Hello There, Guest!

19-04-2012, 10:52 PM | Post: #61
Zwegaphant 
(19-04-2012 10:40 PM)Drew Wrote:  Gunners aren't much stronger than soldiers and this BS nerf hasn't changed anything.

All it did was remove a rare and very cheap 1 hit kill.

#1 Gunners can run fast
#2 Gunners can get on Buildings if their LegIt is on cooldown
#3 Gunners got the strongest explosives -> cant shoot other high and deal alot of dmg with it
#4 Gunners got the most HP
#5 Gunners can heal themselves with FF better than a soldier
#6 They also got an explosive ability which is really strong
#7 They got a shield which gives 30HP even on lvl 1
#8 They can suck up explosives and gain HP that way

I guess I dont have to say anymore than that....I mean sure Soldiers also got nice abilitys but the gunners abilitys are the most useful InGame.

I mean not that im QQing about gunners but I like to point out facts and let people then decide themselves if that class is rly OP Wink
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 10:56 PM by Zwegaphant.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2012, 10:54 PM | Post: #62
Jolly_Jonny 
(16-02-2012 06:14 PM)Jolly_Jonny Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 06:07 PM)HATE Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 06:04 PM)Jolly_Jonny Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 01:48 PM)HATE Wrote:  Tin Foil Hat brigade out in force today Smile

Whats that? Did you say a Blasting Strike nerf was on the way?

Hrm....you got me on that one. I need to double check to see why that fix missed it's release

No need, I'll tell you. You're waiting till we get a low G map and players see Heroes Blasted a mile away before the change is made. Angel

Never saw it coming. Angel

Find all posts by this user
19-04-2012, 11:03 PM | Post: #63
Fearless-Death 
This thread is full of people who don't know ANYTHING about the nerf.. fail thread is fail.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining what Drew already explained, no one is reading anything :/

[Image: UQ7iX.png]

One PM, to rule them all

19-04-2012, 11:15 PM | Post: #64
orpheus###### 
Now all they need to do is nerf FF,BB PS and maybe keg then all my balance issues will be sorted for the mean time.
19-04-2012, 11:23 PM | Post: #65
Drew 
#1 Free heal every 12 seconds
#2 Free 'Radar hack'
#3 'Get the duck away from me' ability, range being the gunner's weakest asset.
#4 1 BB bullet -> 36 + damage of the bullet (potentially up to 50 damage in total)
#5 All SMGs are more accurate then all gunner weapons apart from the zooka's.
#6 LRP is devastatingly accurate - Gunner has no long range weapon.
#7 Single Nade > Keg
We can list why each class is powerful, but doing so won't make any difference.
(Though the free map hack soldiers get is more powerful then any other ability in this game)

If you want some "evidence", just look at the leaderboards, filled with soldiers, can't be that weak can they Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 11:24 PM by Drew.)
19-04-2012, 11:37 PM | Post: #66
SN0CONE 
Hmm. Lets do mandos now!
#1 Knife that does incredible damage from close range.
#2 Sniper Rifle that does incredible damage from far range.
#3 Stealth can escape the greatest of foes.
#4 Elixer. It's a shield + speed boost at the same time.
#5 Troop Traps are free landmines which can be used in various tactics.
#6 Fastest Runner.
#8 Stealth. You know what I mean.

BTW Burning Bullets isn't that effective. It hardly ever does the full 35 + damage if you use
a heal from a teammate.

But Blasting Strike? Eh I'm ok with the nerf. Hardly notice it for the free kills.
The blasting strike was the soldier's kegzooka and the mando's piercing headshot.
Blasting Strike was more of the damage + give time to recover ability anyways.
The instakills were like a random treat you would get RARELY.

But eh. We got our stuff still. So yea...

Also on those guys who bash on 6th Sense.
It reveals where the soldier is really easily. So not that helpful.

[Image: o033g5.jpg]
Sign up for War & Diplomacy! The Role-Play/Forum Game Exclusive to the Battlefield Heroes Forums! Sign-Up Phase ends Sept. 5!
19-04-2012, 11:44 PM | Post: #67
Sedusa 
Long waited nerf, I'm glad 1-hit kill possibility is removed even though I like playing the soldier most. It was just ridiculous, sure this won't change the soldier gameplay dramatically?

20-04-2012, 12:04 AM | Post: #68
Fearless-Death 
(19-04-2012 11:44 PM)Sedusa Wrote:  Long waited nerf, I'm glad 1-hit kill possibility is removed even though I like playing the soldier most. It was just ridiculous, sure this won't change the soldier gameplay dramatically?

not at all.. a few bullets more either before, or after BS can kill enemy.

[Image: UQ7iX.png]

One PM, to rule them all

20-04-2012, 02:34 AM | Post: #69
Serban25 
(19-04-2012 05:30 PM)Blackwyn Wrote:  It's OP and ridiculous. But not as OP and ridiculous as the whole Gunner class currently is.

[Image: 34zk4zl.png]
20-04-2012, 04:29 AM | Post: #70
2DayULive 
(19-04-2012 11:23 PM)Drew Wrote:  #1 Free heal every 12 seconds
#2 Free 'Radar hack'
#3 'Get the duck away from me' ability, range being the gunner's weakest asset.
#4 1 BB bullet -> 36 + damage of the bullet (potentially up to 50 damage in total)
#5 All SMGs are more accurate then all gunner weapons apart from the zooka's.
#6 LRP is devastatingly accurate - Gunner has no long range weapon.
#7 Single Nade > Keg
We can list why each class is powerful, but doing so won't make any difference.
(Though the free map hack soldiers get is more powerful then any other ability in this game)

If you want some "evidence", just look at the leaderboards, filled with soldiers, can't be that weak can they Rolleyes
1) You wont even get to use it once a gunner is at you.
2) Radar hack? Who needs that in TPS? You can hide behind a wall and move to mouse to be able to see. Doesn't even see mando blah blah.
3) Can easily be countered.,
4)BB is being taken seriously? please.
5) Accuracy over dmg speed. Not to count FF. Please drew, just shut up. Hearing you speak of soldier amazes me.
6) don't even have to list. LRP is only affective with soldier aiming at "busy gunners".
7) Single nade>keg? PLEASE, be more specific. The dmg of single nade > keg. Keg has a widger range blast, gunners can eat nade, = 1/10+ health OMG enough said. How about you spend some time in the game instead of forums.

(19-04-2012 10:24 PM)Drew Wrote:  The nerf is fine. BS still works and is still powerful, it just doesn't 1 hit kill from full health any more. If you think that being able to do that is balanced, then there is no point in even trying to have a discussion about balance with you, as you clearly know nothing about the subject.
As if you could know any better^ There is no point in having a discussion with you about this actually.
To sum it up.

2 BS FTW.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
20-04-2012, 04:34 AM | Post: #71
Adrenaline895 
I don't think the gunner is OP, I just think the other classes need a buff

The soldier needs a way to deal damage quicker, and the commando needs a way to heal himself because all other classes currently have a way to do that

20-04-2012, 04:35 AM | Post: #72
2DayULive 
Man, look at mando and gunner abilities. They put a tear in my eyes. Magnificent abilities! The only thing I find cool about being a soldier is to use assault rifles that are considered sub machine guns(SMG are lame). M16 is one of my old timers weapons since the dawn of COD, GTA, and many games that have firearms.

El Hermoso Instincts!
20-04-2012, 04:45 AM | Post: #73
2DayULive 
(20-04-2012 04:34 AM)Adrenaline895 Wrote:  I don't think the gunner is OP, I just think the other classes need a buff

The soldier needs a way to deal damage quicker, and the commando needs a way to heal himself because all other classes currently have a way to do that
Bandais/tonics. Stealth gives an advantage of healing to this class. The opposite is being done here. Instead of aiding classes, especially soldiers who don't last long in the battle field and are sitting ducks when svd/fast rifle comes in contact. I am losing my patience here... No such thing as balancing being done here. 3, 2, 1 and now... 4, 2, 0. What do these numbers symbolize? Instead of taking from 3 to give 1 to 1, 1 is being taken and given to 3. Making it, 4, 2, 0 instead of, 2, 2, 2. About the leaderboard(whoever mention this), it is inaccurate. Leaderboard players/classes are determine by playing time/etc... Using those stats to aid a class to being good is inaccurate since it is based by people AND because it is based on people, the answer will always VARY. In short, leaderboard stats are based on PLAYERS/PEOPLE, not CLASSES.

El Hermoso Instincts!
20-04-2012, 05:35 AM | Post: #74
SweetName 
(19-04-2012 11:03 PM)Fearless-Death Wrote:  This thread is full of people who don't know ANYTHING about the nerf.. fail thread is fail.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining what Drew already explained, no one is reading anything :/

^This^

Does BS still give the same distance it always did? Yes.
Does BS still do massive damage if you impact someone against a wall? Yes.
Does BS have the POTENTIAL to kill a person with 100% health? No.

If a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to create distance from themselves....
Then the change has no effect on them.

If a Person playing soldier RELIED on BS to cause damage to their enemies when bashed into walls...
Then the change has no effect on them.

IF a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to kill people at full health...
Then you really weren't good at the game to begin with... and should learn to play before talking about balance.

PS. And sync blasts still add the BLAST of the combined BS... but not the damage.

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 05:39 AM by SweetName.)
20-04-2012, 05:58 AM | Post: #75
Vakero69 
I really don't care about this nerf, I rarely insta-killed ppl. The only problem I see with the nerf is that more ppl (cuz they dont know anything about the nerf) will spend their HP in BB and camp with it. Wish they nerfed the bbs too Undecided

--(\__/)
--(ಠ_ಠ)
"Don't dare to touch me!!"
€(ط(")(") (This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 05:59 AM by Vakero69.)
20-04-2012, 06:01 AM | Post: #76
orpheus###### 
I think the nerf is fine, since I actually used Bs for what it was intended. And its not like soldiers underpowered anyway, its just gunner and sniper that needs a nerf now.
20-04-2012, 06:40 AM | Post: #77
^iBangZ^ 
Gunner > Soldier now.

[Image: Uf00W8Y.png]
20-04-2012, 06:43 AM | Post: #78
Diggidy 
I don't think the nerf is a big deal, but what is perplexing is that the focus was on limiting soldiers when other classes are way more overpowered.

Mandos, specifically snipers, just get in the way of a good fight. I'm not sure how to balance the class but materializing out of thin air and landing two shots on a distracted opponent while he tangles with one of your teammates is not really good for the game... hence mando limits on servers. Wouldn't it be amazing if the class was balanced in a way where nobody cared to limit them?

Gunners... it's all been said before. The keg has a blast radius you can drive a truck through and their abilities are all amazing. So they can't shoot across the map and kill someone on top of a mountain. That's about the only thing the class *can't* do. They are the fastest and strongest with the most firepower and ammo. When they are spamming widgets it's a bit silly.

Ahhh, what a great game to inspire so much passion.

[Image: 12]
20-04-2012, 06:51 AM | Post: #79
Diggidy 
Quote:#7 Single Nade > Keg

I don't know you and you seem like a smart guy, but you lose a lot of credibility if you honestly believe this to be true.

[Image: 12]
20-04-2012, 10:17 AM | Post: #80
h3r0s 
(19-04-2012 05:32 PM)Captian_kotov3 Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 05:32 PM)SilencedSnipe Wrote:  No, dont nerf it or 1v1 vs gunner is going to be unfair.

use tonics

Fking r-tard.

[Image: upload.png]