Hello There, Guest!

25-11-2011, 06:23 PM | Post: #1
RedBubble 
I must inform the community that EA started using permaban against some players (reason : sponsorpay's fraud).

I want to link this new story with that :

RockPaperShotGun Wrote:We are receiving information from a number of gamers who have received forum bans for a variety of reasons who are finding they’re unable to play Battlefield 3 (or indeed any other game tied into the EA user account), and worse, when they try to contact EA for help sorting this out, they are either ignored or told it’s tough. So what’s going on?

I'm wondering why a big gaming industry destroy his own market & customers ?
Why complaining about software piracy ?

In the first case, the concerned players have spend a lot of money into BFH, in the second case, the players have paid for games and can't use it !

For now, I think I will stop to buy EA products : don't want to take the risk to loose my games because one moderator dislikes some of my words...

I really dislike SponsorPay offers & never used it : EA opened the Pandora' box with this commercial offer. I'm not very stunned that SPonsorPay make more troubles than good things for the community.

[Image: sig01.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 06:26 PM by RedBubble.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2011, 06:33 PM | Post: #2
Spunky.A.D. 
you can get a ban if you break rules

25-11-2011, 06:34 PM | Post: #3
shadowslayer84 
so basically if you do the sponsor pay you can be banned? whats the deal with that?

and that article is unrealted to sponsor pay...what are you trying to tell us?

[Image: 19b6g2.png]

Proud Admin of the KCA
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 06:43 PM by shadowslayer84.)
25-11-2011, 08:16 PM | Post: #4
Harlinger 
He is creating panic among those who did not fill in the right personal information. As if EA would check all that cr4p.

25-11-2011, 08:25 PM | Post: #5
DarkoL 
There's no relation to Sponserpay there.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/...more-82032

But it's quite interesting..
RockPaperShotgun Wrote:You may remember, back in March this year, a story that threw EA forum user Arno into the limelight. Having violated the rules of the EA forums he was given a 72 hour ban on his forum account. But found that he was also unable to play any of his games attached to his EA gaming account. This led to quite the brouhaha, which eventually resulted in EA’s announcing that the ban had been “a mistake”, and the promise that not only would Arno’s gaming rights be restored, but they would fix the issue to prevent this happening again. They haven’t.
So does that mean people who were forum-banned and their ban affected their whole EA accounts are unjustified? (Like tastegw's case for example).

Though on topic, Sponserpay can be exploited through support/etc. So these bans might actually be justified, if there's such thing that is.

[Image: 16979_s.gif]

Signatures by Andyx7 and Gorjay. <3

(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 08:29 PM by DarkoL.)
25-11-2011, 08:26 PM | Post: #6
Truslow 
Unless I'm mistaken the article is about forum bans, which has nothing to do with sponsor pay. So basically the OP is just creating a panic for no reason. That being said I have no sympathy for someone who trolls/starts flame wars on forums getting perma banned and loosing the ability to play all their EA games. Such people usually troll/flame in game too so the gaming experience will probably improve with such people gone.

EDIT: it is unfortunate that the guy in the article hasn't had EA follow up on their promise.

(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 08:28 PM by Truslow.)
25-11-2011, 08:38 PM | Post: #7
M1k3ol 
no, moderators don't ban, "blues" do give the order when a ban is at hand or not

a forum ban =/= a game ban (not on BFH), but you CAN get a whole EA account ban if you do something really wrong (like posting nude/gore pics) or anything that breaches the Terms of Service (like posting modded content in videos/images, that's why we advise to NOT post any "new" unreleased content)

as sponsorpay, unless someone started to scam or abuse the system (it could be done before, and there are users that did) then the ban is more than justified....

the link you provide is unrelated and misleading, Battlelog is a whole EA service, thus, accounts there are directly EA accounts and not just "a forum" account...BFH players are actually lucky because both accounts are separate (but they can still get an EA ban if the issue validates it)

but to confirm, yes, there has been people in BFH that have had their whole EA accounts banned, don't take the forums "that" lightly when it comes to "trolling" or causing ruckus....it can affect your whole account...

(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 08:41 PM by M1k3ol.)
25-11-2011, 09:11 PM | Post: #8
billijean 
(25-11-2011 08:38 PM)M1k3ol Wrote:  no, moderators don't ban, "blues" do give the order when a ban is at hand or not

a forum ban =/= a game ban (not on BFH), but you CAN get a whole EA account ban if you do something really wrong (like posting nude/gore pics) or anything that breaches the Terms of Service (like posting modded content in videos/images, that's why we advise to NOT post any "new" unreleased content)

as sponsorpay, unless someone started to scam or abuse the system (it could be done before, and there are users that did) then the ban is more than justified....

the link you provide is unrelated and misleading, Battlelog is a whole EA service, thus, accounts there are directly EA accounts and not just "a forum" account...BFH players are actually lucky because both accounts are separate (but they can still get an EA ban if the issue validates it)

but to confirm, yes, there has been people in BFH that have had their whole EA accounts banned, don't take the forums "that" lightly when it comes to "trolling" or causing ruckus....it can affect your whole account...

short question: Can we use Sponsorpay without getting a ban?

[Image: 102m5qr.jpg]
25-11-2011, 09:15 PM | Post: #9
oovalvur 
(25-11-2011 09:11 PM)billijean Wrote:  
(25-11-2011 08:38 PM)M1k3ol Wrote:  no, moderators don't ban, "blues" do give the order when a ban is at hand or not

short question: Can we use Sponsorpay without getting a ban?

Ofc u can, if you dont break the rulez -.-

[Image: 7]
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 09:15 PM by oovalvur.)
25-11-2011, 11:27 PM | Post: #10
RedBubble 
My primary intention was to warn players about BFH & BF3:

I guess that some players try to play around with sponsorpay offers, using glitches or bugs. But for few BF, they could loose their accounts (yes, all accounts, read the EA TOS). Think twice, it's risky.
If Easy want to stop fraud with SponsorPay, they must post an alert to clearly warn players. Most of the players never read TOS & RoC, a lot of young players don't understand the implications of some tricky behaviors.
It's not good for anyone : EA loose customers (and potential benefits), players loose accounts (and we know that a BFH account often cost more money than most of EA games).

Today, you don't buy a game (CD/DVD) but just the right to play : the industry could take back the game (and your money) with just a click. Before creating an account, read the TOS and all the legal docs.
analogy : you post some bad words against a car's seller on his website and... no more car in your garage... he take back your property.

With F2P game, we're putting money in electrons.
If tomorrow Easy decides to stop the game, you've got nothing.
If EA decide to close your account for breaking rules, they don't need to give evidences to the customers (and they don't give evidences).
I know that when I start to play BFH.

But I don't want to buy a game like BF3 or any other EA products, and think that EA could take back my right to play the game because I post some bad words about the company.It's my property, I bought it. If I cheat, permaban on multiplay is OK, but not on solo campaign !

I 've got on my shelves a lot of game boxes, with a real CD/DVD inside. If I want to play with, nobody can't prevent me using my games (in fact one person, my wife has the power of doing that Wink ). The shelves are moving from my house into the industry's database. Players must be suspicious : check your rights, read the terms, and choose wisely the electonic store, and your games. It's not like a real store, you can go home with your box, the box stays in the store and you're just a little gamer vs the big companyif any issue occurs. It's not because you've got some files into your HD that you really own the game. It's about accounts and Internet connection now for a lot of games. Think about... game is a really a special product.

PS : I know that here, ban forum & game permaban are separate... no accusations against Blues or Greens here, I had troll enough here to know that we have a lot of freedom here. Hopefully...
but on other EA forums it's not true.
read the complete story :
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/...ing-games/

[Image: sig01.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 11:33 PM by RedBubble.)