Hello There, Guest!

13-12-2012, 04:58 AM | Post: #1
RoyalsAreRetardZ  Go to next important person...
This game used to be awesome, where the servers/players were plentiful, and bugs were small and not game-affecting. The only thing missing was innovation; new maps, new modes, new original costumes.

This next bit may apply only to Australians and NZers, but is still inexcusable of EA.

A year has passed now, and all the players have left. The ones who remain are either stat padders, or frustrated low levels and newcomers, unable to find games with people their own skill. The servers as well have gone - currently there are only 4 viable servers where aussies/NZers can play without lag due to server locations. Yes, there still are still one or two game arena servers, a stark contrast from the 12 active ones a year ago, but due to a lack of Auto admin they can only join through friends already in the server, and with the lack of players, this circumvents even THAT idea.

Furthermore, the bugs now are numerous and game-affecting. Play Now has been rendered all but useless, the bookmark section works occasionally, the friends list bugs out and you actually have to reload game to be able to join with people. And even if you pass all of those mentioned bugs, the game still occasionally just pulls you out of the game, and closes your launcher without a error message telling you why.
It's funny tho in a way; you broke every single working aspect of the game, forcing players to just give up on this game, but you did give us new maps/modes/costumes - the only thing we were missing before this game was wrecked.

I could really go on for a lot longer, but you should have gotten the point by now. I don't know how you managed to ruin this game as much as you did, just to give us a few more cosmetic items, but you did. And don't get me wrong, appreciate how much work must have gone in to do all this stuff, but there's a something every person should know, especially a game company - don't break the fundamentals to create the expansions.

I don't know if my message will get seen by any of the developers or moderators, but they need to know how close they are to losing two countries who used to play this game altogether. Spread this thread however you can, through their twitters, facebook, clan forums etc. I want this game to be great again. Reply down below if you have anything to add, or if you agree/disagree with this, and want EA to take action.

(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 04:59 AM by RoyalsAreRetardZ.)
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2012, 05:05 AM | Post: #2
stryker: 
Ugh, sad but true.

I'm Not Aussie, i'm american. But I still find myself losing obligation to play or just not playing because of my client crashing. From my point of view, everything released from summer of heroes+ made the game suffer a slow and painful death. It happens all to often, (bfp4f- attachments, RS-EOC, etc). I miss the old game. Where you could actually launch the game succesfully and join a game full of players.

[Image: NirdP.png]
(31-03-2013 07:01 AM)skata123 Wrote:  Tomonor is a bad astronaut.
13-12-2012, 05:08 AM | Post: #3
Charlie.Bucket 
(13-12-2012 04:58 AM)RoyalsAreRetardZ Wrote:  The ones who remain are either stat padders, or frustrated low levels and newcomers

I do not fit into either of those categories.

But yeah, I agree with you. The Oceanic Heroes scene is dead, the majority of people who play frequently are lowbies or inbreds who don't have the first clue about how to play (Such as this).

zzz
13-12-2012, 05:08 AM | Post: #4
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
Yeah, they were good times.
And don't get me wrong, the ideas they are coming up are great and would have loved to experience them, but not at the cost of breaking the game.

13-12-2012, 05:09 AM | Post: #5
_PerfectChance_ 
/Bump agreed
i have played this game alot on many accounts =P
BUT this year it feels like the aus player base is just dead
SOON the game will die in AUS n NZ i really like this game but if it goes on like this i dnt think there will be an playerbase to see how good or bad this game will be in the future
I really hope EA fixes this game in Christmas
PS my wish to santa is is to fix the game not by this month but soon =D

[Image: 1]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Online Shooter

Big GrinTongueSmileSleepyAngelBlushRolleyesCoolExclamation
13-12-2012, 05:10 AM | Post: #6
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
(13-12-2012 05:08 AM)Charlie.Bucket Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 04:58 AM)RoyalsAreRetardZ Wrote:  The ones who remain are either stat padders, or frustrated low levels and newcomers

I do not fit into either of those categories.

yeah, I was only listing a few categories that came to mind. I'm sure you're a good enough player. Big Grin

13-12-2012, 05:12 AM | Post: #7
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
(13-12-2012 05:08 AM)Charlie.Bucket Wrote:  But yeah, I agree with you. The Oceanic Heroes scene is dead, the majority of people who play frequently are lowbies or inbreds who don't have the first clue about how to play (Such as this).

I just saw that video, and nearly lost faith in BFH completely.

13-12-2012, 05:15 AM | Post: #8
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
(13-12-2012 05:09 AM)_PerfectChance_ Wrote:  /Bump agreed
i have played this game alot on many accounts =P
BUT this year it feels like the aus player base is just dead
SOON the game will die in AUS n NZ i really like this game but if it goes on like this i dnt think there will be an playerbase to see how good or bad this game will be in the future
I really hope EA fixes this game in Christmas
PS my wish to santa is is to fix the game not by this month but soon =D

They're gonna have to fix this game pretty quickly. People are leaving everyday and I get put in with the same people every single time I'm lucky enough to find a game. It's just not good enough.

13-12-2012, 05:15 AM | Post: #9
HELICOPTER_AMBO 
+1

[Image: DuckJunkie.gif]

Youtube Channel | Twitch! | BF4 | I am a community moderator, not an official EA representative | Steam | 100 Duckshots? | Forum Rules

13-12-2012, 05:26 AM | Post: #10
Charlie.Bucket 
(13-12-2012 05:12 AM)RoyalsAreRetardZ Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 05:08 AM)Charlie.Bucket Wrote:  But yeah, I agree with you. The Oceanic Heroes scene is dead, the majority of people who play frequently are lowbies or inbreds who don't have the first clue about how to play (Such as this).

If you liked that one, you'll love this one.

zzz
13-12-2012, 05:43 AM | Post: #11
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
(13-12-2012 05:26 AM)Charlie.Bucket Wrote:  

okay, faith lost. X.X

13-12-2012, 06:16 AM | Post: #12
ElHalkon 
Well put sir. +1
Try have a look on the forums for other EA games. Battlefield for example.
Its full of posts similar to this forum.
"I bought this and that and i never got it."
"I mailed 2 month ago, and never got any reply"
"Why dont you fix the bugs?"
..it goes on and on

[Image: 5]
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 07:33 AM by ElHalkon.)
13-12-2012, 06:17 AM | Post: #13
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
(13-12-2012 06:16 AM)ElHalkon Wrote:  Well put sir. +1

Cheers mate.

13-12-2012, 06:18 AM | Post: #14
SlevinCrew 
(13-12-2012 05:26 AM)Charlie.Bucket Wrote:  If you liked that one, you'll love this one.

that video is JUST AWESOME
;D

[Image: 212b8ll.png]
13-12-2012, 06:19 AM | Post: #15
RoyalsAreRetardZ 
Spread this thread around to your friends and lets muster up some more support!

(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 06:40 AM by RoyalsAreRetardZ.)
13-12-2012, 06:29 AM | Post: #16
_PerfectChance_ 
(13-12-2012 05:26 AM)Charlie.Bucket Wrote:  

Both is vidoes are just ret@rd3d

Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Online Shooter

Big GrinTongueSmileSleepyAngelBlushRolleyesCoolExclamation
13-12-2012, 06:45 AM | Post: #17
Rucifa 
I personally haven't played the game in weeks due to these issues. I tried to start playing again a couple of weeks back but the server auto kicked half the players for no reason a couple of times then I couldn't be bothered trying to find another full server. I too used to love this game but for me it is currently unplayable as it is too frustrating and un-enjoyable.

It is almost as if BF3 came out and they decided to slowly break BFH to try and force people to buy a game from EA instead of them playing a P4F game and making micro payments for the occasional gun or outfit. I haven't spent any where near the amount of battlefunds of others but am very annoyed that I have in effect paid for something that used to work that now has been broken by something else completely out of my control. If it were anything else I'd be taking it back to the store and asking for replacement or refund. Australian Consumer rights can out way written warranties on many fronts but I'm not sure how they apply to games downloaded from the internet. Seems I might have some research to do.....

(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 06:47 AM by Rucifa.)
13-12-2012, 06:53 AM | Post: #18
killercrab1 
Very well said.

13-12-2012, 07:01 AM | Post: #19
go0onygo0ony1 
I'll add this thread to my sig.

[Image: finalyu.png]
|BFH, we will never forget you!|