Hello There, Guest!

23-06-2009, 01:29 PM | Post: #281
Richi1616 
A User of a other Board means the Netgear router or wireless are the problem of Punkbuster.

I will not longer play,when Punkbuster is on ;(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2009, 01:52 PM | Post: #282
theni 
Okay, I truly feel like the kicking is very randomized or rather the non-kicking is very randomized. Last night I played for about 2 hours. I thought it was because I disabled a background program (O&O Defrag 11) but I just tried a couple sections ago and it was a no go. I was systematically shutting down programs and trying random things to test out what possible could be causing Punkbuster to bust my chops every time. Shutting down ATI Control Center, changing resolutions to match the recommended resolution for the game, disabling my dual monitor, using the pb_sleep trick, Firefox as an admin.. I really thought that program was the trick since it was the last thing I disabled before Punkbuster finally said, "Hey, go on and play because you're trying so hard to get in."

Little did I know PB was such a tease.
23-06-2009, 03:34 PM | Post: #283
sarp0791 
what is Punkbuster?

APOLLOIX
23-06-2009, 03:53 PM | Post: #284
Scheide 
Hey all

Just a quick update about my situation, it seems that for me at least the restart fixes everything each time, i woke up logged on, first game got kicked, then reset my comp and retried and havent been kicked once so far

restart ftw!!!!!!!! as well as some of the other steps, mainly updating PB manually and what not

Haal.
23-06-2009, 03:55 PM | Post: #285
Scheide 
BTW sarpo

Punkbuster is an anti-cheat program used by a great many FPS, including BFH CoD 4 Battlefield ect. It is used primarily against aim-bots and other similar cheat bots, but "provides" an easy way to insure no one is cheating. However it can be a fairly difficult and buggy program to perfect within a game, as proven by the countless of issues arising with the implementation in BFH

Haal.
23-06-2009, 04:22 PM | Post: #286
Kimwinger 
I'm still getting kicked by Punkbuster, and i havn't done anything wrong.

I'm really getting frustradet, and mad because of this..

Hoping for help!

Thx.

A proud LEADER of Just For Fun [JFF] - http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/groups/20047

And member of [FAIL] ^^

[Image: 5]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Free Shooter Game
23-06-2009, 05:48 PM | Post: #287
the-zenith 

.jpg  bfhpnkbstererror.jpg (Size: 71.44 KB / Downloads: 81) umm im having an issue that says punkbuster cant install required component D:/..../pnkbster/pbsvc or something when i try to run and update the game. Ive tried manually updating...any help?
23-06-2009, 06:15 PM | Post: #288
Nickoli 
I take it the punkbuster problem hasn't been fixed. Guess I still can't play. Sad
23-06-2009, 06:18 PM | Post: #289
zecane 
(23-06-2009 05:48 PM)the-zenith Wrote:  umm im having an issue that says punkbuster cant install required component D:/..../pnkbster/pbsvc or something when i try to run and update the game. Ive tried manually updating...any help?

Have you tried installing it using http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe ?
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2009 06:26 PM by zecane.)
23-06-2009, 06:27 PM | Post: #290
xcaninox 
**** u PB, u ruined my life.... i wanna play this awesome game and it just dont let me... go the HELL u PB mothefuckers!!! Angry
23-06-2009, 07:45 PM | Post: #291
EOX007 
Failed to install: directory/pb/pbsvc
I've tried everything described on the first page but it still doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 7
64bit version
23-06-2009, 08:29 PM | Post: #292
terence.be 
(23-06-2009 04:21 AM)ElSpacebandito Wrote:  
(18-06-2009 10:19 PM)baaa Wrote:  A POSSIBLE FIX FOR THIS PB 22 ERROR:

Some background:
PB has always given me problems in EVERY game where it's has been used. In BF2 console command pb_sleep 500 command has helped me...

7 Steps that might save your day:
1. Manually update your PB (use PBSETUP, you can download it and read the instructions from http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php ).
2. Check that your firewall allows PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe (located in C:\WINDOWS\system32, at least on 32 bit XP) use connections freely.
3. ***THE NEW STEP***
Go to your PB directory (you will find it in your BF Heroes game directory). Create a new text file into this pb directory. Name that new file to "pbcl.cfg" (without the quotes). Write into this file one line:
pb_sleep 500
Save file.
4. Close all programs that are not really needed.
5. Start the BF Heroes. Play as many rounds as you can.
6. REPORT HERE IF THIS HELPED YOU OR NOT, PLEASE.
7. Optional step: If this trick helped you, write a post to this thread "DICE: Please donate some BattleFunds to user 'baaa' for fixing the most annoying bug in your game." Wink

I have managed to play five full rounds without a kick after I added this new cfg-file. There is still lag spikes but still I havent been kicked out. Smile

Tried updating PB, tried reinstalling BFHeroes and then updating PB, and finally tried this trick. None of these worked, although after adding the pb_sleep file I was able to play for an hour or two until I got kicked.

works like a charm Heart

btw "pb_sleep 500" just means that our pc is to old/slow for the current punkbuster
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2009 08:33 PM by terence.be.)
23-06-2009, 09:39 PM | Post: #293
DrzPrince 
My problem is this, I go to "Add a Game" I click Battlefield Heroes and then when I click "Add Game" It tells me I don't have it yet when I go to Play Now on the BFH site instead of installing it says I already have it and goes telling me to download PB which I did -.-

PB is telling me go get the game I have
BFH is telling me to go get PB which I haveHuhHuhHuh
23-06-2009, 11:43 PM | Post: #294
Fatal_poison123 
I am getting the same problems: ... could not install required component Big Grin:\battlefield heroes\pb\pbsvc.exe
here are my logs:

Attached File(s)
.doc  punkbuster_log_files.doc (Size: 92 KB / Downloads: 57)

23-06-2009, 11:55 PM | Post: #295
Fatal_poison123 
(22-06-2009 05:45 PM)BertaBosman Wrote:  The hackers in the game were less annoying then punkbuster... Dodgy

That is really really true. The hackers are tolerable, but pb is not. it sucks.
24-06-2009, 12:05 AM | Post: #296
Fatal_poison123 
(18-06-2009 12:26 PM)l_maister Wrote:  
(04-06-2009 12:48 AM)DTC-cc2k Wrote:  pb manual update didnt work for me so i reinstalled the game and it works now, perhaps put that in the troubleshoot aswell as a tip?Smile

greetings cc2k

little question: how do you uninstall it???? I permanently deleted every possible EA-file, but still it doesn't want to re-instal it....Huh
grts

go to add/remove programs in control panel.
24-06-2009, 01:34 AM | Post: #297
Cori90 
Death To PunkBuster!
24-06-2009, 01:41 AM | Post: #298
TheRealKrobar 
(23-06-2009 03:53 PM)Scheide Wrote:  Hey all

Just a quick update about my situation, it seems that for me at least the restart fixes everything each time, i woke up logged on, first game got kicked, then reset my comp and retried and havent been kicked once so far

restart ftw!!!!!!!! as well as some of the other steps, mainly updating PB manually and what not

Haal.

that's cool but I'm not going to spend time restarting my pc every time I want to play a game for a little while. I can play dozens of other games without having to do that, this game is great and I'm glad they gave me free 200 BF but it's not worth the headache. Am trying the PB sleep thing real quick, but we'll see Smile
24-06-2009, 02:50 AM | Post: #299
theni 
Okay, so far I've been able to play, exiting the game several times and restarting the browser several times to start up the game. Tried both of my characters and so far it's been working surprisingly!

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit (I'm sure this works on Vista too and XP users can try the "Low Priority" step and disregard anything that has to do with running as an Administrator. Also, this may work in IE.)

What I did:
1. Did not do pb_sleep trick, but pb is already fully updated (manual update)
2. Set the firefox browser to run in admin*, set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (in Properties > Compatibilities when you right click on Firefox icon)
3. Went to battlefield website and logged into accounts (both beta and EA account)
4. Opened up Task Manager while Firefox was running, right-click on firefox browser > set priority mode to "Low"
5. Opened up the BFH folder > right-click on "BFHeroes.exe" > Properties > Compatibility > Run in Windows XP Service Pack 3
6. Opened up pb > right-click on "pbsvc.exe" and set compatibility to Windows XP Service pack 3 and ticked the "Run this program as an administrator"
7. Clicked on Play Now and loaded up the Heroes!

*I restarted my computer and I opened up Firefox but when I started the game, I got Punk'd. I realized that even though I opened the browser, I did it through the pinned shortcut on the Taskbar (Windows 7 only). I then opened up Firefox through the Start Menu, using the right-click > run as administrator.. and voila. It worked again for me after making sure the browser in the Task Manager was still set to Low Priority after going through the Start Menu.

If anyone decides to try this out or needs more clarification, lemme know! If this is indeed a fix for some people, I can take some screenshots to show this step by step if people get their game running besides me!

EDIT: I hope this isn't a fluke!

EDIT2: When it didn't work, just restarted the processes following the instructions I would get it working in a matter of minutes.

EDIT3: Also, I'm not sure if Telemetry has anything to do with it but I turned that off and switched my matching to only "Infantry".

EDIT 4: When I can't get it working, basically, I just follow the steps again from scratch. I change everything to back to before I changed it > applied > hit OK > then reapplied the changes in the steps I posted above. I've gotten it to work every time!

EDIT 5: Edited to update the newest post I've put in this thread.

I've also found that I can get it working again if I:

1. Close the game
2. Close the browser
3. Open Firefox through Start Menu as admin
4. Task Manager > Processes > Set Firefox *32 to Low Priority
5. Enter BFH website and start game

(NO restarting of computer necessary!)

Pretty much when it starts PB 22ing me, it's after I've switched up my abilities or loaded another mission. It's not always but it happens more often when I do that. So I just do what I wrote above and it plays like a dream for hours if I don't end up changing characters or something. It's better than restarting your computer or uninstalling/reinstalling over and over again.

Having trouble playing BFH? A list of known user fixes! (This post was last modified: 26-06-2009 06:45 AM by theni.)
24-06-2009, 07:21 AM | Post: #300
reidy 
Ok I have spent all day trying to get my game to work, it use to be perfect and all was going well untill this update, it was then I became the latest memeber to recieve the honoury PB error 22 kick.

I have read through all the posts here and tried to read most in the forums,

I run XP and today I have reinstalled BFH 4 times, uninstalled and reinstalled PB, tried in firefox, IE8, IE7, tried the pb sleep command, tried turning of any back ground programs,
I have tried it all, from this forum there actually is very little support from Dice.

Well thats it for me they will not see any money for BF points from me as you could purchase stuff only to have the game update, not be able to play for weeks then lose the stuff you purchased,

Oh and just to add in between this time get stuff all help from DICe, the most constructive posts in these forums is from other players,

OH MY GOD ALSO SOMEONE U-238 WHATEVER HIS NAME IS POSTS THE SAME RUBBISH OH TAG YOUR POST WITH A TAG BLA BLA BLA AND REALLY HE WRITES THIS WHEN HE SHOULD BE WRITING SOMETHING A BIT MORE CONSTRUCTIVE,

DICE YOU KNOW YOU MESSED THE GAME UP YOU SHOULD SORT IT OUT FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE STARTED TO SPEND MONEY OR THIS WILL BE DOOMED BEFORE IT BEGINS FOR SURE

In my view guys dont waste your day if you get the pb22 error just wait for an update which will come god knows when
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2009 07:40 AM by reidy.)