark Target.

Aiding your team often will allow you to build a high score and reach higher reward tiers very quickly.

D. When a war is over, your rewards will vary depending not only on your reward tiers, but whether or not your faction wins the war. You can hover your mouse over these icons to show the rewards for losing or winning.

[Image: auf5oo.png]

Remember: you will earn lots of points and loot as long as you're a good team player, complete objectives, and support your allies. Winning and losing rounds does not matter much.

That is all for the War Room. Did you get all that? Good. I will be sure to change anything I may have accidentally misstated, and remember, anything is subject to change.

Until then, play smart, play hard, be supportive, and you CAN win the war. Wink

Go Nats.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 12:17 AM by Provi.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 09:29 AM | Post: #2
harkel Go to next important person...
Very thorough guide, good work!

Dr. Rabbit Wrote:According to the developers, if one of your territories is cut off from the rest of your faction's spaces, then your chances at capturing any enemy spots from that isolated territory will be reduced.

I just want to clarify this. When you are surrounded by a lot of enemy territories it's not your ability to attack that is reduced, it's actually the opposite; you are more vulnerable against the enemy attacks.

The result is pretty similar though

[Image: HfGyBNC.png]
Game Designer & Web Developer
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 09:30 AM by harkel.)
05-04-2013, 09:48 AM | Post: #3
Tomonor 
(05-04-2013 09:29 AM)harkel Wrote:  I just want to clarify this. When you are surrounded by a lot of enemy territories it's not your ability to attack that is reduced, it's actually the opposite; you are more vulnerable against the enemy attacks.

But Dr.Rabbit was talking about the situation, when your offensive reinforcement line is being cut off deep in enemy territory. Eg, you are on a separate bunch of hexagons, not connected to your HQ in any way. (or maybe you were replying to that situation too?)

Anyway, nice job, Rabbit!

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 09:49 AM by Tomonor.)
05-04-2013, 09:59 AM | Post: #4
TPangolin 
I knew you would come through. Excellent guide!

The feature certainly needs improvement, but it's so far up the right track that I'm not sure everyone cares at the moment. Good job Jul, good job devs Smile

If you encounter a poor, wild and naked Salvenius, please lend him some pants.
[Image: sZ5rw9G.png]
The Candied Bacon Podcast returns! Click Here to find out more!
05-04-2013, 09:59 AM | Post: #5
harkel Go to next important person...
Yes, I think he got that from an earlier post of mine, I was vague and confusing Smile

[Image: HfGyBNC.png]
Game Designer & Web Developer
05-04-2013, 10:04 AM | Post: #6
Zarimba 
Very explaining guide - i just got in and i approve of this ^^

This is a signature!
05-04-2013, 10:10 AM | Post: #7
Harlinger 
(05-04-2013 09:29 AM)harkel Wrote:  Very thorough guide, good work!

Dr. Rabbit Wrote:According to the developers, if one of your territories is cut off from the rest of your faction's spaces, then your chances at capturing any enemy spots from that isolated territory will be reduced.

I just want to clarify this. When you are surrounded by a lot of enemy territories it's not your ability to attack that is reduced, it's actually the opposite; you are more vulnerable against the enemy attacks.

The result is pretty similar though

No the result isn't similar. As the line the enemy can attack is also bigger, it also makes the attackers weaker. Even if they focus on the hexagon occupied by their enemy closest to the HQ. Bigger frontline spreads both sides. While the lack of communication makes the attackers focus on the most close spot to the enemy HQ. So actually it makes the attackers stronger.

If you have 5 soldiesr on a hexagon going straight for the enemy HQ, and 1 soldier on each hexagon bordering it, you would have a lot of soldier fighting those 5, but those 5 would be fighting 1.

You can find important posts from blues about the War Room (and many other things) here: http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=386185

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:27 AM by Harlinger.)
05-04-2013, 10:27 AM | Post: #8
Gr0xx 
This war room sounds so fun, and exciting! Now I just need to be chosen for the beta.. Tongue
Either way, really nice of you to take your time to fully explain how it works, I had a general idea of it, but not how it really worked, and thanks to your post, you just cleared that up Wink
05-04-2013, 10:32 AM | Post: #9
Jusless 
Great guide, especially useful to the people who have no idea whats going on in war room.

05-04-2013, 10:51 AM | Post: #10
Skillica 
(05-04-2013 09:29 AM)harkel Wrote:  Very thorough guide, good work!

[Image: finalmsm.jpg]
|My YouTube | My Twitter | My Steam | SkillZ™ Gaming| (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:55 AM by Skillica.)
05-04-2013, 11:08 AM | Post: #11
ChinchillaBau5 
Awesome guide thanks mate. But I will never change sides from the Royals when I get into the War Room Big Grin
05-04-2013, 11:13 AM | Post: #12
Runescape_XENOS! 
That's a nice guide !

[Image: rjl3lz.png]
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM | Post: #13
Dr. Rabbit 
Thanks, everyone.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
05-04-2013, 12:22 PM | Post: #14
XxD3aDsH0txX 
Awesome guide Rabbit!

[Image: Signature_zpsbcdf040c.png]
05-04-2013, 12:26 PM | Post: #15
billijean 
that cleares everything. good work =)

hint hint. y u no send me a beta access :F

[Image: jsmu1f.png]
05-04-2013, 01:03 PM | Post: #16
EA_AtomicDawg
Truly awesome job!

...right up till the last line anyway Tongue

[Image: bUVJUov.png]
05-04-2013, 01:35 PM | Post: #17
PipAntarctic 
Awsome guide!
Applaus to you!

05-04-2013, 02:08 PM | Post: #18
Hub 
Awsome guide, love it, good work !

05-04-2013, 03:05 PM | Post: #19
McLesley 
Surely then, it is easier to gain loot as a soldier, than it is to when playing as a gunner or commando?

Edit: For example are the number of times one heals a teammate clocked or is it purely based on one´s score?

What's U-238's favourite food?

Why, fission chips of course!
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 03:10 PM by McLesley.)
05-04-2013, 03:06 PM | Post: #20
YouJustGotServed 
What kinda rewards are we talking about?

[Image: youjustgotpunkDsig_zps4b72ac8b.png]