Hello There, Guest!

22-09-2011, 07:38 AM | Post: #1
HATE Go to next important person...
So - no one in any other class section has asked me anything about soldiers. Probably because you guys are the most content to take what you have and do the best you can with it.....or maybe just hoping that if you keep quiet BB5 won't be nerfed.

Anyways - Since I started similar threads on the other class sections only fair to have one here as well.

To start things rolling.......

The #1 change I would like to see for soldiers in the near future is - Combat Medicine clears slow effect from keg.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2011, 07:54 AM | Post: #2
no_super
I like the clear slow effect on CM idea.

Blasting Strike:
I know it has its own ranges, but is there a way to make it so that its less powerful the further away your targets are?

level 5 BS for example:

its radius is what? 10 or 12m? i forget. but it deals the same "power" no matter how far or close you are to your target, what I am suggesting here is:

2m = full power
4m = 80% power
6m = 60% power
8m = 40% power
10m = 20% power

this would hint to soldiers to be more skilled when using such a low skilled ability. They would want to get closer to the target, and if they just cant wait to pop that BS, and their target is just within range, it barely hurts.

Burning Bullets: I hate this skill, it is the biggest crutch in this game imo. any ideas from you about this ability?

GS: fine as it is imo

6S: fine as it is, but maybe let it last through casting CM and CM only?
22-09-2011, 08:29 AM | Post: #3
GDude 
Grenades should be faster. I've noticed it takes quite a while to equip Grenade Spam, from selecting it in-game to releasing it so you can shoot again.

Nice to hear about the Keg Slow effect though! :D

[Image: 8nuM9An.png]
I am not an Official EA Community Representative; only a Community Moderator!
22-09-2011, 09:34 AM | Post: #4
Vadeous 
BS should be nerfed a little bit from the refresh time, 10 seconds is just too fast.

On the general part i would like to see most of the LR weapons getting a nerf thus making the combat less campy and more short ranged.

22-09-2011, 09:43 AM | Post: #5
bhtest 
I'd like to see GS being more predictable. Sometimes my nades fly all over the place, except to where i want them to be.

And ofcourse, attacking an unaware soldier, getting him to an inch of his health, just to get instakilled by his panic-BS, is quite annoying.
22-09-2011, 11:30 AM | Post: #6
I agree that grenade equip speed is a tad low given the pace of combat at level 30.

However I would rather look at IEG before playing with a pace-setting like grenade equip speed as I see the problem more being that level 1 IEG > level 5 GS - and the gunner has enough warning to know that GS is incoming.

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

22-09-2011, 11:53 AM | Post: #7
bhtest 
What if IEG is used in the same way as GS, regarding the amount of nades?
Level 1 IEG absorbs 3 grenades of GS.
Level 2 IEG absorbs 4 grenades of GS.
(I don't know if that's possible programming-wise.)

So, IEG can always counter a bit of a nade spam, but to counter a fully upgraded GS you need a fully upgraded IEG.
Oh, and your GS disappearing when you fall a short distance (after a BS f.e) is not intended too, i think.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 11:53 AM by bhtest.)
22-09-2011, 12:35 PM | Post: #8
GS Falling - I think......though I should probably go check.......that a change was made to increase the distance needed to fall before you "belly flop". So the loss of abilities from falling is reduced.

However........and the explanation is long and boring.......losing GS when you go into 'belly flop' mode is by intention - because otherwise very bad things happen.

22-09-2011, 04:46 PM | Post: #9
MadnesWTF 
BS should be made like the sucker punch to need a skills to use it , not 360 around you , but hit just where you are facing or just 180
cant imagine how many times i have been hit by random BS that wasnt used for me , and got instant kiled or left to 30/50 HP .

i think it should not be possible to jump than use blasting strike and crush your enemy into floor dealing massive dmg , and should be used only by its original idea , to trow enemy into air and blast him away .

BB should be also somehow nerfed , just slightly power down , like 1 or 2 dmg per second .
1 BB round + the dmg of this bulet = 35 HP left of commando HP ...

its not soldier only , but i think LR pistol need slight decrease of his power , 17-20 dmg for something that accurate at those ranges is stupid , also as someone mention it still does 10-15 dmg at point blank range , and i am usualy beated with my SR pistol at close to medium range agaisnt someone with LR pisotl .
LR pistol should do between 2/3 to 5-6 dmg at close range , and 5/6 to 10 at medium , and 15-18/19 at long range .

[Image: 1]
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 04:50 PM by MadnesWTF.)
22-09-2011, 05:41 PM | Post: #10
ShadyArmada 
well i like the cure slow effect with CM
but everyone just talks about nerfing this BS
its not always insta kill you know
also if its like no_super said then how will we ever get rid of tanks?
bs needs some time to use once hitting its key
like a second delay
that and the 2 meters for full power will result in alot of new tank noobs
how about you just nerf the tank???

22-09-2011, 05:43 PM | Post: #11
SweetName 
/shrug

CM is perfect, but I wouldn't mind it if CM removed keg slow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BS? The damage should be more predictable...

The damage of a combined BS can be WAY over the top though. (I mean... if its possible... nerf the DAMAGE of a combined BS... but keep the knock back. As stacking BS is one of the most fun things a pub soldier can do.)

===================================================
SS? Is awesome already. It would be nice if CM didn't cancel it I guess. (As sometimes I don't want to heal a gunner because I JUST activated my SS.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB? Just too easy to use for too strong a result in my opinion. There are two things I would do with the ability.

First, I would nerf BB 5 so that the cool down is 11 seconds instead of 10.

Second, I would keep the DoT damage the same... but increase the duration of the DoT by (2?) seconds. The longer duration (but same overall damage) would give it's victims more time to activate an ability/bandage to counter the damage...

while at the same time increasing BB's utility as a marking/tracking ability.

======================================================
GS: This is the only aspect of the soldier I would say should be "buffed"

I think GS would be a stronger and more useful (IN COMBAT) skill, if it was deployed like the keg rather than like the single nade.

(Push GS button = throw rather than push GS button = equip.)

The current set up is too slow. It makes GS only really useful in situations were no one is shooting at you. (GS, especially at higher ranks, is just plain to unpredictable to actually benefit from any "accuracy" gained under the current system regardless.)

Oh, It would be nice if there was a more clear cut benefit to ranking up GS as well.

As it stands, GS is the only ability were the common wisdom (I don't necessarily agree with it*) is that increasing GS actually WEAKENS the ability.

*I do however, think that it would be beneficial if we made ranking up GS a more viable alternative to ranking up BB... I would do so by one or both of the following:

A. An increase to the crit chance progression of GS. (so instead of being 5,6,7,8,10... we went 5,6,8,10,12)

B. A further reduction in cool down at ranks 3+ (From the current 20-18-16-14-12 to a new 20-18-15-12-10)

PS. Any other changes would depend heavily on what you do with the OTHER classes... The stuff I said above really only applies to the CURRENT balance of the game.

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 05:45 PM by SweetName.)
22-09-2011, 06:26 PM | Post: #12
XIIIzFin 
The CM idea is nice!

It seem's that too many ppl are using BS as their "main" ability so I would like to see that nerfed.
A Gs buff would be nice.

I don't know if this would be possible or it's just stupid: Changing Keg,IEG,Gs so that IEG could only eat a keg or spam equal or lower then the lvl of IEG. Just throwing a idea.
22-09-2011, 06:27 PM | Post: #13
dajurgen 
(22-09-2011 07:54 AM)no_super Wrote:  Burning Bullets: I hate this skill, it is the biggest crutch in this game imo. any ideas from you about this ability?

yeah , the most r3t4rt3d skill in whole BFH.

BB should only be able to burn 1 person IMO Sleepy

(22-09-2011 06:26 PM)XIIIzFin Wrote:  I don't know if this would be possible or it's just stupid: Changing Keg,IEG,Gs so that IEG could only eat a keg or spam equal or lower then the lvl of IEG. Just throwing a idea.

but it would be hard to know how high the keg/GS level of ur opponent is Undecided
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 06:29 PM by dajurgen.)
22-09-2011, 06:50 PM | Post: #14
Hanz787 
I would like it if SS could see into tanks similar to how you can currently see planes/jeeps. If I'm in a covered area such as town in BB and I hear a plane coming, I will activate SS to see if the plane is a friendly or an enemy. Plus I can see if the plane has passengers and I can see if they eject over the town. I would like to have the same visibility when I hear a tank coming towards me and to know if there is a passenger in the tank also.

Regarding the discussion of BB, if you nerf BB then you have to look at the damage boost and benefits of FF for gunners and PS for commando since these are all related abilities that are very stong at maxed levels. In my opinion, they balance each other pretty well. Although it does seem that FF can make a skilled gunner nearly invincible.

[Image: Signature.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 06:53 PM by Hanz787.)
22-09-2011, 09:08 PM | Post: #15
Dawsta! 
no offence but all i can read here is nerfin bs, nerfin bb. Didn't read topics about commandos or gunners but watchout b4 u nerf soldier like this cause u might fk the game up to be honest. To me gunners are op if I had to choose and it's them who should get nerfed if some class really has to. About soldiers like someone said it takes so long to take a grande and would be nice if CM didn't cancel SS
23-09-2011, 04:53 AM | Post: #16
isuckatthisgame 
First of all I agree with everyone about BS, it's so random and strange and especially as a commando using elixir, can be insanely frustrating in its random kills. A change to that would be nice.

Second of all, I'd like to see some more options for higher level soldiers. Mandos have tons of choice in abilities, gunners can do keg or ff or shield. Soldiers can either do 5 BB, 4 BB, or 3 BB, and then the corresponding GS levels. These are the only options. The reason why this is is because higher level GS and SS just aren't good enough compared to level 1 to justify getting them much higher. GS actually gets WORSE as you put more points into it.

Possible suggestions for SS: Don't increase the bubble that pops out when someone uses SS as it gets higher level. Possibly decrease it instead, or get rid of it all together at level 5. I also wouldn't be averse to letting it see players health or something at higher levels, or tanks. Soldiers sure could use something more against nat tanks. Those things are impossible to flip over.

Possible suggestions for GS: Increase its damage against vehicles as you get higher leveled. It's tough because I don't really want to see it do more damage against infantry than it already does when it is level 1. Perhaps the grenades get slightly more magnetized and thus land closer to opponents at a higher level?

Ohh, and one more thing. Get rid of the pirate pistol for soldiers. Then get rid of it for the other two classes as well =P

23-09-2011, 05:25 AM | Post: #17
Mc4 
Give more of an advantage to spending points in sixth sense.

(for gunners as well) buff the short and mid range shotgun. default mid range is quite bad too.

some change to burning bullets might be appropriate, as long as it does not benefit long range commandos.
23-09-2011, 12:49 PM | Post: #18
I love how the soldier forum is where people say "mmmm maybe nerf one of our skills or change this one thing very slightly"

Always so mellow and calm. Smile

Making more soldier builds viable is a goal - however soldiers are difficult because they sit on such a fine line between roles.

Having BS instant kill people when stacked is something we will be removing. Though the 'push-force' won't be altered.

In my mind soldiers are essentially missing two abilities - or 'type of abilities'......and we have not yet figured out the best way to solve these sorts of missing pieces.

23-09-2011, 01:33 PM | Post: #19
bhtest 
(23-09-2011 12:49 PM)HATE Wrote:  Having BS instant kill people when stacked is something we will be removing. Though the 'push-force' won't be altered.

Getting killed by a stacked BS is much less frustrating and does not happen as often as getting killed by a SINGLE Blasting Strike, in my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 01:34 PM by bhtest.)
23-09-2011, 02:24 PM | Post: #20
MadnesWTF 
(23-09-2011 12:49 PM)HATE Wrote:  Having BS instant kill people when stacked is something we will be removing. Though the 'push-force' won't be altered.

I dont want BS instant kill geting removed , or the push-force .

I believe we want all this to be controlable , to not be that random .

I believe BS should be skill that should be used with direction and purpose , not only spam it on reuse or when you hear some strange noise around you and hope to hit randomly stealthed commando .

(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 02:25 PM by MadnesWTF.)