Hello There, Guest!

01-06-2012, 02:17 PM | Post: #241
Solid Snail 
(01-06-2012 02:15 PM)Celio Wrote:  He requires a skill level of "Gunz player" to anticipate others. Commando is a class that can be top killer, if the player has: good prediction, good aiming skills, proper use of abilities, and of course - having an escape plan.

Mark my words, that walking tank will son be able to run across the walls.

BRO DO YOU EVEN HAMMER?

I have a space in my name

Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM | Post: #242
Lightingbird 
(01-06-2012 10:13 AM)HATE Wrote:  Should I be worried that a med student likes to sneak around as a commando; back stabbing people and causing severe head trauma as a result of aggressive bullet placement?

And serious side question --> If we buffed and re-released throwing knives; should they only be available to mandos?

Yes they should only be available to mandos.

I play a knifing mando exclusively and it blows me away how anyone can think its easy mode. Especially when any person who has played the game more than once should realize the gunner was the easiest class made by design. Not only should the knives be exclusive but something should be put in place to stop gunners that speed off or to deal with the ease of someone mindlessly hitting blasting strike when you get in rage. I propose a ability that debuffs enemy abilities for a short period of time.

[Image: x3i8bb.jpg]
01-06-2012, 09:31 PM | Post: #243
s0zage 
(30-05-2012 10:10 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Good post.
I broke it down to respond.

(29-05-2012 07:53 PM)s0zage Wrote:  @sweetname's latest post [I dont feel like quoting.]

I always use my knife as an opener but it pisses me off that even if I hit those 'perfect' stabs my chances of winning are still just 60-70% now this may be caused by my pistol aim since it isn't really good.

Well... what percentage of the time do you think you should win?

I think it should be 90% to 100% when I got 2 stabs that dealth about 60 damage each but instead...It gets a lot less when I also lose a giant chuck of my health due to BS or when the gunner gets just out of kniving range where my LRP will be useless aswell and guns me down.

Anyways @ OP.
If you really want to play with only knives try using 2 normal knives and not the useless katana >.>
I played 2-3 hours with normal+super knife today and I got the highest score of my team 90% of the time, the times I didn't get the best score were on Lunar Landing and when I was 2nd or 3rd.

So yes...when a weapon [in this occasion the knife] seems useless what do you do?
You use the same weapon twice!

EDIT : Forgot to say that those 2-3 hours of gameplay were on level 20~ servers and I'm level 19 in case you start saying 'Oh no you were probally bashing.'
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 09:32 PM by s0zage.)
03-06-2012, 12:01 AM | Post: #244
Corparative
What do you mean ~20 level server? Could we get some names?

Because I'm sorry to break it to you, but you were noob bashing.

I'd also like some specific strategies that you use to counter a rocket+keg and level 5 blasting strike.
03-06-2012, 06:46 AM | Post: #245
traduz 
(01-06-2012 06:07 PM)Lightingbird Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 10:13 AM)HATE Wrote:  Should I be worried that a med student likes to sneak around as a commando; back stabbing people and causing severe head trauma as a result of aggressive bullet placement?

And serious side question --> If we buffed and re-released throwing knives; should they only be available to mandos?

Yes they should only be available to mandos.

I play a knifing mando exclusively and it blows me away how anyone can think its easy mode. Especially when any person who has played the game more than once should realize the gunner was the easiest class made by design. Not only should the knives be exclusive but something should be put in place to stop gunners that speed off or to deal with the ease of someone mindlessly hitting blasting strike when you get in rage. I propose a ability that debuffs enemy abilities for a short period of time.
Actually what you are saying makes perfect sense. Gunner can use eat grenades and break down a tank, soldier can use bs so he blast away the knife; Commando can... Commando can... Snipe. Dont think it's fair.
EAsy sent a shut up dog to reply here to make us think they are actually doing something.

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 06:52 AM by traduz.)
03-06-2012, 03:35 PM | Post: #246
Corparative

No by all means, make them available to gunners as well.

We dont need a throwing knife. What has to happen for you to understand this? We need a way to stab people with the current one.

Are you seriously tied up in the mentality that if it wont generate revenue, its not worth your time coding into the game?

Seriously? Do you really think such an attitude is a healthy business plan?
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM | Post: #247
s0zage 
(03-06-2012 12:01 AM)Corparative Wrote:  What do you mean ~20 level server? Could we get some names?

Because I'm sorry to break it to you, but you were noob bashing.

I'd also like some specific strategies that you use to counter a rocket+keg and level 5 blasting strike.

Ya know what, I'm not gonna bother with you anymore.
If you expect to run around with a katana and knife and do good...then you're just stupid.

Also I never really remember names of servers, I do remember that a guy named (-LEANDER-) or something was in there and someone else named Tokkul cause they were friendly Smile.

EDIT : to counter kegzooka and BS,
Well after BS I just MGL spammed and usually died same for kegzooka but the whole point of using double knife is that it becomes a lot easier to kill people before they can react.
For example you see a soldier coming to you, stab once with uber/super knife = 60-70 damage swap to other knife stab again = GG, With gunners you will have to do that again I geuss cause I didn't really bother to fight gunners if they had leg-it ready.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 10:49 PM by s0zage.)
03-06-2012, 11:31 PM | Post: #248
Corparative
See here's the problem, for some reason people have gotten into their minds that knives being second-class to ranged weapons is okay. Yes, I expect to be the top scorer in rooms with a knife. Yes, I expect to be able to kill any gunner regardless of his abilities or setup with a knife.

I guess we have a divergence of opinions if you dont think that should happen. And frankly, I dont even know how to respond to that sort of argument. Equality...is...good? Discrimination is bad? I'm not sure I'm equipped to handle such interesting claims. Other than to advise you to consider how you'd feel if someone began discriminating against you right now.

But that's probably beyond your scope or something.
04-06-2012, 12:59 AM | Post: #249
Blandish 
(01-06-2012 02:17 PM)Solid Snail Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 02:15 PM)Celio Wrote:  He requires a skill level of "Gunz player" to anticipate others. Commando is a class that can be top killer, if the player has: good prediction, good aiming skills, proper use of abilities, and of course - having an escape plan.

Mark my words, that walking tank will son be able to run across the walls.

I would love to see that Big Grin,on a side note - Knife do not require aim, making it an "easy" weapon...if you can actually manage to get close enough to use it, but stealth pretty much cover that part.

[Image: 4]
04-06-2012, 01:21 AM | Post: #250
WorldBosh 
(03-06-2012 11:31 PM)Corparative Wrote:  See here's the problem, for some reason people have gotten into their minds that knives being second-class to ranged weapons is okay. Yes, I expect to be the top scorer in rooms with a knife. Yes, I expect to be able to kill any gunner regardless of his abilities or setup with a knife.

I guess we have a divergence of opinions if you dont think that should happen. And frankly, I dont even know how to respond to that sort of argument. Equality...is...good? Discrimination is bad? I'm not sure I'm equipped to handle such interesting claims. Other than to advise you to consider how you'd feel if someone began discriminating against you right now.

But that's probably beyond your scope or something.

You expect to go into the no mans land versus a gunner and win outright? You expect to run without a single ranged weapon ( MGL doesn't really count ) and win? You expect to bring a knife to a gun game and win? Good lord man, get a grip. This ain't the medieval times, we've moved past holding the steel that pierces your flesh to launching it at our targets. You need to get your head out of your ass and open your eyes since knifing will never be better than it is now without a MAJOR overhaul because lets face it, the only skills keeping a knifer from dominating are BS and Leg It, and if any of those skills were to be changed majorly the game would be broken.

Oh and balancing a game like this isn't as easy as 1,2,3 so don't rage at the Devs >.>.

04-06-2012, 02:03 AM | Post: #251
Vedsad909 
(04-06-2012 01:21 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  Oh and balancing a game like this isn't as easy as 1,2,3 so don't rage at the Devs >.>.
Note:A lot of the blues are usually lazy,anyways.

Who tampered with my...bleh.
04-06-2012, 02:16 AM | Post: #252
WorldBosh 
(04-06-2012 02:03 AM)Vedsad909 Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 01:21 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  Oh and balancing a game like this isn't as easy as 1,2,3 so don't rage at the Devs >.>.

Says you. Try running a game as large as BFH and making balances that keep the everyone, or majority, of the community happy.

04-06-2012, 04:02 AM | Post: #253
Corparative
I'm not raging at the devs because they are failing to balance the game (several years running now, in fact) I'm raging because the posts that I do see is Hate asking if we want throwing knives. And some other lame dude posting like commandos need a cool weapon. And horse emotes being coded into the game.

This isn't a question of difficulty. All discussion of the matter has up to this point been ignored by the devs, with irrelevant posts being made in a thread discussing knife mandos. I do not know where this disgusting attitude of their is coming from, or if its a psychological issue, but at this point, there seems to be precious little I can do to get the point across. Sometimes, clearly, just posting on the forums isnt a clear enough communicatory channel, although I must admit that these supposedly adult moderators did disappoint me pretty heavily.

As for your strange attitude towards knives...well..its just very interesting. Like I really have to leave it at that. Very strange indeed.
04-06-2012, 11:44 AM | Post: #254
s0zage 
Corparative,
I just checked your stats for a second to see if you were still running around with katana+knife and I noticed that you're being really succesful with the knife so what are you actually whining about?
Yes knifing needs a buff but you're overreacting.
your kills with the knife : 1608 DUW : 297
04-06-2012, 11:48 AM | Post: #255
B-Drasht 
(04-06-2012 02:16 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  

Says you. Try running a game as large as BFH and making balances that keep the everyone, or majority, of the community happy.

Lol noob

******** Game balance***********Item set suggestion**********************************
[Image: accountbroken.png]
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM | Post: #256
epicchickengod 
(04-06-2012 11:48 AM)B-Drasht Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 02:16 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  

Lol noob

Lol hacker

[Image: u24jr.png]
Yugioh anyone? DuelingNetwork Username is Epicchickengod
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
04-06-2012, 12:04 PM | Post: #257
B-Drasht 
says the lvl <25 nubcake

******** Game balance***********Item set suggestion**********************************
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM | Post: #258
epicchickengod 
Says a guy who cant play without cheating.

04-06-2012, 12:16 PM | Post: #259
B-Drasht 
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/sol...280694326/

04-06-2012, 12:19 PM | Post: #260
epicchickengod 
Quits 39%