[guide] The dos and don'ts of BFH, How not to be newbs and start off right
08-05-2012, 02:41 AM | Post: #1Richy_Greenback
I made this guide so people who are new know how to start off in BFH and not to become annoying newbs.
Lets start with your name, here some bad names:
Anything saying ____togunner, or mustangto____
Don't copy someone's name or something like it
Don't say anything hateful that can be criticized
Doing these things will make people automatically dislike you
Here are some good rules to follow when you are in-game so you don't annoy everyone:
1. Don't call people hackers whenever you die
2. Be nice, don't say bg, say gg. But only if truly is a bg/gg
3. Don't base-camp
4. If theres a spawnkiller, hacker, or statpadder- don't waste your time complaining, leave the server and find a new one
How to find good servers:
1. go to servers in forums and find ones you like
2. Find low level servers, don't play in high ones. Or ones that have people of the same level as you
3. Find ones with nice people in them
4. You may want to start out with unranked servers
Abilities can make people love you too, here's some good ability set-ups that make you less hated
Soldier: I recommend starting with this class or commando
Combat Medicine: 5/5
Blasting Strike: 4/5
Burning Bullets: 2/5
6th Sense: 4/5
Grenade Spam: 1/5
Leg it: 5/5
Hero Shield: 4/5
I Eat Grenades: 3/5
Frenzy Fire: 1/5
Commando: I recommend starting with this class or soldier
Piercing Shot: 3/5
Mark Target: 5/5
Troop Trap: 5/5
Poison Blade: 4/5
Mark Target: 4/5
Troop Trap: 1/5
This is the hard part. If you want to be well known in BFH, take part in forums. But bad news, barely anyone will like you if you start out with big threads causing flame wars and dumb posts.
Here's how to become more well-known on the forums, start small then go big. But always remember: USE SEARCH AND SEE IF YOUR TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED
1. Start with the Rating and Polls section and rate some outfits and other stuff, this way you can be known without jumping right in
2. I am putting this in as the second step because you will look kind of desperate if you just do this right away- introduce yourself in the "hello here I am" thread
3. Comment on guides and war stories, people will like your advice and comments. This way you will be known as a nice person.
4. Next move up too Multi-media and comment on gallery's and videos.
5. Take part in one game in the off-topic section, don't spam them all. And also DON'T do the "rate how famous the person above you is". Then take part in more games
6. By this point people will think you have enough experience to sign suggestions, but not all
7. Now ask for a signature
8. Start commenting on News, if your first even better
9. After repeating these at higher levels you can try and make your own thread
Nobody likes someone who just joined making these giant threads, so after the steps above, do this if you want to make a thread:
1. First of all- follow the rules with any post and don't have a title with all caps and a blunt description
2. Start with having people rate an outfit, listen to there ideas and don't get too offended
3. All next things are very big leaps so start making discussion threads in General Chat, BUT DON'T MAKE A FLAME WAR
4. If you want you can make a small story, nothing huge, in war-stories
5. Try and make a suggestion, but don't expect it to be huge. Keep it updated and make sure it hasn't been suggested before by searching.
6. Try making a group, not a clan, a group of something/someone you like and you think other people will like too.
7. If you have a drawing skill then make a gallery, many people who have galleries are only well known from them.
8. If you have a server you can advertise it.
9. If you have a clan you can advertise it
10. If you want to make a contest you can
11. If you think you are a good player try making videos
12. After you think you are really good try making a guide but by this point you shouldn't be considered new anymore
Well that is how to be well-known on the forums, and if you are new and want to use the forums this will give you step by step instructions on how not to be hated.
Basic do's and don'ts
Speak another language
If anyone has any suggestions tell me, I hope this helped!
08-05-2012, 02:57 AM | Post: #2TheeTreeHugger
Wow, nice guide. Very helpful
It's me Richy_Greenback :3
0 Kills + Level 9!!!
08-05-2012, 03:34 AM | Post: #3Eldeeo
Very nice! Its nice to know that people actualy like to help people who start this game!
This Is the only thing that bugs me.
some people cant help going in low level servers, this often causes aggressiveness.
Once I joined a match, unaware that people were around lvl 15 ( On my lvl 30 mind you)
and people started to rage at me with hateful words and taunting.
So yea. Try to stay in servers that have people that are around you level or higher. once you are lvl 30 however. it doesn't really matter because no matter what, everyone will be a lower level than you
08-05-2012, 04:49 AM | Post: #4damn101
Good guide here.
08-05-2012, 05:06 AM | Post: #5Rogue#1
You need to add that if you don't wanna be called a noob you need to do the following things:
1. Don't use tonics
2. Don't use bandages
3. Don't use wrenches
4. Don't use FF/PS/BB/BS/TT/PB/KEG/CM/IEG/stealth
5. Don't use tanks
6. Don't use planes
7. Don't use jeeps
8. Don't use slow sniper
9. Don't use fast sniper
10. Don't use stock sniper
11. Don't use cheeser
12. Don't use long range MGs
13. Don't use shotguns
14. Don't buy funds
15. Don't freeload
16. Don't cap flags
17. Don't just go for kills
18. Don't use PP
19. Don't use super/uber weapons
20. Don't use nonsuper/uber weapons
21. Don't use widgets
22. Don't use AK74/M16
23. Don't play commando/gunner/soldier
If you follow these simple steps you will never be called a noob!
<Insert meaningful signature here>
08-05-2012, 05:20 AM | Post: #6jojotheepic
(08-05-2012 02:41 AM)Richy_Greenback Wrote: I made this guide so people who are new know how to start off in BFH and not to become annoying newbs.
08-05-2012, 06:23 AM | Post: #7Propete
Pretty sure you can say bg if you want. Not every game is a 'good game', so don't say it if it's not true. If it was a bg for you, say bg. Simple as that.
08-05-2012, 06:33 AM | Post: #8Charlie.Bucket
08-05-2012, 08:23 AM | Post: #9polyeder2000
For the Forum:
The most important point if you are new to something, regardless what it is:
Read, before you ask questions!
Most of the questions a newcomer has are already answered in the forum, F.A.Q. or manuals. There are a lot of guides for beginners for every class, posts on weapons and abilities and so on.
If you really want to post a topic, remember KISS (keep it small and simple). Write all the stuff that is important but leave out the details that aren't.
Everybody can make mistakes in grammar or spelling, but try to reduce it to an absolute minimum, because that will make it easier to understand your point. If your are not a native English speaker (not from an English speaking country) ask someone to proof read your topic before posting, so you can correct your mistakes.
Use the spelling tools of your computer and the Internet (like http://dict.leo.org) but don't use translation machines.
08-05-2012, 08:25 AM | Post: #10epicchickengod
(08-05-2012 02:41 AM)Richy_Greenback Wrote: 4. If theres a spawnkiller, hacker, or statpadder- don't waste your time complaining, leave the server and find a new one
Here in asia, there are only like 5 servers, and 4 of them are almost always empty, and the one thats full is filled with spawn killing.
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
08-05-2012, 07:53 PM | Post: #11zerotohero22
Thanks for the post bro.
08-05-2012, 08:08 PM | Post: #12FatGazelle
I'd add the vanilla builds for each of the 3 classes.
Weapons: Short range SMG, long range pistol, and hand grenade
Level 2: Blasting Strike(BS) 1
Level 4: Combat Medicine(CM) 2
6: CM 3
8: CM 4
10: CM 5(Maxed)
12: Sixth Sense(SS) 1
14: BS 2
16: BS 3
18: BS 4
20: BS 5(Maxed)
22: Burning Bullets(BB) 1
24: Grenade Spam(GS) 1
26: GS 2
28: GS 3
30(Max level): GS 4
Weapons: Short range MG, long range shotgun, and Panzerfist/Tank Buster
Level 2: Leg It(LI) 1
Level 4: LI 2
6: LI 3
8: LI 4
10: LI 5(Maxed)
12: Explosive Keg(K) 1
14: I Eats Grenades(IEG) 1
16: Frenzy Fire(FF) 1
18: FF 2
20: FF 3
22: FF 4
24: FF 5(Maxed)
26: K 2
28: K 3
30(Max level): K 4
Please don't play this class, it's shameful and hurts the community.
09-05-2012, 03:31 AM | Post: #13Rogue#1
(08-05-2012 08:08 PM)FatGazelle Wrote: Commando
<Insert meaningful signature here>
09-05-2012, 06:39 PM | Post: #14GhotiGhost
As far as posting on the forums is concerned, everyone has different views and at some point, someone is going to disagree with you. Don't take negative responses to your posts as a personal attack.
10-05-2012, 06:03 AM | Post: #15FatGazelle
(09-05-2012 03:31 AM)Rogue#1 Wrote:(08-05-2012 08:08 PM)FatGazelle Wrote: Commando
I've played the game for 3 years and have a level 30 commando on both factions, plain and simple, it is a class built to grief, troll, camp, and for the majority of commandos, it promotes a cowardly and agonizingly slow style of play. Over 90% of the people using commandos would be more help to their team on a gunner or soldier.
10-05-2012, 04:12 PM | Post: #16mnjcompagnie
I personally like my commando, but only as a pistolero or knifing guy. (don't worry, knifing doesn't always mean stalk ya know, it means rush in and kill)
I dislike my soldier, this is because of me, it is actually a good class but Im not really good at it.
I adore, love and play bfh for...my gunner. awsome class!
These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie
Why you copypasta?
11-05-2012, 04:47 AM | Post: #17Rogue#1
(10-05-2012 06:03 AM)FatGazelle Wrote: I've played the game for 3 years and have a level 30 commando on both factions, plain and simple, it is a class built to grief, troll, camp, and for the majority of commandos, it promotes a cowardly and agonizingly slow style of play. Over 90% of the people using commandos would be more help to their team on a gunner or soldier.
That is kinda how they were designed to be. Kinda how snipers work in most games.
I find it very fun to play mandos, soldier is pretty fun, and since the massive gunner update a few years back gunner is just a noob class.
<Insert meaningful signature here>
12-05-2012, 05:15 PM | Post: #18Risky_Dangerman
Good guide, maybe make some of the ability set-ups that make your team mates love you the most
20-06-2012, 10:53 AM | Post: #19sharpeye9846
lawl just lawl on this place...
21-06-2012, 09:04 PM | Post: #20Rayxx1
didnt need to put the names in there nobody wants to copy him except fangirls