Hello There, Guest!

17-04-2012, 04:54 PM | Post: #1
Treeby 
[Image: sem8nt.png]
Alright first of all I would just like to say I have next to zero experience with running clans, but that isn't what I'm making a guide about is it? No, this is a guide on how to make a successful and professional looking clan thread that will get more and better players trying to join your clan. So while lacking in the clan department I have quite a understanding for design/advertisement which is basically what your doing when posting a clan thread your advertising your clan to get people to join. Alright so I created two "mock" clan threads one that is set up well and the other not as well. The two fake clans are... Team Alien and Pro Pickle Gamers. Here is Team Alien's thread:

Quote:

Team Alien is a elite Battlefield Heroes clan that is only made up of nationals. We are looking to recruit talented players that will help make Team Alien a great clan.
- A website
- Clanwars and Funwars
- Free signatures and posters of our clan
- Sever
-TeamSpeak Server
(Links Below)
- You need to live in the USA
- You need to be available on weekends for clanwars
- Active player
Link to Website-
Are you available on weekends:
Are you an active player:
Can you speak good English:

Soldier:MP14Elite
Soldier:4reyoud34d
Soldier:Devilcry34
Commando:Rakwan

-Once your accepted I will add you to the group-

And here is the Pro Pickle Gamers:

Quote:
Pro Pickle Gamers
Hi I needz people to join my clan. We don't really of any rules so just go to our group and I will maybee except you maybe we will have a clanwar Big Grin
Thanks
Pro Pickle Gamers Leader N00byfrogzz23124

Now do you see the difference? Its pretty blatant how different they are. While Team Alien has a professional thread with a logo, correct spelling and understandable, and it tells you what you need to be to join and what you get for joining. While the Pro Pickle Gamers thread is short poorly spelled hard to understand and just not appealing. Now that you see the difference let me give you some necessary features for any Clan Thread.

[Image: e0mte9.png]

1. I can't stress this enough, This:
[Image: rjp25u.png]

Is NOT a logo!!! Go to a sig shop and get a logo even paying a little bit and getting a logo is better then doing something like the above I would actually say between the above and none I would go with no logo any day!

2. Spell correctly! Bad spelling is a immediate turn off for people so take the time and make sure you have every thing spelled correctly and it makes sense. I am a horrible speller and it hurts your thread whenever things are spelled incorrectly...

3. Show the pros of joining your clan! Showing the reasons why people should join is a must to many times I don't see that on a clan thread and I know it is hurting their recruiting...

4. Make requirements! Without requirements things will fall apart! You should make sure you stress being mature, speak the language you speak, and are able to play when the rest of your clan can.

5. Keep it clean and simple! A complex and "busy"(for the lack of a better word) looking thread is confusing and hard to understand, that's also why I prefer websites to Enjinn just based on the way it is set up.

SUBJECT HEADERS
I would like to take the time to quote Extremous on the posting of subject headers:
Quote:Clans Recruiting:

Mandatory Minimum:
[Recruiting] Clan Name

Optional addition:
"Open/Closed" - "Languages" - "Updated 00/00/00" - "Royal/National/Mix"
This is how you should edit your clan thread headers to look like Wink you can follow up on the other ways to post a header for different events here

CLAN THREAD GUIDELINES
Above was how to edit a header to be informative and keep it from getting locked here are some overall rules from the guidelines section that really apply to a clan thread:
Quote:Some examples of links you shouldn't be posting:
Links that make your browser crash, or otherwise act strange.
Rickrolls, please don't post them here.
Links to other harmful content such as Trojans and/or Viruses.
Links to Phishing sites.
No screamers.

Be friendly
These forums are for everyone, so treat others as you would have them treat you. Be a decent human being and show respect to your fellow player. Please consider that for many players, English is a second language. Also consider that all players do not have your wisdom, game skill or general understanding of the game.

Vulgar Language and Swearing, is not allowed. Swearing, even in Abbreviation or phonetically, in an attempt to bypass the swear filter, is not allowed. You can make your point just as easy, without such language.

Post in English
We're a multi-cultural and multi-lingual bunch here on the forums, let's all try and speak the same language so everyone can participate. Please be considerate to those who have difficulties with English.

No flaming
Other people will have different opinions than yours, that's their right. Don't flame someone for disagreeing with you. In turn, don’t post topics that will incite flaming, be thoughtful in your choice of words when composing your topic.

Don't Spam
Continuing the spam specific guideline: Everyone likes to be able to read forums without going blind. Please refrain from posting spam, or other "nonsense" which serves no purpose. This includes "Cool story bro", "lolumad?" images and click to grow pets and other such websites, ascii drawings and Sub/superscript, excessive or unneeded use of upper case letters, posting "First" and "Second" solely to show that you are one of the first to comment, seizure inducing animate gifs, excessively gory or violent images, this includes, but is not limited to meaningless or unproductive posts or replies (see Flaming).
Hopefully this guide helped Angel and here is a few links to some clan threads that are set up well:
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/nl/foru...tid=149965
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=281305
http://static.battlefieldheroes.com/nl/f...tid=229090
http://cdn.battlefieldheroes.com/de/foru...tid=251399
There are many more but these were just the four I could find the fastest.

Also before you start a clan you should check out these tutorials:
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=176867
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=160735

Quote:
Helpful Comments From Players
A clan thread has to be a little personal, or atleast have a personal touch! When all threads start to look like this, it would be boring to read it and take the plunge of joining!
Darth-opa
Basically Darth is saying you should still make your threads unique and give it some of your personality so it is special.

when I created a clan thread, I searched well-known clans to get a gist of what should be included in my guide. In my personal experience, I don't think you need to show off all the 'good' players in your clan or even place the 'current member's list' on the thread. It just seems unneccesary in my opinion, just put some information on how they can contact the leader i.e. just place the leader's contact info instead of the members' list.
Bluekillerninja
(My Updated And New Sections will have nice headers soon Wink )

[Image: ipoc5c.png]

(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 09:23 PM by Treeby.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 05:00 PM | Post: #2
FireStar09 
Nice Guide.

NYaN CaT waS heR3ROLF

(17-12-2011 02:03 PM)xifajku94 Wrote:  Hi I bought a new hero. It cost me 140 bf. Thats all ok. But where IS my new hero then? I cant find it.
Thanks.

^ LOL'D

http://i43.tinypic.com/bv88h.gif
17-04-2012, 05:03 PM | Post: #3
natslayer 
this could come in handy Smile
but didn't a thread like this already excist? Huh nice guide anyways Wink

[Image: nslogotext.png]
17-04-2012, 05:05 PM | Post: #4
Treeby 
(17-04-2012 05:03 PM)natslayer Wrote:  this could come in handy Smile
but didn't a thread like this already excist? Huh nice guide anyways Wink
I searched and couldn't find one Sleepy

17-04-2012, 05:12 PM | Post: #5
Darth-opa 
Very nice and such!
Only two things to mention:

1. You said the spelling (and things like that) of the first example were correct. Well, actually; They aren't...
(e.g. a elite clan, should be: an elite clan)

2. A clan thread has to be a little personal, or atleast have a personal touch! When all threads start to look like this, it would be boring to read it and take the plunge of joining!

I think there are some threads about this already, but you made a good point of view on this topic.
-Dont hate please, this is just some little critics I really felt like placing...-

~Appelboompje a.k.a. Darth-opa

[Image: firstversiondonetodarth.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 05:13 PM by Darth-opa.)
17-04-2012, 05:13 PM | Post: #6
Skillica 
Thanks, this will help me for a Clan Recruiting thread!

[Image: finalmsm.jpg]
|My YouTube | My Twitter | My Steam | SkillZ™ Gaming|
17-04-2012, 05:22 PM | Post: #7
Emokiller3000 
Nice thread, i think many will find this thread useful. ^^

17-04-2012, 05:28 PM | Post: #8
piai55 
Naic, but there is sooooo much namecalling here :O <3

[Image: 0piai209px.png]
17-04-2012, 05:28 PM | Post: #9
Treeby 
(17-04-2012 05:28 PM)piai55 Wrote:  Naic, but there is sooooo much namecalling here :O <3

How??? Huh

(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 05:29 PM by Treeby.)
17-04-2012, 05:35 PM | Post: #10
Mr-erik4boss 
Yes. I was in Blaze Gaming before it broke up.

Now I joined Perfect Gamers and have a lot more fun!

[Image: mrerik4bossv1.png]
17-04-2012, 05:53 PM | Post: #11
doef 
Nice I hope more people read this !
I think the recruitment topic shows that the clan is proffesional or not.
Those who only have one sentence are not going to have many members Smile

[Image: bfh_cjc__doef_by_mush647-d5mg5b6.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 05:54 PM by doef.)
17-04-2012, 05:54 PM | Post: #12
piai55 
(17-04-2012 05:28 PM)Treeby Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 05:28 PM)piai55 Wrote:  Naic, but there is sooooo much namecalling here :O <3

How??? Huh

All the clan names / Clan tags, you even quoted the whole fail thread a clan made (and you told us the name of the clan and his nooblike leader) Wink <3

(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 05:56 PM by piai55.)
17-04-2012, 08:41 PM | Post: #13
Treeby 
(17-04-2012 05:54 PM)piai55 Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 05:28 PM)Treeby Wrote:  

How??? Huh

All the clan names / Clan tags, you even quoted the whole fail thread a clan made (and you told us the name of the clan and his nooblike leader) Wink <3
I made up both clans and if you search the leader of the fake noob clan doesn't exist Sleepy

17-04-2012, 08:59 PM | Post: #14
piai55 
(17-04-2012 08:41 PM)Treeby Wrote:  I made up both clans and if you search the leader of the fake noob clan doesn't exist Sleepy

Didn't know that... well, seems like everythings ok then Wink <3

17-04-2012, 09:07 PM | Post: #15
Treeby 
(17-04-2012 08:59 PM)piai55 Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 08:41 PM)Treeby Wrote:  I made up both clans and if you search the leader of the fake noob clan doesn't exist Sleepy

Didn't know that... well, seems like everythings ok then Wink <3
Big Grin Its okay I understand how you got confused i will bold the part where I say the clans are fake Wink

17-04-2012, 09:22 PM | Post: #16
NL-Biggar 
(17-04-2012 04:54 PM)Treeby Wrote:  While Team Alien has a professional thread with a logo, correct spelling and understandable, and it tells you what you need to be to join and what you get for joining.

I beg to differ. They haven't thought a very long time about the lay out and it lacks vital points such as a bookmark to their BFH server, the IP of a voicecom server and a link to their website. While this is mainly a problem in their clan set-up, it results in a bad example for a guide like this.

I recommend substituting the 'good' example with a topic of a renowned clan, such as SB, SMP, OG or ROD (links below). A clan that has its stuff taken care of, usually has a good topic as well.

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/nl/foru...tid=149965
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=281305
http://static.battlefieldheroes.com/nl/f...tid=229090
http://cdn.battlefieldheroes.com/de/foru...tid=251399

17-04-2012, 09:26 PM | Post: #17
Treeby 
Thanks Biggar I'm not going to use their threads as my main example namely because I don't want to advertise for a specific clan but I will add them in the links and redo the main clan thread so it looks better

17-04-2012, 10:36 PM | Post: #18
Happyghast 
(17-04-2012 04:54 PM)Treeby Wrote:  2. Spell correctly! Bad spelling is a immediate turn off for people so take the time and make sure you have every thing spelled correctly and it makes since.
*facepalm*

17-04-2012, 11:36 PM | Post: #19
Treeby 
(17-04-2012 10:36 PM)Happyghast Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 04:54 PM)Treeby Wrote:  2. Spell correctly! Bad spelling is a immediate turn off for people so take the time and make sure you have every thing spelled correctly and it makes since.
*facepalm*
Blush Oops! Angel
EDIT: Fix'ed thanks

18-04-2012, 04:56 PM | Post: #20
Treeby 
Moon Bump Big Grin