Hello There, Guest!

13-04-2011, 03:21 PM | Post: #21
Cortex_Gunner 
Is the only way to do this effectivly with BF? Would spending 600vp a day(about 4 hours for me) until i get somemore battleunds pay off?

Great guide btw.

[Image: 14264_s.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2011, 08:26 PM | Post: #22
MafiaBlade18 
Awesome guide, i guess i will make 1 of my mandos an dual pistol user now Big Grin

found 2 mistakes in da text, i will help u 2 fix em Angel

MT rank 5:
MT lets you see things from muchf urther away than you normally should, lets you see through your elixer dustcloud.

and:

A pistolers job, unlike the other common mmando builds, is not really to KILL targets. You lack the burst damage to make you better at this than either of the above builds. Instead, a pistolers job is to deal damage. *and get your kills as they come to you*

[Image: newsignature1.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2011 08:27 PM by MafiaBlade18.)
13-04-2011, 10:26 PM | Post: #23
SweetName 
(13-04-2011 03:21 PM)Cortex_Gunner Wrote:  Is the only way to do this effectivly with BF? Would spending 600vp a day(about 4 hours for me) until i get somemore battleunds pay off?

Great guide btw.

well... you are required to purchase 2 weapons.

And one of those weapons Has to be either an uber... or a pilfered.

So... yeah. BF are pretty much a requirment actually.

[Image: 2]
14-04-2011, 01:21 AM | Post: #24
Cortex_Gunner 
Wow, this build i great. Came in on the end of a MM game with regular pistol and uber pistol, 7-0. Second best overall score. Cant wait to do this with dual uber/super. Great guide again sweetname.

EDIT: only prb is elixer brings my FPS down soooo much. To like 10.... I need a better computer :'(

[Image: 14264_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 01:40 AM by Cortex_Gunner.)
14-04-2011, 02:56 AM | Post: #25
AceBorlag 
I love playing dual pistols, I've been using it for a while on my lvl 30 nat commando and my lvl 21 royal commando, plus i just recently found that i ALSO like dual pistols on my lvl 20 nat soldier... dual LR pistols are AWESOME! My favorite weapon in bfh EASILY! I use a different build then you though... My build is 5 stealth (yes i know it goes against your guide but i've been using this setup for a while and i find it helps me survive better on close maps like VV, plus i can cap flags), 5 TT for getaways, high damage to enemies, TT jumping etc, 1 MT because i like to illuminate pesky camping snipers. I do FULLY agree with 5/5 elixir... IT IS A MUST!!!. And on that thought, I think that is probably the most important skill for low lvl pistol users too. If i were making a new commando with dual LR pistols, i would go lvl 2) 1 Elixir lvl 4) 1 MT lvls 6-12) max elixir lvl 14) 1 TT and lvls 16-30) whatever the rest of your playstyle demands. Excellent guide! When i first saw the post name, my initial thought was "Oh no, some noob that has like 10 pistol kills is gonna go try and sound like he knows everything about pistols...", but this was actually very good, Nicely done! Smile

[Image: 30mbxw6.jpg]

14-04-2011, 05:46 AM | Post: #26
SuperGoo 
Very nice guide~
I would try it out but i don't have any bfs lul.

[Image: 1]
18-04-2011, 01:49 PM | Post: #27
SweetName 
Updated:

More about nade launchers.

Also... to stress again...

You seriously do not need to rank up stealth. I assure you... you WILL get a better score if you learn to play with lower ranked stealth.... if you're used to rank 5... maybe drop it to 3... but try it out, practice... (Its like with soldiers... sure a person who aims poorly will get better results from the Lsmg... but that doesn't mean they should use it. Instead they should practice with the VLR pistol... because once you learn it... its a MUCH better weapon.)

18-04-2011, 04:18 PM | Post: #28
Inception. 
I do dual VLR pistol's alot now. Just bought the pilfered uber pistol and followed this guide...Charles you are amazing. I was using exlir 5, mt4 and TT1 at level 20. Quite amazing, got 5700 XP on MM without a xp boost. Smile
18-04-2011, 11:26 PM | Post: #29
SweetName 
(18-04-2011 04:18 PM)KamnoT Wrote:  I do dual VLR pistol's alot now. Just bought the pilfered uber pistol and followed this guide...Charles you are amazing. I was using exlir 5, mt4 and TT1 at level 20. Quite amazing, got 5700 XP on MM without a xp boost. Smile

Big Grin

Yeah, if your goal is to level up your commmando fast without having to stat pad or glitch or any of that garbage...

You really can't beat an MT spam 2x VLR pistol build.

The dps/point output can be AMAZING... (and its an effective playstyle to boot! Work those assists... your team will thank you, the scoreboard will reward you.)

(IF you're wondering, your next point in MT will give you another hefty chunk of average score.... easily another 100-400 per round. The ranks in TT... not as rewarding SCOREWISE... but you gain a big increase in close range survivability and a big chunk of fun to boot... Leave a TT in the nearby area... run past it anytime a knifer or gunner trys to get buck with you.)

(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 11:28 PM by SweetName.)
19-04-2011, 04:42 PM | Post: #30
Inception. 
Yeah, it's quite a fun and challenging build (if you lag...., I do. /shrug)

It's also fun to see: OMFG MT5 N00B in the chat. Big Grin
27-04-2011, 02:09 AM | Post: #31
SweetName 
(19-04-2011 04:42 PM)KamnoT Wrote:  Yeah, it's quite a fun and challenging build (if you lag...., I do. /shrug)

It's also fun to see: OMFG MT5 N00B in the chat. Big Grin

Big Grin

yeah, the QQ about your MT spam is one of the real highlights of the build.

Its like its own meta game... listening to the enemy team try and figure out who that "noob" is who keeps spamming MT on them.

Which starts turning into hackusations because you "always" know where the enemy commandos are... and are selectively marking them...

ahhh,,, good times with MT.

27-04-2011, 02:17 AM | Post: #32
MuDvAyN3 
The only thing is dual pistol is kind of hard to be the main killer your more of an assist guy. I think you can carry a sniper rifle and get a higher K/D and do more damage in a shorter amount of time.

But as a royal commando I agree get 5 MT because those nat commandos always try to double team you.

[Image: 20ivsjr.jpg]
27-04-2011, 12:55 PM | Post: #33
SweetName 
(27-04-2011 02:17 AM)MuDvAyN3 Wrote:  The only thing is dual pistol is kind of hard to be the main killer your more of an assist guy. I think you can carry a sniper rifle and get a higher K/D and do more damage in a shorter amount of time.

But as a royal commando I agree get 5 MT because those nat commandos always try to double team you.

Hmmm...

at high levels its really rare to find a commando of ANY build as the #1 killer in a game. People are teamed up... so everyone is pulling assists. (They may not realize it... but just getting the last hit in counts as a kill... even if the guy credited for the assist did 90%+ of the damage.)

But yeah, you're definately there to assist others in dpsing down targets... you play more like a soldier than you do a traditional commando.

As far as KDR and damage goes... if you're using a rifle + VLR pistol combo... you ARE capable of a much higher burst damage potential. But that doesn't mean you can sustain that damage.

Snipers, most anyways, need to pause to line up their shots... 2x pistols doesn't have this requirement. SNipers need to reload... not 2x pistols. MOST snipers need PS3+ to be effective... pistols does not.

From all my playing of the game... I don't think there is a better DAMAGE/POINT generating build for commando than 2x VLR pistols.

-----------
Just to throw out my personal stats with the build... I'm a pretty dang casual player... especially when it comes to commando. Last I checked i'm... in the top 1% of all commandos when it comes to score per minute/per match... the top 2% when it comes to KDR. I don't imagine my score per minute/match will improve much as I level... but I know for a fact my KDR has been. (also... i'm in competition with people who use tonics and firepanties and stuff so...)

I'm just saying... my own personal experience tells me i'm fully capable of scoring and KDR'ing with the best of them when it comes to commandoing. (well, unless those commandos come in specifically to shut me down... nothing I can do about that though.) I don't think i'm actually all that good... so I assume that anyone who tries can have results similar to mine.

PS... yeah, sometime in the FAR future.. I'll start a commando from scratch and try playing 2x pistols... It may be interesting to see how the build performs now that I know what i'm doing with it... and how my stats look without all the time I spent knifing/sniping

27-04-2011, 01:18 PM | Post: #34
Flatmuis 
Hmm, a shame I don't have 2 VLR pistols. I'd love to try this out.
27-04-2011, 07:00 PM | Post: #35
CrazyWeazle 
Nice guide =)

Especially loved to see that you made a gunner rage about aimbots in your video Heart. Been experimenting with 2 VLR pistols for a while and noticed that its by far the most point generating build for mandos. Consistantly gettin around 2000 points per game

[Image: bunny4.png]
28-04-2011, 05:07 AM | Post: #36
SweetName 
Just as a reminder to anyone who is trying it out...

You won't REALLY see the damage/point potential until you learn to drop points from stealth.

I know, its tough at first...

but the reward for weening yourself off of stealth is QUITE high.

Plus... some of the skills you'll develop from not having stealth... they translate well to using a sniper rifle with less than max stealth as well.

Being able to free up 4 points from stealth can translate into ALOT of gained utility though elixer/MT/TT

29-04-2011, 09:34 AM | Post: #37
Jagged-Fel 
my very first round with this build.....wow....you have me sold, this beats every pistol combo I have tried. Been dual pistoling since level 9 with sr and mr pistols, this beats them by far. Thank you Heart

[Image: screen006-1.jpg]

[Image: JAGG.png]

Ezekyle Wrote:  In other words: 5 Jagged-Fels > 100 scrubs

30-04-2011, 05:38 AM | Post: #38
DavidoRex 
Hum de dum de dum.

[Image: 113533708-3.jpg]

Not only did I score upwards of 2500 points, but I went undefeated with 15 kills and completed my Pistol III mission, along with Plane Hunter II (kthanks trees), in a single round.

Just goes to show how destructive this build is. Not only that, but the second highest scorer was also a dual LR pistoler. They kept calling hax on him... no love for me I guess :/
30-04-2011, 06:26 PM | Post: #39
padamlulek 
At around 2:05 the guy you killed twice goes "wow what an aimbotter"

Also, I'd say the knifer's purpose is to kill lone wolves like enemy snipers, or people running from the spawn to the group.

And, the sniper's job is to take out key targets such as soldiers, campers, and other snipers.

Also, you got the pistolero's job right, but it IS possible to kill REALLY easily if you have 5 tt, and the tt is your opener. Sort of campy though.

Great guide. I have 2 uber lrps, but I never really got around to playing them. I will today. Thanks!

01-05-2011, 07:19 AM | Post: #40
SweetName 
First, Nice screenies ya'll. (occasionally I run into 2x VLRP users... it turns out, its a really obnoxious build to play against!)

Second,

(30-04-2011 06:26 PM)padamlulek Wrote:  At around 2:05 the guy you killed twice goes "wow what an aimbotter"

Also, I'd say the knifer's purpose is to kill lone wolves like enemy snipers, or people running from the spawn to the group.

And, the sniper's job is to take out key targets such as soldiers, campers, and other snipers.

Also, you got the pistolero's job right, but it IS possible to kill REALLY easily if you have 5 tt, and the tt is your opener. Sort of campy though.

Great guide. I have 2 uber lrps, but I never really got around to playing them. I will today. Thanks!

Big Grin he talks about me more during the video... I quit recording when it went to VV... lets just say... the noob bashing on the national side got a LITTLE (alot) more extreme after that.

But, what I wanted to adress was the kills and the TT thing.

The reality is I DO get kills all the time. I just don't advise people on making that their focus. I watch alot of players, gunners and commandos mostly, get tunnle vision when they're playing. They get focused on killing that one guy... and their score and tactical awareness really suffer as a result.

Since I consider this, more than anything else, to be a "fast leveling" build. (or a fun break from the norm.) I wrote the guide with an emphasis on fast play and high scores. Thats why I don't really talk about camping strategy or TT jeep traping and stuff. (And why I don't discuss in depth the SPECIFICS of how I deal with tanks or close range gunners. I just give the smart advice of.... avoid them.)

That said... You don't really need to "CAMP" to make use of a sweet TT setup. I usually stick to a general area of the map. So you can scatter TT's to your flanks... and they work as both an early warning system. (seeing 45+ pop up to your right... good indication of where to MT ;-) ) with the aditional benefit of softening up whoever it is that set the TT off.

PLus, if worse comes to worse and you get attacked from an unexpected angle/location... the TT's give you somewhere to retreat to. (The number of times my bacon was saved by retreating over a previously placed TT....)
-------------------------------------
OT portion.

I think role #1 of ALL commandos... is anti commando. MT at a minimum... counter sniping/camper punishing for snipers/knifers.

I fully agree as to knifers. Lonewolfs and respawns. SNipers... Priority 1? Kill snipers. Priority 2? overwatch your own teams fights. I don't support the far cliff campy snipers. (I mean... thats WHO I kill most of the time.) I think a sniper is MUCH more able to create a win for their team by "killstealing." Follow behind, or get a good overlooking position, of your soldiers/gunners. When the train starts rolling... start helping them burn down targets. One good keg/GS + a sniper as backup can melt targets FAST.

Gunner train vs gunnertrain.... its the snipers who can really make a difference there. PS5+fast/slow rifle totally negates the value of CM on a target... and it does it FAST.

/shrug.... I've talked about it enough in other parts of the forum... I'll just say... more so than any other class... I think the average commando is "doing it wrong."

*If a commando has reasonable aim, and plays aggressive... they are MUCH more effective than what you usually see in game.