Hello There, Guest!

28-12-2011, 03:29 AM | Post: #1
MattyG
Just something that I thought would be nice to have, after playing a game and had trouble spotting a Soldier for a heal amongst the group. Additionally, the game has few pieces of clothing with some kind of restrictions on them, such as being class-specific (IE - default clothes) or required to have a level (IE - Buck's Burly Browns). Everything else is free game for anyone who has the Battlefunds.

My suggestion is to implement some outfits that are only available to the class they represent, (unlike BF P4F, where a medic outfit is available to even non-Medic classes) making them more unique among the rest of the other clothes and are easier to identify what class your teammate is. While yes, this works the other way around for the enemy team's case, you aren't exactly forced to wear them or the entire set itself.

Without further ado, here's some ideas on what could work for such outfits:

Soldier - Field Medic

Out of the bunch, this one would be a lot more significant because everyone sure loves a heal. Medic outfits would obviously need the red cross on a white background somewhere as the uniform's insignia, and what could work as an accessory would be the physical reincarnation of the Soldier's very own Combat Medicine around his waist.

Some other Soldier-ish things that could be listed as accessories include incendiary ammo (BB reference), and maybe an SMG on his back. Maybe even an infinite bag of grenades (GS)!

Gunner - Demolitions/Support

This one may be tough because there's already some Gunner-like items in the store like the ammo belts. Maybe a more rugged-looking helmet, and a RPG, MG, or a Keg on his back as an accessory (or a mix of the three), as well as a bottle/bucket/big container or two of steroids to make a small reference to Frenzy Fire and Leg-it.

A possible insignia on the uniform could be related to the Anti-Tank prowess the Gunner has (such as a rocket or a 'no tank' symbol) or/and maybe to the MG's.

Commando - well, a commando

Again, more tougher because some similar items exist. May as well throw in the 'weapon on the back' thing again because it'll make things more obvious, only with a rifle. Like the last two, throw in some references to abilities, like a filled glass vial for Elixir, Troop Traps around the waist, a bunch of paper tags for Mark Target, and a bottle of poison and a knife sheath for Poison Blade.

Possible insignia could be something like a knife or rifle, or something related with the Commando's cloak ability. bindy2010 also suggests the Piercing Shot icon on a black circular background.

-----------

These outfits would be more along the lines of more the military-style of MOH outfits than the casual ones like the Punk outfits, though a mix in between would be perfect, as they won't be too serious then. I'm sorry if the Gunner and Commando ones are generic, my motivation for this topic was more along the lines of Soldiers :|

Furthermore, before any of you whine about drug references and kids, just remember that there's headless items in the store. And a Royal/National's Soldiers eyes look more dopey than a Gunner's or Commando's own.

How can I help?

By simply signing! There shouldn't be much reason why not to have merely more outfits in the store, after all variety is the spice of life.

Additionally though, one thing I would appreciate would be some, if not any fan art to help visualize any of these outfits for either faction - this topic could also use some prettying up. If you can't draw, then maybe some more ideas on what these outfits could look like would help.

You can share a link to this thread with your signature, using this TinyURL:
Code:
http://tinyurl.com/classdefiningclothing
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 03:43 AM by MattyG.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2011, 03:35 AM | Post: #2
bindy2010 
+1
For a commando insignia you could have the "Piercing Shot" Icon on a Black Circular background.
I like your suggestions!

28-12-2011, 03:36 AM | Post: #3
MattyG
That's not a bad idea for an insignia, added to the main post
28-12-2011, 03:37 AM | Post: #4
Vedsad909 
Cool.We need this and Suits Big Grin
/sign of course Smile

Who tampered with my...bleh. (This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 03:38 AM by Vedsad909.)
28-12-2011, 03:43 AM | Post: #5
Charlie.Bucket 
/sign

zzz
28-12-2011, 03:44 AM | Post: #6
Halvock 
Nice idea, /sign

28-12-2011, 04:10 AM | Post: #7
Sk8ah 
/Sign.

[Image: desismileys_2161.gif]
28-12-2011, 04:13 AM | Post: #8
saheb 
/sign

[Image: seqdy1.jpg]
28-12-2011, 04:16 AM | Post: #9
E-123 
Or maybe next to a players name there can be a G, S, and C or some kind of symbol to define what class the player is.
A much easier option and considering EA will continue to want to make money i doubt they will make many more class specific outfits.
28-12-2011, 04:19 AM | Post: #10
hippie-hair 
/sign

[Image: sigdone.png]
28-12-2011, 04:47 AM | Post: #11
xKenny216 
/sign
28-12-2011, 04:50 AM | Post: #12
tony342 
/sign

[Image: backrouuund.png]
28-12-2011, 06:15 AM | Post: #13
MattyG
(28-12-2011 04:16 AM)E-123 Wrote:  Or maybe next to a players name there can be a G, S, and C or some kind of symbol to define what class the player is.
A much easier option and considering EA will continue to want to make money i doubt they will make many more class specific outfits.

I would reckon a small symbol near the name tags or something would work better than outfits, but sadly knowing EAsy they would rather implement more clothes than new features
28-12-2011, 02:45 PM | Post: #14
kidpadle 
/sign, nice!

[Image: monsters2o.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
01-01-2012, 10:36 AM | Post: #15
GumGumGuy 
/sign

01-01-2012, 04:01 PM | Post: #16
CapnAce 
I say keep the freedom! I like being able to dress how I want in this game. If you force everyone to dress class-specific it's just going to turn into a cheap Team Fortress 2.

[Image: bfhsign.png]
Better dead than red!
06-01-2012, 06:20 AM | Post: #17
HUNistvanHUN 
/sign
22-01-2012, 02:37 AM | Post: #18
Charlie.Bucket 
(01-01-2012 04:01 PM)CapnAce Wrote:  I say keep the freedom! I like being able to dress how I want in this game. If you force everyone to dress class-specific it's just going to turn into a cheap Team Fortress 2.

No one's being forced you know, it's just an option to help define classes more so you don't run up to a commando asking for a heal or something.

zzz
24-01-2012, 12:22 AM | Post: #19
Osmannen 
/ sign

[Image: showdownsign.png]
24-01-2012, 12:55 AM | Post: #20
CaptainCrunch. 
/sign