Hello There, Guest!

03-06-2009, 06:17 PM | Post: #1
Goodman 
Hello Heroes,

If you are experiencing any issues with PunkBuster we have set up a simple list of troubleshooting tips for you to try.

If these troubleshooting tips do not work please send a ticket to EvenBalance Directly.

To submit a ticket to Evenbalance head on over Here

Try to provide them with as much information as you can:
  • System Specifications
  • Router Model
  • ISP (Internet Service Provider)
  • Firewall/Anti-Virus Software
  • Any PunkBuster log files you have (Log files are located in "C:\Windows\System32\logfiles\punkbuster")
    There should be 2 log files called "PnkBstrA.log" and "PnkBstrB.log", these contain valuable information for discovering the cause of any issues.

[Image: PBTShoot+Notes.png]

1. If you’re running Windows Vista/7, make sure you run your browser as admin, otherwise some installation steps may fail.

2. There have been instances where PunkBuster didn’t install correctly. After you have installed BF Heroes, make sure PunkBuster was also installed.

3. Try manually updating PunkBuster.

4. Certain firewall/security applications are known to cause issues with the PunkBuster service, these include but are not limited to Panda, Comodo, Kaspersky, Threatfire, Spyware Doctor.
    These applications can block communication with the PunkBuster services if they are not correctly set-up. This means that the firewall software needs to be configured to allow these communications. In order to do that you will need to make sure that rules have been created in your firewall software to allow PnkBstrB.exe and PnkBstrA.exe permission to access the internet. Both of these files are located in the "C:\Windows\system32" folder.

5. Another possibility for PunkBuster issues is an outdated certificate database:
    Since PunkBuster services are digitally signed, if your computer has not been updated with recent certificates, it's possible the services will fail to load. Most of the time a simple Windows Update will insure that your computer is using the latest certificates. More information about these certificates can be found Here

[Image: PBTShoot+Update.png]

1. We recommend you get the latest version of PunkBuster Updater that can be downloaded Here
    (Tip: Save it to your desktop, it will be easier to find)

[Image: flc51f.jpg]

2. Double click pbsetup.zip

3. Extract pbsetup.exe to somewhere on your computer

[Image: 351h0yd.jpg]

4. Double click pbsetup.exe (For Vista/Win7 users, right-click the file and select to run as Admin)

5. Click on Add Game

6. Click on the “Game” drop down menu and select Battlefield Heroes.

[Image: rrpidd.jpg]

7. The box “Game Path” should automatically complete itself but if it doesn’t click Browse and navigate to where you installed the game and then click on Add Game.

[Image: 2ep5w5v.jpg]

8. You will now see Battlefield Heroes in the main window, click Check for Updates

[Image: 2rgf2hy.jpg]

9. A window should pop up with a progress bar and update to the newest version of PunkBuster for the game, after it has finished a notification will appear, click Ok and you are done.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2010 12:25 PM by VitalBullet.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2009, 12:05 AM | Post: #2
FirstAdam 
This helped me so much, the running my browser as admin did it for me. Thanks a Bunch!

I'm running vista-64-bit
04-06-2009, 12:48 AM | Post: #3
DTC-cc2k 
pb manual update didnt work for me so i reinstalled the game and it works now, perhaps put that in the troubleshoot aswell as a tip?Smile

greetings cc2k
04-06-2009, 01:17 AM | Post: #4
Pemu 
I still get error -.-
04-06-2009, 02:10 AM | Post: #5
snjacko213 
i followed these tips and manually updated punk buster...but it STILL kicks me out of every game within the first minute...i think punk buster hates my family Sad
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I CAN DO?????:huh
04-06-2009, 03:23 AM | Post: #6
DTC-cc2k 
(04-06-2009 02:10 AM)snjacko213 Wrote:  i followed these tips and manually updated punk buster...but it STILL kicks me out of every game within the first minute...i think punk buster hates my family Sad
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I CAN DO?????:huh

same problem then i reinstalled the game and it did work
04-06-2009, 03:54 AM | Post: #7
JaLooNz 
Edited... should already have been installed alongside part of the update, and which requires administrative rights. But they could have prompted for administrative rights automatically before they install and not errored out.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 04:05 AM by JaLooNz.)
04-06-2009, 05:24 AM | Post: #8
StinkSauer 
This helped. Ran manual PB update and browser as Admin. All Good. Jolly good show ol' chaps. Rah Rah! Back to the battle!Wink
04-06-2009, 06:01 AM | Post: #9
simoniz 
im still gettin kicked by pb

[Image: pubsig.php?The%20Buoy;195431230;30]
04-06-2009, 06:08 AM | Post: #10
simoniz 
sorry dp, i was gonna upload my log file but im gettin an error sayin the type of file I attached is not allowed its a .txt so i dunno whats goin on

[Image: pubsig.php?The%20Buoy;195431230;30]
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM | Post: #11
DeJogg 
hmm, i followed these steps, but it doesnt worked. Confused

But how can i start Firefox as a admisitrator?

EDIT:
At IE, its working fine.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 11:25 AM by DeJogg.)
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM | Post: #12
Prana01 
How can I start FireFox as an Admin? I run it in Vista. I am sorry I am not a super computer guy if this sounds like a stupid question Smile I already manually installed PB and updated it but am not getting any results GAH I wanna play me some Battle feild!!!
04-06-2009, 06:00 PM | Post: #13
Slugma 
(04-06-2009 12:45 PM)Prana01 Wrote:  How can I start FireFox as an Admin? I run it in Vista. I am sorry I am not a super computer guy if this sounds like a stupid question Smile I already manually installed PB and updated it but am not getting any results GAH I wanna play me some Battle feild!!!

When you open your browser (may it be in your menu, taskbar or at the actual folder) right click on it instead of double-clicking. There should be a row saying "Run as administrator" in that menu.

Best Regards
//Slugma - Kola

I try to help the best I can, if you have an issue you can always PM me.

-Stop calling people cheaters(including me Dodgy ) and instead make a video and upload it. Saves you the effort of writing and me the effort of laughing!
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM | Post: #14
Prana01 
Thanks dude I did that and was unable to log into the Battle Feild heros web sight, I just got a blank page no error or anything just blank and the status bar indicated that the page had been loaded. I am not sure what this means but I hope it helps you guys track down what ever got messed up with the websight
05-06-2009, 02:34 PM | Post: #15
pumkin92 
I have som problem whit Server version when i add the game, It says ErrorConfused

What should i do??
09-06-2009, 01:17 PM | Post: #16
BuffaloMike 
I ran the manual pb update.
Still the error occurs when I press play now.

When I try to uninstall bf heroes it says not enough arguements.

What should I do?
09-06-2009, 01:39 PM | Post: #17
neocow 
Thank you Goodman!!!!
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM | Post: #18
Sinp3U 
I cant even start a game because the stupid punkbuster wont download
11-06-2009, 01:32 PM | Post: #19
LoNeWoLf54 
i done wat u said goodman but i still get the same error pbsvc.exe
please help me

[Image: oanrzn.jpg]

XFIRE: darrenm94
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM | Post: #20
Maviard 
Im getting kicked by punkbuster every game. Ive uninstalled BFH, deleted the remaining folder, reinstalled along with punkbuster and manually updated it; even ran my foxfire with admin. I dont know what else to do i wanna play BFH so bad!!!!