Hello There, Guest!

27-06-2009, 12:53 AM | Post: #1
maxishine 
Like others this 1002 error is driving me mad. Ive been trying to solve the problem non stop now and have got to the point where there is nothing more i can do on my end so EA has to fix it at their end.

Something i noticed is that some people have had this error but have simply forgotten to create a hero and once they did create a hero the game worked.

Now i'm not stupid, i have created a hero (infact i have created 3) but when i click on my player profile name it takes me to my profile page like it should but then is says:

"This player has no heroes"

Now if this was true it would make sense for me to have the 1002 issue BUT when i click on the "More" button on the top right hand side it reveals all 3 heroes i have made and i can click on all of them as well.

At first i thought this was just my account but i went on a lot of peoples profiles who have this problem and guess what, their profiles said "this player has no heroes" when they actually did.

This may just be a simple EA account error that EA needs to sort out.

I do however think there is still more depth to this problem because some players who have the 1002 issue do have heroes in their profile but they have actually managed to play but just cant play all the time.

I have been trying and trying to get on and play but no luck and the one thing in common with everyone in my position (as far as i have seen) is their profiles say they don't have heroes.

I may be completely wrong about this and probably am.

It might also be that your profile wont say you have heroes until you get into the game and actually use them for the first time. If that is the case then it doesn't make sense to make your hero before hand.

Any hows. Sorry for the long post and EA please, please help us!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2009, 01:02 AM | Post: #2
Cyblos 
First ... Good work.
Your information can be helpful, never apologize for your observations.

ESPECIALLY when you see something that no one has seen or considered. Smile

There are a lot of bugs still, this just may be one of them, and thus people get the 1002 error.

Can you play with the hero you can see? Upi suggest you can't, or is it you can't because of other issues?

Have you posted this in the GAM BUG forum? I thin kit should be there as well.
Good work Smile

[Image: sig_x.png]
27-06-2009, 01:41 AM | Post: #3
maxishine 
Thank you for your kind comments Cyblos Smile

No i wasnt able to play this game at all but GUESS WHAT!! After posting that long comment before i managed to get on to the game and play!!!!

Dude my face was one for a youtube video! I was absolutely gob smacked. I know this sounds kind of pathetic but i was sort of in tears Blush

Ok that aside the question now is how it worked? I dont know! For the past 16 hours i have been sat in front of my PC just trying to get a solution and periodically i would check to see if it works. Thats all i did this time and it worked so it is probably just by chance. That being said i have only played the tutorial because it said it couldnt find any for me for matchmaking.

Also my profile still reports no heroes so there is still that account issue.

I am a bit afraid to turn the game off now and see if it work again because i dont want it to go Tongue

Seeing as this is my first post after the game working i will give my quick first impressions.

Flying is cool but a bit nooby, why is their no sprint! Graphics are beautiful! Guns are better than i thought considering its third person.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2009 01:43 AM by maxishine.)
27-06-2009, 01:47 AM | Post: #4
maxishine 
Also no i haven't posted this in game bugs yet. I agree it should be there.

Dudes even if my game does consistently work now (which i don't know yet) i am still going to carry on helping others figure out this problem and am going to keep on trying to get EA to solve the 1002 problem.

The only thing i will say about one possibility of how the game worked was i am playing at 01:30.
27-06-2009, 04:23 AM | Post: #5
Darkmoone1 
Nice I might encounter this after i get past this freakin exe. problem Smile
27-06-2009, 01:16 PM | Post: #6
SteelyDan 
I had error 1002 as well, turned out it was Peer Guardian blocking the ip EA uses.
Just had to allow the ip, and off i went.

Now if only i can join a game using the matchmaker...i try and try, and it often refuses to find a suitable game.
27-06-2009, 03:23 PM | Post: #7
maxishine 
wow so much for it working before because now im getting the error again.

Its 3PM here BST. Yesterday it didnt work at this time either. The only time it has worked for me was 1.30 AM this morning. I will have to wait for that time again tonight to see if it works.
28-06-2009, 03:45 AM | Post: #8
Derrickvi 
(27-06-2009 01:16 PM)SteelyDan Wrote:  I had error 1002 as well, turned out it was Peer Guardian blocking the ip EA uses.

Now if only i can join a game using the matchmaker...i try and try, and it often refuses to find a suitable game.

SteelyDan, I love you! I haven't been able to play. Kept getting error 1002, as you did. Turns out it was Peer Guardian! Someone spread the word. A lot of gamers use Peer Guardian for.. various security reasons.
28-06-2009, 03:48 AM | Post: #9
s2n-JynX 
I've been trying everything with no resolve - stupid error
28-06-2009, 09:41 PM | Post: #10
Sneaker_Bob 
(28-06-2009 03:45 AM)Derrickvi Wrote:  
(27-06-2009 01:16 PM)SteelyDan Wrote:  I had error 1002 as well, turned out it was Peer Guardian blocking the ip EA uses.

SteelyDan, I love you! I haven't been able to play. Kept getting error 1002, as you did. Turns out it was Peer Guardian! Someone spread the word. A lot of gamers use Peer Guardian for.. various security reasons.

hey, could you let us know what the IP is as i'm havning the dreaded 1002.

cheers
17-07-2009, 05:24 PM | Post: #11
Geguziux 
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2011 03:47 PM by Geguziux.)
17-07-2009, 06:43 PM | Post: #12
EmperorRobertson 
So far i have gotten error 15, 1001 and 1002. Sad
17-07-2009, 08:55 PM | Post: #13
maxilo 
EA log in servers dont like a lot of isp's and the way they traffic manage at peak times.

their loss. i'd love to support this with cash, but i can't, cus i can't play after 5pm BST Sad

sucks to be us Sad

having said all that, it really is down to EA, they need to sort their end out. That's if they are bothered, perhaps they are earning enough, without our error 1002 money ?

[Image: 1]

[Image: pm4.png]
31-07-2009, 05:26 AM | Post: #14
MrLeadFellow 
Same 1002 error here never even played it yet!!tried both ie and firefox..same error..Im running vista
fire wall off ports opened...every hint i followed and still that dam guy slipping on that banana peel with his ass in my face...Arrg!!
02-08-2009, 11:52 PM | Post: #15
Yruns 
(31-07-2009 05:26 AM)MrLeadFellow Wrote:  Same 1002 error here never even played it yet!!

Yes! EA is known for shipping games before they finished developing!
It's cheaper to have the gamers find bugs and fix those bugs with patches than to do a proper bugfixing phase in the first place.

Sad to say it but we are all EA's unpaid Alpha-Testers! This is EA-politics in almost all games!
15-08-2009, 11:20 PM | Post: #16
Coco2597 
What is ip and peer guardian? Please tell me!
25-08-2009, 12:03 AM | Post: #17
magicagoomba 
it says i have 4 heroes(wich i do) and i still have 1002 error
30-08-2009, 07:54 PM | Post: #18
Tummyroad23 
How do you allow ip?:http:
05-09-2009, 03:47 PM | Post: #19
Ziromine 
error 15 and 1002, some idea??? I try all...
16-09-2009, 09:52 AM | Post: #20
samitu 
EA are some sons of bitches that they are too lazy to fix this 1002 fucking problem! and they wont!!! **** ea,**** battlefield heroes and **** their forums good for nothing