Hello There, Guest!

19-06-2012, 02:12 AM | Post: #1
NadeZlol 
Seeing as the developers have actually been listening and have decided to change a few class skills, I have to ask, when will we see a sniping nerf?
Sniping as it stands is way too easy, and does far too much damage as a reward for that easiness.

My suggestions would be:
- Make the cross-hair recoil move in a random direction.
- Nerf (balance) the damage output of Piercing Shots(!).
- Make the cross-hair lines smaller.

[Image: 2]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2012, 02:25 AM | Post: #2
stupiditytries 
I think fast rifle is pretty OP, but slow actually requires timing and rewards aim. You have to be somewhat decent to be successful sniping (with slow rifle) in high levels. Sniping is all about quick kills, but fast rifle takes it too far.

Seeing as it still takes at least 2 shots to kill anyone with slow rifle + PS5, I only think fast rifle should be reworked (or taken out altogether, to please the masses - but that'll never happen). Decrease damage the closer you get is a start. You shouldn't be able to take out a gunner from 10m away, it's just backwards. Smaller clip size would be nice as well.

IMO, nerfing snipers to the point that it isn't "sniping" (i.e. requiring many shots to get a kill) isn't what should be done. Removing PS altogether and buffing rifles base damage a little would be the best option I think. This would make sniping less "crutch-y" and make commandos rely on their trusty knife, or another weapon, in combination with rifle.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about universe."
-Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 02:27 AM by stupiditytries.)
19-06-2012, 04:53 AM | Post: #3
~Ryan. 
i have to agree the fast rifle is quite OP and needs a nerf, altough the slow is fine the way it is

[Image: shoot001.png]
19-06-2012, 08:18 AM | Post: #4
mnjcompagnie 
personnaly, if you can aim with the slow rifle, you can devour anything in your way. I consider that as a little op too. (I hate snipers anyways, so my opinion on that may be a little twisted)

[Image: banana.gif]
These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie[Image: banana.gif]

Why you copypasta?
19-06-2012, 08:21 AM | Post: #5
LightItUp! 
(19-06-2012 08:18 AM)mnjcompagnie Wrote:  personnaly, if you can aim with the slow rifle, you can devour anything in your way. I consider that as a little op too. (I hate snipers anyways, so my opinion on that may be a little twisted)

I see the slow rifle being better than the fast... thats y i personally play the fast. slow got too easy.
snd sniping is not OP IMO. only if u go into the long range fight as a gunner/soldier, and thats not the problem of the sniper.

[Image: f9uv8.jpg][/align]
19-06-2012, 08:52 AM | Post: #6
mnjcompagnie 
My problem is,
The snipers sits on a hill somewhere, shoots someone. If he doesn't get a kill, he has bad luck. But he NEVER gets killed! The only people who may kill a sniper is another sniper.
Thats my problem with snipers, they are almost invinceble(wish I could spell that). Also they kill people the easiest, if they had to work or something, but no, all they have to do is aim. not even strafe. Just PS and aim.
There is little to no skill needed when sniping, I sniped for the first time like a month ago and I went 79-24 kd that day. Thats just ridiculous, I have never sniped before and THATS my kd?!?! This isn't right. I putted it away right afterwards.
Those are the reasons why I hate snipers.

Why you copypasta?
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 08:54 AM by mnjcompagnie.)
19-06-2012, 09:51 AM | Post: #7
YouJustGotServed 
It's good the way it is you have to use your abilities to counter a sniper...

[Image: youjustgotpunkDsig_zps4b72ac8b.png]

(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 09:51 AM by YouJustGotServed.)
19-06-2012, 10:36 AM | Post: #8
sniperbullethero 
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/ref/2407762004

19-06-2012, 12:00 PM | Post: #9
Fanis. 
Nooo. This will be female dog soldier palace

No Signature No Swag.
19-06-2012, 01:41 PM | Post: #10
jallu87 
remove ability to equip stealth with sniper rifle. fixed.

19-06-2012, 04:10 PM | Post: #11
Ganjahgg 
Another QQ thread... founded by a guy who never played a sniper at high levels.<facepalm>

[Image: 79]
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 04:14 PM by Ganjahgg.)
19-06-2012, 05:07 PM | Post: #12
traduz 
WTH, why a sniper would move his weapon randomly while sniping? LOOOOOOOOOL
Maybe if he has Parkinson? So I guess they will introduce a new ability in the game? Cool.

19-06-2012, 06:47 PM | Post: #13
Hanz787 
I've always thought that PS should be most effective against tanks, planes and jeeps. Not just damage the vehicle, but pierce the armor and hit the driver too (not massive damage to the driver, but 8-12 damage per shot). Now that they came out with a weapon speciallizing in taking out vehicles, I doubt this will be a change they make to PS.

Snipers are annoying, but they add a dynamic to the game to keep it interesting.

[Image: Signature.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:53 PM by Hanz787.)
19-06-2012, 06:50 PM | Post: #14
stupiditytries 
(19-06-2012 08:21 AM)LightItUp! Wrote:  
(19-06-2012 08:18 AM)mnjcompagnie Wrote:  personnaly, if you can aim with the slow rifle, you can devour anything in your way. I consider that as a little op too. (I hate snipers anyways, so my opinion on that may be a little twisted)

I see the slow rifle being better than the fast... thats y i personally play the fast. slow got too easy.
snd sniping is not OP IMO. only if u go into the long range fight as a gunner/soldier, and thats not the problem of the sniper.
You've obviously not played commando in high levels.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about universe."
-Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:51 PM by stupiditytries.)
19-06-2012, 10:41 PM | Post: #15
mnjcompagnie 
Anyways, I hope there'll be a sniper nerf soon and that they overdo it just as much/more than the ieg nerf

Why you copypasta?
20-06-2012, 08:40 AM | Post: #16
JesusWept 
(19-06-2012 05:07 PM)traduz Wrote:  WTH, why a sniper would move his weapon randomly while sniping? LOOOOOOOOOL
Maybe if he has Parkinson? So I guess they will introduce a new ability in the game? Cool.

Recoil is not caused by the shooter but by the weapon.

What are you talking about Willis?

[Image: 1]
20-06-2012, 04:53 PM | Post: #17
traduz 
Trolls everywhere, i cant even see their movements.

21-06-2012, 01:03 AM | Post: #18
s0zage 
(20-06-2012 08:40 AM)JesusWept Wrote:  
(19-06-2012 05:07 PM)traduz Wrote:  WTH, why a sniper would move his weapon randomly while sniping? LOOOOOOOOOL

No he means the way the scope sways and it would make sense if that was random assuming that a real life M95 weights like what?10 kilos?
21-06-2012, 01:39 AM | Post: #19
Volcomskatr2 
I don't agree with the nerfs you said but the fast rifle could be nerfed a little but shouldnt be nerfed to heck like what normally happens when they nerf somthing.

[Image: 14217_s.gif]
[Image: 96hov6.png]
21-06-2012, 03:20 AM | Post: #20
junkbondtrader 
(21-06-2012 01:03 AM)s0zage Wrote:  
(20-06-2012 08:40 AM)JesusWept Wrote:  

No he means the way the scope sways and it would make sense if that was random assuming that a real life M95 weights like what?10 kilos?
Don't bring real life into BFH, I mean c'mon. Tongue