Listen up Heroes!
There has been a breach of security at Area 49, and something has escaped. Agent Eks wouldn't answer our questions as to what exactly who or what had escaped, he just kept saying "That's Classified" and then vanished.
Reports of strange sightings have hit our radar though and people are claiming they have seen mysterious flying objects in the sky hovering over fields and stealing live stock. When examining the scenes of these sightings there were always the same traces left behind... what we believe to be a message in a strange alien language reading:
"|/\|3 |-|4\/3 74|k3|\| 53\/3r4|_ 0f y0|_|r |\/|057 1|\|73|_|_193|\|7 |_1f3f0r|\/|5 c4p71\/3 f0r s7|_||)y1|\|9"
Latest news points towards an alien invasion and that a takeover has already begun and they have started taking over the minds of the Developers. It is up to your heroes to investigate and for that, we want some proof.
What do I need to do?
We want you to head out on to the Battlefield and hunt down these invaders. Your primary task is to capture screenshots of Easy Studios staff wearing BOTH a suit and an alien on their shoulder and post them in this thread. Easy Studios staff members will be wreaking some chaos on the Battlefield over the course of this event... so keep your eye's peeled for them.
- Go in game and find Easy Studios staff members wearing an agent suit, along with an alien shoulder pet (They must be wearing BOTH the suit and an alien, if no alien is present then your entry will NOT be eligible)
- Take a screenshot add a caption and post it in this thread before Saturday 1st September @ 07:00 UTC
How long do I have to do this?
The event has already begun and will end on Saturday 1st September @ 07:00 UTC
In order to be eligible to win a prize you entry must be submitted before the contest end date and time.
What can I get for participating?
At the end of the event we will be picking 3 winners. Each winner will get to pick:
- Any ONE Hardboiled Heroes set (Jimmy‚Äôs Set, Sams PI‚Äôs Set, Agent Eks‚Äô Set or Agent Cobb‚Äôs Set)
- Plus any ONE Alien Pet of their choice (Dicky ‚ÄúFlattop‚ÄĚ Taylor or Fenwick P. Wainwright)
We will contact the winners via PM to requests your choice of prizes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Battlefield Heroes Spot the Dev Contest (the ‚ÄúContest‚ÄĚ) is open only to legal residents of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (‚ÄúSponsor and its agents‚ÄĚ) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. For Austrian residents only: You are hereby notified that you have seven (7) calendar days from the date of your registration for participation to rescind your agreement to the terms of this electronic agreement. After such period of time, you are bound by the terms of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing: The Contest begins on Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 07:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (‚ÄúGMT‚ÄĚ) and ends on Saturday September 1, 2012 at 06:59 a.m. GMT (the ‚ÄúContest Period‚ÄĚ) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
Phase Start Date at 07:00 a.m. GMT End Date at 06:59 a.m. GMT
Submission August 30, 2012 September 1, 2012
Judging September 3, 2012 September 6, 2012
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
3. How to Enter: During the Submission phrase, visit http://www.battlefieldheroes.com (the ‚ÄúContest Site‚ÄĚ or ‚ÄúSite) and follow the directions to submit your screenshot with caption (collectively, the ‚ÄúSubmission‚ÄĚ) in order to receive one (1) Contest entry. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the ‚ÄúGuidelines and Restrictions‚ÄĚ) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
‚ÄĘ Technical Requirements
o Entries must be submitted in jpg, bmp, or .gif file format following the Entry instructions above, sized no larger than 500KB with a resolution of either 1600*1200, 1024*768 or 800*600 and attached within your Entry.
‚ÄĘ Content Requirements
o Entrants‚Äô submitted Entries must (i) incorporate only the Sponsor-provided game images as instructed herein and/or on http://www.battlefieldheroes.com (the ‚ÄúSite‚ÄĚ), if any, (the ‚ÄúContest Assets‚ÄĚ) and/or the entrant‚Äôs own originally created artwork (‚ÄúOriginal Creations‚ÄĚ). Entries must pertain to Battlefield Heroes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your screenshot with caption design. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive or obscene content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided images) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant‚Äôs likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
o By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
o Each entrant may enter the Contest multiple times during the Contest Period. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
o Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant‚Äôs consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void. Physical copies of Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
o By providing any Contest Assets for entrants‚Äô use Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Competition Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets except as otherwise granted by Sponsor, and any use of the Competition Assets (including use of the entrant‚Äôs Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement.
o In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The ‚Äúauthorized account holder‚ÄĚ is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
o The caption on the screenshot must be in English, and must exclude morally offensive or obscene language.
For Residents of Germany: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line ‚ÄúBattlefield Heroes Spot the Dev Contest‚ÄĚ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
a. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select three entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the ‚ÄúTop Entry‚ÄĚ or ‚ÄúTop Entries‚ÄĚ) based on the following criteria (‚ÄúJudging Criteria‚ÄĚ): 40 % Originality of Screenshot, 30 % Creativity of caption and 30% Humor.
b. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Originality of Screenshot, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three Top Entries if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
6. Notification: The potential winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (or Declaration of Compliance, if potential winner is a Canadian resident, or confirmation of eligibility form, and liability/publicity release if potential winner is a UK resident), which must be received by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (or Declaration of Compliance or confirmation of eligibility form, and liability/publicity release) within the required time period, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above.
Prizes : Each winner will receive one (1) Hard-boiled Heroes set of their choice (Jimmy‚Äôs Set, Sams PI‚Äôs Set, Agent Eks‚Äô Set or Agent Cobb‚Äôs Set) and one (1) Alien Pet of their choice (Dicky ‚ÄúFlattop‚ÄĚ Taylor or Fenwick P. Wainwright). Approximate value per prize is $17 and ‚ā¨12.50. Total value of the prizes are $51 and ‚ā¨37.50. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners may submit multiple entries, but are only eligible to win one prize. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants.
7. General Terms:
a. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees: (1) To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom, France and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA‚Äôs negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law; (2) That EA‚Äôs decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; (3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited ; and (4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
b. EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys‚Äô fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor‚Äôs failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
8. Winner(s) List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the end date of the Promotion Period (listed above) and no later than November 6, 2012. For the Winner List we will post the names of confirmed winners online after September 6, 2012 at http://www.battlefieldheroes.com. This list will remain posted until November 6, 2012.
9. Sponsor: Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
¬© 2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.