Hello There, Guest!

22-04-2012, 09:17 PM | Post: #241
Notyou 
Watch out guys, the badass has done a research. Rolleyes

Anyway, no sense in discussing this further. The BS was fixed which is great for game balance.
The only problem is that soldier became a bit UP now. Actually, let me rephrase that.
Soldier was always UP ability wise but had some really strong abilities (CM and BS) and probably the best weapon setup in this game: Grenade, SR SMG and LR Pistol which covered the weak parts of this class and at some points actually made it the strongest class, no wonder soldier is the most used class.

Now with the BS fix, people instantly believe the soldier is weaker and even though this fix didn't change much, people were always aware of the fact that soldier has the weakest ability roster.
So all this complaining is for a good reason but not needed cause the development team is already working on other fixes that would balance the differences between classes.
All we can do is suggest ideas and hope that they will work fast and productive.

Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 09:52 PM | Post: #242
Zwegaphant 
I totally agree.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 10:18 PM | Post: #243
Pitkins 
Not insta-killing BS = good news
"GS needs more love", well, can I haz back the good old CB GS plox??? Just to replace insta-kill BS with insta-multi-kill GS... Angel

Seriously, this nerf/fix was needed. To blast someone far away and damage him for up to 75% hitpoints by 1 simple click is good & powerful enough....

[Image: tumblr_lyi9dqXDg61r56nkho1_500.gif]

I'm a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative

(This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 10:19 PM by Pitkins.)
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 10:25 PM | Post: #244
Deepwave 
^ Some posts here make me vomit

Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 10:32 PM | Post: #245
2DayULive 
(22-04-2012 09:17 PM)Notyou Wrote:  Anyway, no sense in discussing this further. The BS was fixed which is great for game balance.
No one have told me how nerfing a skill that rarely does instant kills is balanced and how the change was equivalent. Was this an Aprils fools joke? Because I didn't found it funny, especially while other classes still have instant kills. I envy those classes...

Quote:So all this complaining is for a good reason but not needed cause the development team is already working on other fixes that would balance the differences between classes.
All we can do is suggest ideas and hope that they will work fast and productive.
I doubt it. I mean, nerfing an ability that didn't make much impact and failing to make equivalent changes makes me believe that this so called "balance" is just going to be a pity(a regret to put it precise).

Does anybody have cookies? I love cookies. They make me feel great and in high spirit! hmmm.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 10:38 PM | Post: #246
Pitkins 
(22-04-2012 10:25 PM)Deepwave Wrote:  ^ Some posts here make me vomit

[Image: landsmann77237.jpg]


enjoy!

[Image: tumblr_lyi9dqXDg61r56nkho1_500.gif]

I'm a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative

Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 10:50 PM | Post: #247
The_WUUSTER 
2DayULive:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but if the insta-kills supposedly happen very rarely, then why are you so concerned about it? And it's not like it's too big a problem; you can still insta-kill targets with less than 75% of their health (which can be accomplished by a couple of bullets).

(22-04-2012 10:25 PM)Deepwave Wrote:  ^ Some posts here make me vomit

Umad?

Looks like Deepwave and buddy 2DayULive are butthurt over a necessary balance (although 2DayULive was butthurt since the PP nerf).


(22-04-2012 01:29 PM)Deepwave Wrote:  ^ I said that people leave the game before and now there are many others that are doing the same thing.

(20-04-2012 05:35 AM)SweetName Wrote:  IF a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to kill people at full health...
Then you really weren't good at the game to begin with... and should learn to play before talking about balance.
We are not talking about this, but if you want an answer then, think about people who play gunner, what happens if they didn't have the Leg It ability? ... is the same thing

Terrible comparison. We're fixing BS, not removing it.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 10:57 PM by The_WUUSTER.)
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 11:12 PM | Post: #248
Notyou 
(22-04-2012 10:32 PM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 09:17 PM)Notyou Wrote:  Anyway, no sense in discussing this further. The BS was fixed which is great for game balance.
No one have told me how nerfing a skill that rarely does instant kills is balanced and how the change was equivalent. Was this an Aprils fools joke? Because I didn't found it funny, especially while other classes still have instant kills. I envy those classes...
Quote:So all this complaining is for a good reason but not needed cause the development team is already working on other fixes that would balance the differences between classes.
All we can do is suggest ideas and hope that they will work fast and productive.
I doubt it. I mean, nerfing an ability that didn't make much impact and failing to make equivalent changes makes me believe that this so called "balance" is just going to be a pity(a regret to put it precise).

Does anybody have cookies? I love cookies. They make me feel great and in high spirit! hmmm.

Seriously, you suck at discussing things.

Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 11:13 PM | Post: #249
The_WUUSTER 
(22-04-2012 11:12 PM)Notyou Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 10:32 PM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 09:17 PM)Notyou Wrote:  Anyway, no sense in discussing this further. The BS was fixed which is great for game balance.
No one have told me how nerfing a skill that rarely does instant kills is balanced and how the change was equivalent. Was this an Aprils fools joke? Because I didn't found it funny, especially while other classes still have instant kills. I envy those classes...
Quote:So all this complaining is for a good reason but not needed cause the development team is already working on other fixes that would balance the differences between classes.
All we can do is suggest ideas and hope that they will work fast and productive.
I doubt it. I mean, nerfing an ability that didn't make much impact and failing to make equivalent changes makes me believe that this so called "balance" is just going to be a pity(a regret to put it precise).

Does anybody have cookies? I love cookies. They make me feel great and in high spirit! hmmm.

Seriously, you suck at discussing things.

It's like arguing with a stone wall. If he pisses you off, just leave him be.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 11:16 PM | Post: #250
~NiNa~ 
Whoops..got on my GF's acc for TEH CLAW Tongue

[Image: sgirlz.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 11:17 PM by ~NiNa~.)
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 11:18 PM | Post: #251
Notyou 
Anyway, I won't even bother anymore.
Things have been said multiple times already so this really feels like running in circles and I've always been a sprint kind of guy. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 11:27 PM | Post: #252
orpheus###### 
I mean dealing 75% damage of someone's health is still a humongous portion. If you think that that's not enough then you are brain dead.
If you can't win a 1v1 with only 25% of your opponents health left and the majority of yours left then something is wrong with you, and perhaps you might want to adjust your aim or weapons or leave this game, but I suppose its the same people complaining every time something happens as though the soldier has been nerfed to oblivion when in reality, its still perfectly fine.
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 12:13 AM | Post: #253
Kartoffelmos 
(22-04-2012 10:32 PM)2DayULive Wrote:  No one have told me how nerfing a skill that rarely does instant kills is balanced and how the change was equivalent. Was this an Aprils fools joke? Because I didn't found it funny, especially while other classes still have instant kills. I envy those classes...

If it rarely does instant kills, no one will really miss it, no?

So, I will repeat myself: what exactly is the problem?
That they're "fixing" one class before the others?
That they're actually doing something for balance?
That they care about the player experience?
Please, enlighten me.

Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 03:37 AM | Post: #254
2DayULive 
(22-04-2012 11:13 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 11:12 PM)Notyou Wrote:  Seriously, you suck at discussing things.

It's like arguing with a stone wall. If he pisses you off, just leave him be.
Rolleyes I am bad at discussing yet... Neither of you were able to produce anything good. At least notyou listed reasons(unlike teh ower guy) but false reasons based on assumptions isn't good and could mislead. I'd throw sum insults too! But I am a little shy at the moment. Shy

*Geez, you guys are sooooooo emotional.*

(22-04-2012 11:27 PM)orpheus###### Wrote:  I mean dealing 75% damage of someone's health is still a humongous portion. If you think that that's not enough then you are brain dead.
If you can't win a 1v1 with only 25% of your opponents health left and the majority of yours left then something is wrong with you, and perhaps you might want to adjust your aim or weapons or leave this game, but I suppose its the same people complaining every time something happens as though the soldier has been nerfed to oblivion when in reality, its still perfectly fine.
y u no list chances of dealing 75% dmg? I don't have to tell you how this would most likely work with a gunner... right? *Cough FF+HS cough* <---- advantages/chances of surviving. Soldiers might have a good shot vs a gunner with 25% of HP but that's not too much to look forward considering they have FF, HS, KEG(turns the battle around ez), and lets not forget legit. Unless, of course, you are listing the best case scenario. Then... sure pal! A soldier gets a lucky 75 DMG and takes down a gunner with the remaining 25% hp and the more that will come. Amazing.

(23-04-2012 12:13 AM)Kartoffelmos Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 10:32 PM)2DayULive Wrote:  No one have told me how nerfing a skill that rarely does instant kills is balanced and how the change was equivalent. Was this an Aprils fools joke? Because I didn't found it funny, especially while other classes still have instant kills. I envy those classes...

If it rarely does instant kills, no one will really miss it, no?

So, I will repeat myself: what exactly is the problem?
That they're "fixing" one class before the others?
That they're actually doing something for balance?
That they care about the player experience?
Please, enlighten me.
...I miss it? I mean, why would I not miss having something useful replaced with more burdens. The part where you might be confuse is that you only see one problem out of this. Instead of going back a few pages, I'll just be lousy enough to answer teh ?.

"what ARE the problemS?"
"That they're "fixing" one class before the others?" This was a mistake.

"That they're actually doing something for balance?" Assuming this was actually done for the sake of balance, three years of consideration? This, a problem? Just too many to list. Assuming this was a three years "hot fix" w/e problem, then it was never done for balance in the first place. Need sources? go back a few pages.

"That they care about the player experience?" Assuming this wasn't done for hot fix, this doesn't apply. Assuming it is for players experience? Not much was thought of. Nothing was EQUIVALENT. Soldiers lost and gained nothing. They said, oh yeah, we'll save it for later on. Just give us a month while you guys get pwned. Please... Nothing was done in a way soldier and other classes would "agree" on. Etc... A lot of sources, just go back a few plages.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 03:40 AM by 2DayULive.)
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 03:54 AM | Post: #255
The_WUUSTER 
It's not that we don't come up with good ideas. We do, but you're too stupid/stubborn to acknowledge them.

To list the people that share the same viewpoint:

Karty
SweetName
Me
Drew
Notyou
Orpheus
(and more)

We've all been here a lot longer than you have.

Pretty much only you and Deepwave are moaning about the BS tweak.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 04:23 AM by The_WUUSTER.)
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 04:11 AM | Post: #256
2DayULive 
(23-04-2012 03:54 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  *unbelievable text*
wuuuut? RR U KIDDING? Have those countless of compliments meant nothing to you! I even 1+ and FB like your slow keg effect idea! Angry So please, you want to talk about being stubborn and stupid? Look at you guys(cold hearted bullies!) insulting! I have a... a... Heart!you know... Putting feelings aside, hmmm, I still have more cons than pros with this nerf/hotfix/whatever you want to call it. Because there is more cons, I will not be in favor(I may be stupid but not a simpleton! I think...). In fact, are there any pros for soldier about this change? Oh wait! I forgot about the up coming so called "buff"/improvement. Just don't expect me to back you up once you see the downfall of a gunners. Yet again, I doubt it since they appear to be off-track, very off track...

(23-04-2012 03:54 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Karty
SweetName
Me
Notyou
Orpheus
Instincts.
(and more)

We've all been here a lot longer than you have.

Pretty much only you and Deepwave are moaning about the BS tweak.
This goes by the majority! I'm in! Seriously.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 04:13 AM by 2DayULive.)
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 04:16 AM | Post: #257
Drew 
(23-04-2012 03:54 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  To list the people that share the same viewpoint:
Karty
SweetName
Me
Notyou
Orpheus
Drew
(and more)

Just had to add my name to that ^^

Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 04:17 AM | Post: #258
The_WUUSTER 
(23-04-2012 04:11 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 03:54 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  *unbelievable text*
wuuuut? RR U KIDDING? Have those countless of compliments meant nothing to you! I even 1+ and FB like your slow keg effect idea! Angry So please, you want to talk about being stubborn and stupid? Look at you guys(cold hearted bullies!) insulting! I have a... a... Heart!you know... Putting feelings aside, hmmm, I still have more cons than pros with this nerf/hotfix/whatever you want to call it. Because there is more cons, I will not be in favor(I may be stupid but not a simpleton! I think...). In fact, are there any pros for soldier about this change? Oh wait! I forgot about the up coming so called "buff"/improvement. Just don't expect me to back you up once you see the downfall of a gunners. Yet again, I doubt it since they appear to be off-track, very off track...

(23-04-2012 03:54 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Karty
SweetName
Me
Notyou
Orpheus
Instincts.
(and more)

We've all been here a lot longer than you have.

Pretty much only you and Deepwave are moaning about the BS tweak.
This goes by the majority! I'm in! Seriously.

Your compliments don't make up for your sheer stupidity, I'm sorry.

And sorry Drew :3

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 04:43 AM | Post: #259
orpheus###### 
(23-04-2012 03:37 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 11:27 PM)orpheus###### Wrote:  I mean dealing 75% damage of someone's health is still a humongous portion. If you think that that's not enough then you are brain dead.
If you can't win a 1v1 with only 25% of your opponents health left and the majority of yours left then something is wrong with you, and perhaps you might want to adjust your aim or weapons or leave this game, but I suppose its the same people complaining every time something happens as though the soldier has been nerfed to oblivion when in reality, its still perfectly fine.
y u no list chances of dealing 75% dmg? I don't have to tell you how this would most likely work with a gunner... right? *Cough FF+HS cough* <---- advantages/chances of surviving. Soldiers might have a good shot vs a gunner with 25% of HP but that's not too much to look forward considering they have FF, HS, KEG(turns the battle around ez), and lets not forget legit. Unless, of course, you are listing the best case scenario. Then... sure pal! A soldier gets a lucky 75 DMG and takes down a gunner with the remaining 25% hp and the more that will come. Amazing.

Well maybe you could use other things to your advantage like combat medicine,the map's terrain (walls etc.) etc., its not like Bs, FF, HS, keg, leg it.Are the only things that affect the tide of a battle now are they? I mean soldiers do have other abilities for a reason now don't they?(Yes BB and Nade spam are easy to counter but not everybody can or does) And if all else fails endless widget spam makes everybody rage.
And yes Obviously there is no certainty that you are going to deal 75% damage, but then again it probably will be the same chance as dealing 75% before the nerf, so in reality your tactics should not have been affected with respect to killing gunners before and after the nerf, unless you are a clan war player, a pub stomper or some strange loner that relies on BS instakills for some reason.

Bs probably wasn't the first first thing that needed to be nerfed cough*frenzy fire, piercing shot* cough, but it certainly was needed to restore some balance.
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 05:00 AM | Post: #260
2DayULive 
(23-04-2012 04:17 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Your compliments don't make up for your sheer stupidity, I'm sorry.
Of course not! That's not what it was intended for, Thou burly boned beetled headed hugger mugger blatant!

(23-04-2012 04:43 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  Well maybe you could use other things to your advantage like combat medicine,the map's terrain (walls etc.) etc., its not like Bs, FF, HS, keg, leg it.Are the only things that affect the tide of a battle now are they? I mean soldiers do have other abilities for a reason now don't they?(Yes BB and Nade spam are easy to counter but not everybody can or does) And if all else fails endless widget spam makes everybody rage.
And yes Obviously there is no certainty that you are going to deal 75% damage, but then again it probably will be the same chance as dealing 75% before the nerf, so in reality your tactics should not have been affected with respect to killing gunners before and after the nerf, unless you are a clan war player, a pub stomper or some strange loner that relies on BS instakills for some reason.

Bs probably wasn't the first first thing that needed to be nerfed cough*frenzy fire, piercing shot* cough, but it certainly was needed to restore some balance.
I... I am mainly backing up soldiers because of what it offers to players(not good SKILLED PRO OMG UNSTOPPABLE PLAYERS). Just like the PP nerf, this BS nerf also benefits me. It cuts down the amount of efforts I have to do to avoid the skill, it will take a lot more efforts to kill me instead of a simple press of a button(bad for the "below-average" soldiers), etc... Clearly, BB and GS are out of the question. Which is not good how these abilities can be look down upon.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
Find all posts by this user




Forum Jump:



X
Add this person to your friends list
Remove this person from your friends list
/en/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/en/ajax/friend