Hello There, Guest!

22-09-2011, 07:36 AM | Post: #1
HATE Go to next important person...
Some one in the commando section started asking about gunner changes. Rather than have class information get mixed up between sections I thought we could have a chat in this thread.

The question that was asked was, roughly "Will frenzy be changed back to how it was before 'The Gunner Update'".

Short answer is "No"

Longer answer is "Most of the abilities need some measure of updating. I am happy with how most abilities function at this point and would like for us to explore ways to add new dimension into abilities and into Heroes Combat."

I haven't finished my morning coffee yet and am feeling adventurous. So I will take a guess as some gunner questions.

RPG Reload Bug - I hate it, programmers hate it, everyone hates it, it's very very deep in some of the worse BF2 code that Heroes was built on....only good news is that we know better why it happens. A "Work around" change (not a fix....change) is under consideration.

Shield Bug(s) - A fix for this is not yet planned; mostly because it refuses to be reproduced within a development environment.

Small Sound Bugs and other trivial bugs - some are being fixed in a coming update. Some will be fixed in an update after that one.

Are gunners horribly over powered? - Not really though the other classes could use some better counters to some Gunner tactics.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2011, 07:40 AM | Post: #2
no_super
Reload bug (hope what you say is true)

;/

also,...

can you disable the use of the GL by gunners? it just makes noobs out of them. Big Grin

IEG could use different durations for different levels of it. (leg-it durations sound mighty fine)

Shield could also use the same sort of change, but not on the duration side, the health amount.
lvl 1 shield is just too good, 30 hps as the default ability. I would love to see this trimmed way down:

lvl 1: 10hp shield
lvl 2: 20hp shield
lvl 3: 30hp shield
lvl 4: 40hp shield
lvl 5: 60hp shield

FF doesnt need much changing imo, maybe less healing, but that is the easiest ability to counter when playing against a gunner.

Leg-it should be changed to the gunners default ability, just because its the most valuable ability the gunner has.

thats all i got, just opinions and ideas.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 07:47 AM by no_super.)
22-09-2011, 08:27 AM | Post: #3
GDude 
Want the Short Range Shotgun fixing and/or buffing. It's not too great against FF5 and a Short Range MG at short to long range. Only the Shotgun can handle very close range.

Oh, and why does the SR SG have such poor range and yet the LR SG can handle all distances. LR should have a disadvantage over short at short range, not the orther way around...

[Image: Hammer%20Time.jpg]
I am not an Official EA Community Representative; only a Community Moderator!
22-09-2011, 09:10 AM | Post: #4
Boeser_Pirat 
all i can do, regarding changes on the gunner, is refer to this thread:

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...513&page=1

nuff said.

22-09-2011, 09:42 AM | Post: #5
Royalarmyguy 
I'd say FF Is fine, If you lower the duration of the ability by a second or something, mainly becouse It can keep you at maximum health If the enemy you are facing Isn't too good of a player.

[Image: stealthosig.png]
22-09-2011, 09:46 AM | Post: #6
bhtest 
(22-09-2011 07:40 AM)no_super Wrote:  Leg-it should be changed to the gunners default ability, just because its the most valuable ability the gunner has.

Agree on this one.

(22-09-2011 08:27 AM)GDude Wrote:  Want the Short Range Shotgun fixing and/or buffing. It's not too great against FF5 and a Short Range MG at short to long range. Only the Shotgun can handle very close range.

Oh, and why does the SR SG have such poor range and yet the LR SG can handle all distances. LR should have a disadvantage over short at short range, not the orther way around...

Indeed, the SR SG should be a more viable alternative for the SR MG. If more gunners would roll a shotgun, more gunners would use HS. I think this ability is underestimated by most gunners, since FF always get the priority.

EDIT: Another thing i just thought of. I tend to walk around with my RPG constantly when playing as a gunner. Sometimes, when i come across an ennemy and shoot it, and immideately switch over to one of my machineguns, I don't deal any damage. I see the hitsplashes of my bullets, but no damage pops up. I can 'fix' it by switching machineguns, or reloading. So, when you switch too fast from your RPG, your MG gets bugged? (Don't know if it happens with shotguns)
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 10:23 AM by bhtest.)
22-09-2011, 01:06 PM | Post: #7
Bl4ck-Leader 
(22-09-2011 07:36 AM)HATE Wrote:  Shield Bug(s) - A fix for this is not yet planned; mostly because it refuses to be reproduced within a development environment.

Did you try with several gunners using their shield? Because for me, the shield works perfectly when there's no friendly gunner around using also their shield.
If you haven't, try this : 1 gunner use his shield. Wait for it to end. Then another gunner next to him use his shield.

And if you want to know more unknown bugs about gunners :
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=266717

(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 01:13 PM by Bl4ck-Leader.)
22-09-2011, 01:18 PM | Post: #8
XXXKruszakus
I think IEG should last 12 seconds at level 4 and 5.
22-09-2011, 01:54 PM | Post: #9
FearmageoddoN 
Hmm.
All I can think of is the reload bug, and the SR shotty. Last one should REALLY be fixed, since above 90% of all gunners use MG's.

As an addition; I really like Taste's shield idea.

[Image: y6aQJ.png]
22-09-2011, 02:05 PM | Post: #10
XXXKruszakus
SR shotty should really be buffed - it's the most finicky weapon in BFH. You can deal even 40-50 damage in one shot, but sometimes you deal 15 at the same range - it really needs to be more stable. SR shotty should be like mandos knife - only for very short range, but dealing HUGE damage.
22-09-2011, 03:38 PM | Post: #11
dajurgen 
shield should just erase all the other shields around you and replace it by yours
22-09-2011, 03:48 PM | Post: #12
Vahvetti 
(22-09-2011 01:18 PM)XXXKruszakus Wrote:  I think IEG should last 12 seconds at level 4 and 5.

Nah.

[Image: 11rgfwm.png]

Montage: Five minutes of starlight - VOTW #152 | Team Finland - Nations Cup Winner 2010 & 2011

22-09-2011, 03:54 PM | Post: #13
Phoenyxar 
Outside the bugfixes it would be great to nerf FF by a little bit... and ofcourse like said: buff the SR SG.
If I say nerf FF I mean nerf it by making the 4th bullet into the 5th bullet that heals, but I actually believe this is maybe quite a big nerf, so even something smaller, changing the +12 HP into +10 or something not too extremely different with FF now.
And the SR SG could use an average +3-5 damage for every shot, not making it that more powerful, but certainly it's a bit weak now.

[Image: firmaphoe.png]
22-09-2011, 05:03 PM | Post: #14
MadnesWTF 
guners need balance on Leg-it .

its realy OP to see enemy team rolling the whole map by never ending leg-it train .

because it last as much as its reused , this way only 2 guners can keep whole team on max speed for whole round .

[Image: 1]
22-09-2011, 05:40 PM | Post: #15
fausje 
FF needs to be nerfed. Why? Well, if you nerf it, less people will use it, which will result in them putting the points in shield (after it gets fixed) or legit, IEG,... Basically it will make gunners more of the teamplayer type. By nerfing the ability, you'll also make it less overpowered (which it is, check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlmRKOfVUOQ). It's not hard to counter, it's only hard to counter when your all abilities are on cooldown and you miss an rpg shot (or have the reload bug).

[Image: 16553_s.gif]

22-09-2011, 05:42 PM | Post: #16
CrySpy 
(22-09-2011 08:27 AM)GDude Wrote:  Want the Short Range Shotgun fixing and/or buffing.
If i remember correctly it is bugged somehow.

(22-09-2011 08:27 AM)GDude Wrote:  Oh, and why does the SR SG have such poor range and yet the LR SG can handle all distances.
It did have a much more acceptable range before HotF

[Image: 6650986.png]

Forum rules!
Forum FAQs! How to report! Epic win! Signature rules! User fixes!

I was a community moderator, not an official EA representative

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2011, 05:48 PM | Post: #17
ShadyArmada 
(22-09-2011 09:46 AM)bhtest Wrote:  
(22-09-2011 07:40 AM)no_super Wrote:  Leg-it should be changed to the gunners default ability, just because its the most valuable ability the gunner has.

Agree on this one.

(22-09-2011 08:27 AM)GDude Wrote:  Want the Short Range Shotgun fixing and/or buffing. It's not too great against FF5 and a Short Range MG at short to long range. Only the Shotgun can handle very close range.

Indeed, the SR SG should be a more viable alternative for the SR MG. If more gunners would roll a shotgun, more gunners would use HS. I think this ability is underestimated by most gunners, since FF always get the priority.

EDIT: Another thing i just thought of. I tend to walk around with my RPG constantly when playing as a gunner. Sometimes, when i come across an ennemy and shoot it, and immideately switch over to one of my machineguns, I don't deal any damage. I see the hitsplashes of my bullets, but no damage pops up. I can 'fix' it by switching machineguns, or reloading. So, when you switch too fast from your RPG, your MG gets bugged? (Don't know if it happens with shotguns)

have that alot too
i once shot the whole 130 bullets from my cheeser at an enemy gunner( he couldnt aim for a damn) and not one bullet damaged him so he won after all

22-09-2011, 05:51 PM | Post: #18
fausje 
(22-09-2011 08:27 AM)GDude Wrote:  Oh, and why does the SR SG have such poor range and yet the LR SG can handle all distances. LR should have a disadvantage over short at short range, not the orther way around...

Well, the LR SG only performs good at medium and close range, at long range, it is the most worthless of long range weapons tbh. The punk shotgun is a much better long range shotgun, it easily outperforms a single LR SG at long range, but it's still not really a long range weapon, it is best used in medium range combat situations.

As for the LR SG being stronger than SR SG on close range... I can guarantee you that a single SR SG willl outdamage a single LR SG at close range. Maybe you are thinking of the dual LR SG setup, in that case, a skilled SR SG user will beat a skilled dual LR SGer, BUT, only if he manages to keep at close range.

But it is true, the LR SGs are very strong at close range aswell (critting up to 70+). But at close range, the SR SG with its high RoF and high damage will beat one, or even two LR SGs.

22-09-2011, 05:52 PM | Post: #19
SweetName 
I agree that leg it is a more important ability to a gunner than HS is.

BUT... a gunner with ONLY rank 1 leg it? Kind of a total gimp on the battle field.

(Yeah, an experienced player i will still push through the early levels fast enough that it doesn't much matter. But for a newb gunner? Things could get rough.)

SR-SG, in my opinion, just needs it's spread reduced. A reduction in spread would reward the accurate player with more consistently high damage at close range.. AND would make the gun more viable at medium range as well.

I eat grenades... it's perfect right now in the random pick up game. But when you get a little bit of organization on a team? The only way to really stop a good IEG/Leg it gunner rotation... is with soldiers doing combined BS. (I don't have a solution here... Just pointing out a problem.)

Other than that? Pirate pistol destroys the game balance. This is most noticeable in the hands of a gunner. (Really, it only comes close to being justifiable when contrasted with the power of PS5 snipers. Which says nothing with the effect it has when used against other gunners/soldiers.)

------------------------------------
Basically... when it comes down to it, Soldiers/gunners are actually very well balanced against/with each other right now. It's commandos that are the outlier when it comes to game play and game balance.

[Image: 2]
22-09-2011, 05:53 PM | Post: #20
fausje 
(22-09-2011 05:48 PM)ShadyArmada Wrote:  
(22-09-2011 09:46 AM)bhtest Wrote:  

Agree on this one.

have that alot too
i once shot the whole 130 bullets from my cheeser at an enemy gunner( he couldnt aim for a damn) and not one bullet damaged him so he won after all

Standard question: are you sure you weren't lagging?
Anyway, I've never had this glitch, mainly because I never play with MGs anymore. Sounds like a glitch that desperately needs fixing, does it help if you activate FF?