Hello There, Guest!

19-06-2012, 05:33 PM | Post: #1
Col_Taragin 
To get straight to the point.Which is better,a high level gunner or a high level soldier? With the right equipment a gunner can pretty much go around and fight alone and still win (like this guy)

. Soldiers seem like you need to be with at least one other person to make sure you don't die. In the long run the soldier abilities in my opinion are better. At high levels I think both classes are very dangerous but I believe gunners have an edge in a battle. Am I right? Please post your opinion on which is the best to get more kills with, I'm trying to decide which to play as mainly.

~Taragin

[Image: 2]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2012, 05:44 PM | Post: #2
The_WUUSTER 
Depends at the range.

At long ranges? The soldier wins.
Close ranges? Unless the soldier gets a lucky crutch-blast, gunners have the edge.
Mid-range? It's a toss-up; goes to the better player.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
19-06-2012, 10:40 PM | Post: #3
MrKiller955 
I would say gunner has okay abilleites but soldider has so much better ones like heal buring bullets
19-06-2012, 11:02 PM | Post: #4
zZage 
(19-06-2012 05:44 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Mid-range? It's a toss-up; goes to the better player.

Untill the gunner activates FF5+LR MG if he has it :3

EDIT : On topic.
I've heard from many that Soldiers are better and I geuss that'd be true because at higher levels you get lots of campers which means more ranged fights and since Soldiers have the LRP they'll win that fight.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 11:03 PM by zZage.)
20-06-2012, 01:40 AM | Post: #5
WakeTheFreak! 
Short and normal range the gunners wins.
At long range, all the gunner can do is run (lvl5) to the soldier en spam DF.

Overall, gunner is stronger.

WakeTheFreak
[General C]

Kills: 70,000 | Ratio: 8.6 | #1 Heli Pilot! | 17,300 kills with heli in 110 hours!

All my items (incl. Bronto, Peacock)
20-06-2012, 05:51 AM | Post: #6
freezewarior 
Well, gunner if they have Drakes Fire or pirate pistal to do damage on long ranges, and gunner can use FF if have super cheeser/uber backscratcher, and they win, close range...... well u konw the results

[Image: 3]
20-06-2012, 06:12 AM | Post: #7
Ankylar 
(20-06-2012 01:40 AM)Firstcommando Wrote:  Short and normal range the gunners wins.

I agree. Not to mention at long ranges, the gunner has rocket launcher to knock you into the air, keg to slow you down while he catches up to you with leg it and pirate pistol. People who can't see that gunners are a bit overpowered are just in denial and are biased towards the class. That...or they know it is OP but don't want to get nerfed..xD

[Image: 4]
20-06-2012, 09:52 AM | Post: #8
The1stMessiah 
(20-06-2012 06:12 AM)Ankylar Wrote:  
(20-06-2012 01:40 AM)Firstcommando Wrote:  Short and normal range the gunners wins.

I agree. Not to mention at long ranges, the gunner has rocket launcher to knock you into the air, keg to slow you down while he catches up to you with leg it and pirate pistol. People who can't see that gunners are a bit overpowered are just in denial and are biased towards the class. That...or they know it is OP but don't want to get nerfed..xD

+1

[Image: 2njvae1.jpg]
20-06-2012, 10:04 AM | Post: #9
orpheus###### 

Those things actually take skill and luck to do at longer ranges.
If you aren't able to dodge rockets at longer range then you deserve to get killed.
23-06-2012, 03:39 PM | Post: #10
fabrisius 

Gunner isn't OP. Classes are equal. SoldierBS and gunner down, 2 snipershots and gunner down.
None of the classes is OP

[Image: f9uv8.jpg]
23-06-2012, 03:58 PM | Post: #11
AAnnoo 
(23-06-2012 03:39 PM)fabrisius Wrote:  

Gunner isn't OP. Classes are equal. SoldierBS and gunner down, 2 snipershots and gunner down.
None of the classes is OP
Seems like somebody didn´t notice that they nerfed BS....you can´t do insta kills with it anymore.
GS got buffed & IEG nerfed, but that isn´t changing the fact that gunner still got 3 abilitys that are way more powerful than all abilitys the soldier got.

A good soldier can beat a average skilled gunner in 1vs1...if it´s good soldier vs good gunner, the gunner will win in most cases.

23-06-2012, 03:59 PM | Post: #12
The_WUUSTER 
It's a matter of range. Assuming both people are equally skilled, the soldier wins in most LR scenarios while the gunner wins in SR scenarios.

(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 03:59 PM by The_WUUSTER.)
23-06-2012, 04:19 PM | Post: #13
epicchickengod 
Tbh, if i played aganist the guy in the video, i say he hacked too >_>

Although i personally say my best class is soldier (despite playing gunner more) I find the lr pistol to be easy to aim, and beating gunners isnt that hard. BS5 is somewhat nessary though.

I will agree that soldiers require team work to work though.

[Image: u24jr.png]
Yugioh anyone? DuelingNetwork Username is Epicchickengod
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
23-06-2012, 04:25 PM | Post: #14
~DutchDawnie~ 
Good old IEG Sad

[Image: 2you1id.jpg]
23-06-2012, 11:22 PM | Post: #15
Laffinman 
Gunner all the way
Close range the advantage should go all the way to gunner
There are those cases where people just spam Blast strike, no worry i can wait for the widget to counter that to come out.
soldier is the "Balanced class" so it would most likely lose out to the gunner in close range and depending on a gunners skill at long range depends as well. I would say a soldier should win at long range.
I being biased as a gunner and from experience having really no problem at long ranges have to say the winner of this debate is the gunner.

[Image: 1]
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 11:36 PM by Laffinman.)
24-06-2012, 02:07 AM | Post: #16
Ub3rCharged 

+1

[Image: TophatMudkip.gif]

Nationals in a Nutshell.
24-06-2012, 06:21 AM | Post: #17
DorianGray 
Any good player will generally agree that soldiers generally have the upper hand simply by keeping their distance and pistoling people to death.

This is without adding in any new weapons like the beamer weapon which seems ridiculous.

Mostly though it's about range as Wuu already stated.
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2012 06:29 AM by DorianGray.)
24-06-2012, 08:09 PM | Post: #18
The_WUUSTER 

If this post was made before the fail-update I would've actually taken you seriously.

25-06-2012, 08:31 PM | Post: #19
Hall.Of.Fame 

You almost haven't playd with your gunner, so this means you can't give an honest opinion since you only know gunners as your enemy while playing your soldier or commando.

[Image: blueswork4flo.png]
26-06-2012, 08:02 AM | Post: #20
The1stMessiah 
(19-06-2012 10:40 PM)MrKiller955 Wrote:  I would say gunner has okay abilleites but soldider has so much better ones like heal buring bullets

This guy seems pro, didn't mention 6S and said BB Exclamation

When will they learn...

[Image: 2njvae1.jpg]