Hello There, Guest!

24-05-2012, 02:36 AM | Post: #21
AlphaDawg 
TLDR, both are fun to play.

Whenever I play Royals, no one wants to get in the jeep/plane with me. I honk and honk and honk but everyone just ignores me. When I try to defend a flag, all my teammates leave, and then the whole National army comes crashing down on me all by myself! Nationals, on the other hand, use teamwork, but then all my kills get stolen so....

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=0cd8a7af1da272...mp;amp;c=1]
Hey forum regulars! Click here to read the Noob Chronicles!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2012, 02:41 AM | Post: #22
AmsterdamHeavy
(24-05-2012 02:36 AM)AlphaDawg Wrote:  TLDR, both are fun to play.

Whenever I play Royals, no one wants to get in the jeep/plane with me. I honk and honk and honk but everyone just ignores me. When I try to defend a flag, all my teammates leave, and then the whole National army comes crashing down on me all by myself! Nationals, on the other hand, use teamwork, but then all my kills get stolen so....

"Kill stealing" is irrelevant and, in this game, indicative of teamwork. Thank you for confirming my experience.
24-05-2012, 02:49 AM | Post: #23
MeeDogenLoos 
Lets try it out

[Image: 1]
24-05-2012, 02:51 AM | Post: #24
The_WUUSTER 
(24-05-2012 02:10 AM)AmsterdamHeavy Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:52 AM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:38 AM)AmsterdamHeavy Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:35 AM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  So what you're saying is...
If I am playing my royal soldier I have no teamwork
Now I go to my National soldier and now I have teamwork!

No

Gunner actually, and YES that is exactly what I am saying.
I get what you're saying, but what you're saying is incorrect. Faction does not determine teamwork. I can use the same teamwork on royals that I do on nationals. You don't automatically get considered someone without teamwork just because you are a royal....

I am talking about direct personal experience, Since returning to full time Royals play after a couple years away, this is what I am experiencing: the Royals *generally speaking* are severely lacking in both common sense and teamwork.

Im not trying to start some kind of flame war, and Im not making this up. The servers Ive been playing on have made it painful as hell to be a Royal. As described above; you try to get some peopel in a jeep with you an dthe team wanders off. You try to get in a a jeep with someone and they drive off. They run around willy-nilly as individuals and youre lucky to get one, maybe two people to work with you.

When I play Nats, dont get me wrong, there are dumb asses doing their own thing but they are mostly nabs or commandos. You can usually get a good 3 or 4 people to group with, not ALWAYS, but *generally speaking*.

I dont expect every round to be perfect examples of team play but FFS this is seriously painful.

Ive started this thread because I have to level a Royal gunner and soldier to get my "6 pack" and Im wondering if it is even worth it.

Generally speaking for me this statement generally holds true. On average, from personal experience I've usually had a lot better games with Nats, and when I'm on Royals my team usually isn't as good (although also from experience the few times I did have a good Royal team, it was a REAL team, an almost clan-worthy team).

I recently started leveling a Royal gunner, and I've lost count of the times I've had to face a spawnkilling, stomping Nat team with only 2-3 teammates (and to further emphasize the pathetic-ness of matchmaking, sometimes my teammates aren't even level 10). It's gotten so frustrating to the point I don't even bother leaving unbalanced servers anymore, and frankly it also explains why my Royal gunner's W/L is significantly lower than the W/L ratios of my other heroes (lol it's barely positive).

But that's life, and matchmaking's likely not going to improve. So I guess your only real option is to just deal with it, and learn to play with such handicaps. On the bright side, playing with such bad teammates (or against a vastly superior team) forces you to improve your playing; I have to admit my overall skill as a player dramatically increased after I got used to playing with a shetty team 75% of the time.

Also, I think it's important to point out that on basically every map (except for MM and RR), Nats have the map advantage.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 02:55 AM by The_WUUSTER.)
24-05-2012, 02:58 AM | Post: #25
Gator4Eva 
(24-05-2012 02:51 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:38 AM)AmsterdamHeavy Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:35 AM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  So what you're saying is...
If I am playing my royal soldier I have no teamwork
Now I go to my National soldier and now I have teamwork!

No

Gunner actually, and YES that is exactly what I am saying.
I get what you're saying, but what you're saying is incorrect. Faction does not determine teamwork. I can use the same teamwork on royals that I do on nationals. You don't automatically get considered someone without teamwork just because you are a royal....

I am talking about direct personal experience, Since returning to full time Royals play after a couple years away, this is what I am experiencing: the Royals *generally speaking* are severely lacking in both common sense and teamwork.

Im not trying to start some kind of flame war, and Im not making this up. The servers Ive been playing on have made it painful as hell to be a Royal. As described above; you try to get some peopel in a jeep with you an dthe team wanders off. You try to get in a a jeep with someone and they drive off. They run around willy-nilly as individuals and youre lucky to get one, maybe two people to work with you.

When I play Nats, dont get me wrong, there are dumb asses doing their own thing but they are mostly nabs or commandos. You can usually get a good 3 or 4 people to group with, not ALWAYS, but *generally speaking*.

I dont expect every round to be perfect examples of team play but FFS this is seriously painful.

Ive started this thread because I have to level a Royal gunner and soldier to get my "6 pack" and Im wondering if it is even worth it.

Generally speaking for me this statement generally holds true. On average, from personal experience I've usually had a lot better games with Nats, and when I'm on Royals my team usually isn't as good (although also from experience the few times I did have a good Royal team, it was a REAL team, an almost clan-worthy team).

I recently started leveling a Royal gunner, and I've lost count of the times I've had to face a spawnkilling, stomping Nat team with only 2-3 teammates (and to further emphasize the pathetic-ness of matchmaking, sometimes my teammates aren't even level 10). It's gotten so frustrating to the point I don't even bother leaving unbalanced servers anymore, and frankly it also explains why my Royal gunner's W/L is significantly lower than the W/L ratios of my other heroes (lol it's barely positive).

But that's life, and matchmaking's likely not going to improve. So I guess your only real option is to just deal with it, and learn to play with such handicaps. On the bright side, playing with such bad teammates (or against a vastly superior team) forces you to improve your playing; I have to admit my overall skill as a player dramatically increased after I got used to playing with a shetty team 75% of the time.

Also, I think it's important to point out that on basically every map (except for MM and RR), Nats have the map advantage.
I don't get this though: You say royals are lacking common sense...yet most players play both royals and nationals. So take me for example, I got on Royal and you believe I have a lack of common sense. Now, I switch to National, do I now have an increased amount of common sense just because I switched factions? Not in my opinion.

I do believe there is more spawnkilling and bashing from the Nationals, maybe because more people play nationals, resulting to unbalanced matches (8v5, 7v5, 6v3) All in Nationals favor, not their fault. However, it wouldn't hurt if sometimes people could switch teams or just leave the server if they are bashing or spawnkilling. I don't care if you pressed playnow, you can still leave for balance.

[Image: ienpt4.png]
24-05-2012, 03:11 AM | Post: #26
Rogue#1 
Generally younger players play royal [7-12 years old], while the older people [teens/20+] play national.
Younger players play royals because they like the friendly/light colored/army outfits, while the older players like the darker/dress uniform/black themes of nationals.
Older players are more prone to teamwork and the like, and generally older players are better [look at the leader boards].
That's what I think.
A lot of people play both though. But generally I think older players play more national, and younger players play more royal.

<Insert meaningful signature here>
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 03:13 AM by Rogue#1.)
24-05-2012, 03:13 AM | Post: #27
The_WUUSTER 
(24-05-2012 02:58 AM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 02:51 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:38 AM)AmsterdamHeavy Wrote:  Gunner actually, and YES that is exactly what I am saying.

I don't get this though: You say royals are lacking common sense...yet most players play both royals and nationals. So take me for example, I got on Royal and you believe I have a lack of common sense. Now, I switch to National, do I now have an increased amount of common sense just because I switched factions? Not in my opinion.

I do believe there is more spawnkilling and bashing from the Nationals, maybe because more people play nationals, resulting to unbalanced matches (8v5, 7v5, 6v3) All in Nationals favor, not their fault. However, it wouldn't hurt if sometimes people could switch teams or just leave the server if they are bashing or spawnkilling. I don't care if you pressed playnow, you can still leave for balance.

The thing is, not all people have the morality to balance a game for fun's sake. That's also another reason as to why I'm leveling a Royal gunner, so that I can balance the games equally if I ever need to.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
24-05-2012, 03:14 AM | Post: #28
AmsterdamHeavy
(24-05-2012 02:51 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Generally speaking for me this statement generally holds true. On average, from personal experience I've usually had a lot better games with Nats, and when I'm on Royals my team usually isn't as good (although also from experience the few times I did have a good Royal team, it was a REAL team, an almost clan-worthy team).

Thank you as well for confirming my experience. Its good to know Im not being subjective and "crazy".

Id like to add for everyone else, that I have encountered "good" Royal teams as a Nat, and thats usually a fun time, but it seems to me that those particular Royal teams are friends and grouped up on Skype/Vent., etc
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 02:31 PM by AmsterdamHeavy.)
24-05-2012, 07:21 AM | Post: #29
Moran647 
(24-05-2012 03:11 AM)Rogue#1 Wrote:  Generally younger players play royal [7-12 years old], while the older people [teens/20+] play national.
Younger players play royals because they like the friendly/light colored/army outfits, while the older players like the darker/dress uniform/black themes of nationals.
Older players are more prone to teamwork and the like, and generally older players are better [look at the leader boards].
That's what I think.
A lot of people play both though. But generally I think older players play more national, and younger players play more royal.
^^^for sure - my younger brother likes playing royal. And even wasn't to exited when i presented him my old (full nat) acc =D Though he plays national mando and royal gunner and soldier (i think it's also the reason of tons of noobmandos over here =D).

24-05-2012, 07:27 AM | Post: #30
{BonusLevel} 
Wait, we're doing the whole Royals vs National race war again? O.e

Man this topic is getting old =.=

(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 07:28 AM by {BonusLevel}.)
24-05-2012, 07:45 AM | Post: #31
Ruhti 
(24-05-2012 03:11 AM)Rogue#1 Wrote:  Generally younger players play royal [7-12 years old], while the older people [teens/20+] play national.
That's what I think.

Funny because me and all my older friends prefer royals and consider nats with their plain black coats and skulls the childrens faction. But anyway maybe one reason why Royals lose is because they simply have more low levels and these good Nat teams bash these noobs?

The matchmaking will for sure fail if it does not find enough high levels on Royals and has to place all the high level Nats vs. low level Royals.

But my opinion and theory are biased as hell as I only play Royals myself. Gotta say though I have seen some really good teamwork on Royals and I have seen less Royal than Nat commandos, thats a deciding factor as well.

[Image: uc4sm.png]

24-05-2012, 11:00 AM | Post: #32
Teoko 
I mostly play with Royals(and gunner) and my experience of this is that everybody goes alone...
I would be very lucky if I found one or two guys to cooperate...
In addition, i hardly find any soldiers/medics to heal me..so i started playing also as a soldier.
The last month i noticed that when I join a game..my teammates comandos are TOO MANY and most of them succ...the opponents get me down with 2-3 shots..and they all go in groups..(with 2 or more medics)...

[Image: 2]
24-05-2012, 05:02 PM | Post: #33
Sedusa 
There should be about 5 threads of this same subject on forums.. look for them if you want to see more arguments (=arguing)

24-05-2012, 06:19 PM | Post: #34
SirLazarus 
(24-05-2012 05:02 PM)Sedusa Wrote:  There should be about 5 threads of this same subject on forums.. look for them if you want to see more arguments (=arguing)

Those are all "royals are fat, nats are revived corpses with nothing but skin and bones and skulls, lots of skulls". This one actually has a point to it.

24-05-2012, 06:20 PM | Post: #35
SirLazarus 
edited for browser fail

(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 06:21 PM by SirLazarus.)
24-05-2012, 06:35 PM | Post: #36
Sedusa 
(24-05-2012 06:19 PM)SirLazarus Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 05:02 PM)Sedusa Wrote:  There should be about 5 threads of this same subject on forums.. look for them if you want to see more arguments (=arguing)

Those are all "royals are fat, nats are revived corpses with nothing but skin and bones and skulls, lots of skulls". This one actually has a point to it.

go through those posts and you'll see all the points OP brought up here are mentioned in those threads

24-05-2012, 06:58 PM | Post: #37
LastShadow18 
Have to admit, even i'm a hardcore royal, roy teams suck these days. At the start of a vehicle map, everyone grabs a jeep/plane/tank and me and some other guys are left 4 dead. I'm sirprised about tons of noobs in my teams, and mostly, i'm most skilled player. Even though this is my first acc, it's lv 17 and got tons of xp boosts from the claw

[Image: wrmmwo.png]

Thanks to APELINCOLN for the ossum derp Big Grin
Hate boring pre-games? Read my guide!
24-05-2012, 07:09 PM | Post: #38
ownaGe`Desi 
(24-05-2012 01:26 AM)AmsterdamHeavy Wrote:  So, I've been playing off and on a longish time. I leveled a Nat soldier and then a Royal Commando well before CB ended. Ive been playing Nationals mostly since then and now I am leveling a royal gunner.

My observation:

*Generally speaking* the Royals, besides being fatasses, are simply terrible at the game. *Generally speaking* the Royals seem to be far less inclined to team work. Whereas you may get 4 or 5 Nats working together, the servers Ive been playing on Im lucky to get 1 or 2 other people to work with as a Royal.

Its pretty frustrating. Anyone else care to share their experiences?

Over the years I have been playing this game (since CB Sleepy ), I noticed that Royals do have "less" teamwork players than nationals. Thats the reason why I play nats more.
So yeah I agree with you.

(24-05-2012 01:52 AM)Tomonor Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:39 AM)Richy_Greenback Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:38 AM)ElTipoDuro Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 01:31 AM)Richy_Greenback Wrote:  My experience:

Nationals bash
Nationals hack
Nationals camp

PS: this thread is askin' for trouble

I can say the same for royals as well Wink

I can say you're a lier

Richy Greenback - The player who had no idea of what statements he makes.

[Image: dsadddd.png]

Lololololz

[Image: doneq.png]
24-05-2012, 07:13 PM | Post: #39
SirLazarus 
(24-05-2012 06:35 PM)Sedusa Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 06:19 PM)SirLazarus Wrote:  

go through those posts and you'll see all the points OP brought up here are mentioned in those threads

Ho, ho, ho. NO. I would rather play Hello Kitty online then read one of those abominations. How 'bout we keep this legit one going without "Roys su fut lul".

24-05-2012, 07:57 PM | Post: #40
Sedusa 
(24-05-2012 07:13 PM)SirLazarus Wrote:  Ho, ho, ho. NO. I would rather play Hello Kitty online then read one of those abominations. How 'bout we keep this legit one going without "Roys su fut lul".

you keep believing that. Would be better if this got locked because there will be no rational converastion :/