Hello There, Guest!

26-06-2009, 05:55 AM | Post: #1
theni 
Please don't spam this thread with nonsense since this is meant to be a reference! This is also not a thread to specifically get help on an issue, only an index to fixes. If you need help, post in the thread of one of the fixes you've tried. Only post in here if something has worked for you and indicate which fix did! Big Grin

*NOTE: These fixes are merely "workarounds" but called fixes considering the word is much shorter to type. None of us can guarantee that these will work for you, but we're kind enough to share with the community in hopes that what helped us to play the game will help you. Personally, I encourage everyone to check out these fixes and perhaps play around with them to come up with something new.

Threads to Check First
(26-06-2009 09:37 AM)U-238 Wrote:  Our Troubleshooting Tips too.

And some possible solutions to some connection issues.
1. Try forwarding These Ports in your router/firewall.
2. Try the tips in This Thread
3. Turn off all firewalls and antivirus programs

How to get your dxdiag.txt

About PortFowarding Notes: Found PunkBuster Clients use outgoing UDP Port 24349 to get security info from the PunkBuster Master Servers, PunkBuster Servers use UDP Ports 24349 and 24305.

PunkBuster
- Goodman's Preliminary Punkbuster Fix

Error 22
- Cyblos's PB 22 & Slow IE BFH fix
- baaa's pb_sleep error 22 fix
- HemiHead's pb 22 fix
- ni's error 22 fix
- Frame's pb 22 and connection lost (3) fix
- Mayday_x's pb 22 telemetry fix
- Chewii's WindowsBlind pb 22 fix
- Tollaz0r!'s CPU Usage fix

Connection Error 3
- Silakka's Connection 3 error fix

Error 6
- Oh my god!'s Error 6 fix

Connection Error 15
- master10's error 15 fix
-TrojanWar's Connection 15 Clothes Fix

Connection Error 1002
- Alereon's Connection 1002 fix
- SteelyDan's Peer Guardian fix

Installation Errors/Starting Game
- ni's installation suggested fix (Similar to Cyblos's fix)
- Cyblos's starting game fix
- DareOnkel's 'Checking Installation'/Failed to download EULA fix
- ni's Installation dir error fix

Play Now & Cannot Find BUILD & Another Instance Running
- Aicos's Could not find BUILD fix
- U-238's Cannot find BUILD fix
- paniolo808's Play Now Loop and BUILD fix
- Another Instance Running General Fix

BFHeroes.exe
- vatodaloco's BFHeroes.exe fix
- Glenneman's BFHeroes.exe (Monitor) fix

pbsvc.exe
- AndyJ[NL] pbscv.exe fix

Lag Issues
- Jimmijoos's Lag/Freeze fix
- RandomJoe's Lag Spike Fix

Black Screen
- Mariop1's black screen fix

Email Verification
- Jackthehomeless's Email Validation Workaround (Also a Forgot password workaround)

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes! (This post was last modified: 30-07-2009 05:54 AM by Cyblos.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2009, 09:37 AM | Post: #2
VitalBullet 
A couple more, can't have too many troubleshhoting tips Smile

Possible play now loop and cannot find build fix in This Thread

Possible pbscv.exe fixes in This Thread

Our Troubleshooting Tips too.

And some possible solutions to some connection issues.
1. Try forwarding These Ports in your router/firewall.
2. Try the tips in This Thread
3. Turn off all firewalls and antivirus programs

How to get your dxdiag.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex-Community Manager
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This post was last modified: 26-06-2009 11:23 AM by VitalBullet.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2009, 11:21 AM | Post: #3
theni 
Bumping this thread!

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes!
27-06-2009, 03:38 AM | Post: #4
theni 
Bumping this thread.

Added:
CaryTopHat's windows 7 workaround and his installation guide.
master10's error 15 user suggested fix
Chewii's WindowsBlind user suggester fix

Looking for any of the Connection error user suggested solutions!

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes! (This post was last modified: 27-06-2009 03:54 AM by theni.)
27-06-2009, 05:50 AM | Post: #5
AnitaBlow
Would like to know witch one of those (pb22) errors is the one that works..
I did the manual update, and played a few times, but once I close the browser i'm back to square one..
Dodgy
Always have a problem with PB + Vista + battlefield games..
27-06-2009, 06:12 AM | Post: #6
theni 
(27-06-2009 05:50 AM)AnitaBlow Wrote:  Would like to know witch one of those (pb22) errors is the one that works..
I did the manual update, and played a few times, but once I close the browser i'm back to square one..
Dodgy
Always have a problem with PB + Vista + battlefield games..

These fixes have all worked for those who posted them. It's obvious that there are tons of user suggested fixes which indicate that there isn't just one specific way of getting around the problem nor is there one specific thing causing the issue. Most of pb 22 fixes are not permanent either. We still get the pb 22 error but with some of the workarounds that we've come up with help to alleviate the number of times we get kicked to let us enjoy the game for hours until we've had our fill.

With that said, you should try any of the links to see if it fixes your pb 22 problem. Basically those links are there for people who are willing to try fiddling around with the settings to get the game working. Perhaps in the future this could help narrow down issues for the programmers to create a official patch or fix.

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes! (This post was last modified: 27-06-2009 06:16 AM by theni.)
27-06-2009, 06:36 AM | Post: #7
PRiME 
(26-06-2009 05:55 AM)theni Wrote:  5 Seconds of Lag/Freeze
RandomJoe's Lag Spike Fix
Actually, an easier method than the one he uses is to edit or overwrite your pb.cfg file. Details here.
27-06-2009, 06:58 AM | Post: #8
theni 
(27-06-2009 06:36 AM)PRiME Wrote:  Actually, an easier method than the one he uses is to edit or overwrite your pb.cfg file. Details here.

Thanks! I went ahead and edited the first post to add that method.

27-06-2009, 07:06 AM | Post: #9
Cyblos 
OMG, I was building one myself!
Hrrmm I may *BORROW* some of your work Tongue

[Image: sig_x.png]
27-06-2009, 07:09 AM | Post: #10
theni 
(27-06-2009 07:06 AM)Cyblos Wrote:  OMG, I was building one myself!
Hrrmm I may *BORROW* some of your work Tongue

Haha, go right ahead.. this is all for the community anyway. Big Grin

27-06-2009, 12:44 PM | Post: #11
theni 
Bump.

Added:
Mariop1's black screen user suggested fix
Another Instance Running General Fix
Silakka's Connection 3 error user suggested fix

28-06-2009, 12:58 AM | Post: #12
theni 
Bumping.

28-06-2009, 02:14 AM | Post: #13
Alereon 
If you get Error 1002 and can't connect to https://profile.ea.com, I found that the following command fixed the problem for me in Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2:

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

Run it from an Administrative Command Prompt by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and right-clicking on Command Prompt and selecting "Run As Administrator." This option is off by default, but some "Internet Optimizers" turn it on for improved speeds, like I did. This option will break connectivity to the EA servers.
28-06-2009, 02:52 AM | Post: #14
theni 
(28-06-2009 02:14 AM)Alereon Wrote:  If you get Error 1002 and can't connect to https://profile.ea.com, I found that the following command fixed the problem for me in Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2:

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

Run it from an Administrative Command Prompt by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and right-clicking on Command Prompt and selecting "Run As Administrator." This option is off by default, but some "Internet Optimizers" turn it on for improved speeds, like I did. This option will break connectivity to the EA servers.

Thanks! I added this to the list of fixes. Big Grin

28-06-2009, 03:10 AM | Post: #15
s2n-JynX 
Did the Alereon post and all port options and turned off Firewall but still this 1002 wont go away plus I have a new issue ...........

Look at this picture:
[Image: ghfghfg.jpg]
28-06-2009, 03:31 AM | Post: #16
theni 
(28-06-2009 03:10 AM)s2n-JynX Wrote:  Did the Alereon post and all port options and turned off Firewall but still this 1002 wont go away plus I have a new issue ...........

Look at this picture:
[Image: ghfghfg.jpg]

This isn't really the appropriate thread to ask for help about his particular fix.. post in the thread that contains that particular solution. Anyhow, your new issue looks like it says they've sent an e-mail to reset your password? Why don't you check your e-mail and input that password??

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes! (This post was last modified: 28-06-2009 03:32 AM by theni.)
28-06-2009, 03:38 AM | Post: #17
rollinthunda 
bumpidy bump bump

[img][Image: 1]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Free Shooter Game
[/img]
28-06-2009, 03:53 AM | Post: #18
s2n-JynX 
Theni you are an idiot... dont you think I would have first checked my email with an end result being nothing from EA about a password reset that brought me here to post....

This is the CORRECT place to put it because I get a ***** Connection Error 1002 *****
and have done every option to try to solve the problem in the last 4 hours to play with friends of mine when nothing works....
28-06-2009, 04:03 AM | Post: #19
theni 
(28-06-2009 03:53 AM)s2n-JynX Wrote:  Theni you are an idiot... dont you think I would have first checked my email with an end result being nothing from EA about a password reset that brought me here to post....

This is the CORRECT place to put it because I get a ***** Connection Error 1002 *****
and have done every option to try to solve the problem in the last 4 hours to play with friends of mine when nothing works....

Calling me an idiot is not going to help you or anyone with this connection error 1002 and an e-mail about passwords. And like I said before, THIS particular thread is NOT where you want to ask questions about something like getting an e-mail when the subject matter here does not even address that.

How about before you start calling people names who are TRYING to help you, why didn't you try clarifying it in your post the issue at hand. How was I supposed to know that you didn't get an e-mail for a reset password when all you posted was a picture and very VAGUE information that didn't even REMOTELY specify that problem.

Really.

With that being said, use the I forgot my password link here: I forgot my Password EA profile login and try sending another reset password e-mail.
Sources: Jackthehomeless's Email Verification Workaround

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes! (This post was last modified: 28-06-2009 04:20 AM by theni.)
28-06-2009, 08:06 AM | Post: #20
JacktheHomeless 
(28-06-2009 04:03 AM)theni Wrote:  
(28-06-2009 03:53 AM)s2n-JynX Wrote:  Theni you are an idiot... dont you think I would have first checked my email with an end result being nothing from EA about a password reset that brought me here to post....

Calling me an idiot is not going to help you or anyone with this connection error 1002 and an e-mail about passwords. And like I said before, THIS particular thread is NOT where you want to ask questions about something like getting an e-mail when the subject matter here does not even address that.

How about before you start calling people names who are TRYING to help you, why didn't you try clarifying it in your post the issue at hand. How was I supposed to know that you didn't get an e-mail for a reset password when all you posted was a picture and very VAGUE information that didn't even REMOTELY specify that problem.

Really.

With that being said, use the I forgot my password link here: I forgot my Password EA profile login and try sending another reset password e-mail.
Sources: Jackthehomeless's Email Verification Workaround

I just tested to see if you can reset your password that way and it works. Ill edit my other thread to reflect that workaround as well.