Hello There, Guest!

30-07-2011, 10:55 AM | Post: #1
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Ey all, I've written a few conflict-based things in the past, thought I'd have a hand at this. It's based on World War 2 with the National Army representing Germany, and the Royals the Allies, in the dying months of the war.

The End

The National line was weak, in some places there was no resistance at all. This was what stood between the Royals and the Nationalist capital. Sergeant Rolf Steiner was by no means a pacifist but he knew now there was no hope of victory, the relentless National leader refused to lose hope in the final victory. Over the course of years of conflict Steiner had lost many close friends, they were slowly replaced by fanatically loyal individuals on the front lines who refused to surrender.

Ammunition and fuel, as well as food and water, were scarce. The Air Force had no remaining air bases and nearly all the vehicles were running dry, in both fuel and ammunition. To pass the time the National comrades would sing patriotic songs, play their harmonicas and wait for the inevitable Royal offensive. It wasn't a matter of if they could hold the line, but for how long. Steiner finishes the last of his daily rations and slips into his bunk.

Throughout the night booms and flashes surround the network of trenches, the Royal guns shell relentlessly. Was this in preparation for an assault tomorrow, or simply harassing fire? He didn't know, he didn't want to know. Tomorrow could be his last day. If not the day after. The glimmer of hope was fading ever faster.

The next day the men were ordered to man their positions along the line. Steiner cocked his battered, rusty Kommandant and scanned the horizon, a light dawn mist covered the ground. A feeling of unease was in the air. Suddenly the rumble of tracks became audible, as did the shouts of men and the roar of aircraft, the National troops squinted and peered into the bleak mist; what met their gaze horrified them.

"The Royal Offensive! This is the end!"

Panic spread through the National Army's ranks amongst the new Recruits, becoming ever younger as manpower was ever-lacking. The front line was a mix of untrained boys and old men, strengthened by the remnants of veteran National divisions that marched once-proud through the cities of the Royal empire. Some younger National troops ran from the trenches at first sight of the enemy, only to be cut down in a hail of fire from the approaching Royal vanguard.

The initial panic had faded and the remaining soldiers focused on the task at hand. They were certainly outnumbered but had an advantageous position and some anti-tank weaponry as well as some elite, battle-hardened units, of which Steiner was once part of, being the sole survivor of a disastrous counter-offensive the previous month against a Royal forward base. The first wave of the Royal offensive was now within a hundred yards, until now most of the National troops had kept themselves hidden, ready to reveal themselves and cut down the first line.

"Now!" Suddenly the line of National troops sprang up, mounting heavy machine guns on the lip of the trench as well as the regular soldiers with sub-machine guns and rifles. The Royal attackers were caught completely off-guard, National soldiers sprang up all around them from concealed foxholes, tearing them apart in swathes of lead. The first Royal wave was no more, cheers and whooping were audible all along the National line. But this was just the beginning.

Royal tanks raced ahead, taking the head of the second wave. They fired their cannon and machine-guns sporadically, the National troops firing anti-tank charges infrequently... it wasn't enough. Scores of armour rolled over the foxholes and sped toward the first line. "Molotovs, now!" A handful on National troops crouched down in the trenches and lit Molotov cocktails, ready to throw onto the tanks as they passed by.

Steiner produced a molotov and lit the rag, without warning a Royal tank rolled straight over him. He looked up and saw the underside, the squeaking tracks, the roar of the engine. Time seemed to slow as he tossed his molotov with all the force he could muster, it tumbled through the air and smashed over the engine deck. Within moments the tank exploded violently sending the turret metres into the air, it landed with a thud next to him. He peered over the edge of his trench and saw sheer chaos, Royal armour and infantry in a melee with National troops, they were being cut to pieces. The line was lost.

Steiner slung his Kommandant over his shoulder and took some hand grenades from a dead comrade next to him, propped up against the trench wall. Steiner pushed his eyelids down over his still-open eyes. All around him he noticed mean dead that were alive and happy just hours ago. The stench of death and suffering was all around. He ran as fast as he could, he had to get away. He heard their voices in his head. There were too many ghosts.

End of Part 1
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 07:11 PM by IBLiTZKRiEGI.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2011, 10:57 AM | Post: #2
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Part 2

All along the line National forces were pulling back, many had already lost their lives or had been injured and were unable to escape. As Steiner turned around he could still see and hear the fierce battle between the remaining National troops and the fresh Royal reserves being brought forward. As he walked on, trying to plan his next move, he ran into groups of National soldiers who had done the same as him. "Iff vee pull back any furzer ve'll be on ze edge of zer damn capital!" This was Private Dietz, a man of intelligence. Steiner saw his Sniper rifle and was amazed by the condition it was in given the situation. It glinted in the sun from endless polishing and buffing. Steiner saw it as a sign of hope, there were still National soldiers who were professionals; they knew what they were doing. If only he knew the scale of the Royal offensive. There was no chance.

They all decided to pull back to the town a few miles East of their position, there were rumours that the last National plane was there and was planning to use the road as an airstrip. Along their journey the signs of was were all around. Once-beautiful hamlets and villages lay in waste. They were all scared, their proud and powerful nation lay in ruins, death was now a part of daily life. The enemy could be anywhere...

A faint sound. A rumbling. The ground shakes. A Royal tank tears through a hedgerow but 15 metres behind them, the National troops scatter into nearby buildings. Steiner takes his MGL off his back and aims it at the Royal tank. The tank spots Private Dietz and fires, the shell explodes inches away from him. He is thrown across the street by the blast and slams into the ground. Steiner fires, the rocket screams towards the Royal tank and pierces the armour. Silence...

BOOM! The tank explodes in a fireball. Silence once more, apart from the crackle of the Royal tank. He looks around, all the others have vanished. They ran for their lives and were cut down. He moves over to the body of Private Dietz. He props him up against the wall and lays his still-shining rifle beside him. How many more lives will this pointless war claim? He fights back tears and steals away into the darkness.

When first light breaks he is on the edge of town. He turns a corner and is amazed by what he sees, a National fighter plane! The last one in working order, an ME-109 G-6. The pilot is about to leave when he sees Steiner out of the corner of his eye, almost crying with joy. He is covered in dust, dirt, sweat and blood. His happiness turns to despair when he sees the plane is single-seat.

"Your only option is to hold onto the wing, mein freund."
"Are you MAD!?"
"Well, it's that or a 40-mile walk to the capital."

On a whim he jumps up onto the wing and holds on for dear life. The pilot gives him the thumbs up, he feels like throwing up. The plane taxis and turns onto the main road, it's just long enough for a take-off. The pilot eases up the throttle. 40 knots, 50 knots, 60, 70...

They are moments away from salvation when Royal troops appear at the end of the road. They begin to fire. We were so close. It's over.

The pilot pulls back on the stick as the fire continues, the engine begins to smoke but luck seems to be on their side. The undercarriage knocks a Royal's helmet off and the plane streaks upward. "Yeeehaaa!" Steiner pumps his fist as they disappear into the sunset, still gripping the wing. He had escaped, but a far greater challenge lay ahead.

"Blasted National pilot... where's my helmet? I don't want to buy another one!"
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 08:14 PM by IBLiTZKRiEGI.)
30-07-2011, 11:04 AM | Post: #3
CYBERJAY! 
Nice story.

30-07-2011, 11:13 AM | Post: #4
zorro07 
nice story

good luck with it

[Image: adgame728.jpg]

30-07-2011, 01:22 PM | Post: #5
zhongsifu 
After seeing buckets of sh*t rain down into the WS section, this definitely seems promising.

Royal Army Anthem
(12-06-2010 06:21 PM)CanadianBoy Wrote:  (Sorry, but we're likely to be recognized as "Grammar Jews" in the near future.)
(26-09-2010 04:15 AM)YCheez Wrote:  I, KING, of cheezland, award you the medal of lulz
Infantry Assault Map! Sign now! Name needed!
Snow Map! Sign now! Name needed!
30-07-2011, 04:00 PM | Post: #6
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Thanks all, I may write some more in the future. Tongue[/u]
30-07-2011, 04:56 PM | Post: #7
S.A.S.S.Ryan 
That is why you don't mess with the Allied Forces
31-07-2011, 11:43 PM | Post: #8
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Well yeah, I guess you could say the war didn't turn out so well for Germany. >_>

My Work

Ghost of the Skies

01-08-2011, 12:19 AM | Post: #9
=Alteisen= 
Take note of repetition in your wording

[Image: fairlion-s.gif]
[Image: g.gif]
JOIN Will of Iron, the ongoing series chronicling the transformation of a man from idealistic Royal soldier to National death machine!
Be a part of the story, sign up here!
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM | Post: #10
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Could you point out the repeated words please? I'll find alternatives.

My Work

Ghost of the Skies

02-08-2011, 03:40 AM | Post: #11
cormer 
good story

[Image: 2]
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM | Post: #12
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Thanks, I may write another eventually.

My Work

Ghost of the Skies

02-08-2011, 08:19 PM | Post: #13
jamesroberts221 
Very very nice, I loved it! Gripping, and it really catches the emotion of hopelessness a losing army feels. Top-notch.

[Image: jrsig.png]

Check out my new story, The War Detective
02-08-2011, 09:06 PM | Post: #14
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

My Work

Ghost of the Skies

08-08-2011, 04:54 PM | Post: #15
S.A.S.S.Ryan 
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!Please write up to when Berlin get's captured!!!PERFECT STORY!!I YELL A LOT!!!!!
08-08-2011, 05:12 PM | Post: #16
jamesroberts221 
(08-08-2011 04:54 PM)S.A.S.S.Ryan Wrote:  WRITE MORE!!!!!!!Please write up to when Berlin get's captured!!!PERFECT STORY!!I YELL A LOT!!!!!

+1 Big Grin

[Image: jrsig.png]

Check out my new story, The War Detective
08-08-2011, 08:12 PM | Post: #17
IBLiTZKRiEGI 
Alright, I didn't foresee this, but I'll continue this story. Tongue To be honest, I made the suggestion that the Nationals were going to make a comeback, if you want me to change that I will.

My Work

Ghost of the Skies

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 08:12 PM by IBLiTZKRiEGI.)
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM | Post: #18
Jking(laugh) 
Epix story bro. Can't wait til your new one comes out.

[Image: jkingsig.png]
06-11-2011, 01:32 AM | Post: #19
Kalidiscope_ 
Excellent! One of my new favorite stories.

[Image: 1]