Hello There, Guest!

21-06-2009, 10:23 PM | Post: #1
Dr.phil.Perni 
Hi

Regarding the News of Dice a few Weeks ago concerning the planned issue with the 2-modes, which can be played an servers (public and private):

One thing that still keeps in my mind is the unanswered question with the clan-support. Fact is, up to now it`s rather quite useless playing clanwars. Actually, me and my mates think that it`s impossible to play this game in any gaming league (ESL for europeans, etc...).

But you may ask, why?
Well, let me specify that:
1, no spectator mode: Every gaming league demands a spectator mode, so that there can be moderators, who supervise a match.
2, no clantag: maybe this is already planned, but still, i`ll post it here for the sake of completeness.
3, optional portallist of all servers plus search function and favourites: The play now button is a nice thing, but we need an alternative way of getting on a specific server!
4, switching sides: Now this last point is a little tricky one, because the whole gameplay is centered in the battle Nationals vs. Royals. However, the sense of playing a Clanwar in a league tells us, that no team has to be favoured concerning the spawn positions on a map, their specific countryside, etc... Thus, it would be really crucial adjusting the "private mode" on servers, or theoretically attach a new, third server mode, e.g. naming it "clanwar mode"... The whole purpose of this new mode is, that both sides, Nationals and Royals are able to switch sides(spawns at the beginning). Thus, a fair clanwar could be guaranteed.

so what do you think about the current situation? I think, up to now, bfh won`t even get a chance to get into the esl or any other gaming league without adding the mentioned issues. We would really like to see this game in any leagues, or just even being able to play some serious clanwars against other clans....
Question is, if Dice is really interested in such things, cause they`ve got already much to do, and if it`s really their aim of making BFH clanfriendly, because the game is mostly fun-based/casual game style.

We would really appreciate some effort on this matter from dice, if they`ve got the time for it. If you have a look at other games released by them, everything works fine concerning those issues. Games like BF2, etc... are played frequently in leagues and have a huge amount of clans actively playing it. So a lack of expertise (clan support-wise) wouldn't be the problem^^

In the long run, only clans keep Online-Games alive. They are the ones who compete against other clans, thus need a server, maybe buy the same clothes for the whole team members(clan-uniform), to have their own unique look. And they don`t get bored of a game that fast, if there`s some sort of competition/gaming league, whatever...but of course, you can`t generalize such an assumption Wink

Remember one thing:
Clans keep a game aliveExclamation

cheers
perni

edit: A confirmation of an official moderator for recognising this post would be great too Wink

[Image: 6_4.jpg]

Visit our Clanpage: http://www.fhf-2k4.de

fHF fighting HellFish Public Server
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/bookmar...9967c4b979
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2009 03:05 AM by Dr.phil.Perni.)
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2009, 10:49 PM | Post: #2
Sn0wboardfreak 
Read and signed!

[Image: siggij.png]

"I'm NOT an Official EA representative."

21-06-2009, 10:52 PM | Post: #3
n3os 
Very great idea...
I think the same.
Without Clanwars is this Game not so funny.

[Image: fhf.png]

Slanoitan eht Nioj!!!!
21-06-2009, 10:56 PM | Post: #4
Kostolomac 
1. Rent a server
2. Get a 7v7 match with neutral observers from both sides
3.???
4. A clanwar!
21-06-2009, 11:09 PM | Post: #5
Dr.phil.Perni 
(21-06-2009 10:56 PM)Kostolomac Wrote:  1. Rent a server
3.???
4. A clanwar!

1, Yeah, we`ve rented 2 servers
2, So how can those observers have an overview of the complete game without the spectator mode -bird's eye view, which every other multiplayer-game has implemented?
3 and 4: Don`t get what you`re saying...

So tell me how your suggestion has anything to do with the issue tackled in this thread, cause they correspond at best partially? Have you even read this thread?

cheers
perni

(This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 11:28 PM by Dr.phil.Perni.)
21-06-2009, 11:11 PM | Post: #6
Chewii
First off, This isn't meant to be a competitive game in major gaming leagues it's a CASUAL shooter it isn't Counter-Strike or UT3

1. Other BF games have had spectator mode, there is no reason for it to be in the beta though
2. Obviously planned, Clan forums, groups, etc...
3. Pretty useless during a beta since all the servers are run by BFH Staff(?)
4. IDK GTFO
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 11:17 PM by Chewii.)
21-06-2009, 11:13 PM | Post: #7
NavyPride 
/signed this is great and also u get a cookie!!

[Image: big+cookie.jpg]

[Image: 7wf.gif]
21-06-2009, 11:26 PM | Post: #8
Dr.phil.Perni 
(21-06-2009 11:11 PM)Chewii Wrote:  First off, This isn't meant to be a competitive game in major gaming leagues it's a CASUAL shooter it isn't Counter-Strike or UT3

1. Other BF games have had spectator mode, there is no reason for it to be in the beta though
4. IDK GTFO

As i wrote in my first post, i`m aware of the fact, that its a casual shooter, but that doesn`t exclude those features from the need being added in the game. Furthermore, i know, that up to now, such things like the spectator mode being implemented in the beta won`t make much sense, but still it has to be mentioned by someone Wink

ad 4.: No need of getting rude, dude...^^
I`m only writing down here some ideas, which had come to our mind while playing this very good game thoroughly. This thread idea was to bring in some new ideas and suggestion, which may will be implemented by Dice some day Wink

Last but not least, you have to admit that concerning clanwise features, the community is kept pretty in uncertainty and it would be really good getting some feedback of a mod.

(This post was last modified: 22-06-2009 12:09 AM by Dr.phil.Perni.)
22-06-2009, 12:31 AM | Post: #9
Kostolomac 
(21-06-2009 11:09 PM)Dr.phil.Perni Wrote:  
(21-06-2009 10:56 PM)Kostolomac Wrote:  1. Rent a server
3.???
4. A clanwar!

1, Yeah, we`ve rented 2 servers
2, So how can those observers have an overview of the complete game without the spectator mode -bird's eye view, which every other multiplayer-game has implemented?
3 and 4: Don`t get what you`re saying...

So tell me how your suggestion has anything to do with the issue tackled in this thread, cause they correspond at best partially? Have you even read this thread?

cheers
perni
Those 2 neutral players would just follow (in stealth) the bulk of the players and make sure everything is right, but I guess that's just improvised spectator which won't work too well. And the points 3 and 4 are from south park.
22-06-2009, 01:15 AM | Post: #10
YouJustGotSarged 
1.) I agree with Spectator. Would help with Machinima.
2.) Clan Tags ARE coming soon. Staff are testing them as we speak.
3.) You can already Add favorite servers. Though the Search option would be nice.
4.) All DICE/EA needs to do is switch the spawn locations after every game.

So Clan Waring is possible in the future.
22-06-2009, 01:41 AM | Post: #11
Kluten 
about the concerning the spawn positions on a map. theres should be 4 rounds instead of 3 and nationals and royals should just simply SWITCH sides.

[Image: 2h4x3e8.png]
22-06-2009, 01:43 AM | Post: #12
siiix
(21-06-2009 11:11 PM)Chewii Wrote:  First off, This isn't meant to be a competitive game in major gaming leagues it's a CASUAL shooter it isn't Counter-Strike or UT3

4. IDK GTFO

i agree
although some of the suggestions are ok
some are just silly, like taking away the sides and universal clothing

why would any one want a serious and obsessively fair clan war on this game ?!?
22-06-2009, 03:01 AM | Post: #13
Dr.phil.Perni 
(22-06-2009 01:43 AM)siiix Wrote:  

4. IDK GTFO

i agree
although some of the suggestions are ok
some are just silly, like taking away the sides and universal clothing

why would any one want a serious and obsessively fair clan war on this game ?!?

Well, my thread was just intented to make some suggestions, and hoping that Dice will fill us up with some additional infos concerning clan-support in BFH.

My fourth point with the switching side mode you can may name "silly", but it is acutally "one" suggestion. Although i have to admit, that the one suggestion posted by XyzKiller(just switching spawn-sides) would be the simplest one, which havn`t come to my mind till then- Even edited my 4the point in the first posting to this new idea. So chill down man Wink

And by the way: Yeah, there are many guys out there, who play the game regularly in clans/squads and would appreciate having the possibility of playing this game in a gaming league, etc...

(This post was last modified: 22-06-2009 03:10 AM by Dr.phil.Perni.)
22-06-2009, 11:24 AM | Post: #14
VitalBullet 
Suggestions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex-Community Manager
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user