Hello There, Guest!

20-04-2012, 10:03 PM | Post: #121
(=rus=) 
Only kid's with low skill cryin'g about nerf BS.

[Image: 9]
Find all posts by this user
20-04-2012, 10:20 PM | Post: #122
Zwegaphant 
Its not that the nerf wasnt "needed", the problem is that instead of balancing the other classes they are hitting on the already hardest class to play.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-04-2012, 10:23 PM | Post: #123
The_WUUSTER 
I think it's a necessary adjustment; 1-hit kills are just stupidly unfair.

However, it's also equally unfair for them to just tweak BS, when there are PLENTY of other things to fix as well.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
20-04-2012, 10:25 PM | Post: #124
GoodMind 
DW every class will be nerfd as the month/year goes on

[Image: uPapX.png]

Join my fan group Tongue http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/groups/181974
21-04-2012, 01:20 AM | Post: #125
Diggidy 
I hang on roflcopter's every word...

[Image: 12]
21-04-2012, 01:44 AM | Post: #126
2DayULive 
(20-04-2012 09:50 PM)Notyou Wrote:  Oh the nerf was indeed needed. Being able to kill someone at full health with a single press of a button, with no aiming needed - is OP.
It didn't happen many times but it did happen. Now, hopefully it won't happen anymore.
And that's it, that's the only change to BS.
It can still deal some powerful damage, it can still blast an enemy far away, it can still save your ass, it's still effective.
But I definitely agree, all classes need some changes. Changes that would balance out the differences between classes (by this I don't mean to make them all as one class) and breathe some fresh air in the lungs of us BFH veterans. Wink
Based on your logic, while soldiers can do instant kills, other classes can. Not to count that single rocket instant kill. Or even troop trap, it only requires a mando to lay a troop trap on the group in a hidden spot. Even at lv 1 TT, if you place it in the right place, it kills enemy instantly. But no, the chances are low but nothing being done but to soldier, the class that needs it the least.

(20-04-2012 09:46 PM)Crowley69 Wrote:  In other words, use it for what its intentional for being to push people away.
It was also intended for killing. A blast crushing enemies against wall... But meh, I should change my BS to 1 and only use it against mandos. I might as well do full time camping set and use dual LR pistols or LR pistol + LR SMG, BB5, SG 5, CM 5, 1 BS. Why not invest in BS 5? Because there wont be any point in invested abilities to push enemy when you can just camp. The point of BS is to gain distance between enemies now, might as well just keep a long distance.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
21-04-2012, 01:56 AM | Post: #127
2DayULive 
BS VS GS
Both pitiful skills, I am still wondering whether I should compare them, balanced them, or not even bother. GS seems to be in the lead but still not enough positive attitude to even bother playing.

El Hermoso Instincts!
21-04-2012, 02:43 AM | Post: #128
Crowley69 
(21-04-2012 01:44 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 09:46 PM)Crowley69 Wrote:  In other words, use it for what its intentional for being to push people away.

It was also intended for killing.

Time to a change and adapt then.

STR-Unranked will close on Oct 26th
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 02:44 AM by Crowley69.)
21-04-2012, 03:39 AM | Post: #129
The_WUUSTER 
(20-04-2012 09:50 PM)Notyou Wrote:  Oh the nerf was indeed needed. Being able to kill someone at full health with a single press of a button, with no aiming needed - is OP.
It didn't happen many times but it did happen. Now, hopefully it won't happen anymore.
It can still deal some powerful damage, it can still blast an enemy far away, it can still save your ass, it's still effective.
But I definitely agree, all classes need some changes. Changes that would balance out the differences between classes (by this I don't mean to make them all as one class) and breathe some fresh air in the lungs of us BFH veterans. Wink
Based on your logic, while soldiers can do instant kills, other classes can. Not to count that single rocket instant kill. Or even troop trap, it only requires a mando to lay a troop trap on the group in a hidden spot. Even at lv 1 TT, if you place it in the right place, it kills enemy instantly. But no, the chances are low but nothing being done but to soldier, the class that needs it the least.

It was also intended for killing. A blast crushing enemies against wall... But meh, I should change my BS to 1 and only use it against mandos. I might as well do full time camping set and use dual LR pistols or LR pistol + LR SMG, BB5, SG 5, CM 5, 1 BS. Why not invest in BS 5? Because there wont be any point in invested abilities to push enemy when you can just camp. The point of BS is to gain distance between enemies now, might as well just keep a long distance.

I'm pretty sure I heard this argument somewhere.

Soldier BS kills take much less skill than Commando/Gunner insta-kills (sniping excluded). Surprisingly, placing a TT in an ideal spot is actually more difficult than tapping a button on a keyboard! Also, TT's don't insta-kill all the time; many times my TT just sent the guy up into a ceiling or a wall and not deal out additional damage. As for gunner RPG hits, those happen like once out of every 100 attempts.

Full time camping style? Don't you do that already? And running 1 BS with dual LRP's is just begging for a gunner to go down your throat.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
21-04-2012, 04:46 AM | Post: #130
2DayULive 
(21-04-2012 03:39 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I heard this argument somewhere.
Ahu, previous talk I believe.

Quote:Soldier BS kills take much less skill than Commando/Gunner insta-kills (sniping excluded). Surprisingly, placing a TT in an ideal spot is actually more difficult than tapping a button on a keyboard! Also, TT's don't insta-kill all the time; many times my TT just sent the guy up into a ceiling or a wall and not deal out additional damage. As for gunner RPG hits, those happen like once out of every 100 attempts.
Soldier vs TT is the same. A mando TT might be easier in fact. Once you find the spots, is it hard to repeat? The only part about TT is that you will have to wait for the player to get close to them. difference? TT will always deal dmg and BS not. Assuming that BS is more frequent than TT(well, relying on the average players it is), TT will always deal dmg. But TT do have a higher rate of instant kills than BS. BS mainly blasted players away while TT can be specifically place in a spot that have 80% chance of instant kills. The RPG hits is somewhat true but MEH. What I said was mainly based on his logic. In short, all instant kills should be remove, even if chances are slim(that is his/her logic(person I quote).

Quote:Full time camping style? Don't you do that already? And running 1 BS with dual LRP's is just begging for a gunner to go down your throat.
No, I wouldn't have listed that if I didn't nor I am going to bother since I am the at the end of my "rope" w/e... As for gunner, chances that they would want to hunt me down would be high. Chances of succeeding would be low because they would have to get past my teammates, PS5, blah blah.

El Hermoso Instincts!
21-04-2012, 06:07 AM | Post: #131
Diggidy 
regardless of how frequent instakills happen, if the object of the developers is to remove this possibility then it should be applied across all weapons and classes equally.

[Image: 12]
21-04-2012, 06:27 AM | Post: #132
Paul1858 
(20-04-2012 10:20 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  Its not that the nerf wasnt "needed", the problem is that instead of balancing the other classes they are hitting on the already hardest class to play.

this guy is just saying all the right things, the bs nerf wasnt needed. instead, nerf the gunner class or nerf bs and the gunner and the mando to make it fair

[Image: 6]
21-04-2012, 06:29 AM | Post: #133
=ZacharyLK= 
NEEERRFFFF ITTTT Its WAAY Over powered! not only that attack but *gettin old by now* The Super Cheeser Nerf it!!
21-04-2012, 07:58 AM | Post: #134
Lightingbird 
I'm in the middle of the road on this one.

I don't like getting one shot or fighting a soldier that is constantly spamming it. Even worse when the idiot thinks mashing one key BSing everything is skill. But on the other side, its the end of the world.

[Image: x3i8bb.jpg]
21-04-2012, 11:05 AM | Post: #135
Notyou 

Can you show me a video of one single TT killing a full HP (100%) mando/soldier/gunner? Cause I don't think that ever happened. Maybe if he put 2-3 TT's or if the hero was at 50-70% of his health, then maybe if he's unlucky he'll be instakilled.
Oh, don't forget, for a TT insta-kill you must actually get the enemy to run under it..
And don't you dare to compare the RPG kills to BS kills, RPG requires aim and concentration while BS requires you to put a finger on a button.

E: Just realized Wuuster said the same thing -.-

Anyway, I don't want to discuss this any further with this guy who clearly lacks the experience, not only with other classes but also with soldier, surprisingly cause he has a lvl 30 one.
I'd wanna know where do you play though, EU?

21-04-2012, 11:13 AM | Post: #136
dajurgen 
(20-04-2012 09:08 PM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 04:42 PM)dajurgen Wrote:  -adjust BB so it doesn't promote camping
[Image: tumblr_lenxybNu9H1qdruxt.gif]
while your at it , remove the esc button from 2DayULive's keyboard plz, its getting abused Wink

(20-04-2012 10:20 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  they are hitting on the already hardest class to play.
i lol'd

(20-04-2012 10:23 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  I think it's a necessary adjustment; 1-hit kills are just stupidly unfair.

However, it's also equally unfair for them to just tweak BS, when there are PLENTY of other things to fix as well.
i agree

Dead game (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 11:17 AM by dajurgen.)
21-04-2012, 11:21 AM | Post: #137
HATE Go to next important person...
Howdy Smile

Nice work Drew you have pretty much everything figured out.

The way the change works is this: If a victim is at or above 75% of his total health then he can not die from BStrike.

The '2.5' that was confusing you is a duration that you are protected from dying from Bstrike. This is so that no matter how many hit you you should survive it....as long as you have at least 75% of your HP. Smile

Hopefully this will help pull in the one incorrect part of Bstrike so that we can look at how to give it a little more power VS vehicles or other target types.

Oh and on the Gspam bit; Grenade spam definitely needs love. Part of it is to review the damage curve and general explosion area coverage....how wide an area it hurts. Smile The other part is to look at IEG and choose the best option for how these two abilities interact.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?" (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 11:23 AM by HATE.)
21-04-2012, 11:38 AM | Post: #138
dajurgen 
(21-04-2012 11:21 AM)HATE Wrote:  The '2.5' that was confusing you is a duration that you are protected from dying from Bstrike. This is so that no matter how many hit you you should survive it....as long as you have at least 75% of your HP. Smile

so in theory if 8 soldiers BS 1 commando with 61 hp against a wall, he should survive it ?

ossum Smile

Dead game
21-04-2012, 11:51 AM | Post: #139
Notyou 
@HATE - This means you are planning to re-balance many other things as well, right?

21-04-2012, 12:13 PM | Post: #140
-Scheetje! 
Thx Hate, you made this BS thingy more understandable for most of us Smile