Hello There, Guest!

09-11-2011, 05:05 PM | Post: #61
Memphiso 
(09-11-2011 04:52 PM)McLovin_ftw Wrote:  Native language: English
Want to learn: German, Japanese.

As a side note: I can read and pronounce Japanese as long as it's in Romanji, but my understanding is limited to mostly Aikido and Ken Justsu terminology.
I'm suprised how many people wanna learn Japanese. It probably has something to do with this so called Desu~.

(09-11-2011 04:55 PM)Happyghast Wrote:  
(09-11-2011 04:05 PM)Memphiso Wrote:  I already added some Swedes and Italians, but I need more people, especcialy Portuguese!

So are there other people who made themselfs new foreign language friends? Tongue
Leocano is from Brazil, their main language there in Portuguese. :3
He speaks Brazilian Portuguese. I want to learn European Portuguese, though I think Brazilian Portuguese sounds more beautiful. I think I just get my Portuguese course from the library...

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2011, 05:08 PM | Post: #62
ihaslolpug 
native language = dutch

my english isn't the best but its enough.

would love to learn russian Big Grin (its the most epic language ever)

[Image: aob3h3.png]
First try at photoshop ;3
10-11-2011, 12:56 AM | Post: #63
McLovin_ftw 
(09-11-2011 05:05 PM)Memphiso Wrote:  I'm suprised how many people wanna learn Japanese. It probably has something to do with this so called Desu~.

Desu has nothing to do with my wanting to learn Japanese. I would think that Desu might have gotten Tomonor on that track, but I doubt it's is as popular as he(Tomonor) would like us to believe.

My wanting to learn Japanese started when I decided I liked Aikido and Ken-jutsu enough to stick with them. I would love to go to Japan sometime in the future as well.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 12:57 AM by McLovin_ftw.)
10-11-2011, 02:37 AM | Post: #64
The_WUUSTER 
I was raised speaking Chinese, but then due to the corruption of American public schools English became my first language. However I never lost in touch with my native language as my parents sent me to Chinese school >_>

I study Spanish in high school; they call it Spanish IV.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
10-11-2011, 04:54 AM | Post: #65
DavidoRex 
My native language is English, but I'm studying Spanish- I'm moderately good at it- and know some survival phrases in German.

I'd gladly trade your Spanish or German tutelage for reciprocal training in English.
11-11-2011, 02:58 PM | Post: #66
McLovin_ftw 
Oh ya, I guess I can offer my Aikido and Ken-jutsu terminology to any fellow practitioners in exchange for German or Japanese.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 02:59 PM by McLovin_ftw.)
11-11-2011, 09:25 PM | Post: #67
Memphiso 
Yay, I just got my Portuguese language course from Assimil from the library! Big Grin

26-11-2011, 01:24 PM | Post: #68
Kalta 
Nice thread Memphi.

[Image: daft.jpg]
12-12-2011, 04:54 PM | Post: #69
Fisal-911 
need arabic .......

http://www.3zh.com/upfiles/72i13022.png
Heart
[Image: 1]
12-12-2011, 06:20 PM | Post: #70
FlaSh[b]aCk 
(12-12-2011 04:54 PM)Fisal-911 Wrote:  need arabic .......

No, you need to remove that signature asap.

[Image: S0J7tIl.png]

Sig made by Tpang ||The Starlads; we're all gay in here!

12-12-2011, 06:31 PM | Post: #71
kakkeli52 
Native language: Finnish

I would love to learn better English :3

And just PM me if you wanna know some words in finland! Big Grin

[Image: signaturesxfin.png]
12-12-2011, 07:15 PM | Post: #72
Shugon 
my language is danish

and i just started having french at school and want to learn some more

[Image: O2O099h.png]
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM | Post: #73
BirTanK
Memphiso je moj dobar drugar on se drogira dok igra bfh i voli da psuje na cetu al inace je skroz super
Translate Memhpiso is my good friends he uses drugs while he plays BFH and he loves to swear ingame chat but he is nice guy
Translated serbian ;3
13-12-2011, 12:00 AM | Post: #74
Groonz 
(05-11-2011 11:32 PM)ironsiolder123 Wrote:  [22:26:21] George: No. It's not. But I wont post on that. I'll let someone else do it.

Read Gdude. Sleepy
If I were a mod, I would allow this. As this isn't a generic thread just in another language. This falls within a different category of ...something. Of which I would deem it as a valid thread. Simpyl going by the 'rules' blindly leads to no fun. Might want to think of that.

(06-11-2011 10:27 PM)[FT]Arupsta Wrote:  I know English, Spanish, another language you guys probably wouldn't know, and a bit of Japenese from watching 300+ episodes of anime.
Don't ask me to teach you Japanese because I'm not good at it so..
I'm with Anoobsta on this. I know abit of Japanese but only through listening. Can't read or write it. Watching alot of anime will eventually cause you to get used to it.

The only problem I see with this thread is how it works. It is only possible for it to work if both parties (person wanting to learn and person wanting to teach) fully understand a common language between them. As you need to be able to explain to the other person indepth about how to use what and what within the language, while the 'student' needs to understand what he is saying too.

i.e.
Spanish 'Teacher' teaching Spanish / knows English very well / knows Spanish very well
English 'Student' learning Spanish / knows English very well / knows very little of Spanish

With the above, both parties are able to fully communicate in English to clear up misunderstandings and such.

Whereas;

German 'Teacher' teaching German / knows English but not very well / knows German very well
Swedish 'Student' learning German / knows little to no German / knows little English

With the above, they would have difficultly trying to communicate as even if they both know English, they can't communicate well enough to make their points to one another.

This is why I see that it will only work to some extent. The teacher and student both need to have a good 'common ground' language that they both know, otherwise it's not going to advance very far.

Just my random rambling opinion on the thread.
13-12-2011, 12:02 AM | Post: #75
Kriking 
I learn Khmer and spanish. If you don't know what launguage Khmer is then look it up

[Image: chibikriking.png]
16-12-2011, 04:30 PM | Post: #76
Serradoss 
Hey guys!

I'm Austrian so my native language is GERMAN. I'm happy to help anyone who wants to learn german, so feel free to add me on Skype: Serradoss
Please tell me that you got my skype adress from this thread and that you want to learn german.
I'd also like to improve my english, even though it is already in a quite advanced stage.

I also learn french in school and I really need to improve a lot! So is a GOOD FRENCH TEACHER out there?

Summed up:
GERMAN TEACHER
Looking for FRENCH TEACHER

Btw, I find this thread really great! Smile

Cheers Serradoss Smile

Youtube: TheAustrianToast Twitter: Serradoss
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 06:41 PM by Serradoss.)
16-12-2011, 04:47 PM | Post: #77
FlaSh[b]aCk 
(13-12-2011 12:00 AM)Groonz Wrote:  German 'Teacher' teaching German / knows English but not very well / knows German very well
Swedish 'Student' learning German / knows little to no German / knows little English

Horrible example. Everyone knows that Swedes are actually pretty good at English. (Jonzzon is excluded)

16-12-2011, 09:40 PM | Post: #78
Memphiso 
(12-12-2011 07:39 PM)OperativacAleksa Wrote:  Memphiso je moj dobar drugar on se drogira dok igra bfh i voli da psuje na cetu al inace je skroz super
Translate Memhpiso is my good friends he uses drugs while he plays BFH and he loves to swear ingame chat but he is nice guy
Translated serbian ;3
When I say Imam veliki kurac I'm not swearing, I'm just telling the truth. Wink

(16-12-2011 04:47 PM)FlaSh[b]aCk Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 12:00 AM)Groonz Wrote:  German 'Teacher' teaching German / knows English but not very well / knows German very well

Horrible example. Everyone knows that Swedes are actually pretty good at English. (Jonzzon is excluded)
It's true that both parties need a good English base to teach each other a language. For instance if a Russian wants to teach me Russian, but he doesn't speak any English, this ain't gonna work. But since English is the lingua franca on this forum (and the world), people can use it to communicate with each other. You don't need to be fluent at it, as long as the message gets thru.

As a matter of fact, it's possible to learn a language without even having the knowledge of the lingua franca. For instance if I want to learn Russian and spending many hours with Russian people, I will learn Russian the natural way. You need to be in Russia though, so you get exposed by the language all day long. Then you're forced to use the language and even though your phrases don't make any grammatical sense, people will understand you. The more time you are practising, the more fluent you will become in the language. But again, you need to be in the country itself, so it probably doesn't work here in the forums.

16-12-2011, 11:19 PM | Post: #79
FlaSh[b]aCk 
I was just trying to say Swedes know their English. But well, I see your point Wink

17-12-2011, 12:15 AM | Post: #80
Memphiso 
(16-12-2011 11:19 PM)FlaSh[b]aCk Wrote:  I was just trying to say Swedes know their English. But well, I see your point Wink
I know. It was actually @ Groonz, but didn't want to quote his wall of text. I thought that people would understand that, but meh. Tongue