Hello There, Guest!

05-06-2012, 04:16 AM | Post: #361
Boloniesa_Deluxe 
I'm still waiting for that "GS Mode" to be removed, considering that:

- The grenades are already enough flashy and delayed to alert a gunner (and you can always add more "blinking" if necesary).

- Any average gunner knows, most of the time, where and when a soldier use GS most often, so I don't see why they should be warned with a switching (they have several cheesy, skill-less builds already to continue treating them as retards with that kind of notifications).

- If they predicts the use of GS so easily, what's the point of throwing it then? to spam it blindly anywhere, anytime you can? so perhaps you'll eventually get a cheap kill from it?.

- IEG has almost an instant casting time, no aiming or any other condition required, and produces no side effects either (like "cannot fire while using it" or something). So, it's pretty plain and easy to use, to add up a "switching to GS" warning (perhaps the only complication is the coldown, but all the lvl 1 abilities have that same problem, without the effectiveness IEG holds at that level, not to mention that level 5 IEG have a much shorter reload time).

- We (players) should be encouraged to masterize the mechanics and timing of each build/class, so we can have a more reactive, toughful and skill-required gameplay, but IEG it's 100% reactive and 0% of the rest, making the ability "easy spammable" (also for all the things I said in the previous point), so a gunner who just press the "IEG button" randomly everytime the ability is available, can have a similar performance than someone who just use it "more wisely".

- A shared Soldier's SS (or a marked enemy soldier) will be enough warning for a nearby allied gunner, of a hidden enemy soldier carrying and trying to hurl a grenade (but that enemy soldier cannot see the purple "whirlwind" from IEG or any other reference across the wall, even with SS, so he perhaps will noticed IEG only after using an explosive and seeing no damage or explosion).

- Without the GS switching, you can indirectly fix the modification (more like a bug actually) made to avoid the use of 2 GS without delay, (that "tweak" resets GS when you do the falling animation being in "GS Mode", even if you never threw the grenades).

- To finish with this little wall of text, you can still keep the "yellow glow" when using a brand new "direct GS" (i mean, without the preparation step), so if a braindead gunner need some kind of warning to use his IEG, he will still see it.

[Image: 35]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 04:22 AM by Boloniesa_Deluxe.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 04:45 AM | Post: #362
Nechronic 
I would like it if you held the left mouse button when using grenades or grenade spam, a little bar would appear and warn you how long you have till the grenade goes off in your hand. Dealing 20-30 damage.

[Image: dztjz9.png]
05-06-2012, 06:24 AM | Post: #363
Boloniesa_Deluxe 
(05-06-2012 04:45 AM)Nechronic Wrote:  I would like it if you held the left mouse button when using grenades or grenade spam, a little bar would appear and warn you how long you have till the grenade goes off in your hand. Dealing 20-30 damage.

The idea of a direct GS, is to avoid that first unnecesary preparation step (and debug the skill once and for all, for the same price).

A semi-auto GS mode like the one you are suggesting, can be even more annoying than current one, because you still have to switch and waste the same time, dealing with a limited time to get rid of the grenades (even if they are thrown automatically when time's up, the problem lies in the time you lose switching, so, in most situations, you will be already dead to throw the grenades either yourself or automatically).

Note: your idea could work if grenades were always dropped and at your feet, exploding perhaps 1 second after you die in "GS Mode" (if you didn't throw them manually, of course), to deal some "post-mortem" damage, but again, that's not the main problem with GS.

07-06-2012, 02:23 PM | Post: #364
HATE Go to next important person...
There are some adjustments under review that should help GS be more viable in combat and more dangerous in general.

Has anyone noticed the Bstrike change? More consistency in getting points when hitting enemies? More consistency in being awarded kills?

Anyone?

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
07-06-2012, 03:40 PM | Post: #365
Boloniesa_Deluxe 
(07-06-2012 02:23 PM)HATE Wrote:  There are some adjustments under review that should help GS be more viable in combat and more dangerous in general.

Glad to hear that at least there is something being discussed, I'm looking forward to see that.

(07-06-2012 02:23 PM)HATE Wrote:  Has anyone noticed the Bstrike change? More consistency in getting points when hitting enemies? More consistency in being awarded kills?

Anyone?

Yes, I noticed more consistency in both, awarded kills and damage inflicted by pushing enemies into solid objects, also the damage range seems more accurate and predictable (especially compared to the very first BS's tweak).

I'm still having some few jumping blasts that do nothing at all (no damage and no push, and some times the enemy does that kind of "moonwalk" on the spot), but are not as frequent as they were before the last changes (or as in the old BS version).

I'm gone. Happy thursday.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 03:40 PM by Boloniesa_Deluxe.)
07-06-2012, 03:55 PM | Post: #366
xybolt 
(05-06-2012 04:16 AM)Boloniesa_Deluxe Wrote:  - If they predicts the use of GS so easily, what's the point of throwing it then? to spam it blindly anywhere, anytime you can? so perhaps you'll eventually get a cheap kill from it?.

use it as a surprise tool. Like if you can see a gunner coming, just drop the grenades at the corner.

07-06-2012, 04:00 PM | Post: #367
Volcomskatr2 
(07-06-2012 02:23 PM)HATE Wrote:  There are some adjustments under review that should help GS be more viable in combat and more dangerous in general.

Has anyone noticed the Bstrike change? More consistency in getting points when hitting enemies? More consistency in being awarded kills?

Anyone?

Yeah,I noticed thanks for the tweak.

[Image: 14217_s.gif]
[Image: 96hov6.png]
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM | Post: #368
(07-06-2012 03:40 PM)Boloniesa_Deluxe Wrote:  

Glad to hear that at least there is something being discussed, I'm looking forward to see that.

(07-06-2012 02:23 PM)HATE Wrote:  Has anyone noticed the Bstrike change? More consistency in getting points when hitting enemies? More consistency in being awarded kills?

Anyone?

Yes, I noticed more consistency in both, awarded kills and damage inflicted by pushing enemies into solid objects, also the damage range seems more accurate and predictable (especially compared to the very first BS's tweak).

I'm still having some few jumping blasts that do nothing at all (no damage and no push, and some times the enemy does that kind of "moonwalk" on the spot), but are not as frequent as they were before the last changes (or as in the old BS version).

I'm gone. Happy thursday.

Cool thanks for the feedback!

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

07-06-2012, 07:01 PM | Post: #369
Boloniesa_Deluxe 
(07-06-2012 03:55 PM)xybolt Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 04:16 AM)Boloniesa_Deluxe Wrote:  - If they predicts the use of GS so easily, what's the point of throwing it then? to spam it blindly anywhere, anytime you can? so perhaps you'll eventually get a cheap kill from it?.

use it as a surprise tool. Like if you can see a gunner coming, just drop the grenades at the corner.

Thanks for the tip my dear Captain Obvious, I'll keep that in mind...

Seeing that you're around HATE (and since this is kinda "soldier related" issue), I'd like to ask if MR pistols will remain with that little-too-high deviation (higher than most of the SR weapons, making the pistol not too efficient at it's optimal MR range, which is contradictory) or if you have any other modification incoming for them?

07-06-2012, 11:20 PM | Post: #370
The_WUUSTER 
(07-06-2012 07:01 PM)Boloniesa_Deluxe Wrote:  

Seeing that you're around HATE (and since this is kinda "soldier related" issue), I'd like to ask if MR pistols will remain with that little-too-high deviation (higher than most of the SR weapons, making the pistol not too efficient at it's optimal MR range, which is contradictory) or if you have any other modification incoming for them?

I second this. Buff the MRP (and the SRSG too).

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM | Post: #371
WorldBosh 
(07-06-2012 11:20 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  

Not just the MRP. All MR weapons just suck. LR weapons deal more DPH and SR weapons have a much higher RoF. MR weapons are like...lul weapons.

09-06-2012, 02:36 AM | Post: #372
The_WUUSTER 
(07-06-2012 11:45 PM)WorldBosh Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 11:20 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  

Not just the MRP. All MR weapons just suck. LR weapons deal more DPH and SR weapons have a much higher RoF. MR weapons are like...lul weapons.

MR weapons (besides the pistol) suck for a reason. They suck so that freeloaders are encouraged to buy BF's and better weapons. I mean, the MRMG was pretty powerful before they nerfed it (it's still a decent gun now); why would people spend money when they already have a powerful gun at their disposal?

The thing with the MRP though, is that it's not a default weapon, so there's really no logical reason behind its suckish-ness.

09-06-2012, 02:44 AM | Post: #373
Bansheebot 
Maybe they should just get rid of the bizarre Reverse Damage-falloff. I've never seen anything like it in any other game.

Then again they'd have to rework the firing rates of pretty much every weapon. Or add recoil.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 02:49 AM by Bansheebot.)
11-06-2012, 04:40 AM | Post: #374
SweetName 
(09-06-2012 02:36 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  The thing with the MRP though, is that it's not a default weapon, so there's really no logical reason behind its suckish-ness.

^Exactly^

And... on topic...

Buff ranked GS plox.

[Image: 2]
11-06-2012, 09:03 AM | Post: #375
(some) Weapon tuning is a target for changes; but nothing that is worth discussing right now.

11-06-2012, 09:57 AM | Post: #376
MadnesWTF 
when are all thise changes supose to come live ?

i dont want exact date more like what season Big Grin

end of summer ? before cristmass ? next year begining ? or next summer ?

[Image: 1]
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM | Post: #377
mnjcompagnie 
im curious too... When? (In what european season?)

[Image: banana.gif]
These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie[Image: banana.gif]

Why you copypasta?
13-06-2012, 11:14 AM | Post: #378
HATE
Recent (todays) ability change information: http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=353117

13-06-2012, 12:44 PM | Post: #379
dajurgen 
Hey devs , how about making 6S only be active for 1 sec each level ? Cuz thats what you §#@%£$& did with IEG ......

Dead game
13-06-2012, 01:14 PM | Post: #380
The_WUUSTER 
(13-06-2012 12:44 PM)dajurgen Wrote:  Hey devs , how about making 6S only be active for 1 sec each level ? Cuz thats what you §#@%£$& did with IEG ......

Then stop using it at level 1.