Hello There, Guest!

08-03-2009, 03:24 AM | Post: #1
Sunspots 

Welcome to a general chill-out place for role-playing the National way.

Basic rules:
  1. All text that is not in-character - colour it in red
  2. Text that defines actions and things that happens are in green
  3. Stay as much in-character as possible.
  4. Nobody will get killed or seriously hurt, we're all on the same team.
  5. No character is perfect, try to make your character's personality as deep and thought-out as possible.
  6. Have fun, but don't over-do it, nobody's Jesus around here, an officer won't stay officer for long if he abuses his power.
  7. Don't spam!

Scenario:
The café is located somewhere along the way where the National army travel to the frontlines, it is run by locals but is currently dedicated to the soldiers.
The locale is in one plane, it has a few tables for two, four and eight people.

How we do it:
When entering, tell the other players what they see (your position in the army would probably be seen from your badges or appearance, so state briefly what/who you are), how you enter and what you do (preferably coloured in green)
Do something!

[Image: unicorn.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2009, 03:40 AM | Post: #2
Sunspots 
A tall, skinny man with a tired, bent-down appearance enters the café, orders a large glass of milk and sits down in the far corner of the café.
The young man is, against the regulations, wearing civilian shoes.
A leather jacket and a pair of dirty, black, robust cotton-trousers with strengthened knees are covering the rest of his thin limbs.
He tries to straighten out his hair which doesn't seem to have been combed in months, a rather strange combination with his smoothly shaved chin.
A gas mask with dried clay stains on it is hanging hanging in his belt, next to a hard leather pistol holster.

[Image: unicorn.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2009, 11:43 AM | Post: #3
B0B0 
A man walks through the door, He is wearing a white business suit, and a full face ski mask, only his green eyes can be seen. He glances to the far corner at the skinny man and gives him a nod.

He then walks over to the main counter, but just before he gets to it, he collapses, unconscious... in the middle of the room.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 11:44 AM by B0B0.)
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2009, 08:13 PM | Post: #4
Badgor 
As I sit here and watch the owner run to the unconcious man, I notice out the corner of my eye a flicker, or reflection of light comming from the ally way adjascent to my table that I am sat at with my commrades.
10-03-2009, 11:07 PM | Post: #5
EasyTarget 
A tall, skinny man opens the door somewhat nonchalantly and enters the cafe. A black leather trench coat was covering his torso and brown leather gloves concealing his hands. His right eye was hidden by a black eyepatch, perhaps because of a tragic accident that happened a few weeks ago or maybe it was just for show...why would anyone care to look, anyway? Pants with the same dark shade of black along with the run-of-the-mill Nationalist army boots of the same color covered his legs and feet.

You could say that if he wasn't standing in direct light of something, he would look nothing more like a shadow.

He casually took off his small brown hat that looked as though it was folded inward like paper, and carried it with his right hand.

With a look that seemed to express confusement with a little sympathy, he stopped in front of the unconscious man for a few moments, looking down at him and the owner of the cafe that was checking up on him.
Maybe that's why the Royals don't drink.. he thought to himself, guessing what might have happened. He then stepped around the unconscious man and stepped in front of the main counter and, with another glance at the unconscious man, ordered a glass of chocolate milk.

Before making his way to one of the tables, he turned his gaze to the owner and quietly asked him what might have happened, but the owner only shrugged and shifted his attention back over to the man out cold. He sighed and took a sip of the milk as he calmly walked over to one of the nearby tables and sat down with another, yet more satisfied sounding sigh as though he had been standing up for hours.

The belt that was around his waist held nothing except a small knife, concealed by a holster the exact same shape as the weapon itself as well as the same dark shade of black as the rest of his clothes were...for self defense of course.
"Poor man.." he muttered to himself.

Soldier: Johnson
Commando: Schlam
Gunner: Schwab

Nationalists have MONOCLES!
---------------
[Image: Pipsqueak.jpg]

[Image: Cliff-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 11:08 PM by EasyTarget.)
10-03-2009, 11:52 PM | Post: #6
Muck-HQ 
A tall man open the door and enters the cafe. He wears a Royal army airborne smock and camo pants, his boots are regular army put the leather holster seems to be custom made. He doesn't seem the officer type but has the rank of Major on his soldier. He walks over to the bar and orders a hard drink, Cherry pop. The only other Royal he can see is passed out on the floor, he reaches for his SMG and almost all the Nationals reach for a pistol, he doesn't shoot but places it on a table close to him and has a seat. Bunch of Nationals, He muttered under his breath.

[Image: strathberet.png]
[Image: crestcopyfg8.jpg]
11-03-2009, 01:19 AM | Post: #7
EasyTarget 
He took another sip of his chocolate milk before quietly setting it back down on the table in front of himself. A royal...huh, funny him being around here. He reached for his knife with his right hand after he placed his hat down on the table and silently took it out of its holster before hiding it inside of his trenchcoat.Maybe...maybe I can hit him from over here..if I throw it.. He seemed to be carefully thinking about the chance it would have of hitting the Royal if he did throw it. After all, the only other Royal in the cafe was unconscious and wouldn't know what would've happened...well...if he was a Royal anyway. He squinted. No..no not now, maybe after my nice cup of milk. And with that thought out of the way, he once again reached for his cup of chocolate milk and slightly leaned back in the chair. The knife he had hidden in the trench coat sat safely in one of the coat's pockets. "Strong bones mean...less cramp when you hold up a fully loaded sniper rifle." He whispered to himself, nodded to the National nearest to him and smiled, occasionally shifting glances from his milk to the Royal, and to the Nationals around him.

---------------

11-03-2009, 05:39 AM | Post: #8
Agent-McSpy 
An officer from the National Army based around small villages scattered everywhere walks into the bar. He wears a kommandant's coat, indicating that he has a reasonably well established rank, yet most no one has even heard of him. Under his arm there is a plain folder, which the officer opens as he sits down at a table.

Quickly scanning the room with his monocled eye, he notices a few Royals scattered about, but doesn't seem to respond with it at all, and continues with his work. After a few minutes of reading and twirling his moustache, he closes the folder, leans back in his chair, and watches the people in the cafe.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2009 08:27 PM by Agent-McSpy.)
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM | Post: #9
Muck-HQ 
Looking around the room he can see a National eying him, great. He can see the National reaching for a knife, or something like that, lifting his trouser leg he points to a commando knife and taps it as the National looks. He continues to drink his cherry pop but is wondering what a National kommandant is doing in the cafe. Bloody Nationals are everywhere, my only back up is passed out.

12-03-2009, 12:47 AM | Post: #10
Agent-McSpy 
The kommandant tried not to chuckle as he saw the Royal point to the knife he had hidden. The Royal should have known that this area was a non-aggression zone, and there was no need to bring in the puny poking sticks they carried around. But, then again, he remembered he had hidden 3 knives in his coat, one in the folder, and another two in each of his boots, let alone the pistol under his hat...

But still, it was rather amusing to the kommandant that a Royal was willing to enter a National filled place and threaten on of the highest ranked Commandos in the business. So, the officer continued leaning against the corner of the room, watching everything through his monocle.

It took a while, but he noticed an unconscious Royal lying in front of the counter, with the owner and tow others helping out. He was able to keep it in for a while, but it wasn't long before a chuckle escaped, along a phrase that could easily be heard from the middle of the room...

Hehe, stupid Royals. They'd get drunk on water if there is nothing else! Its no wonder why my job is so easy...
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 01:10 AM by Agent-McSpy.)
12-03-2009, 03:04 AM | Post: #11
EasyTarget 
He watched in amusement and smiled as the Royal tapped his own knife. He took a large final sip of his chocolate milk before quietly setting it back down on the table in front of him and leaning backwards slightly as he placed his hand over the pocket his knife was "hidden" in. If only I'd have brought my sniper rifle inside rather than leave it back in the jeep...then again I wouldn't have been able to hide THAT well would I? But it would've been so much easier... Then out of nowhere came a phrase from someone in the middle of the room. It only took a few moments to spot the person who said it, and he believed it was another National...a high-ranked Commando by the looks of it. [color=#000000]This just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?[/color] And with that, he got up out of the chair as he picked up his now-empty glass of chocolate milk, walking towards the main counter and setting the glass on top of it. Although he seemed to be staring down at the countertop in front of him, he was paying significantly close attention to the well-established Commando but even more-so to the Royal. If things should get ugly, he would want to want to do something other than just sit by and watch. Place a single Satchel Charge somewhere the Royal might pass through? ...No, that was a stupid thought. It probably would blow the entire cafe off the ground. He also considered going back to his jeep and picking up the sniper rifle he had left in there and coming back to think of a way he could discreetly line up a perfect shot. The Royal had it coming to him, after all. The Royal chose to enter a cafe that was heavily occupied by Nationals, and he probably knew it. He must have a death wish.. He thought. The only thing that made him unsure of his "plan" was that if such drastic action would be allowed in such a place. He didn't really care as long as the Royal would be the one on the floor unconscious, but he would most likely get in trouble for his actions unless he executed them very...discreetly..

That was his specialty, though..

The commando ordered another glass of chocolate milk. Why not think about these things over one?

He proceeded to drink his second helping of chocolate milk, making sure not to make the slightest noise or suggest a hint of suspicion.

---------------

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 03:09 AM by EasyTarget.)
12-03-2009, 11:31 PM | Post: #12
Agent-McSpy 
Quite a few people were chuckling at the line the kommendant had just said, or until they realized who it was that said it. After the realization came to everyone, a small slilence fell over the whole cafe, with many of the people shifting their gaze between the Royal, and the person who basically challenged the Royal.

However, the commando just sat there, leaning his chair against the wall, adjusting his scarf while he read through the folder that had attracted his attention before...

I'm going to wait to continue until we get to hear the Royal's reaction to the most recent lines. Wink
13-03-2009, 12:01 AM | Post: #13
Muck-HQ 
The Para grabbed the knife from its sheath and jabbed it into his table, causing all the Nationals to gasp. Even the kommandant almost fell from his chair. The only thing those Nats didn't learn was how to sit in a chair,the soldier laughing as he said it. He walked over to the bar to order another cherry pop, this was his second but he didn't seem the slightest bit drunk. He walked over to a table filled with National soldiers but on his way he stepped on the face of the poor Royal who was still on the ground. National scum think they can intimidate a Royal.

13-03-2009, 12:25 AM | Post: #14
EasyTarget 
From the corner of his eye he could see the Royal walk over to the table filled with Nationals. The Royal seems to be doing some of my job for me. He thought, noting the poor, unconscious man being stepped on by the Royal himself. Grabbing his chocolate milk that was now half-empty, he walked back over to the table he previously sat at, still pondering what on earth he could do...make him slip on a banana peel?

This childish yet effective thought made him chuckle.

He'd be so drunk he wouldn't even know it!

The commando put a glove-covered hand over his mouth, cleared his throat and took yet another sip of his chocolate milk. Just a few more moments, that's all, then I think I might play with him a little bit...see how the Royal can fend for himself..

---------------

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2009 12:27 AM by EasyTarget.)
13-03-2009, 12:38 AM | Post: #15
Muck-HQ 
He could see the National was planning something, but what? He placed his knife in its sheath and walked over to the National and sat down at his table. If you're planning on attacking me you better do it soon, I haven't got all day. The Royal didn't seem the slightest bit worried, maybe he just didn't care anymore.

13-03-2009, 01:28 AM | Post: #16
EasyTarget 
The Commando looked up at the Royal and smiled. "In a cafe, sir?" He spoke in a casual tone. "This isn't the right place, nor the right time for an assault to be made...I was just leaving in fact." He glanced over at the Kommandant and nodded with a smile as though he was signaling a friendly hello. "Good day...I hope." And with that, he grabbed the mug of chocolate milk and made his way out the door. I guess that means I'm going to go get some supplies out of my jeep then...and have a little fun.

---------------

13-03-2009, 01:35 AM | Post: #17
Muck-HQ 
The Royal was sad to see the National leave, he would have in joyed killing the National, or at least having a talk. You forgot this mate! The National had already left so the Royal ran outside carrying the Nationals knife which must have fallen out of his pocket. Once outside he saw the National looking around his jeep, Next time don't forget your knife.

13-03-2009, 01:36 AM | Post: #18
Agent-McSpy 
It was hard not laughing at the pathetic excuse of threats that the Royal decided to hand out. First he stepped on his ally's face, and then decided to try and threaten a commando sitting at another table. The Royal was surely drunk, especially considering the fact that he went up to the counter and asked for more.

When he saw the commando over at the other table smile and nod, the Kommendant was nice enough to return it, but tried not to look like he was so amused by all of the things that have gone on so far. So then, when the Royal went running out the cafe, returning the commando's knife, the Kommendant couldn't help but laugh.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2009 01:37 AM by Agent-McSpy.)
13-03-2009, 02:05 AM | Post: #19
EasyTarget 
He felt somewhat annoyed on the inside but didn't show it on the outside. "Ehm...thank you." He nodded once more and grabbed the knife from the Royal to put it back in his sheathe. "Better off to keep these things in their proper place rather than in a pocket, hm?" The Satchel Charge he had placed to guard his jeep sat a long ways down the road in case anyone decided to drive off. He had 2 spares hidden under one of the seats as well as his trusty sniper rifle laying down in the backseat. "I believe that the Kommandant back in the cafe wants to have a word with you."

---------------

13-03-2009, 02:13 AM | Post: #20
Muck-HQ 
The Royal entered the cafe and walked over to the kommendant, You wanted a word with me?